PDA

View Full Version : Make Enemy City Clan KOS by Copbots NOW!!

Plight
04-12-03, 18:52
Ok, i know this thread will probably get locked down due to flammage, but i just gotta speak my peace. I know i will most likely be labeled a carebare but who cares.... im a self proclaimed GRUMPY carebear :P. I also know this isnt the first post of its kind, so deal wif it.

I opt that as of next patch (or sometime BEFORE DOY) enemy city clans should NOT be allowed in the city (except pp perhaps). Why?

1: Attacking faction HQS: Enemy factions are CONSTANTLY attacking Cityadmin and other factions HQs located in the city. And if they get kicked out, they just go hang out in plaza and brag. The city is the ONLY place in the game where you can do such things. Mainly because of the safezones though. (Zone Fighting is lame)

2: No way to retaliate: City clans (which are more than likely hostile to TG) cannot simply run into canyon and attack. Sure they can try, but theyll get picked of by all the guards in the area in addition to the runners. Same with FA, i know the guards bite, but still, that could mean the difference between life and death in a pvp fight. Not to mention TG doesnt even officially have a faction hq :P

3: Hunting grounds in the city are also constantly be overrun by enemy clans. Leaving our n00bs and nooblets to fend for themselves. i know not all enemy factions do this, but again, they do constantly. I know they also get minor sl lose. Big deal, they lsoe it, go ideal somewhere in plaza to get it up again, and bam! theyre back.

Your main arguments for keeping the city open are mainly "where will we do business". If it were to happen, new places would develop. It would force new areas to be used more often. Whethere it be TG or maybe even outzone 1. Its called evolution my friends. Non City factions are not supposed to be as easy as they are now anyway.

robinitnow
04-12-03, 18:57
There are not enough people on the servers to have two places of business.

Elric
04-12-03, 19:00
I'm still of the opinion that Copbots should be removed completely and faction guards power upped and given the job of policing theyre areas. That would go for ALL factions. Then safezones removed altogether too.

that way TG could still visit theyre PP allies (ok, neutral, but still...) by running the risk of getting there. or attack the factions in the city as the city factions can with outer city factions currently.

Scikar
04-12-03, 19:01
Remove CopBots from Pepper, have CopBots KoS anti-city factions, remove safezones. Fine by me.

KimmyG
04-12-03, 19:04
Originally posted by Scikar
Remove CopBots from Pepper, have CopBots KoS anti-city factions, remove safezones. Fine by me.

Like he says

But I wanna see non-city get the boot

g0rt
04-12-03, 19:23
i play 5 TG chars and 3 BD chars...

...and i say DO IT ASAP because it will make the game SO MUCH more interesting

EDIT - but give a little bit of fair warning so we dont log in one day and have our chars KOS in medi without even knowing it.

Judge
04-12-03, 19:30
As long as the safezones are removed then yeah... thats cool by me, I want some way of retaliating against the city if they attack my HQ.

BlackPrince
04-12-03, 19:33
You're bitching about TG raiding your HQs?

My god man, at least TG has a risk getting to your HQs, it will be impossible if they're KOS to copbots. Whereas yall can just waltz into the canyon or TH and face almost no threat whatstoever from our faction guards.

So here it is: Remove all copbots and then make Anti-City KoS to the various faction guards. Making all guards for all factions equal in strength.

OR

Stop crying and deal with it. Yall have enough advantages as is.

Psycho Killa
04-12-03, 19:38
Only if safe zones are removed then i would really really like to see this.

evs
04-12-03, 19:42
Ok, i know this thread will probably get locked down due to flammage, but i just gotta speak my peace. I know i will most likely be labeled a carebare but who cares.... im a self proclaimed GRUMPY carebear :P. I also know this isnt the first post of its kind, so deal wif it.

I got this far and gave up.

What a way to win over an audience to read your post....... next! :rolleyes:

Elric
04-12-03, 20:06
Originally posted by BlackPrince

My god man, at least TG has a risk getting to your HQs, it will be impossible if they're KOS to copbots. Whereas yall can just waltz into the canyon or TH and face almost no threat whatstoever from our faction guards.

So here it is: Remove all copbots and then make Anti-City KoS to the various faction guards. Making all guards for all factions equal in strength.

