PDA

View Full Version : PvP

BombShell
05-12-03, 09:02
OK, am getting tired of this sl shit how about we reamp the whole faction and sl crap for pvp.

First we need to get rid of this -sl. for god sake i hate having to defend my self or having a wondering bullent hit some nub and losing 100 sl.

and wut ever happen to the rewards of pvp it hink their should be some cash we gain. for killing someone like if someone has a rank of /70 u get 2 zeros after that 7000nc thats good enough cash i would say. after all killing the enmy should be like killing mobs and this is cash from the person u killed. and is divide liek if 2 peeps kill him ill get 3500nc and my freind will get 3500nc.

and rezzing should cast half the amount of ur rank like /70 agin. but half the amount would be 3500nc so if u gr u lose around over 6knc depending on rank and ur imps falling out. and it should make some peeps gr at op fights. so the mroe thay r rezzed and died more thay lose cash. making war more painful. calling for retreats or desertors

losing sl is also bs y should we lose liek 6 items y not just let ur slot 1 open when u hav bad sl.

second y does it take forever to gain sl but u can lose 112 sl jjust for some nub walking in ur way or killing a ass using posion beam trying to zone at the same time.

and also y shouldnt i kill a allie faction or let him kill me and drop me imps. i rather lose some cash for killing allied faction and if the guy cant pay for some cash he then starts to lose some sl its liek a fine from ur faction. to be honest isnt it worth it to kill someone once to get him of ur bak and lose soem cash rather then killing this guy and losing all ur sl.

and wuts with all the hunting grounds being PvP free or soemthing. that is totally bs. thats like saying ha am a enmy faction but u cant hurt me because am in a hunting ground and if theirs 5 of them thats major pain. remove all hunting grounds. reson y is becuase wut if u wan to hunt their and ur enmy faction come on y should we all hunt and lvl with enmy factions to get any where. this will cause peeps to fight to lvl.

all this is rping. because really wut other rping do we do then just pk after we do everything.

liek in other post how about we make missions for rares and gear trying to get respect throu things with long ass missions not these job terms.

KimmyG
05-12-03, 09:07
Good Idea for the 50th time.
Was fighting in pepper today looked up and I am -10 and I dont even know how I got there. Not much you can do when there is 15-20 people going at it and one quick cast and you clip an allied faction guy who dies the you take SL.

BombShell
05-12-03, 09:12
Dont Forget to Vote :D

Spectra260
05-12-03, 09:49
i personally had other ideas....but this is good too i guess...

i just hate having to be only allowed to kill a couple people and need to run and hide for 2 days or do fucking 30 agressor missions or somthing...

doing missions should raise your SL by like 5 each time...especially if you can go up to 100 SL and kill one eprson and go to -10. that is just retarded...

VetteroX
05-12-03, 10:42
cash on a kill is a great idea, but they would have to impliment a system so that you only get cash from the same guy like once an hour, or people would exploit it.

My idea is lose the SL system, but maybe make it so get cash for killing hostiles and negative cash for killing allies. This way, some people (like me) would say "oh, screw $ I want blood" and pk whoever, and other might be perswaded not to kill allies. if theres isnt some negative to killing allies, the whining from care bears will be deafening im afraid...

At least, make it so you dont lose SL if theres no authority witness. For example, of FA kills a TG infront of a bot, (or maybe camera put in zones around HQs) he gets neg sl, but if nobody sees, no witniss, how can he get bad sl?

[TgR]KILLER
05-12-03, 10:52
Killing for cash.. O.o A whole new way of making cash :)

Shadow Dancer
05-12-03, 11:54
I have a variation of the cash system.

Simply put, everyone starts with 1000 faction points. And you can buy stuff(I dont 'know what yet) with these faction points. You can only gain or lose faction points by killing other players or dying.

It could be open to some abuse, but I think we could work with that. They could make those faction points used for buying all sorts of stuff. I dont 'know what yet. But it would be a nice PvP reward system.

Simply put, "normal" cash is too easy to get and there's other ways of getting it. So it'll be a little meaningless to get cash for kills and stuff. Perhaps the stuff you can buy with faction points is stuff you can't get normally. Maybe you can sell some "underused" rares for large amount of faction points, and clean up the pool a bit. Like X amount of faction points will let you purchase one illegal slotenhancer. Or an extremely large sum of faction points for an ultima mod or something.

BombShell
05-12-03, 17:50
Originally posted by VetteroX
cash on a kill is a great idea, but they would have to impliment a system so that you only get cash from the same guy like once an hour, or people would exploit it.

