PDA

View Full Version : carebear sunny fantasy land with rainbows?

emoticon
04-12-03, 18:35
I was looking for a gun, and when I finally found someone who had it, I started negotiating the price. I made an offer and he said, "no thanks." So I raise the offer. Five minutes goes by and get no reply. I thought the guy missed my message so I checked if he was there by asking, "hello?" This guy replies, "no answer = no thx." To that I replied, "you could've just said no. fucking asshole."

Next he tells me:

- try thinking first. this screenshot will show KK your violation vs the EULA.
- if i send this in time youll get a time ban.
- have fun.

I started to explain that this game is based on violence, drugs, profanity, and even prostitution, and that KK can't possibly ban me for using the phrase "fucking asshole."

so he replies:

- it violates the end user license agreement i hope that you read it otherwise you're not even allowed to use the software
- well i never had to do this
- but u r really looking forward to this hm

I told him to go for it.

Last time I got a tool like this was in DAOC. I said "get the fuck outa here," and within minutes I got a CSR messaging me to drop the profanity or ban will be made. I understand the logic behind that; there are kiddies playing. It's a carebear world.

I thought this kind of language wasn't frown upon in neocron. The NPCs use profanity-- words like "shit." Players can perform offensive gestures, such as "sex." And I can't say, "fucking asshole?" Besides, if one doesn't enjoy the others' freedom of speech, or so to speak, in neocron, one can always use ignore. Or better yet, just leave the game all together because the whole neocron world is build on violence, sex, drugs, and BAD WORDS-- trash talk will come packaged together with such games.

What do you think?

RuButt
04-12-03, 18:38
i hate cunts who threaten with banns..

he is an asshole, 12 or 22 years old....

Lathuc
04-12-03, 18:39
well i think he was just scaring you cause i dont think you can get banned for just that

Gotterdammerung
04-12-03, 18:39
I don't think you have much to worry about

El_MUERkO
04-12-03, 18:40
You didnt threaten him you just called him an asshole so i think your fine, as long as you dont do it every 10 minutes for a week, that would be harassment.

If he didnt like you so much he could of just muted you as well.

Psycho Killa
04-12-03, 18:40
As long as u dont say anything that doesnt involve someones race, relegion, sexualy preference, gender, outside of the game then it should be all good.

Now if you want to say you dirty fucking monk go back to the fuckin caves u came from go ahead. Or you can say that tank dropped like a dirty spy heh then its ok. As long as it pertains to the game. Though if you kno someones race out of game and u get pissed at them and continue to call them a dirty !@#$ or $#@!@# then thats just a bit over the line.

I beleive what u said is ok. In real life if someone ignored me for five minutes id call them a fucking asshole too.

redjacket
04-12-03, 18:45
welp... there is a difference between saying "wow... look at that huge fuckin' plastic bunny!" and "fuck you, asswhore monkey butt assmonger dildo head!"

the first one uses profanity, but it isn't directed at anyone... just a general "oh fuck" kinda deal... this i can see as PERFECTLY fine in the world of neocracked and the forums as the mods, gms, and what not really dont care...

now... the second one is directed at someone... which can be construed (omg, big word...) as abuse or harassment... and this can be bad... this is what they might find bannable... and I know you get at least a bitching from the mods if you do this on the forums... which is why ive never been talked to for language really, i never really direct it at anyone... since you said it TO someone, it kinda does violate the whole "dont harass or abuse anyone, mofo boy" thats typically in the rules...

now, will KK do anything about it? Maybe give you a slap on the wrist and a pat on the ass... its not like you just randomly called him a fucktard or anything...

tbh, in a game where the world is supposed to be shit and everything, such as neocrack, both situations can be done without a ban, imo... fairy-land rpgs not so much... but a supposedly "hardcore, we just got n00k3d" game... yeah... i can see a lot of swearing and urinating on homeless people...

Bob Monkhouse
04-12-03, 18:47
BAh, I doubt you will get a ban for this, if your version of events is accurate.

Personally, I feel it was a very adult response in a very adult game.

My attitude to profanity is simple: I have no problem with adult usage of "swear words". I dislike childish swearing (eg references to members of someone's family and their sexual orientation/choice of species for breeding with)

If ANYONE responds by saying "I am upset by profanity. Please do not direct it towards me", I will respect that and stop.

