PDA

View Full Version : News about "Neocron - Beyond Dome of York"

Pages : [1] 2

Martin J. Schwiezer
04-12-03, 09:57
Since there is a rumor about a char wipe that might come with "Neocron - Beyond Dome of York", I am happy to announce that there definitely won't be a char wipe.

About the "DoY for FREE" issue: As you will see, "Neocron - Beyond Dome of York" (NC:BDOY) will be so much more than the "Dome of York" (DOY) expansion pack was supposed to be. The whole game will be polished and the master goals of gameplay will change drastically. You will also get dozens of new features. Therefor NC:BDOY will be positioned and launched as a whole new product. Players who have an active account, will receive an offer to get NC:DBOY for a special price.

We will clean up our dbase: All accounts that, at the time NC:BDOY gets released, have been inactive for more than three month, will be deleted.

We work pretty hard to get everything agreed and signed upon, to be able to announce the release date and the _full_ feature list for NC:BDOY within this month. Latest time for the announcement will be January.

EDIT: If you've multiple accounts, then you will only need to pay once for NC:BDOY and not multiple times.

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 10:02
Thank you for the update, MJS. It is appreciated. :D

It's a shame that the "DoY for FREE" idea is not going to happen, but I think it will be worth it to pay a "special" price for "polishing".

BTW, can you give any detail as to what will be "polished"?

Kudos, for the update. Again, it is appreciated. :)

Tratos
04-12-03, 10:04
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
Since there is a rumor about a char wipe that might come with "Neocron - Beyond Dome of York", I am happy to announce that there definitely won't be a char wipe.

About the "DoY for FREE" issue: As you will see, "Neocron - Beyond Dome of York" (NC:BDOY) will be so much more than the "Dome of York" (DOY) expansion pack was supposed to be. The whole game will be polished and the master goals of gameplay will change drastically. You will also get dozens of new features. Therefor NC:BDOY will be positioned and launched as a whole new product. Players who have an active account, will receive an offer to get NC:DBOY for a special price.

We will clean up our dbase: All accounts that, at the time NC:BDOY gets released, have been inactive for more than three month, will be deleted.

We work pretty hard to get everything agreed and signed upon, to be able to announce the release date and the _full_ feature list for NC:BDOY within this month. Latest time for the announcement will be January.

OMG cheers MJS

MMmmm......whole list of brilliant new features

im glad there wont be a char wipe but i hope everyone will work hard to make life easy for the (hopful) influx of new players.

thanx for the info

info = WINNAH

~T

oh yeah HO HO HO and all that :D

nugz420
04-12-03, 10:05
I got one word SEX

also have one question how long will the nc servers be up after the new nc-bdoy comes out will they go offline and become servers for bdoy or will bdoy be on seperate servers?

ok maybe 2 questions:p
second one being what if your paid past when bdoy is released?

Nvidia
04-12-03, 10:06
Atta boy, MJS! You tell em :D

Excellent news, now maybe all those little shits who stir up the rumors will stop and return to their garbage cans...

Looking forward to that January Announcement. It's going to be a very pretty day :)

Drake6k
Great news, I cant wait!

Thanks for the update. I'll be glad to pay for such a large upgrade. (on all 3 of my accounts :eek: ) but its cool I'm a fanboy (boi is stupid ;))

Spectra260
thank you very much MJS...that was much needed

and im happy to hear that there will be no char wipe:D

Martin J. Schwiezer
04-12-03, 10:09
Originally posted by ElfinLord
Thank you for the update, MJS. It is appreciated. :D
BTW, can you give any detail as to what will be "polished"?
Well, beyond the new features NC:BDOY will bring, there will also be a whole new look for the entire game. "Polished" is a little weak term for what we'll do. But I am afraid you will have to wait until the official announcement can be made.

Spectra260
not to presure you or anything MJS, and ill understand if you cant answer this now, but do you know when maybe you can get around to explaining SOME of the NEW features your mentioning...

im not asking for you to go out of your way or anything:angel:

so if you got the time maybe you can just name a couple things that will change, and if not maybe a "in a month or so i can name a couple things":D

edit: aw never mind...just read the post above mine:(

LVirus
I knew it. Martin first looked community if its possible to even release or say that "Sorry guys, no free DoY" and when majority of people hinted that paying something for DoY is possible, Martin was sure enought that community will not kill him and released this info :)

If you truly can change Neocron so much you claim you will change, then all by means, go for it and release it. But will it cost 20€ or full game 50€ ?

And for charwipe, does that mean that I have to quickly powerlevel my chars to overcap and be prepared? o_O 8| :eek:

RuButt
04-12-03, 10:10
where do i sign up for beta? :o :p

Spectra260
04-12-03, 10:12
Originally posted by RuButt

will there be a beta?

you can gaurantee that almost every single person still playing NC now will go crazy trying to get in it:rolleyes:

i cant complain though...i would too;)

LVirus
04-12-03, 10:12

Beta has been out for some time, didn't you know? :eek:

Sadly it's more or less internal test for GM's and long time community members (excluding me :o ).