My idea is lose the SL system, but maybe make it so get cash for killing hostiles and negative cash for killing allies. This way, some people (like me) would say "oh, screw $ I want blood" and pk whoever, and other might be perswaded not to kill allies. if theres isnt some negative to killing allies, the whining from care bears will be deafening im afraid...

At least, make it so you dont lose SL if theres no authority witness. For example, of FA kills a TG infront of a bot, (or maybe camera put in zones around HQs) he gets neg sl, but if nobody sees, no witniss, how can he get bad sl?

yah thier is just incase u didnt see. the cash is from their own account its really small to see but its their so this no new cash formed.

comeon peeps plz vote i dont care if its shit or not i want something to happen

Gotterdammerung
05-12-03, 18:03
Personally speaking I can't understand why this issue of SL always crops up. I know some prople like to posture themselves as "I kill everything, anyplace, all the time" but that really can't be true now can it, or else you wouldn't pay so much attention to SL. Now on my personal characters I have killed enemies, neutrals, allieds, my own faction and sometimes even my own clan mates so please don't think that you are talking to someone who doesn't know what point of view you are comming from. I have been at -32 plenty of times but honestly it's no big deal (and it's not like as soon as I have hit -16 i gr'd out, i stayed alot longer to kill more then most others would), when I hit that -16 or -32 I just take some time to go do a few missions and IT GOES BACK UP !!!!

I know lots of "hardcore" players have issues with gamma bones, belt drops instead of a weapon, safe zones etc.... and often people opposed to those views get called "carebear" and such, but honestly, if SL is the only issue, don't you think you can be a little inventive and deal with it instead of calling for the usual "carebear" nerfs ?

Spectra260
05-12-03, 18:07
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Personally speaking I can't understand why this issue of SL always crops up. I know some prople like to posture themselves as "I kill everything, anyplace, all the time" but that really can't be true now can it, or else you wouldn't pay so much attention to SL.

or we used to be PK'ers before they fucked up the SL system...

back then no one did really pay to much attention to it, but when you have to pay 500k per cs part, and you loose it due to SL is really annoying, and a pain in the ass, especially when you dont got credits ocmingo ut of your ass to just buy a new one....PLUS these days everyone just wants to trade for parts, and like i said if they dotn trade you can expect to pay 500-600k.

edit: i dunno how long youve been playing the game gotter...but back when retail first came out you could go on short rampages and stuff...

also didnt it used to be like, if a newbie in the sewers had 10 sl, and you worked yourseelf up to like 50, and you killd them you wouldnt lose none since yours was higher?

i dont remember for sure...but i think thats how it used to be, if your SL was higher than the person you killed you didnt lose none:wtf:

Gotterdammerung
05-12-03, 18:54
"back then no one did really pay to much attention to it, "

I'm not talking about back then, I'm talking about now. What I related in my above posts is how I play now.

LTA
05-12-03, 19:02
To me your either "Good" or "Bad" there shouldnt be all this numerical crap.

Your good cops leave you alone etc, get access to maybe special items can go around the city.
Your bad cops hate you, storms hate you, city stores hate you, your forced into the sleazier areas where things are crap etc and make you work harder.
I also upon death you should just drop something or the player who killed you recives it, or money or something.
Lets face it if you died you think you can keep your stuff?
Rares shouldnt exist except One only items ie only 1 exists therefore its rare, either that or up the drop so people dont worry as much bout losing stuff...

Then the choice is yours you either become good or bad and there aint no changing it unless you work long and hard....

Thats my opinion the sl bit...

As for fighting.... gerrid of freezers, tweak about the ppu, i reckpn once the ppu has some tweakin and spies also (they shouldnt be forced mules imo everyone should be viable) then most pvp will see more chars/setups etc.
Maybe make shelter or deflect rather than both, you choose which you think will stop the enemy instead of having both protecting you against it all.

Scikar
05-12-03, 19:39
Don't really have a problem with SL at the moment, since I limit my killing to enemies. I would prefer it if the drop rules were the same for everyone though.

