PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking to Shotgun Idea(s)

Heavyporker
05-12-03, 18:34
While the idea of fixed shotguns and a new rare shotgun fills me with joy, I think they need some more work.

Firstly... shotguns are CLOSE-RANGE weapons, correct? They normally use scattershot, correct?

Hence, I propose this:

- Shotguns get +50% damage in close-range combat. (yes, raygun style, but with base force.) Say, the first 25% of range, I would think.

- Shotguns get a PSI Blast effect (the limited, but effective AoE damage, NOT the gfx) when used at the far end of its range. Say, the last 25% of its range.

- Shotguns get a "deer slug" mod, which removes the longrange AoE effect bonus, but gives 20% more range and 30% more accuracy at long range. This is because shotgun ammo in RL either get scattershot or huge single slugs. (trust me, don't mess with those deer slugs) Just something to give variety to shottys.

This could greatly raise the allure of shotguns. Hell, with these changes, would see them in PvP, especially vs. Monks, which might shut up some more naysayers.

BlackPrince
05-12-03, 18:54
Common misconception that a shotgun is a 'deathstick' and you just point it at a target and everyone in the room dies. In all actuality, past about 5 feet 00 or 000 buckshot, even in 3 1/2" magnum loads is rather useless unless you have a narrow choke on it.

Anyway, the shotgun purist in me has been satisfied with that little statement, now to get on to the real work.

Idea is sound, and would make shotguns very viable for rifle PEs (who would do well to use it). In close range it'd be deadly, but they'd need the reticle to close almost as fast as a pistol to be of any real use.

Nvidia
06-12-03, 02:03
I'd sex it

Nide Idea, Porker :D

Psyco Groupie
06-12-03, 02:20
another crap idea from heavypoker

Lanigav
06-12-03, 03:11
I really like it. 5 stars.

MkVenner
06-12-03, 03:29
I like

Torteth
06-12-03, 07:54
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
another crap idea from heavypoker

You're such a troll... Get a life...

Heavyporker
06-12-03, 08:41
I'm heartened by the rather positive reponse. Yes, I think that rifle PEs would love something like this.. I mean, atm the only force/pierce rifles available to lowtechers are gatlings and assault rifles, which seems like it would get rather boring quickly.