PDA

View Full Version : Johnny 5's

superfresh
05-12-03, 23:28
Johnny 5's hostile to FA again? Went to Tescom and wasn't greeted warmly by them...

Psyco Groupie
06-12-03, 03:27
dont attack em then :P

superfresh
06-12-03, 04:39
Didn't. Got into a zone with a big group of em and they were all red to me. Normally I'm able to walk right up to them, cuddle, whatever.

Sorin
06-12-03, 05:21
But did they actually attack you? I'm allied to them on my Crahn characters. When I'm on one of my Crahn characters, they are green, but when I'm on the other, they are red. Both, however can walk right up to them and chill, go afk, whatever, no prob.

So did you get attacked? Or are they simply red now? Maybe it's a faction sympathy thing that isn't visible to us yet?

Psyco Groupie
06-12-03, 05:33
u musta fluffed your doy symp somewhow .. or something

VictorKruger
06-12-03, 05:33
Originally posted by Sorin
But did they actually attack you? I'm allied to them on my Crahn characters. When I'm on one of my Crahn characters, they are green, but when I'm on the other, they are red. Both, however can walk right up to them and chill, go afk, whatever, no prob.

So did you get attacked? Or are they simply red now? Maybe it's a faction sympathy thing that isn't visible to us yet?

wait a minute...some factions are friendly to the warbots? o_O heh i always thought they were hostile towards everyone.

Phlith
06-12-03, 05:37
Where did you get Warbots from... you probably ment DoY Bots though, the mobs found somewhere up there in that northeast corner... teh eval

superfresh
06-12-03, 05:55
Aye. Johnny 5's are the treaded DoY scout unit things. I was told calling them Johnny 5's would make me look leet.

They didn't attack, they were just red. So I guess it must be a bug.

VictorKruger
06-12-03, 06:08
Originally posted by superfresh
Aye. Johnny 5's are the treaded DoY scout unit things. I was told calling them Johnny 5's would make me look leet.

They didn't attack, they were just red. So I guess it must be a bug.

normally when i think of Johnny 5's i think of the WBs, as i thought most of the other people thought so too.

but with treaded DOY bots, when the anti-city factions complete the temp epic, they are allied to all DOY personal. So probably since you were teamed with someone who did complete the temp epic, it probably blanketed you too, as if he vouched for you that you won't cause any trouble.

VK

superfresh
06-12-03, 09:29
Eh...nm. I wasn't teamed.

superfresh
06-12-03, 11:13
Looks ok. Didnt shoot meh. Carry on.

Thread can be closed if a Mod wishes.

Krll
06-12-03, 21:59
Originally posted by VictorKruger
normally when i think of Johnny 5's i think of the WBs, as i thought most of the other people thought so too.

Ever seen the film "Short Circuit"? The robot in that is called Johnny 5 and looks like the DoY scouts, hence Johnny 5s. Warbots don't look like Johnny 5. :)

http://www.garou.demon.co.uk/7.jpg

Johnny 5 is alive! :)

-Krll

El Barto
06-12-03, 22:04

but with treaded DOY bots, when the anti-city factions complete the temp epic, they are allied to all DOY personal. So probably since you were teamed with someone who did complete the temp epic, it probably blanketed you too, as if he vouched for you that you won't cause any trouble.

VK

That wouldn't effect it.

LuCiD
06-12-03, 23:56
edited for stupidity

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 23:57
:p

LuCiD
06-12-03, 23:57
i can't think...was thinking of kami chips o.O

Shakey -=Tank=-
07-12-03, 13:31
I wonder if the similarity between scout bots and johnny 5 could be classed as infringement of copyright :lol:

SigmaDraconis
07-12-03, 14:01
Lucid posting..scary....

as for infringment of copy right...hmm

HMMMMMMMMMMM

try to think of 3 things in this game that DONT come close to copy right infringment o.0

Mighty Max
07-12-03, 14:07
Sais someone called Sigma Draconis ...

odd or ?

J. Folsom
07-12-03, 14:52
but with treaded DOY bots, when the anti-city factions complete the temp epic, they are allied to all DOY personal. So probably since you were teamed with someone who did complete the temp epic, it probably blanketed you too, as if he vouched for you that you won't cause any trouble. Actually, the bots are green to me, and my character started off as TT, then went NEXT, then FA, so first two DOY hostile factions, then one DOY friendly faction, I also haven't done the FA epic, but I did do the epics for TT and NEXT, so it probably isn't epic dependant.

superfresh
07-12-03, 16:06
FYI - Anarchy Breed is showing up as red too, but don't attack. Definitely a bug. I was PP and BT before switching to FA...

J. Folsom
07-12-03, 18:49
Originally posted by superfresh
FYI - Anarchy Breed is showing up as red too, but don't attack. Definitely a bug. I was PP and BT before switching to FA... Are only their names red, or both their faction and names?

If it's the latter, something's messed up, if it's the former, it's probably residual faction sympathy from when you were PP (AFAIK, PP is hostile to AB, and if your faction sympathy with a faction is really low, their guards show up with red names, despite them being in friendly factions)

//Ring\\
07-12-03, 23:26
dude if i were u i wouldnt worry about being hostile to AB anyway.. theyre so weak and easy to kill.. ;)

if it were teh johny 5s that are hostile though.. ur in deep shit 0.o

superfresh
08-12-03, 05:29
Aye, their names, faction, and health bar are all coming up red.

...and yup. Anarchy Breed < Me < Johnny 5's.