PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Launch Problems

Zanathos
05-12-03, 00:21
I just uninstalled and reinstalled my Neocron (Because I wanted to use the test server)

I downloaded the U.S. Server launcher and instaled them in both Neocron installs (test server and retail)

Now it sais I need a CD when I go to launch Neocron.

(BTW Moderators, I realize that I posted this in the test server forum but this just isnt about the test server)

why is it doing this?

Is it because I have my pak files in the wrong area?

C:/Program Files = Location of Pak files
C:/Program Files/Neocron
C:/Program FIles/NeoTest is where I have those installs.

did I do something wrong?

Zanathos
05-12-03, 00:23
Well what do ya know....

the pak files HAD to be in C:/ not C:/Program Files

Oath
05-12-03, 00:24
Stick em in your root folder ie C:\

/edit,

sorry i was a little slow.

J. Folsom
05-12-03, 00:24
Try putting them in C:, as opposed to C:\Program Files.

Otherwise, burn the .Pak files onto a CD and try using that while it's still (mostly) unpatched.

Or, you could try searching through the .ini files in your NC directory, might be that one of 'em says you haven't done a complete installation, so it automattically assumes you have the CD in.

Edit: Bah, I'm getting slow, it's probably because of that Santa hat.

Zanathos
05-12-03, 00:29
WAIT! DONT CLOSE MODERATORS!

Its now asking me to go to the windows start menu and go to update launcher, BUT I DELETED NEOCRON FROM MY START MENU!

GRRRR!

J. Folsom
05-12-03, 00:30
Heh, ok. Go to your Neocron folder (C:\Program Files\NeoTest in this case), and run nlsp.exe (Might appear as just nlsp, depending on how you've configured windows).

NeoChick
05-12-03, 00:32
I have these problems every time I reinstall the game and I only hope and pray that when DOY comes out there will be a launcher that actually works first time and not all this stuffing around with having to delete files, copying the launcher twenty times or so etc etc because it is enough to put any noob off the game!!!!

Zanathos
05-12-03, 00:32
much better.... THANK YOU!

NOW a moderator can close it :)