Martin J. Schwiezer
04-12-03, 10:13
Originally posted by Drake6k
Great news, I cant wait!

Thanks for the update. I'll be glad to pay for such a large upgrade. (on all 3 of my accounts :eek: ) but its cool I'm a fanboy (boi is stupid ;)) Drake: Please read the edit, I've just made to my original post.

Spectra260
04-12-03, 10:13
you would think that they would like to do stress test's and things like that though before they release it...

nugz420
04-12-03, 10:14
will you adress my edits to my original post mjs? pls would be appreciated.

Spectra260
04-12-03, 10:16
we should try not to scare him off with questions:D

although those 2 are very important IMO

Martin J. Schwiezer
04-12-03, 10:16
Originally posted by nugz420
also have one question how long will the nc servers be up after the new nc-bdoy comes out will they go offline and become servers for bdoy or will bdoy be on seperate servers?
This is something we will still need to decide upon. There are various internal suggestions which need to be discussed.

I don't understand you second question though. :)

deac
04-12-03, 10:17
how about neptune at the same time? :angel:

RuButt
04-12-03, 10:18
Originally posted by LVirus

Sadly it's more or less internal test for GM's and long time community members (excluding me :o ).

lol.. how old?

ur since beta 3, rite?

im only beta 4 =/

nugz420
cool thnx mjs. appreciate it cant wait to hear more about this new sexy sounding NC i might even change my sig now:D
edit second question is only if you use the current servers for nc bdoy if not then its a no point question.

Martin J. Schwiezer
Originally posted by deac
how about neptune at the same time? :angel: Please wait for the official announcement ;)

Tratos
04-12-03, 10:19
Originally posted by deac
how about neptune at the same time? :angel:

dont push it boy, but are you still planing on introducing Neptune when the player base increases?

~T

RuButt
04-12-03, 10:19
Please wait for the official announcement ;)

i wub u!!

seriously

*goes and writes lyrics for his song dedicated to MJS

*scraps the project and writes a loveletter instead.

LVirus
04-12-03, 10:20
lol.. how old?
ur since beta 3, rite?
im only beta 4 =/

Beta2 as my avatar says but thats not point. There is naturally beta out there but for very few people. I think KK didn't like my flooded beta reports and I was excluded :rolleyes:

j/k - MJS don't eat me :D

nugz420
04-12-03, 10:22
damn you MJS I was gonna go to sleep now you got me all excited couldnt this have waited till tomorrow:p

on second though fuck that i like being excited about NC again:D

Original monk
04-12-03, 10:22
thank you for this intresting info, i cant wait till the new game arrives :) the sooner the better ffcourse :)

RuButt
04-12-03, 10:24
Beta2 as my avatar says but thats not point. There is naturally beta out there but for very few people. I think KK didn't like my flooded beta reports and I was excluded :rolleyes:

j/k - MJS don't eat me :D

do like me.....write a loveletter! youll be in beta in a jiffy i think....

btw, dont stuff it with anthrax ;)

LVirus
04-12-03, 10:24
I think this release will seriously hurt "certain german based sci-fi mmorpg which is not nc" :D

VetteroX
04-12-03, 10:25
Awesome, thanks for the update MJS. Im glad I get to keep my chars and items. I actually hope they dont put up a new server at release, currently all servers need a much larger population. If DoY does well, which I hope it does, THEN maybe neptune or a fresh server, but for now servers should stay as they are.

boneybob
04-12-03, 10:37
woohooo!

sounds truly exclent, definaitly cant wait!
cant wait for the next update, cant wait for Doy!

thanks for the status update.

BB

El Barto
04-12-03, 10:44
I am not to bothered about the free bit, just so long as I can actully buy it from the shops. Also thanx for the update.

robinitnow
04-12-03, 10:48
big thank you to MJS for the announcement!!! :-)))))))))

Shadow Dancer
04-12-03, 10:48
HOLY SHIT

I"M SO EXCITED!!!!!
THIS IS AWESOME NEWS

SEX SEX SEX

EDIT: Can a mod sticky this? :angel:

Jest
04-12-03, 10:53
EDIT: If you've multiple accounts, then you will only need to pay once for NC:BDOY and not multiple times. Excellent. Py concern wasn't necessarily paying for DoY, it was paying for DoY twice. I am more than happy to pay a single "special" price. :)

Please wait for the official announcement ;) Martin if announce the coming of Neptune then you will have a special 'sex' coming your way from you know who. :p

John.nl
04-12-03, 10:55
Will the monthly fee change?

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 11:00
Originally posted by John.nl
Will the monthly fee change?
Would you be willing to pay it if it did?

