PDA

View Full Version : Reverse the Soul Light-to-Item Drop rule?

Nvidia
05-12-03, 04:17
I was just thinking about all of those old school PKers who would run rampant at Military Base for hours on end, uniting the community through the Trade-NC channels... And I wondered to myself, where did they all go? I thought about it for a bit, and realized that most of them left when the 5 drop item rule went into effect.

So... Let's say KK reversed the Soul Light System a little bit. Let's say... The higher your Soul Light is, the easier it is to hack your belt. However, when you die, depending on your soullight, it will choose the LEAST 1-xx valued number item in your inventory to drop...

Example: Someone with 95 Soullight dies. When they do this, the ranking for SL runners 95 and up can only drop 1 of the 5 least valued items in their inventory. Not a big loss to most, onoz, I dropped my boots like I do already o_O When their belt is hacked, since their SL is so high, it's MUCH easier to hack.

Now, on to the evil people. The lower your Soullight is, the HARDER your belt is to hack. However, at the same time, your first slot still becomes unlocked, and based on your SL, 1-to-xx number of most EXPENSIVE item in your inventory is selected.

Example: A Runner who goes on a killing spree gets to -25 SL before he is killed. His belt is UBER hard to hack, but those people hacking know that there will be something VERY good inside, and it's almost an incentive to let him kill as many people as possible so the chances of getting his most valued item are extremely high.

I see a few good reasons to institute this method. First, it will bring back some MUCH-needed spice in the terms of characters people play. I think we'll start to see a few people play the UBAR PKAR DUDE again, and whether or not you people want to say it, you all know you want more people like SHINJIN :angel: Number 2, it will breath a new life into the hack skill. Only the best of the very best hackers could crack the best Killing spree players.

At the same time though, copbots could still shoot Red SL people. One thing that would have to absolutely go for this, and should anyways, is the 5-item drop rule. It's so stupid... Unless you're hacking the belt, I don't see how you could want to drop 5 items at once.

There's always people out there who want to play the Murdering Rambo guy (Insert famous PKer name here) and there's always people who get a thrill out of hunting them (Me :D ) I know I'm not the only one, and I feel that playing a Psycho guy who kills everyone he sees should be possible without losing your rares at the same time, effectively making you useless when the army of capped APU/PPUs show up.

So, what do you guys think? Like it? Needs some work? Abso-fucking-lutely hate it? SWDA? The choice is yours, If you think it needs some work, please feel free to state what you think should be done to help make "UBAR PKAR MAN" a playable role again.

KimmyG
05-12-03, 04:22
Go right ahead.

Noone goes below -16 and hangs about.

Sealdude
05-12-03, 04:24
Good idea. This way high level people are probably less likley to kill noobs because they will only drop one low tl item where as people will band together and hunt the uber dudes making them more criminalish. 5 stars!

fatwreck
05-12-03, 04:55
i like the idea

Nvidia
05-12-03, 06:13
I thought that this idea would get more feedback than this... :wtf:

No one has any flames against this or ways to make it better? NO ONE??? :(

Resear
05-12-03, 07:06
You Rawk Nvid. I like your pants too

LVirus
05-12-03, 08:56
SWDA.

If I work my ass off to get 100 SL and make sure that noone is able to hack my belt, why should I be punished when someone who kills few nubies gets -10 SL and gets belt HARDER to hack than mine? No thank you.

I do however want a system that makes badguys liable. There is no safeslot, thats cool but how about that in 0 SL there is turnpoint. 10 SL needs like 80 hack skill when -10 SL needs 80 hack skill too. So if your a badass PKer, you have no safe slot but in the otherhand, -80SL belt equals to 80SL belt.

Richard Adregen
05-12-03, 09:04
It's a pretty good idea... but where's the incentive to PK if everyone with higher SL only drops worthless items? Personally, even though I never PK I would like to see something like this but that everyone still drops most expensive. but only 1. Even at low SL, where you just have the possibility to drop slot 1 as punishment. I don't like the idea of dropping worthless items...

RA.

Nvidia
05-12-03, 09:31
That would work much better than my idea, LVirus, good job :)

And as for all you pricks who say, "No, I hate it".....

What's the point of voting if you're not gonna say why you don't like it?

KRIMINAL99
05-12-03, 19:47
nope... If everyone only drops crap items compared to my dropping good items there is still not balanced risk/reward between the players (pkers in this case). And anyways hack skill needed isnt really an issue.

The fact that belts need to be hacked AT ALL is a huge problem. People don't have time to hack belts while other enemies are still around. Basically what usually happens is the person recovers their own item, a random low level hacker that is ignored while the high lvlers battle it out hacks the belts, or MAYBE if the winning team is really big it can allow one person to hack the belts without fear of dieing.

And besides all this, with locked qbs tanks have absolutely no access to pvp loot. pvp loot is not shared, whoever gets it gets it plain and simple. Even if qb items became valuable enough to merit a hacker for hire traid the hackers would just switch anything valuable with an armour piece, like researchers almost always do with tps.

Its less terrible than how the game is set up now, but not much.

Also dont mean to be a dick but if people just vote no without saying anything it usually means they think the idea is terrible and not even worth talking about...

Opar
05-12-03, 21:48
Im liking it :D

Cruzbroker
05-12-03, 21:48
I'd like it to be "normal" hack between ~ -16 and ~ 25, then it harders the same amount to both directions, like lvirus said, -50 sl is as hard as 50, but -50 doesn't have safeslot.

Omnituens
05-12-03, 22:14
Against idea.

With the safe slot, your most prized item is safe anyway, so this in fact PUNISHES high SL players.