PDA

View Full Version : Future of Neocron (MJS welcome)

{S-E} -Rogue-
05-12-03, 06:41
Hi there everybody.

There is something I really can't get out of my mind, a question that makes me sleep really badly since I reactivated my NC account:
(perhaps someone can help me *G*)

When Neocron came out me and several friends of mine started playing it like crazy. It was (and is) a great game. The community really dealt with anything the developers did, including the patches (especially the monk balancing comes to my mind). We accepted many problems, fatal errors and so on. We love the game, that's for sure.
But did nobody at Reakktor or who ever realize that there aren't even 50% playing the game anymore these days?
I'll Explain it, the first 3 Months there were more than 1000 Players on Jupiter at peak times, nowadays its about 500-650.
Neocron has really lost players.
Now, how do the persons behind NC see this?
Will there be a campaign, commercials and so on when DoY is released?

Hope nobody asked this before :/
Rogue.

Spectra260
05-12-03, 07:07
i can pertty much gaurantee you the servers will jump back up to alot of people when they release DoY...

however the question is how long will they stay like that?

KimmyG
05-12-03, 07:09
If advertise well this game should have zero problem making its early players counts look like small frys.

{S-E} -Rogue-
05-12-03, 07:11
Originally posted by Spectra260
i can pertty much gaurantee you the servers will jump back up to alot of people when they release DoY...

however the question is how long will they stay like that?

mhm, that's the question.
Look at the chars, nearly no new people joining, just ***(Rank) Players who want to start again. You can see it best if you watch the Fallen Angels. Aren't many these days.

:)

KimmyG
05-12-03, 07:26
No question it will get better. This game potential is limitless it will defenalty bring back a few and if it is all it can be, they will tell there old clannies or what ever then they may check it.

Plus even if no one old comes back there is still a big big market out there to farm.

NeoChick
05-12-03, 07:37
I think it all depends on how good DOY will really be and whether KK did take note of what people said on the forums, I guess they did

I think most important is that it is a lot easier to install, it should have a very fast automatic patch download and not all that hassle of having to delete small files etc and then it not working

Also the launcher does not work most of the time

Then noobs have to go around the identical sewers killing rats and spiders

This is the point where a lot of my friends decided to give up on NC when I first started, I was the only one that carried on

Also it would be real nice if there were new and different things from the beginning, to keep us 'old' players interested.
And wouldnt it be nice to have chars that look a bit more attractive or exciting

All of the advertising and promotion in the world will not help if people get fed up right at the start and give up, they'll never know why all of us here love the game so much

Spectra260
05-12-03, 08:00
with MJS's recent involvments on the forums it seems like there really trying this time, and taking advice and things like that from the community

JiNxY
05-12-03, 08:09
you see adverts for games between tv programs like star trek or stargate (you know "star trek sponsored by such and such a game blah blah blah"), would be cool to see neocron advertised there, some ingame video of OP fights, wow. id buy it!!
(talking about on sky)

but i bet that kind of advertising costs a shit load. :(

LVirus
05-12-03, 08:52
Uh, basicly you guys are saying that DoY is messias like those bibble reading maniacs is waiting that guy from "heavens" ? :D

Scikar
05-12-03, 11:35
Well if Red Faction 2 is good enough to be advertised with StarGate then I doubt Neocron will have a problem. :p

Jesterthegreat
05-12-03, 12:34
Originally posted by NeoChick
I think most important is that it is a lot easier to install, it should have a very fast automatic patch download and not all that hassle of having to delete small files etc and then it not working

this would involve having a seperate server and connection for the auto patcher. the reason for the slow auto patch is that it shares bandwidth with the actual game (usually with hundreds of players running neocron through it at any given time). the FTP server is different and is the quickest way (as you know of course)