I would. As long as it didn't go up past $15 US or so.

deac
04-12-03, 11:01
Please wait for the official announcement ;)

\o/

Divide
04-12-03, 11:06

EDIT: If you've multiple accounts, then you will only need to pay once for NC:BDOY and not multiple times.

that better be a pretty damn heavy discount, considering many of us have waited 10 months for this "free" expansion to be released. in my mind, most of us have already paid for this new release with continuing support of you and your crew. nontheless, Ill be there, and thanks for posting on a thread other than something about FoMK or MJS = Jernau speculatory threads.

edit: oh, I also have to say that I think it is a mistake to not wipe the servers. but eh, Ill get to keep all my shit, and chars :)

second edit: How will the expansion be released-- I dont want to have to run around for 3 months to find a copy in the US like I did the first release. I also dont want to wait another 15 minutes past its official release and implementation... is a download option planned, or will the problem with us distribution be fixed/alleviated for the current US neocron populace. A preorder option would also be a great idea. Pre order a week or so in advance, and have it shipped... who knows Ill just wait on a reply

FirestarXL
04-12-03, 11:08
Wheee. we are told stuff!

Martin, to rephrase nugz420's question:

Will Beyond Dome of York:

A: Run on different servers alongside Neocron, then the original Neocron servers switched off? If so, how long will they run side by side?

B: Run on different servers alongside "permanently" i.e. two different versions of the game at once? (I don't think this is likely, but in for completeness)

C: At some point be "switched" as the only version without paralell running?

L0KI
04-12-03, 11:23
Now thats all u needed to do MJS ;)

Now us little Cron addicts can play in peace knowing whats coming in the next few months.

msdong
04-12-03, 11:25
Originally posted by Divide
that better be a pretty damn heavy discount, considering many of us have waited 10 months for this "free" expansion to be released. in my mind, most of us have already paid for this new release with continuing support of you and your crew....

thats right, but i really think KK managed to get the best out of it for their old players like it was with the raise of the monthly fee.

damn it seems like KK topped sony by doing an 18 month payed public beta test ;)

KK>SOE

necrocon
04-12-03, 11:26
paying for 10 months erm well close my 12 month comes at the end of this month.

I hope the monthly charge does not change.

We were guaranteed a free download for DOY special price I hope is a good one.

***I only know a little about competitors one of them with the horses makes you buy an expansion for each seperate account GOOD JOB KK for not doing that

***Other sites have had people say we wont ever see DOY I think this is almost as good as having it PISS off you pricks we rock you suck

***Neocron is a way of life fix your life to fit neocron

^^I think it is to late for me to be posting what the hell did that mean anyone lol

I WANT DOY Great stocking stuffer? hmm what a christmas present everyone here downloading DOY lol

Candaman
04-12-03, 11:40
omg thnx mjc

/cremes pants

jernau
04-12-03, 11:50
Woot.

Question : Are you going to dump mySQL and get a proper Database now? It was listed as a priority some time ago now.

Mumblyfish
04-12-03, 11:50
Originally posted by FirestarXL

A: Run on different servers alongside Neocron, then the original Neocron servers switched off? If so, how long will they run side by side?

B: Run on different servers alongside "permanently" i.e. two different versions of the game at once? (I don't think this is likely, but in for completeness)

I'd imagine it'll run the same way as Planetside: Core Combat does.

EVERYONE gets the most of the upgrade. So the code for new weapons etc is in all clients. However, people who don't buy Beyond the Dome of York cannot obtain these weapons, but the code is added so that they can see (and live alongside) those that do have them.

Only people who upgrade to BtDOY get the new maps and models. In the case of an un-upgraded version, the new maps aren't accessable because they're blocked off. But someone who runs BtDOY can wander right in.

At least, that's the way that makes the most sense...

Richard Angelus
04-12-03, 12:00
everyone must have DoY to play NC.....thats what i understand

Scikar
04-12-03, 12:20
I would guess that the current Neocron we are playing will end and all servers will become NC:BDOY. Otherwise, how could you keep your chars and items? :)

AndrewGantrover
04-12-03, 12:26
That is an easy answer, they could make new servers for doy and turn all current servers to a "neptune" server...

JiNxY
04-12-03, 12:28
nice hat scikar ;)

yeh i would hope our discount will be a very hefty discount, going from free to 50 euros or whatever would be a hell of a kick in the teeth for me. and how would we get this discount? i mean, do we have to purchase our copies directly from you?

also. if a friend of mine purchases it, can i not just use that to install it?

thnx for the update :D

Richard Angelus
04-12-03, 12:31
the servers will stay like they are atm....
but could be possible that there will be a new server...thats what MJS said
all servers will be DoY only (it is no problem to make this without a char or item wipe)

NeoChick
04-12-03, 12:33
Yes thanks for the update MJS, great news, I am so glad you will not wipe our chars, was giving me sleepless nights to think my chars will be killed off

By the way, how come are you not wearing a Santa hat?

jernau
04-12-03, 12:36
Originally posted by Scikar
I would guess that the current Neocron we are playing will end and all servers will become NC:BDOY. Otherwise, how could you keep your chars and items? :)

That's how I read it too.

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 12:38
Maybe the discount would actually be in no monthly charge for 'x' number of months and we would pay a regular price to purchase NC:BDOY.

This way the new publisher still makes good money off the retail boxing of the game and we don't have to be bothered to deal with cd keys for each account we have.

