PDA

View Full Version : MC5 - some ideas

Scikar
04-12-03, 14:48
It seems a lot of people are fed up with MC5. There are some serious problems with the whole concept of MC5, so let's try to find some solutions.

Problems:

Only one area to obtain the parts to MC5 chips from.
Mobs use CopBot rifles, which cause a major FPS drop.
No cover to hide behind, which is obviously necessary if you want to fight mobs which can kill any fully buffed character.
Low drop rate of parts.
The whole room is full of exploits. New ones are found just as soon as the latest ones are closed by GMs.
Many players already have parts and whole chips obtained by exploiting.
It is totally impossible for certain classes.
With so many people all trying to hunt in the same area, there is very often conflict, which results in a loss of SL.

Solutions:

Give the mobs EPRs instead.
Add alternative areas to obtain parts from. There are 2 other dungeon entrances in the H_14 zone, why not use them?
Put cover in these areas to hide behind. If APU monks are such a problem, then give the mobs piercing weapons. If they all had Liberators then there wouldn't be a problem, would there?
Keep the drop rate in line with the difficulty. The current drop rate is in line with the difficulty if you exploit. Considering the time needed to kill the Comm without exploiting, the drop rate is far too low.
Keep the rooms a little more simple. The glass could have been fixed by extending it upwards to the ceiling, instead of removing it.
Add variation between the different dungeons, to accomodate the different classes.
Make the zones anarchy zones instead of hunting zones.

Comments, ideas, suggestions?

Parappa
04-12-03, 14:58
I agree fully. Nice ideas. :)

QuantumDelta
04-12-03, 15:01
Not bad, I think this is pretty close to what needs to happen.
Btw, there's 3 other entrances not 2 :)

WebShock
04-12-03, 15:09
i hate to be optimistic but any positive change in the game has next to no chance in happening.

How long has the community been asking for tank fixes to bring them online with everyone else (IE the poor AoE rares, the outdates PA that takes CON away, how the hell does a moonman suit take CON away? I understand the ath gimp, its heavy)

Getting back on point. I speculate that KK wants MC5 to be impossible to do. With the upcoming ressurection super-nerf and the fact that on saturn its impossible for pro city to go to mc5 in peace, i doubt anyone but anti-city factions will get close to a mc5 chip.

amfest
04-12-03, 15:12
I think they should make some lesser mobs drop them in the other dungeon areas BUT only certain parts so in the end you would have to go to all the areas in order to complete a chip but it would split up the camping of one area . .. and yet not have the pool congested on one mob still .. it would be a matter of . .okay I find these parts on this mob ... good got them .. .move to next area . . get next parts . .. or trade with a group that already got them from that area . .. errr damn i need sleep . .wonder if this makes sense o_O

StrongSad
04-12-03, 15:13
The only way they can make the zone hard enough would be to make it really close quarters.....which eliminates a few classes which depend on distance for survival.

I also think its rather unfair that the most powerful class are the ones getting the best implants. KK needs to rethink mc5 rather fast because I am getting bored of never being able to go there. :mad:

Psyco Groupie
04-12-03, 15:25
Yep all good, keep the drop rate the same but add comm's to the other entrances!

Nexos
04-12-03, 16:08
camping is a dumb thing by itself. dropping mc5parts randomly by any (cave/boss)mob with a decent droprate would be much better, and small factions and small clans would have a chance to get these chips too.

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 16:45
Originally posted by Scikar

Solutions:

[1]Give the mobs EPRs instead.
[2]Add alternative areas to obtain parts from. There are 2 other dungeon entrances in the H_14 zone, why not use them?
[3]Put cover in these areas to hide behind. If APU monks are such a problem, then give the mobs piercing weapons. If they all had Liberators then there wouldn't be a problem, would there?
[4]Keep the drop rate in line with the difficulty. The current drop rate is in line with the difficulty if you exploit. Considering the time needed to kill the Comm without exploiting, the drop rate is far too low.
[5]Keep the rooms a little more simple. The glass could have been fixed by extending it upwards to the ceiling, instead of removing it.
[6]Add variation between the different dungeons, to accomodate the different classes.
[7]Make the zones anarchy zones instead of hunting zones.

Numbered them to make them easier for me..