OR

Stop crying and deal with it. Yall have enough advantages as is.

Thats what I said they should be doing in a thread that brought this all up... It was only soon after that it was announced that non-city factions were going to be banned from NC by the copbots... needless to say I was extremely disappointed. The first chance for Faction alignments to make real meaning in NC other than Red = dead mentality, and it was discarded for favour of unanimous death to anyone non-NC aligned trying to get into the city. Sucks to be honest. But I'd rather see them do it the way they propose than leave it as it is.

JiNxY
04-12-03, 20:06
if TG had somewhere decent to level like aggies do you think they would be in the city annoying your n00bs?

City clans (which are more than likely hostile to TG) cannot simply run into canyon and attack. Sure they can try, but theyll get picked of by all the guards in the area in addition to the runners

have you been to the canyon? lol, you can gr in dance naked around the guards and still get away with mild bruising, with any character, and theres no people its empty O.o

i want copbots to shoot Anti-city (well maybe not copbots cos theyre way 2 strong) but your points arent why it should be done.

Plight
04-12-03, 21:01
Originally posted by JiNxY
if TG had somewhere decent to level like aggies do you think they would be in the city annoying your n00bs?

have you been to the canyon? lol, you can gr in dance naked around the guards and still get away with mild bruising, with any character, and theres no people its empty O.o

Ok, now your talking about decent levleling spots? TG has the (arguably) best levelling spot in the game. Which they consistently are at and most enemy factions get jumpd before they get within 10 feet of it. So i dont want to here you griping about decent spots to level.

Also, attacking canyon, and attacking in city HQs are 2 completely different issues. In city, you can regroup in safe zones, heal up and attack again.... in tg.... there is no such thing. Thus canyon assaults are FAR more likely to fail the the former.

Originally posted by BlackPrince

And what risk are you talking about? GR to Typhera... walk to CAHQ... zone in.... fight, zone out.. heal.... s/d, wash, rinse repeat. Last i checked there werent any copbots in cahq. It is FAR more risky to try to assault canyon. So dont be talking about risk.

Strych9
04-12-03, 21:08
Originally posted by JiNxY
if TG had somewhere decent to level like aggies do you think they would be in the city annoying your n00bs?Bzzzzt. Wrong answer.

I would much rather be able to safely walk to the edge of my starting area and pluck away on */* and **/** mobs and then raid your city and beat up your noobs (i.e, current TG) than to have to run across the wastelands, risk DOY attackers, risk factional guards that attack me, and risk zone synch problems in order to get to any decent mobs that drop rare parts, and have others come in and beat up noobs in our own levelling areas (i.e. current city-aligned factions).

I have levelled to near cap as a CA and as a TG... and TG had it 10X easier in levelling. The caves are GREAT to start since all mobs are melee (save the spitting iguanas, but thats a joke). From the cave you wander outside, lure the doomies and grims and leapers and such back to the entrance and have the faction guards help you out... then engage the mobs yourself from the tower... then dip into the chaos caves for some good fun. And as soon as you step outside your front door, you have the chance of getting tech parts from mobs.

That is MUCH better than sewers, then aggie cellers with a constant realistic risk of getting killed for no reason, then storage where the mobs cap out at */* and no chance of tech part droppage.

Now I will say that TG has it rougher with tradeskills... but if you are talking levelling, I would take TG over the city 11 times outta 10.

EDIT: Back on topic, you have to ask what makes the "advanced" factions supposedly harder than the "easier" factions. As long as the TG, FA, CM factions are described as being for advanced players, I am not sure why everyone should push for them to all be the same as the other factions. Perhaps what makes CA and Biotech 'easy' factions is that they DO have a safe zone for doing business in.

Something to think about. I know you outzone faction peeps want things to be the same for CA as they are for you... but that doesnt mean the game was designed that way.

I say remove all copbots. Have all faction guards respond appropriately to enemy factions. And keep Plaza a safe zone. So then non-allied clans can come into Plaza 1 via say the Medicare genrep (no guards inside) and try to solicit tradeskillers to service them, but they couldnt freely move all over the zone due to the faction guards.

But overall CA should be harder to attack than TG, for example.