Stigmata
04-12-03, 12:39
on the point about accounts with more than 3 months of inactivetity will be deleted.

this does not effect me, BUT i know a helluva lot of people that quit and said "when DOY comes i will return" so they gonna have to start again ?

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 12:42
Originally posted by stigmata
on the point about accounts with more than 3 months of inactivetity will be deleted.

this does not effect me, BUT i know a helluva lot of people that quit and said "when DOY comes i will return" so they gonna have to start again ?
Well hopefully they'll come back before then and reactivate their accounts. :)

Britt Deluccia
04-12-03, 12:44
This is indeed good news. thankyou MJS

zonk
04-12-03, 12:48
Does polished means that mah FPS is getting even worse??
I know DOY is gonna be too damn nice for my PC, but does the rest demand even more graphical power???
If so u got urself a describer i think :(

Dont have the cash for upgrading...

But for the rest nice info! :)

necrocon
04-12-03, 13:00
Well if there coding is at all like the coding for that game with horses erm I dont know if there name is legal on here but EQ you can play the normal game and when expansions come out you dont lose your character even if you expand you just get access to areas you didnt before

I have friends who play it and if I can prove that Neo kicks its ass will change over but they like all the pretty expansions *husband and wife she wears the pants lol*

Do we get any new like uhmm classes with DOY instead of the basic 4 you know to convince us all to reroll. would be nice 2 totaly new classes or something ah well take care

Elric
04-12-03, 13:33
Excellent news. And about time too that something is solid. I assume talks with the publisher are coming to a successful close. Well done KK.

Hopefully the "polishing" of the engine is going to include real FPS fixes (eg, implementing graphic card capability properly, getting 14 - 67 FPS in NC compared to a constant 58 in Call Of Duty I also hope this will include an increase of the view distance... one of the biggest down points of NC in my view... Imagine the help to rifle users and the amazing vista's you would see if they increased the draw distance by a mere 1000m(ingame)

[B]I think this release will seriously hurt "certain german based sci-fi mmorpg which is not nc" :D

No it wont :p

Mumblyfish
04-12-03, 13:37
Originally posted by Elric
Call Of Duty [brand new ww2 shooter, get it, its excellent, top notch graphics too]

Hate to go off-topic, but I'll get in when they release the patch that makes multiplayer not suck.

And yes, I do think this'll hurt that.

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 13:43
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
And yes, I do think this'll hurt that.
Nah, it won't. :p

They really are two different games. Sure there are a lot of things that look similar in screen shots and stuff, but in the end they are different.

Some people will like NC better, others won't, and some will like both. There really is no sense debating this until the other game can be played to make valid in game comparisons.

In any case, back on topic. I like what has been said here. I have this warm and fuzzy feeling inside like waiting for Christmas part 2 to come in January or February. :D

Elric
04-12-03, 13:55

They really are two different games. Sure there are a lot of things that look similar in screen shots and stuff, but in the end they are different.

Some people will like NC better, others won't, and some will like both. There really is no sense debating this until the other game can be played to make valid in game comparisons.

In any case, back on topic. I like what has been said here. I have this warm and fuzzy feeling inside like waiting for Christmas part 2 to come in January or February. :D

100% agree on that.

Well, Im on the play both bandwagon, assuming DoY is going to be all its cracked up to be. I sure hope it is.

The CoD patch will be relatively soon mumbly m8. Theres a few mods out already to limit the Sniper rifles count per team etc so far though, that has helped alot. Just the bunny hopping to overcome now really.

[TgR]KILLER
04-12-03, 13:57
If DOY is realy so much more then just DOY but whole NC gets better i don't mind paying a bit for it.. as long it aint Loads.. 1 prob tho if we'r gonna have to pay for it i gues we can't just download it.. i don't have a CC i pay nc by paybycash.. but that would take ages to get DOY that way.. can't survive a week without NC..

or u would have to give members a change to get DOY like a week before the servers are updated with DOY so we don't have to wait for a week..

Sleawer
04-12-03, 14:00
Well I played this game for quite a long time, and while I'm a bit busy in other games I still read the forums often to check the new changes and how the game progress; definetly when DoY arrives I will come back from my break.

I hope Martin that you choose a good publisher who advertises the game as it deserves, so I can reactivate my account(s) with enought time to get that sweet discount and to not lose my characters (althought still havent past three months, will be when DoY comes).

Just that, hello again and see you soon. Still cant forget the game that addicted me more than any other.

-Sleawer.

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 14:02
I am really eager to find out just how it is going to be distributed.

I kind of hope for a retail box release and advertising to go with it. Although I think that a download option should be available for those who would rather do that.

I also really want to know if the subscription cost is going to go up and, if it is, by how much.

Elric
04-12-03, 14:05
hmmm, a question that isnt to clear...

What if I was to go and Buy the NC:BtDoY (would look nice sitting on the shelf next to my old NC box) from a shop and not from the special offer. Would that allow me to upgrade my existing account as well as creating a new one with the new copy?

I'd assume yes, but best to be clear i guess.

