View Full Version : Anyone else think a new publisher might be better for KK than DOY

Sealdude
05-12-03, 04:21
First off KK dont take this as a sign that we dont want DOY, we really do :P But it seems that the key to getting more players and an overall better game is in the hands of the publisher. CDV sucked hard. The most coverage I have seen about NC has been one bad review and a one page ad that looked like it was copied from the box cover. No one is going to find out about NC this way. This game would appeal to a lot of people, Its like Deus Ex in mmorpg form, its a nice break from auto combat games, it is one of the few Sci Fi mmorpgs, etc... If more people found out about it I bet they would give it a try. Most people have stuck with this game for about two months before getting pissed off about nerfs but if KK could get a good ammount of people to stay for even two months thats money that could go to getting more coders to fix more bugs which would make more people come back or stay.

That being said NC should really be advertised more. NC toliet paper, billboards, etc... There should be big ads in every magazine.

Here was an Idea I had for a NC TV comercial:

Show a man in a city walking down a futuristic street, passing people and shops with neon signs saying "Crytons" and "Yakarma" He turns down a dark alley

Male voice over says "Think your mornings are bad?"

All of a sudden two mutants with rifles pop out and start firing from behind the man. He turns around and pulls out an uzi and starts firing at them, the hu turns and runs.

As he runs he passes a sign, and the camera zooms in on it. The sign reads "Welcome to neocron!"

Male VO "Welcome to Neocron a persistant online world with thousands of players and yada yada" As he is saying this show shot of people hunting mobs and PvPing and such

Cut back to the real life scenes and show a street with modern day cars bumbper to bumper, all honking their horns.

Then the same man from before runs by with the mutants in pursuit

Ok so maybe not the best idea but it is a start. I think that having more people know about this game will help alot. Please new publisher do your job better than CDV!!!

Ferabukoo
05-12-03, 04:26
i got a good commercial idea...

a tank is walking in plaza1 and turns to see a monk casting shetlers and poof FRE

wheeeee

Marx
05-12-03, 04:48
I think you're exactly right Sealdude.

A better publisher is more important.

They don't need to release an expansion or release a game for ads to be published - and a steady flow of advertising will keep new people coming in.

New people = cool.

Spectra260
05-12-03, 05:32
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
i got a good commercial idea...

a tank is walking in plaza1 and turns to see a monk casting shetlers and poof FRE

wheeeee

nonono

its at a OP battle...and you can hear the guy in the background go AGHHH and when he logs back in hes dead:D

NeoChick
05-12-03, 07:48
I have one too

That spunky red-haired chick on the cover is actually one of the chars, she appears at medicare plaza and every male drools and shouts 'sex'

welll..................sex does sell :)

Shujin
05-12-03, 08:24
just so u know.
they are getting new publisher.. thats why doy isnt out
they arent releaseing it until they get a new publisher

Sealdude
06-12-03, 03:41
they are getting new publisher.. thats why doy isnt out No really:rolleyes:

MegaCorp
06-12-03, 04:05
Well, its probably something like this: yes, they needed a new publisher to survive so in a sense that is more important than DOY, but no publisher was interested unless KK had something commercially viable to offer ... and a repackaged Neocron/DOY as a new product is indeed thought by their prospective new publisher as being commercially viable ... so without DOY, KK would probably have been closing their doors at the end of this year. Assuming this reasoning to be valid, KK actually needed both to stay in business, with neither being better for them, per se.

Spook

Shujin
06-12-03, 04:21
Originally posted by Sealdude
No really:rolleyes: that better not be sarcasm *SMACK because read wtf the topic is

Sealdude
06-12-03, 05:17
Yea my topic is saying that the new publisher they are getting might be better for them than DOY.

Wallen
06-12-03, 05:23
FYI, DoY is not a publisher. It's Dome of York, name of next expansion.

\\Fényx//
06-12-03, 05:34
Originally posted by Wallen
FYI, DoY is not a publisher. It's Dome of York, name of next expansion.

lol

/me chuckles to himself

THATS WHAT HE MEANS, a expansion pack on its self wont change anything, its the fact that its the publisher that can make or break the game (Like CDV almost killed it dead)

The publisher is the one that gets the word out, does the work advertising etc

Marx
06-12-03, 05:37
Hell, for awhile I figured I'd be happy if KK got a new publisher for Neocron in general.

DoY was an added plus.

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 05:41
^^ I agree.

KRIMINAL99
06-12-03, 07:43
yeah cdv is just some kind of scam group or something...

Find some small publisher with a half decent sized community already built up for their online game and trick them into letting you be their publisher. Then get an art student to draw a box cover and print a few hundred of them and mail them to a few different stores around the country to meet your contract requirement or something....

I mean ffs when the game came out I had to argue with the store people that the game even existed. Neo wha... neo who... what O corn??