KRIMINAL99
04-12-03, 21:39
uh no dude not unless plaza 1 is made not a safe zone and copbots are toned down thats all I have to say.

You don't make any sense City hqs aren't safe zones you can fight back in there just fine. And you have guards in there... And no we shouldnt have to develop a new trade zone while all city friendly facs trade in the same place, especially when on some servers there isnt even enough people in all the factions combined to get the tradeskillin you need....

BlackPrince
04-12-03, 21:46
There are safe zones in TG for our enemies to hide in (and they do). Two sets of apartment lifts that are very easy to get to, and its almost impossible for TGs to barrell them as they'll lose SL the second someone comes out of their Apt thats not an enemy.

TG guards are dead easy to run past. Hell I used to do it all the time with my CM Rifle Spy to get fusion mods. Capped my con doing that in fact (only died twice, both times to runners, and this was before stealth was in the game).

Leave Copbots as SL guards (and only SL). Let faction guards shoot at faction enemies with no warning, and make all guards across the board equal in power.

I want parity, you want an advantage. If Anti City runners are KoS to Copbots, we will have 0 chance of ever staging a raid. Plus, with Copbots there as soullight guards, anyone who screws up and loses soullight (which does happen) is dead quicker than you can "shit on a stick".

I don't know what server you play on, but on the ones I've played a City HQ raid is so rare as to be damn near non existant, whereas raids on Canyon are pretty common and TH on some servers is reminscent of Compton during the early 90's.

Strych9
04-12-03, 21:49
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
You don't make any sense City hqs aren't safe zones you can fight back in there just fine. Here is the problem. If a CA attacks TG, they are under fire 100% of the time from the TG faction guards.

If a TG runner attacks CA, they are safe in Plaza 1. They can heal, re-shelter themselves, and go back in. And when the TG attackers go back to P1... no, they can NOT be attacked by CA runners. The City HQs arent safezones, but right outside of them certainly is. Nowhere in TG is there a safezone for the attackers to heal.

Thats the inequity that needs to be fixed. No matter how its done.

EDIT: In response to BP's post above, while there are places you can heal in TG because faction guards cant shoot you, other runners can still shoot you if they wanted. In P1, no one can shoot you, period.

KRIMINAL99
04-12-03, 21:59
Originally posted by Strych9
Here is the problem. If a CA attacks TG, they are under fire 100% of the time from the TG faction guards.

If a TG runner attacks CA, they are safe in Plaza 1. They can heal, re-shelter themselves, and go back in. And when the TG attackers go back to P1... no, they can NOT be attacked by CA runners. The City HQs arent safezones, but right outside of them certainly is. Nowhere in TG is there a safezone for the attackers to heal.

Thats the inequity that needs to be fixed. No matter how its done.

EDIT: In response to BP's post above, while there are places you can heal in TG because faction guards cant shoot you, other runners can still shoot you if they wanted. In P1, no one can shoot you, period.

Actually thats not true, ppl ransack tg all the time and just run to their convienient TG apt (which also happens to be a safezone) as soon as many ppl start showing up. Who says tg should be able to be attacked in the city? If plaza 1 is a safe zone then plaza 1 is a safe zone. Copbots as far as fair game mechanics, are not supposed to be faction guards they are supposed to be mediators that kill anyone taking aggressive action in front of them. This way they make safe zones free from violence. Having large groups of 120/120 mobs that only barely have to have LOS to waste someone act as faction guards is totally unfair...

Martin J. Schwiezer
04-12-03, 22:02
"Make Enemy City Clan KOS by Copbots NOW!!"

This whole issue will be taken care of with the NC:BDOY release. Everything will be more on line with storyline and the world will just feel more like the one described in the storyline.

Strych9
04-12-03, 22:05
Regardless Krim, anything the CA can do in TG, the TG can do in Plaza 1 EXCEPT that the TG can sit right outside the CA HQ and heal. And the TG can run right up to the CA HQ without any fear of being attacked along the way.

Sure the TG guards arent the biggest threats in the world, but they DO attack, and they DO end up hurting you more than NO attacks would.

Dont get me wrong- I want copbots removed as well, and I would even be game with having P1 no longer a safe zone. But REGARDLESS of everything else, faction guards that are not allied with TG should shoot TG members, just like non-TG allied runners are shot on sight by TG faction guards. Surely you will admit THAT much is needed.