Ivory
04-12-03, 14:11
Me thinks MJS gained a qualification in customer services.. thats why we havent heard from him in time ;) j/k

Seriously MJS, u put faith back in the game and tbh you could not have timed it better, with that "other" game that looks like NC comin out soon and also an official announcement of who the publisher is gonna be.

Word about the new features can u put in "my" sexy white pa :angel: when the game is out that and i'll stay in the game till the end of time lol

Also keep up the good work but dont work too hard dont want the servers crashing if u do ;)

John.nl
04-12-03, 14:11

Didn't they teach you that information is a valuable asset? So are old accounts. Don't delete them. Offer an option for "restore" and charge 5 eur for each month the character was in stasis ;)

I would prefer that over leveling and obtaining stuff.

xkorpio
04-12-03, 14:14
AT LAST!!!

Zanathos
04-12-03, 14:22
HA!

I KNEW DoY wasnt going to be nothing special!

Futureman
04-12-03, 14:29
Stig,

I think its part of the clever marketing scheme. As long as you have your account reactivated before DoY then you'll get your chars. They'll probably have some kind of countdown where you advertise how you have 10 days or whatever to activate your account before they are deleted. Most importantly, i think for us is to remove all stuff from appartments that we didn't personally buy ourself, because when the database gets wiped, then if the original buyer of the apartment got whiped too, so does the appartment :eek: Well, i won't risk it at least, because i know i got a few apartments that I bought from people.

QuantumDelta
04-12-03, 14:29
So crunch time eh?
Looks like you wont get the same break you had last year :p

I would suspect KK was forced to charge for BDOY by the publisher.
Since I doubt the Publishers get anything much out of the monthly fee's (compared to KK) (could easily be wrong there :p) ....only out of game sales, BDOY would be a high priority for the publisher in terms of price...

Hmm........
I don't know what to say on how I feel about this (not refering to the price heh)....
..... :/

Rieper
04-12-03, 14:31
Hoooold up. please read this MJS (dunno if its already been mentioned) but the people who are coming back for DoY... what about not clearing the DB for maybe a month or two after release, because if people come back and see all their characters gone then they're probably less likely to stay.

Think about it.. its more money for YOU! :p

Style
04-12-03, 14:37
thanks for the update MJS. and for all u people saying shit like "dont bring out neptune" ... fix up! get me

Thanatos
04-12-03, 15:12

Interesting that nobody here at KK knows anything about that beta? If there should be a beta we will make an official announcement.

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 15:18
I dont get that "you only pay once, even if you have 20 accounts" item. How will you be able to tell that X person has 20 different accounts so only has to pay once?

I myself have 2 accounts, so I only need to obtain the DOY once? Just to install the features etc..? Thats kind of asking for it to end up on certain file sharing programmes (bad).

Will all accounts be linked, to keycode on DOY? Cant be by CC because of PayByCash, so if the same keycode is used 20 times, you ask the person "awright, gimmeh ur account names dude!"

Selendor
04-12-03, 15:31
Its good to hear definite news like this, helps us to keep the faith ;) .

I do have one technical concern though. We have seen previous mention of DoY upping the system requirements and texture quality, and I'm guessing that this might be applied to the whole world, not just DoY.

In the current Neocron we are all seeing a lot of lag, be it when zoning, or trying to use the Citycom interfaces. Now, I know it used to be worse back at the start of retail, but I am worried that it was worse because more people were playing, and not because of optimisations that have been done to the code / network.

With this planned expansion I really hope that the network / server / database structure is being looked at to handle any increase in player numbers and features. I would hate for us to gain a load of new players only for them to be put off by performance issues.

Keep up the good work KK. Good luck with the publishing deal.

LVirus
04-12-03, 15:32
No it wont :p

Well, noooo but still it will :p

Superbron
04-12-03, 15:33
Great news, I'm looking forward to the actual release.

Mirco
04-12-03, 15:34
Hmm new product means new reviews. New reviews means more PR. Actually I think this is the best thing that could happen to NC in terms of publicity and advertisement and thus for all us that want new noobs to gank:D . NC start "fresh" and then blow everyone away. Lets all just hope this will be the case.

jernau
04-12-03, 15:40
Originally posted by Rieper
Hoooold up. please read this MJS (dunno if its already been mentioned) but the people who are coming back for DoY... what about not clearing the DB for maybe a month or two after release, because if people come back and see all their characters gone then they're probably less likely to stay.

Think about it.. its more money for YOU! :p

Cleaning the DB may fix a LOT of issues. They will want to do it before BDoY I'm sure.

Besides, it may be a pre-cursor to changing to a proper DB. Right Martin ;)

Elric
04-12-03, 15:42
Well, noooo but still it will :p

pack that in. Different games, no impact on each other at all. The NC fans will stay here, those who move to other games, move when they find one they prefer. Simple as that. nuff said.

LVirus
04-12-03, 15:48
pack that in. Different games, no impact on each other at all. The NC fans will stay here, those who move to other games, move when they find one they prefer. Simple as that. nuff said.

Of course they are different games. They are based on totally different TIMELINES and REALITIES. In NC we got megabombs that ruined hole planet and put us back to stone age.

