PDA

View Full Version : Change Soullight Yes or No ?

Promethius
05-12-03, 21:21
We all got our thoughts I'm just getting a number to place on all the faces.

Don't care a whole lot about wat to cahnge it to but if people think it needs changing. So even if u don't post just vote.

Change SL yes or no?

ghandisfury
05-12-03, 21:25
Just get rid of it......go with FS instead of SL. Or make let there be a way to "make {insert runner here} enemy".

Promethius
05-12-03, 21:28
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Just get rid of it......go with FS instead of SL. Or make let there be a way to "make {insert runner here} enemy".

yea aslong as its changed i don't care ^^

ElfinLord
05-12-03, 21:31
I agree, get rid of it.

What good does it really do anyway? It's not going to stop anyone from random PK'ing and it seems to take a lot of the fun out of outpost wars.

I don't really have any ideas about what to do instead, but I like ghandisfury's idea.

If it has to stay, then it needs to be tweaked. A friend of mine had 100 SL once and accidentally killed an NPC taking out a Warbot and dropped to -11 SL or something like that. Now I don't know if that was a bug, or the way it's supposed to be, but that's just ridiculous.

Promethius
05-12-03, 21:32
Originally posted by ElfinLord
I agree, get rid of it.

What good does it really do anyway? It's not going to stop anyone from random PK'ing and it seems to take a lot of the fun out of outpost wars.

I don't really have any ideas about what to do instead, but I like ghandisfury's idea.

If it has to stay, then it needs to be tweaked. A friend of mine had 100 SL once and accidentally killed an NPC taking out a Warbot and dropped to -11 SL or something like that. Now I don't know if that was a bug, or the way it's supposed to be, but that's just ridiculous.

Just to correct u , u don't lose SL in OP wars (i kno u haven't been to any i saw oen of ur posts)

ghandisfury
05-12-03, 21:34
Originally posted by Promethius
Just to correct u , u don't lose SL in OP wars (i kno u haven't been to any i saw oen of ur posts)

yes you do, if you kill the people at YOs.....which basically means that if you AOE in the wrong direction, and you're already at negative SL, then you better leave in a hurry.

ElfinLord
05-12-03, 21:35
Originally posted by Promethius
I stand corrcted. Thank you.

Originally posted by ghandisfury
yes you do, if you kill the people at YOs.....which basically means that if you AOE in the wrong direction, and you're already at negative SL, then you better leave in a hurry.
Good point.

g0rt
05-12-03, 22:08
if anyone says no they should be shot

Shadow Dancer
05-12-03, 22:13
I went to the graves with 70 Soul Light. For some reason, the monk "Padre" started attacking me, I didn't even have a weapon out. I killed him in self defense, and dropped to -12 SL.

So yes, DOWN WITH SL....in it's current state at least lol.

ezza
05-12-03, 22:22
i wouldnt care about Sl if it wasnt for the fact it opens up the first slot and you drop 5 items just for playing the role of the bad guy

ghandisfury
05-12-03, 22:25
Originally posted by ezza
i wouldnt care about Sl if it wasnt for the fact it opens up the first slot and you drop 5 items just for playing the role of the bad guy

Or for protecting your self....or for some dumb ass noob running in your barrel......or for killing your own soul cluster......or for barreling an OP at the wrong point......etc:D

Promethius
05-12-03, 23:02
Can any GMs comment on this? Does KK ever plan to change SL?

ghandisfury
05-12-03, 23:35
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE 5 STARS ;)

Jest
06-12-03, 00:24
I don't know, from recent MJS statements and the latest Neocronicle, I am starting to think it WILL change when BDoY is released. Just my guess. ;)

Spectra260
06-12-03, 00:36
it needs to change somehow...and theres been SOME good ideas...but i havnt seen a really really great one yet

Bob Monkhouse
06-12-03, 02:10
SL is fundamentally flawed IMO. An "automatic" system like this doesn't take into account the vast number of ways to end up with -ve SL without being an "evil" character. It really doesnt do the job it is SUPPOSED to and personally I think it is a real anti RP tool. Anyone who has played "proper" PnP RPGs knows that people should be rewarded for playing their character well, and I don't see any real way to play an "evil" runner under the present system.

I believe an "evil" runner should be disadvantaged in terms of getting trades done, access to the city, being hunted by teams of bounty hunters etc. Not by having to do missions every now and then to prevent them having a VERY harsh penalty in terms of drops, because lets face it, thats how the system works now.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I don't have any ambitions to be "evil" in NC, but that doesn't mean I can't see the problems facing those who do.

Promethius
06-12-03, 06:46
To me SL is just a big TimeSink causing agitation and boredom.

g0rt
06-12-03, 06:50
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I went to the graves with 70 Soul Light. For some reason, the monk "Padre" started attacking me, I didn't even have a weapon out. I killed him in self defense, and dropped to -12 SL.

So yes, DOWN WITH SL....in it's current state at least lol.