JiNxY
04-12-03, 22:08
Good to know the storyline will be followed more :D

and in reply to strych etc, ive also leveled in TG, who hasnt, and the route of sewers,aggies,mb is far faster than stabbing crabs, then the huge jump to hanging outside TG entrance for higher mobs to spawn, selling aggie imps and getting missions is great.

if i was wrong.. which im not, why does everybody do it?

also my post was about low level leveling, not about choas caves, or CRP, i was merely pointing out why TG goto the city to level ... also its not "my" city id kinda like to see it burned and all its occupants :D

Sealdude
04-12-03, 22:36
If more constructors hung out it places like the canyon and TH then it would be cool. I still like they no safezones hq thing though.

Strych9
04-12-03, 23:14
Maybe I just had an easier time levelling in TG than you did jinxy.

I went from the caves straight to attacking the fire mobs outside. Sure it was a lot of duck and cover, and I always would, in the begining, lure the mobs back to the TG entrance. Once the TG guards did damage, the mobs attack them and not you. I was attacking grims and doomies at /15 and higher with all of my characters. My current rifle spy is 40/46, and he would MUCH further along if he had started TG. The only char I can think of that would have a hard time levelling there is a melee-based character.

For money, I just ran around after the higher level chars who were killing all of the uber fire mobs, and collecting and selling whatever they left in the corpse or threw to the ground. Sure, its not as lucrative as the imps that the aggies drop, but the exp you get is so superior to the aggies it doesnt really matter. And you get far more money from landing shots on a doomie than you get from killing an aggie outright.

And the tech parts. Lure the doomie to the TG entrance, TG guards kill most of it, and you loot the body. Get some tech parts, sell them for 50-100K. Or the level 2 and 3 imps that drop. You find a single filter heart 2, and you can be financially stable for quite some time.

The main reason I think people level in the aggie cellars is the mission for raising the non-primary stats, of course, but also the fact that right outside is tradeskiller paradise. It is far easier to do things there then in TG. So everyone does it because of the money and the convenience of the cellars in terms of where they are located. Not because they can raise their stats the fastest there.

But if I wanted to level fast, the aggie cellars could only get you so far.

Just a difference of opinion.

Wannabe
05-12-03, 02:03
Not voting.

Let's see. Pro-city had kami event where they got a lot of kami chips. The kamis are rumored to still be in Outzone. That's mostly pro-city area.

And now you want to kick anti-city out of NC as well?

You guys dont have ANYTHING better to do nowadays? Like actually protecting your noobs? What's next? Everyone NOT allied to CityAdmin be kicked out of the city?

Like MJS said, this will be handled when DoY comes out.

// Wannabe

Scikar
05-12-03, 02:05
TG can still get into Outzone and Pepper Park... o_O

Wannabe
05-12-03, 02:09
Originally posted by Scikar
TG can still get into Outzone and Pepper Park... o_O

Is Outzone Plaza? Is Pepper Park plaza?

No.

Argh... this whole issue is starting to piss me off :\

Pls, mod, gm, gimme a 3 day temp ban so I can cool off :o

// Wannabe

Scikar
05-12-03, 02:10
The Kamis are rumored to still be in OZ, and TG can still get there. There is nothing in Plaza that you can't get in OZ or Pepper Park. So what's the problem?

•Super|\|ova•
05-12-03, 02:13
lol... some ppl really are bitter :) enough said.

amfest
05-12-03, 08:54
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
"Make Enemy City Clan KOS by Copbots NOW!!"

This whole issue will be taken care of with the NC:BDOY release. Everything will be more on line with storyline and the world will just feel more like the one described in the storyline.

I was just wondering why aren't there any elite storm bots or something patrolling the areas around neocron outside that KOS any anti-city characters around like the DOY bots do to city ones .. seems a lil blah to me that its like that .. .

L0KI
05-12-03, 10:17
Doesnt really make ANY sense.

Where do Black Dragon go?

Cant go to plaza, or PP....

Or TG

or Tech Haven

or MB

so us BD's just sit in the wastes smoking pot or? do we actually get to play the game fairly until DoY is released?