In "you-know-where" WW3 was a bit joke .. only few bombs nothing major so people had more time and more technology to advance and colonizate planets.

Duh, even a child knows stuff like that:p

dem0n
04-12-03, 15:49
I'm overthrilled with your post MJS. I'm glad atlest that the babling minorty was proven wrong about NC:BDOY, and plus were getting a whole new game :D.

Problem is, for some of us, that we don't hav rich daddys and mommys to pay for our big house, a fancy cars and our phone bills, so can we atleast know what will be the price for NC:BDOY. The new publisher wants to make money, this is a whole new game too. So can we atleast get a wink, wink... nudge, nudge how much will it cost? x=<10$, x=<20$, x=<30$, x=<40$, x=<50$?

msdong
04-12-03, 15:55
Originally posted by stigmata

ahh, i think he tell for all those ppl that think to wait for doy and want to get the special offer.

all chars from accounts that are canceled longer them 3 month get deleted. so there is no change ....

Elric
04-12-03, 15:57
Of course they are different games. They are based on totally different TIMELINES and REALITIES. In NC we got megabombs that ruined hole planet and put us back to stone age.

In "you-know-where" WW3 was a bit joke .. only few bombs nothing major so people had more time and more technology to advance and colonizate planets.

Duh, even a child knows stuff like that:p

well, i was trying to be completely non-specific, I coulda been talking about any other games :p but yes, my point exactly, i really dont think they'll have a huge impact on each other. I can feasibly see them both having possible positive impact to be honest...

eg. player 1 buys this, hears about that and trys it out too. Prefers that and stays there instead.
Player2 buys that and hears about this, same thing except backwards.

player 3 has this and buys that, likes both so keeps both going.

see? thats good innit.

Mingerroo
04-12-03, 16:03
Much appreciated, I will definitely, 100% return to NC for this package, as it seems a lot of effort has gone into its creation. Thanks for the update :)

Mingoo

Keiron
04-12-03, 16:13
Originally posted by AndrewGantrover
Andrew Gantrover - DRE Faction Counsellor

You do exsist!!!!

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 17:29
ARGG!!! Why do you taunt us so?!!!!

From your previous posts within thelast week or so it seemed highly likely that DoY was not going to be totally free.
I don't mind, whatever it take to get a publisher to draw up a contract, and inject a bit of cash into KK. Buy some new hampsters for the server generators. :p
I would hope that the monthly fee does not change however.

Any chance of explaining how the servers will be changed to DoY?
Will it be like some sugestions above where they run side by side, or will every one have to patch up as all servers will be 'DoYed'?
I probably missed this in a post somewhere, still a bit hungover, too much diesel last night (snakebite-on-black).

Vampire222
04-12-03, 17:31
Martin Joerg Schwiezer > god

How about the special offer for paybycash customers? like poor old me?

robinitnow
04-12-03, 17:39
Is it being done this way so that you can argue that it is a new game and dump the pervious evil publishers who’s name must not be muttered by mortal man?

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 17:42
The new publisher may well have said something along these lines when MJS wanted DoY to be a free expansion.

'Fuck You'

I believe kk tried to negotiate for it to be free but it didn't go through.

robinitnow
04-12-03, 17:44
than again Dribble Joy could be right

Vampire222
04-12-03, 17:49
well mjs is now officially a l33t pk'ar, so dont mess with him, or his desicions

Zanathos
04-12-03, 17:55
I have absolutely NO problem with paying for DoY!

I LOVE YOU MJS!

I LOVE YOU KK!

I LOVE YOU MISTERIOUS PUBLISHER!

Omnituens
04-12-03, 17:57
please please please PLEASE these polished looks will NOT lower my FPS any further, they will make the game completely unplayable for me.... :(

hopefully the new release will allow for major modifications to the graphics engine to make use of the GPU more

other than that

w00t!

El_MUERkO
04-12-03, 18:02
Its good to hear such news, it also means I might win a website :cool:

I'm going to guess 'a whole new look' could me an RPOS makeover and/or higher detail textures for all of NC instead of just DOY which is whats originally planned.

One thing about the possibilty of there being servers for old style neocon and others being DOY, I really cant see that happening, the reality is the community is small and dedicated and the only people left on the old servers would be people on holidays with NC:BDOY comes out.

Now when this press release comes out I expect to see it in the news section of every games site on the net even if you have to bribe them with Nid sex.

RuButt
Originally posted by Thanatos
Interesting that nobody here at KK knows anything about that beta? If there should be a beta we will make an official announcement.

how many ppl are working at KK HQ in....err.......hamburg?

jernau
Omni, if your FPS is so bad how come you decided to live in the worm-caves? They aren't known for their love of graphics cards.

KRIMINAL99
04-12-03, 18:06
if the game is redisigned and ends up being a million times more fun due to new player interpreted goals that use other players as obsticles than I will gladly pay. I just hope you mean some thought was put into the design of the game and not just a bunch of new graphix and the ability to lvl to 150 instead of 100 for people who play 100 billion hours a week...