Scikar
04-12-03, 18:52
Besides, the EULA is just the bit about don't make copies of the CDs except for backup purposes, you don't own the actual content of the CD, etc. etc. I think what he was actually referring to is the terms of service. ;)

GT_Rince
04-12-03, 19:00
LOL - I can't believe someone thinks you will get a ban for that - just laugh at them...

GM's are not interested in people being told to fuck off - as long as it is 'in character' then all is cool.... A torrent of personal abuse "Your momma sucks 'stuff'", woud be considered personal abuse or making reference to you personally out-side the game, will be frowned up and no time is wasted in that respect.

Just laugh and walk away :)

Oath
04-12-03, 19:04
Lets get it over with

@ the OMFG BAN JOO peeps

Stfu fools.

04-12-03, 19:08
Are you allowed to offend people by giving remarks on their RL appearance (mister x posts RL pic on forum and mister y says
in- game that mister x is an ugly wanker or something like that)? Someone does it to me in-game quite a lot, not that I care about it but I just want to know.

Elric
04-12-03, 19:09
lol, well said all.

I agree with Oath, tell them to stfu and stop being stupid, then walk on...

(Oath, same Oath from pluto i gave stuff to yesterday?
if so, what server were you on before?)

Oath
04-12-03, 19:10
Originally posted by Elric
lol, well said all.

I agree with Oath, tell them to stfu and stop being stupid, then walk on...

(Oath, same Oath from pluto i gave stuff to yesterday?
if so, what server were you on before?)

Tis i you 1337 viperking givor :D

I was on uranus, and i still kinda am, though ive 'officially' left it.

Elric
04-12-03, 19:11
Originally posted by Oath
Tis i you 1337 viperking givor :D

I was on uranus, and i still kinda am, though ive 'officially' left it.

hehehe

cool.

Tis me yes.

/edit

/me notices location... oooh, another local lad, sweet ;)

jernau
04-12-03, 19:47
If it went down like you say I'd ignore him.

Maybe get out to Regants and pick up a "fucked up copbot CPU", open trade and show him it while you laugh at him. :D

Krll
04-12-03, 20:57
Originally posted by #151988
Are you allowed to offend people by giving remarks on their RL appearance (mister x posts RL pic on forum and mister y says
in- game that mister x is an ugly wanker or something like that)? Someone does it to me in-game quite a lot, not that I care about it but I just want to know.

Sounds like unfair abuse and harassment to me, if he's doing it regularly and about your real life appearance.

Report him and see what happens. :)

-Krll

Archeus
04-12-03, 21:02
Heh I remember when the NPCs were more offensive. Clicking on one it said "Piss off wanker!".

I guess I should of reported that NPC.

Beanie McChimp
04-12-03, 21:52
Originally posted by RuButt

he is an asshole, 12 or 22 years old....
HEY I am 14 an I dont give a fuck if anyone swears its freedom of fucking speech.

icarium
04-12-03, 21:53
what a twat, fucking keyboard heroes i would have chinned the ARSEHOLE.

;)

Krll
04-12-03, 22:09
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
HEY I am 14 an I dont give a fuck if anyone swears its freedom of fucking speech.

I think he meant the guy is a twat regardless of age (hence 12 or 22).

Originally posted by icarium
what a twat, fucking keyboard heroes i would have chinned the ARSEHOLE.

;)

OMG! Someone else who says ARSE instead of ASS! Respect! :)

-Krll

icarium
04-12-03, 22:14
well i am british, damn americans messing up our insults!! :p :p

:angel:

Spy<VS>Spy
04-12-03, 22:51
Originally posted by emoticon
What do you think?

I think, that the mojority of us still playing this game...honostly dont give a fuck if we are banned or not...so i would have told him to go fist himself without the use of construction grease.

Of course, i can say that, because the whole server wants to kill me anyways and i have so much money, equipment and implants that there is no reason why i would ever need anything those noobs sell anyways.

I mean, verbaly abusing those without pubic hair is sorta the best 'feature' in the game. You really just cant get that quality random ganking + ass flaming anywhere else.