REMUS
05-12-03, 19:49
i think its a great idea, sort of a reward from your faction for killing enemy faction members :D

BombShell
06-12-03, 10:47
well got i think the system needs improvement thats all we get no reward for killing anyone even if their enmys and the lost of cash and rezzing is a big set to stoppeeps form spying becuase he rezz andkill them for their own cash and thay now care if thay die.

perssonnally it hink this is a great idea in rewards since nothing else seems to be great. unless i havnt thought of it or someone is not talking. i would love to also hear other peeps i just want something diffrent this system is just no good.

and maybe losing 112 sl from 1 peeps isnt bad to u but many of us thats how we keep r belts i notice mroe sl u hav more harder it is to hack and i hate accidental kills or nubs trying to kill em with posion beams and zoning to escape -sl.

theirs alot of assholes out their and i dont think the system as it is should be their it should be changed so that we can atleast fight aignst it instead of just risking r items. me my self been caught in fights of 5+ peeps and losing massive sl do to hunting grounds or other shit. just because thay think thay can gank me for being alone or some crazy shit liek that for just trying to lvl their or hunting.

am just tired of having this problem almost everyday deciding to kill or be killed. because theirs alot of monks out their and alot of them use posion beam and zone to kill me. i rather lose cash and pay a fine of their rank then risk later on losing my items
because i dont bother with missions i just sit their ina ppy letting sl go down or i just play throu.

o and dont get me wrong carebear nerf?? wut that suppose to mean isnt that y we hav LE's.??? i dotn complain if u hide behind le i just say take it out and ill show u a kwel trick or some gay saying. i dotn think anyone is a carebear everyone just needs to relize this is neocron its either kill or be killed.

and if ur low isnt thats y making powerful freinds is a good thing theirs ur team play :). (this doesnt represent others just me. ive been getting heartless do to all this bs goin around now)

Mr Button
06-12-03, 10:55
losing sl is also bs y should we lose liek 6 items y not just let ur slot 1 open when u hav bad sl.

Is this AliG incognito on drugs or something??? lmfao - man I thought injecting hot bovril was illegal now

:cool:

Psycho_Soldier
06-12-03, 11:10
Why don't some of you people understand this is a english forum? Not the "i r wee ta did 4um".

BombShell
06-12-03, 11:11
OK new idea since am not getting ur attention how about some of u guys both ur thoughts and ideas on how u would like it.

and maybe just maybe we can comeup with something thats great.

BombShell
06-12-03, 11:12
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Why don't some of you people understand this is a english forum? Not the "i r wee ta did 4um".

because english is boring. it adds pazazz :)

Menolak
06-12-03, 11:17
second y does it take forever to gain sl but u can lose 112 sl jjust for some nub walking in ur way or killing a ass using posion beam trying to zone at the same time

this zoning thing its call exploit!
i just talk with a staf member a few day ago trough e-mail about it!

Generally i agree with the SL lost. Pure BS! but not with the rest.
First hunting ground. the reason why there PvP free(almost) its to prevent Sh**head LvL 70 come and kill noob! why? because noob should be able to XP without being assault by High ranking every 2 seconde. There is already enough trouble making Xp outside huntingGround without being kill... Some will reply "Put the LE" well ok for Pro-CA but how Rp is it to see Anti-CA with LE?
Hell they should even start with one. They all have place to hunt anyway (outzone, canyon, sewer in PP.)

For the killing other and getting paid if its ennemy and loosing if its allied great idea!

BombShell
06-12-03, 11:23
Originally posted by Menolak
this zoning thing its call exploit!
i just talk with a staf member a few day ago trough e-mail about it!

Generally i agree with the SL lost. Pure BS! but not with the rest.
First hunting ground. the reason why there PvP free(almost) its to prevent Sh**head LvL 70 come and kill noob! why? because noob should be able to XP without being assault by High ranking every 2 seconde. There is already enough trouble making Xp outside huntingGround without being kill... Some will reply "Put the LE" well ok for Pro-CA but how Rp is it to see Anti-CA with LE?
Hell they should even start with one. They all have place to hunt anyway (outzone, canyon, sewer in PP.)

For the killing other and getting paid if its ennemy and loosing if its allied great idea!

yah i would totally agree with u but theirs 1 thing. sometimes theirs rank /70's hunting in caves or mc5. not low lvling grounds i think. now if it was aggy celler i understand.

but maybe thay should just add a rank limit when u reach u dont give a penatie for being killed. 50+ i think is good enough because most monks that r ppu dont hav any dex but r uber anyway and almost everyone at /50 can kill soemthing.

but theirs always hav to be another way.

or the harrsher rule if u can lvl here u can die.

ezza
06-12-03, 12:01
id be happy if Red SL didnt open the first slot and made you drop 5 items or whatever.

it should be same as normal person but your Red SL, so people can see who the bad guys are.

introduce the bounty system and you have a interesting time.

but wheres the reason to be the bad guy.

gotter: if your running around with -30 Sl I bet your either sticking a LE in or have it like that in the canyon, carry on playing around neocron killing people and then tell me its ok once you lose all your shit

t0tt3
06-12-03, 12:51
SL system sucks dropping from 70 to 14 in one hit is just lame, and now when you gain 1 SL per mission get real.