(1) = No, EPR is a LOS weapon, with LOS fire, people could hide behind a post with an AOE or non LOS weapon (APU) and kill the mobs easily.
(2) = Could do, but then, the guy is a commander of the MC5 base, you cant really have 3 commanders, would need renamed mobs
(3) = There is a Lib type mob in there, fires pierce, and it can hurt too, if CPR's get changed the way KK plans, CPR's will also do pierce damage. There is also places in there too hide, though the mobs can still track/hunt you down, and with any LOS, ur shot, which really works, keeps you on your toes.
(4) = Drop rate is fine, sometimes you get nothing, sometimes 1, even managed 3 in one drop
(5) = Again that would require different weapons, the copbot rifles would just need to see the target to fire at, if the weapons were changed, people would find a way to exploit the fact.
(6) = Hmm, eh?
(7) = WE ARE HUNTIN MC5 NOW, WE HAVE 5 PEOPLE, YOU HAVE 2, GO AWAY!!!11 - no, lets take turns? - DIE DIE DIE - s/l hit.

KimmyG
04-12-03, 17:29
All good ideas

5 stars

Original monk
04-12-03, 18:03
nice idea's ok, it sums up everything that has been said before ... maybe not the accomodation for diffrent classes, but then they never wanted to implement more then 1 mc5 area o_O (fun fun KK, walking 12 zones to come to mc5 where ya have 90% chance on finding a full TG/CM (as you prefer) clan inside ...)

quote scikar: "Many players already have parts and whole chips obtained by exploiting."

, yup: even certain GM's/counsellers who supposed to give the good example, and ffcourse the clan(s) (that we all know who they are) that went in first to harvest/exploit that place ... and caused to get it shut down after 1-2 days ...

good idea's in general (im talking about all solutions here) but as i said they all been suggested before when they where changing mc5, so why would they change it again now (holding these nice solutions in the back of there head) ...

enjoy playing and enjoy hunting mc5: altough hunting in there became pretty boring ...

edit: removing sl loss wil AGAIN only benefit the big mainclans hunting there (people in there they dont like: call some clanbackup, on saturn probably TG that only has to GR to soliko instead of walking from the first "neutral genrep" and the annoying people that where there first get killed by 14 people storming in ...)

mc5 and kamisoldiers wherent hilevel content: they where an artificial way to make big clans richer...

KK **** on the soloplayers or small clans (and there are more small clans then big ones ... as in genreprules and hilevel content)

edit2: last weekend i was in mc5 (me PPu and my mate an APu) when 2 hostile players came in: they asked to take turns and as usually we told em we dont take turns cause its a shitsystem ...
eventually after alot of nameyelling and discussing (and alot of explaining from there side) we went in all 4 and started shooting the commander ... when the commy was on 1 hp they left and we finished and looted, the second run we left and they finished and looted etc and it was actually great fun with us 4 afterall, only to say that teaming up, even with a hostile faction, supposed enemy's can pay of and is great fun :)

about the big clans hunting/dominating there i have no nice words ... what the hell can they do inside there with 15 people ? except annoying honest runners and scaring em away ? its not like its that big in there ....

Shadow Dancer
04-12-03, 20:01
I agree with all points, except maybe #1. Lexxuk expressed a legit concern about that.

I hate FPS drop as much as the next person, but giving them an LOS weapon might not be a good idea.

How about giving them a power house halo attack?

Carinth
04-12-03, 20:33
I hate MC5 with a passion. It basicly fell on my shoulders to help camp mc5 for parts so my entire clan could have chips. Of my clan only a portion are capable of helping me, and for a typical trip you can only take a few people along. The drop rate is seriously too low for the amount of work you put into camping there. If you think it's fair then you are using some technique to make camping go faster, or you just have nothing better to do then spend all day in mc5. As if that was even possible, tensions run extremely high at mc5 with people's true nature showing. People who you were friendly with will turn hostile at mc5 because you're vying for rights to camp there. Some try to "share" but they drop so infrequently that you can end up not getting anything at all. Plus I still feel that more then 4 or 5 people in mc5 is overkill and will start to hinder the camping. Just by being there, people will make it more difficult for you. Another fun fact is that the closest open gr is 3 or 4 zones away, i don't recall exactly. When you die from a synch at mc5, which is the most common way to die, you hafta trek all the way back. In the meantime someone else prolly came in and taken your place.

Ugh I'm getting a headache just thinking about MC5.
*stabs a voodoo doll of the Base Commander repeatedly*