@ dribble joy a couple weeks ago there was a thing about neocron being 5 bucks on gamestop. Maybe this was a result of cdv being pissed and its forcing them to make it pay to avoid ppl buying 5 dollar one and then upgrading - as opposed to the other way around - especially since noone outside of kk new doy would be pay until now.

Omnituens
04-12-03, 18:08
Originally posted by jernau
Omni, if your FPS is so bad how come you decided to live in the worm-caves? They aren't known for their love of graphics cards.
because my FPS is bad where ever i go, therefore i can bring everyone else who tries to follow me down to my level :lol:

Zanathos
04-12-03, 18:12
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Now when this press release comes out I expect to see it in the news section of every games site on the net even if you have to bribe them with Nid sex.

Ummm.... they've been trying to bribe them with Nid sex since Neocron went to retail :lol:

Really.... really all I can say to express my enjoyment is to say :

SEX

Tratos
04-12-03, 18:17
Originally posted by Omnituens
because my FPS is bad where ever i go, therefore i can bring everyone else who tries to follow me down to my level :lol:

nice thinking, lol

but i just CANT WAIT for NC:BDOY (argh damn new acronim!:p ) its gonna be cool, i dont mind the payment for it, but i wouldnt like it if the monthly charge was raised, in some ways i see this low monthly charge (comparded to other MMORPGs) to be a way to draw in some more custom ;)

anyway yes indeed Martin J. Schwiezer you do truly OWN yes own not pwn own = better

a VERY happy and hyper

~T

Vampire222
04-12-03, 18:17
beta shud be a huge testserver patch....

Mumblyfish
04-12-03, 18:18
Originally posted by jernau

Shiiiit. That's what I haven't got. Energy soulblades :(

Sigh... insta-death-by-energy, here I come...

Elric
04-12-03, 18:27
Originally posted by Vampire222

Yes sure, why dont they do that, then they can shut down all the other servers because the test server will be the only one with people on it.
(I would actually prefer a single server for all, but thats just me)

Omnituens
04-12-03, 18:28
Shiiiit. That's what I haven't got. Energy soulblades :(

Sigh... insta-death-by-energy, here I come...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/ESB.jpg

*cough*

Elric
04-12-03, 18:30
damn Omni, I wouldnt mind me some of those.... being low level melee tank is hard goin.... You can see the good shit.. but you just cant get it...

Peeping Tom
04-12-03, 18:30
Question
will the month fee be tha same with NC:BDOY ?
um ye i just had to ask
K4F

Carinth
04-12-03, 18:36
I recall mention of a closed Beta for DOY aswell. Maybe it was planned, but never actualy done since DOY kept being pushed back. Or a group of old players were just messing with us ; )

I believe 'pay once if you have multiple accounts' is just referring to the initial game price. Rather then having to pay KK 40x3 dollars for your 3 accounts to be moved over to DOY, you can just pay the single fee of 40 dollars (or however much doy will cost). After that, I assume you would still have to pay a monthly fee for each account.

I also think its a mistake to not wipe the characters and start fresh. People complain and say they will quit, but that's just talk. Once you make a new character and start the leveling process, it won't be so bad. So you won't have 5mil nc, all the rares, and imps your noob will need. Maybe you'll hafta work for them : ) I had a blast when Retail first started, Pluto had just recently opened so everyone was relatively low level. Money was valuable, having 100k was a fortune! My poor broke monk never had more then 50k cause I would spend it on a new spell or armor. It's also seriously unfair for new players, the gap between NC players and NCBDOY players will be huge. It definitly won't help the new player experience in keeping them here.

The one thing that would convince me too play NCBDOY would be if they actualy managed to reduce crashes and synchs to a reasonable level. I would be extatic if I only crashed once or twice a day, even three times would be fine. Synchs absolutely have to go, synch deaths make me want to quit nc. Beyond that, my biggest gripe is how blatantly obvious certain classes/professions were never intended to be done soly. Tradeskilling needs major work, you should be able to do reasonably well as a pure tradeskiller! FFS when you level over 70 or 80 (i forget) as a pure tradeskiller you cant level anymore. You have to go kill something to gain a level. Things like that just show how unfinished NC is. Player Missions also make it clear ppu's should not exist, since you're supposed to kill. I believe, more then anything, fixing this stuff will make NC 500% better. DOY is just eyecandy!

Ghard
04-12-03, 18:42
firstly just to get it of my cheast sex and secondaly geil well now thats done gota ask one thing.

Will the world map get bigger cause right now it kinda um sux in size and i dont mean give us a few doy zones i mean a large increase, yeah i know asking alot but i want more op's and fun places to go hunt level or just chill and admire a view.

EDIT:- will op's be the same setup or will we get some special features like ones that are usless the now geting some type of boost? and will there be some like faction type op setup that would help the rp aspects

El_MUERkO
04-12-03, 18:42
Alot of people have worked hard to get thier runners to where they are now and might not be inclined to start from scratch it hink it more likely a Neptune server might get started from scratch but the rest will allow old chars.

Marx
04-12-03, 18:48
Will the weapons changes Lupus proposed make it into NC:BDoY?