Another of many examples why SL sux the bag

BombShell
06-12-03, 11:06
alot of this is wut am talking about in my forum.

but i take most of u would like to vote in my 3rd vote bar :)

Matthew.v.smith
06-12-03, 16:48
Just 5 mins ago i accidentally killed a shop keeper in PP1 with a long sword i slashed him twice he dropped dead BAM 13 sl to - 12

Had i have lost all my items from a gank (-16) i would have probably quit and left the game because this has happened before and I felt like not EVER playing again only by pushing myself did i get back to playing :|

im still imagining all my effort going down the drain because of one of those Bloody NPCs with like 30 hp WHY WHY WHY make them so weak!!!!! its like they want you to kill them lose sl get ganked and leave the game upset :(

I'm mostly annoyed at myself for killing the shop keeper but it was still by error only I normally slash them once but i tryed twice this time out of curiocity had i have got ganked i most likely could have got my belt back but i cnt be sure.

lucky i diddent but the i cant explain how stupid i feel i do really feel like hitting myself because of my stupidity arg i cant explain
i feel like i almost ended the game for myself normally u can blame someone else for the error but that time i had no one to blame but myself and that makes the feeling worse had i have lost everything if u get what im saying :p

Matty:angel:

Ghard
06-12-03, 18:17
how about u lose 10 sl for killing some one so if u got 100 sl and u kill some one u get 90 instead of -11 or whatever any way needs work

Matthew.v.smith
06-12-03, 18:40
Yes i agree.

SL
NEEDS
WORK.

no matter what anyone says its true.
and just to make sure the point is made.

SL
NEEDS
WORK.

surely its not so hard to make it so u lose 5 SL for enemy deaths in safe zones
and 10 SL in Normal zones
While if u kill a Friend its 10 SL in Safe zones
and 15 in Normal zones.

Thank you

Matty.
:angel:

P.S) i hate sounding like a broken record im not as angry about this as i make out to be when writing.
im just worried that ANYONE could end up quitting NC from getting RED SL.
I kno KK have a lot on their hands and im not asking for anything to be done.
but this SL is an important thing that NEEDS FIXING its not just something that can be overlooked I (and others) and i ask u guys to at least consider a Fix to this SL problem thanks and please forgive my angry tone :)

EDIT: oops i mean Safe zone 10 SL Normal zone 5 sl etc etc ^_^

Style
06-12-03, 18:59
SHIT YES! shit off wif da SL and u mak lot of people happy, and the wastelands and OZ may become active again instead of everyone hiding in caves n shi'it...

Shakey -=Tank=-
07-12-03, 16:27
I agree with Ghard

"how about u lose 10 sl for killing some one so if u got 100 sl and u kill some one u get 90 instead of -11 or whatever any way needs work"

Style
07-12-03, 16:44
barsterd shakey, dizze rascal is well gud init, av u heard sittin ere. neway ack on topic. 32 votes to 11 is all gud u know what im sayin martin. but yeah sort it out.

MjukisDjur
08-12-03, 02:12
had +72 with my tank today, killed the wrong npc for epic and BLAM -10. Grrrrrrrr

MegaCorp
08-12-03, 07:54
I understand why they have the Soul Light system, and I believe I understand their goals, especially when it comes to motivating their view of how PKing should happen in the game ... but the system as implemented is fundamentally flawed: it is not achieving their goals, and causes all kinds of troubles for everyone - even for people trying hard to do proper PK roleplaying rather than simple griefing.

So, yes, it needs to be seriously rethought and reworked / reinvented.

Spook

Style
08-12-03, 10:52
i aint being funny yeah, but the goal has been accomplished, and KKs 'goal' to stamp out RPK has fucked things up... why? u ask me, ask your self usin my brain yo. ok ill tell you, there IS no RPK in NC anymore, and it makes da game shi compared to what i was when RPK's used to play, wheres the danger, theres not even the danger of loosin ur item, its the pk who gets this danger, but its the danger of loosin EVERYTHING and not being able to go jack it back, so u frown till u think wots da worth n leave. so uh, neptune neone?

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 11:01
Yea change it. my main char is on a -29 SL now due a hour long bug that took me 44 relogs to get out of O.o.. and with all raids in TH its a bitch to get up.. and then there are still only bot missions and they suck because u never find the bots u need :/
turret missions are the best.. but after spending a total of 30 min looking @ a citycom and finaly finding 1 of those it sucks

What G said would work to ^^ i once had +93 SL on my char :(

steweygrrr
08-12-03, 11:12
How about if killing NPCs had no benefits or drawbacks at all? i.e. no SL loss, no EXP and no FS (which would stop people camping faction HQs for symp -- go get it the old fashioned way and PvP or can you not face being owned by someone better? =) )

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 11:24
Originally posted by steweygrrr
How about if killing NPCs had no benefits or drawbacks at all? i.e. no SL loss, no EXP and no FS (which would stop people camping faction HQs for symp -- go get it the old fashioned way and PvP or can you not face being owned by someone better? =) )

yea that will work lol no realy my char has -99 in all FS already killing npc's is the only way i can change faction if i ever wanted.. sure i can fight ( PvP ) for FS but there are just to few ppl around to do it against.. fight fair anyway.. only fights we'r getting in are mass fights vs 10 ppl with PPU's and all shit

Promethius
09-12-03, 20:07
Trying to up FS by PKin people is unrealistic unless ur killing a mule at there appt over and over. I'd just rather not taking and SL hit from killing NPC's in warzones. Due to people turreting at the shops to avoid AoE.

Either way we all know SL needs to be fixed whether people admit it or not. Some people are not activly PvPing and don't care about SL so they vote no. Others are sick of getting PKed and want Pkers to suffer to they are down with the crappy SL.

(keep in mind i don't mean all people who vted no fit into those categories but some do.)

Either way down with SL!

Flyl
09-12-03, 22:45
*votes yes*
/me sets five stars

Promethius
10-12-03, 21:09
For the people who have voted no....plz give some reasoning?

RuriHoshino
10-12-03, 21:15
It does need to be changed, I'm just not sure how.

Matthew.v.smith
10-12-03, 21:18
The Most important Reason for Changing SL is the fact that it can effectively end your game If your not carefull :(

It almost ended mine but luckily im a strong person and kept on pushing myself to get back what I lost :)