Why not loose 5 SL per kill or just ditch this system never liked it,, its for wimps and wimps only. Its not like everyone gonna go rampage when the SL system is gone "I dont think so.."

Do 2 things....

1: Ditch the SL system
2: CLEAN UP THE RARE POOL!!!!!!!!!!! Make all worthless shit rares a small epic run style or something like Wyatt earp ant others.. yea a big list would be loooong becasue most of the rares sucks imo :P They need nerfs ^^

BombShell
06-12-03, 18:05
Originally posted by ezza
id be happy if Red SL didnt open the first slot and made you drop 5 items or whatever.

it should be same as normal person but your Red SL, so people can see who the bad guys are.

introduce the bounty system and you have a interesting time.

but wheres the reason to be the bad guy.

gotter: if your running around with -30 Sl I bet your either sticking a LE in or have it like that in the canyon, carry on playing around neocron killing people and then tell me its ok once you lose all your shit

well it would be nice to inroduce the bounty system

but ur a guy who got killed buy him. u go to a com asign the guy u want killed drop some cash.

only problem is that the guy kills himself for the cash but its sounds so great :(

peeps comeby look at the name decide to go kill the guy for the cash in the citycom like a real boutny hunter :).

and the more other peeps put into the bounty in nc the more money u get for killing him but umust only accept mision after all i dont want u to get rich on accident :)

Matthew.v.smith
06-12-03, 18:24
[QUOTE]Why the hell do Shop keepers have such crappy health??
all they do is sit their as a bit of scenery and if a stray shot should miss and hit a lvl 10/10 keeper then your SL is in serious Trouble :\

About 5 mins ago i noticed a lvl 10/10 shopkeeper and slashed him with my sword to see how easy it was to hurt him.
2 slashes was all it took (i diddent even mean to kill him) and to my horror he dropped dead I looked at my sl and was releived but angry 13 sl reduced to -12 all cause of some bloody peice of scenery with a low rank. I kno it was my own stupid fault for killing him (i was bored and im still angry at my lack of judgement now)i still think any sort of accident could have happened

had I have got say -16 sl my game could have been over (cops , runners etc) i ran to the GR and got out just to be safe.
im still feeling mildly shocked with myself at the fact i could have lost everything with my stupidity of killing him but im partly annoyed with the point of SL and shopkeepers.
if its that easy to lose SL then make the shop keepers higher lvls (60/60 or 50/50 not 10/10) or remove the SL hit from them because even tho i might have been able to get my gear back
I would have still been very dissapointed from this.

Matty.
[QUOTE\]

Im still mildly annoyed that i could have lost 5 of my best items over this s**t.
i kno ure gonna say "well u shouldent mess about with shopkeepers" but thats not the point!
Anyone could have lost SL over a accidental shopkeeper bullet and then reolise their SL is red do a runner (so they dont get wasted) and run head on into a cop and (guess what) Get wasted :D hey what fun :)

now all of my Best items (that took me about a month to get) have been left in my belt ready for any noob hacker of 60 skill to take and end my game for good WOW im so happy now!!!
all because i killed 1 shopkeeper or kileld 1 enemy :D
omg im proud and look what ive got to show for my RP skills .

1 dogtag and all my weapons and implants missing :)

seriously tho they make SL SOOOOO easy to lose that its as if they want you to quit playing after u lose EVERYTHING that u hold dear to you.
im not Flaming but this is exactly what i dont want :(

EDIT: This diddent happen but i was shocked at what could have happened in a worst case Scenario :mad:

ezza
06-12-03, 20:24
Originally posted by BombShell
well it would be nice to inroduce the bounty system

but ur a guy who got killed buy him. u go to a com asign the guy u want killed drop some cash.

only problem is that the guy kills himself for the cash but its sounds so great :(

peeps comeby look at the name decide to go kill the guy for the cash in the citycom like a real boutny hunter :).

and the more other peeps put into the bounty in nc the more money u get for killing him but umust only accept mision after all i dont want u to get rich on accident :)

yeah well my main point should be that if they are gonna keep the SL shit in then it needs to be like when you have good SL, it seems like the game is stacked in favour of the good guys.

though the bounty system would have to be worked proberbly or you would end up expoiting it

Mumblyfish
06-12-03, 20:40
BombShell u are smart but none cares

Irony ++

(I don't understand a word of your post, could someone post a summary?)

