PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

TheDuckMan
05-12-03, 02:32
I was going to go get this game. Anyone think its worth it? I really like star wars but SWG didnt do it for me.

Also does this game have a multiplayer feature? Could somone plz post alittle about the game if you have it or played it... Also if you played Call of Duty, I'de like to know alittle about that to.

Mumblyfish
05-12-03, 02:38
Okay, it's an RPG. No multiplayer.

Battles are real time, but they have a pause feature. Don't be a hard-ass. If you don't use pause, you will get OWNED.

"Levelling" is FUN!

Dark/Light Side changes the game considerably. Warrents many play throughs...

Better on the PC. XBOX version seems a tad poor by comparison...

You have party members. I'll leave it at that, since saying any more about it is a real spoiler.

FORCE POWAHS!

And about Call of Duty... Daikatana > Call of Duty. I'm not kidding. Single Player is like MOH:AA, really fun at first, then towards the end (well, about 4 missions in) you realise they ran out of ideas. Multiplayer SUCKS. BAD. It's basically a grenade-tossing match. Woo.

Wannabe
05-12-03, 03:11
Actually what I've seen, the battles seem to be turnbased. Not sure about it tho cause I'm almost fighting all the time =)

And yes, it's an RPG with a really interesting plot. I lub the mini-game 'Swoop racing', even tho at times it seems to be a money/time-sink. If you have a time of 00:22:50 to beat and your best is 00:22:53 ... :o

It's worth to buy =)

// Wannabe

Drake6k
05-12-03, 03:19
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Multiplayer SUCKS. BAD. It's basically a grenade-tossing match. Woo.

Sounds like Chaser.

Marx
05-12-03, 03:37
Mumbly is right about Call of Duty, the game is interesting while linear, they want to make obviously famous battles interesting, but they don't have much wiggle room because they can't be too inaccurate.

But, thats to be expected from a WW2 shooter. It's interesting, no doubt, it will definately keep your interest - for a lil' while.

The multiplayer is fuxxored.

Knights of the Old Republic looks sexeh though.

Style
05-12-03, 03:48
well man... i heard dis game is petty phat, hotter then darth vaders raps. i aint sure about it online tho.

its star wars init, light sabers n all, what moe can i say part from, my lightsaber is the one that says bad ass mofugga on the side :lol: joker

laterz