PDA

View Full Version : Paying more per month for NC:BDoY?

ElfinLord
05-12-03, 21:12
Just as a note, it has not been officially stated in any way that I have seen that we will have to pay more per month to play.

I just want to know if you would be willing pay more, and if so, how much.

I would be willing to pay more, up to maybe $15 US per month.

Please vote yes or no to paying more.

If you vote, yes, please post how much you would be willing to pay.

If you vote, no, please post why.

Thanks.

Richard Adregen
05-12-03, 21:16
I'd rather not, I'm not very rich as it is, but this is a good game... If it's worth it I might

RA.

Keiron
05-12-03, 21:20
Depends on what changes NC:BDOY would bring. If it was just like a re-hash of what we have atm then no. However, if it brought many of the promised things (mechs, hacknet, ect) I wouldn’t think twice about paying $15 a month.

Zanathos
05-12-03, 21:24
depends on what DoY brings

I wouldnt mine paying up to another 5 bucks

Krll
05-12-03, 22:42
Again, it depends on what DoY is going to change/bring.

Now sure how much extra I'd be willing to pay. I'd have to decide that when it comes to the crunch.

-Krll

KimmyG
05-12-03, 22:43
If some more cash ment better gameplay I would pay it what a few bucks more.

g0rt
05-12-03, 22:45
if its better why not whats 10$/month anyway

Psyco Groupie
05-12-03, 22:46
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

REMUS
05-12-03, 22:47
yes i would pay more as long as they lower the joining costs for trial subscriptions and dont charge to much for nc/doy. I would be prepared to pay around $10 a month, if doy is worth it, if its not im not staying...

IceStorm
05-12-03, 22:47
I'm only paying $7.50/mo per account right now since I buy in 6 month blocks. Sure, jack the price up. Long as there's a discount for buying 6 months at a time, who cares? :-)

KimmyG
05-12-03, 22:49
Oh dear a few bucks more what is you allowance just enough for the price it is now. If a bit more ment better servers and more help I would gladly pay it.

Nice things cost money, good help costs money. Everyone wants the 1st part but dont want to pay the 2nd.

g0rt
05-12-03, 22:53
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
[edited for consistency]

Who cares just a few dollars more from everyone per month can give KK enough money to hire more people to fix bugs and whatnot.

Can't believe how many people will spend 10$ to see a movie which lasts 2 hours, hten bitch if they have to pay more then 10$ for 30 days in a game that they will probably play more then 2 hours a DAY

LTA
05-12-03, 22:54
no i wouldnt pay anymore for it as it currently stands for me it ain't gonna be worth it.

Whitestuff
05-12-03, 22:56
An increase of $5 . . . sure. I pay for 6 months in advance and I would not mind much, but any more than that and it gets questionable. I refuse to Give sony $15 a month for anything they produce for MMORPGs, just cause they are sony, but KK deserves a bit of credit IMO.

amfest
05-12-03, 23:01
Can't believe how many people will spend 10$ to see a movie which lasts 2 hours, hten bitch if they have to pay more then 10$ for 30 days in a game that they will probably play more then 2 hours a DAY

lol .. i agree, most people I know complain about paying for the servers they play on when they bought the game . but in most cases I've seen them go pay 50 bucks for a game . . beat it in a week and never play it again :eek: . . . what's the difference?

Shadow Dancer
05-12-03, 23:03
Originally posted by g0rt

Holy shit g0rt, you are so right. That's a very good point you bring up.

Rade
05-12-03, 23:42
I wouldnt mind 15-20$, the monthly cost for mmorpgs is way too
low anyway, its UOs fault, they set the trend. Ask anyone that
works at a publisher what they have been thinking about ROI,
investment vs risk and the monthly cost the last few years.

NeoChick
05-12-03, 23:49
I would pay $5 more but I would not pay $15 more, that is on top of what we are already paying
I wouldn't go overboard and pay more than other MMORPG's charge

Spoon
06-12-03, 00:22
Yeah, go ahead and raise the price....

That always attracts more customers..........:rolleyes:

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 00:31
Hell yes, if i were to see an NC bugfree, with renewed graphics, constantly added content, mechs, hacknet, dead droms and more strippers, id pay up to $20 a month, just cause its one of the best places to spend that $20.

If on the other hand, none of the above happends, bye bye KK!!!

Beanie McChimp
06-12-03, 00:54
Well if its more per month I can't play. (parents credit card)

Spectra260
06-12-03, 01:21
i dont see why you would need to pay extra PER MONTH to play with DoY...

your already paying for the expansion (which i have no problem with) so theres really no need to pay extra monthly...

shodanjr_gr
06-12-03, 01:24
Originally posted by Spectra260
i dont see why you would need to pay extra PER MONTH to play with DoY...

your already paying for the expansion (which i have no problem with) so theres really no need to pay extra monthly...

We would pay extra with the hope that the extra money will go into getting more coders and generally staff that will develop the game further.

Felissa
06-12-03, 01:31
Up to 15€, which is about 15$ per month... While I chosed one payment every third month (there 35-40€ would be okay).

Pill
06-12-03, 09:41
1 to 10 odds say that people are willing to say the movie was more interesting than the game

Menolak
06-12-03, 10:16
i vote no for one good reason..
the fu** they cant fix the freaking bug..
and since im not living in US, its already more expensive for me then for average people. about 80$ for 3 month. change rate, money shipping. no fu***ng way im going to pay more. Hell i cancelled my second account because im starting to be really pissed off by all the bug this game as. Some of my friend stop playing it and they call neocron the "unfinished game". They should make it works properlly (fix the bug, the FPS in op, etc)before letting DOY out and asking for more money. I wont mind paying DOY CD, but not for paying more each month.

ElfinLord
06-12-03, 12:53
Well it seems pretty even so far. :)

I wonder what the official word will be about this, if any.

I think it would be kick-ass if there wasn't an increase in the cost to play, but let's face it, NC:BDoY is not being released as an expansion, as I understand it, but as a new game. So, if it's a new game, then maybe there will be an increase.

What is the average price to play per month for most MMORPG's? Isn't it like $12.95 or something?

For those of you who wouldn't pay $15, would you pay $12.95 or whatever the average price is?

/edit

Disclaimer: Just to be on the safe side, I am not intending to start any rumors with this question. There has been no official statement that there will be an increase in the cost to play.

dbomb
08-12-03, 08:42
heres my idea
raise the monthly price a few dollars, give us doy free, everyone gets doy publisher gets the added money, kk wouldnt be contradicting telling us that doy would be free, everyone would get doy and there wouldnt be that new doy servers and seperate old servers with plain nc issue

Lanigav
08-12-03, 12:41
I have to give a big no on that one. Increasing monthly costs whenever an expansion comes out isn't a good idea. The cost of purchasing the expansion software should be enough.

Still, if worse came to worse, I might consider paying more.

boneybob
08-12-03, 12:46
the answer is nope, sorry

with an ever increasing ammount of work on my head and less time for NC if the £/month was raised i would probably have to cancle my account (shame real, considering as you can see iv been here since Beta 4)

o_O
BB

Kaspar
08-12-03, 12:57
Before making pay the players for a addon which will bring even more bugs, they should correct those existing. DoY will not bring anything really nine to the play. The extention was announced free since months, then to increase the subscription ===> NOT!

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 13:02
i don't have alot of cash.. i used to have just 1 account because of that since i had driving lessons so i couldn't affourd another.. atm i got some "spare" cash.. and wouldn't mind paying something extra as in 3/4 euro's but if its getting to much i gonna have to get back to 1 account