BombShell
07-12-03, 03:08
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Irony ++

(I don't understand a word of your post, could someone post a summary?)

just mainly changing the pvp system and sl system to make it better in rewards and good game play thats all.

g0rt
07-12-03, 03:16
sl makes so many people leave

it psises me off every day

it has to go or be changed

BombShell
07-12-03, 03:26
Originally posted by g0rt
sl makes so many people leave

it psises me off every day

it has to go or be changed

yah am with u gort we need something but apparently my idea is not great enough maybe someone else has a great diea and come on peeps their has to be something.

t0tt3
07-12-03, 04:52
Why cant the NC city set bounty on all pkers? The more they PK the more NC city will pay for the pkers death... So if hes evil everyone are gonna KoS him =)

Then you got a ingame KoS system to all pkers..
And then the Wanted sign in p1 should be useful *ok I woke up*
Sorry need to go to bed again.. :rolleyes:

MegaCorp
07-12-03, 23:57
My take on the Soul Light system is that it was designed with a fixed notion of how PKing would be roleplayed. By that I mean they expected people to mostly only gun down enemy faction members, and maybe only very rarely kill neutrals, and allies probably not at all. In other words I figure their design originally expected people to pretty much stick with Faction Sympathy as a basis for PKing.

But in actual practice it doesn't always work that way - there are often wars between clans that are not "enemies" to each other, and people do have grudges against other runners who are not enemies, and there are still other people who just want to PK in general and dont even look at factions or sympathy standings. Thats reality. And in those cases the Soul Light system doesn't work - in that it is penalizing you for not playing the game KK's way.

Scrapping the Soul Light system and coming up with something new could solve that problem. Alternatively, maybe KK could just add some enhancements. When clans declare war against each other, as long as that state of war exists, there would be no SL penalties for killing each other. Similarly, a runner should be able to declare a grudge or vendetta against specifically named runners (e.g. an enemy list) and no SL would be lost when those people fought each other. By extention, perhaps both clans and runners should be able to identify individual runners, specific clans, and whole factions that should be treated as enemies until their issues are settled (if ever). This way *we* the players get to decide who our official enemies are, and not those old design rules that are argueably out of date.

<shrug> just some ideas to kick around.

Spook

BombShell
08-12-03, 09:50
ok i just relized something i hav notice before. ok u know some epics how neutral r suppose to kill neutral how is the guy ur attacking suppose to defend himself with out losing sl

a sl system that is not right to the guy not doin the epic.
so it seems to me that someone actully want peeps to lose their sl or somehthing.

its just a shitty system that needs to be changed and i still stick by my reward and fine system over sl system.

Whitestuff
08-12-03, 10:25
The SL system was also instituted, I believe, to protect n00b runners. It is not fair to anyone new, enemy or friendly, to go around in the sewers and gank them. In fact, if the copbots would work the way they should, according to RP, then there probably would not even be duels inside NC itself in n00b hunting grounds, because, that is what they are, hunting grounds, not PKing everyone cause I feel like it grounds. No enemies would be in the city. They would be KoS, kinda like CA, TT, BT are in the canyon perhaps? Or how about CA TT BT near DoY? That's not happy either.....

And really, KK designed this pretty straight fowardly. lvl 1 sewers are for low level guys. lvl 2 are higher. lvl3..... Lvl 7 Storage is out in the OZ for more mid lvl players. Out there, there is no law, and runners of the same rank can battle each other, if need be. PP has lvl 1 sewers, but not as many as lvl 3-6 for more advanced and (as the instr book says) experienced players and factions.

So what I am against (if ya can't tell) is n00b ganking and much higher ranked players PKing lower ranked players. A 60/60 player should not fight a 40/40 player, because with equal skill, the 60/60 will win, almost every time. The system as I know it is designed to follow a growth curve, slowly introducing enemies to each other of same rank and ability and eventually producing an efficient runner who can PK and RP the best they can. It was not designed to have TG running around in Plaza 1 jumping in the aggies and killing the leveling n00bs there.

People who complain about nothing to do in the city and that's why they gunned down an entire sewer of people, that's why there is nothing to do there: That area was not designed for you as a higher player. Go to an OP war and wait for KK to think of something better for you to do. Or, if you must kill n00bs, why don't you reroll one yourself and try killing them then, at least that would be fair. And this is not like HL or CS or Quake where n00bs get iced because of lack of skill, it is because their skill is limited by the game and they really have no chance to beat higher players. I have been killed several times by people whose skill sucked when I was a n00b, and gone back now that I am strong enough and schooled them.

And the LE is a good idea too. They need to change the description so ppl don't yank it out right away b/c of EXP gain losses......

And cry carebear..... Yell it til you are blue in the face. I'll still PvP you, cause I can. n00bs can't. . . yet.