Or will that be one of those things that have to be covered/announced later on?

:)

Scikar
04-12-03, 18:49
I agree with Carinth. Levelling up from scratch is actually one of the best parts of NC. The only problems are the initial part of getting out of the sewers with only a good quality weapon and very little cash, and the latter stages when you have to cap CON/INT. But apart from that levelling up is good fun, and it would be nice to get rid of all the items and cash which have been obtained through exploiting and are still in circulation, as well as getting rid of the stockpiles of rares and parts which some people amassed before the drop rate changes.

Remember that everyone else would be starting out at the same level. The main reason nobody wants a capped char to be deleted, more than the amount of time spent on the char, is the fact that they are now at a disadvantage in relation to their peers. With everyone on equal footing being a noob won't be so bad. Remember levelling in groups in OZ? Going out into the wastelands as a team? All those things that never happen any more to most people because they're already capped.

MayhemMike
04-12-03, 18:55
gg mjs :D :p

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 19:17
I agree, but as has been stated before, it should be a closed beta.

Anyone who wants in should have to apply and sign a NDA and KK needs to be EXTREMELY picky about who gets in.

Yes sure, why dont they do that, then they can shut down all the other servers because the test server will be the only one with people on it.
(I would actually prefer a single server for all, but thats just me)
That's why it should be a closed beta.

But then, do we really have enough time to go through a whole beta for it? Would we be willing to wait longer after hearing this news?

Elric
04-12-03, 19:25
I agree, but as has been stated before, it should be a closed beta.

Anyone who wants in should have to apply and sign a NDA and KK needs to be EXTREMELY picky about who gets in.

That's why it should be a closed beta.

Agreed, if it were to be tested that way of course. I was reffering to what would happen if it were a general testserver release.

But then, do we really have enough time to go through a whole beta for it? Would we be willing to wait longer after hearing this news?

We all waited this long, what would another month do to make that much of a difference? I would be able to live with it anyway.

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 19:30
I was reffering to what would happen if it were a general testserver release.

We all waited this long, what would another month do to make that much of a difference? I would be able to live with it anyway.
You are right. If it were a release as a general test server patch, then no one would play on the retail servers except those that can't get on the test server because of the database updates. And those people would just start bitching, but that's another thread altogether.

I, too, wouldn't mind waiting another month or so, as long as I was in the beta. :D:p

REMUS
04-12-03, 19:30
when we buy doy, will we get another account? and when did you say we would get it? feb?

Zanathos
04-12-03, 19:31
well find out some time in Janurary I believe.

At least I think MJS said that in the first post of this thread.

REMUS
04-12-03, 19:33
no specific date? damn thats anoyying, ill leave my accounts canceled till its out then i guess.

ElfinLord
04-12-03, 19:33
Originally posted by REMUS
when we buy doy, will we get another account? and when did you say we would get it? feb?
I think we will keep the accounts that we have now, and I don't think anyone has said anything conclusive about when it will be released.

MJS only said that something should be announced by the end of this month or January at the latest.

REMUS
04-12-03, 19:36
I think we will keep the accounts that we have now, and I don't think anyone has said anything conclusive about when it will be released.

MJS only said that something should be announced by the end of this month or January at the latest.

hmmm maybe i was getting the impression he was going to re-release NC as doy, with added bits.

ill just be happy if the wait has been worth while tbh

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-12-03, 19:37
well, I'm glad doy is comming. But after all the waiting and all the hype.Now it is gonna cost money :rolleyes:

not the worst thing in hiostory a game company has ever done, but a slap in the face none the less.I think anyone that is currently playing neocron should get doy for free.Why? you ask. Well because we put up with all this shit and we have stayed loyal and patient.

This game is still full of bugs, now what about doy?Are you going to sucker me into shelling out another 30-40 bucks just for some higher rez textures and a few more cursed soul models with new names?But keeping the bugs neocron still has today?

Think about it. I said it once, I'll say it a million times. If doy is so good and it fixes everything wrong with neocron, they why havent they fixed the bugs we allready have? Do they want us to pay more money to play a less buggy game ?

I'm not happy about doy being a pay product, but if it's only like 10 bucks I'll get it. Iprefer free, for all the shit I put up with KK for this long but oh well :(

Also it was hard enough to find my origonal copy of neocron, now I hope they let current customers download doy as a patch or some shit and charge their credit card, cause I can't be assed to go to a store and get a weird look from the clerk
:mad:

Shadow Dancer
04-12-03, 19:47
It isn't really a slap in the face that we have to pay for DOY IMO, because it seems doy will be much more tan just an expansion pack.

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-12-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
It isn't really a slap in the face that we have to pay for DOY IMO, because it seems doy will be much more tan just an expansion pack.

was that sarcasim or do you really believe that?

like I said before, if it is "so much more" why do we still have gamebreaker bugs? answer that one and I will withdraw my stance.

Shadow Dancer
04-12-03, 20:02
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit

like I said before, if it is "so much more" why do we still have gamebreaker bugs? answer that one and I will withdraw my stance.

What gamebreaker bugs? What do you consider game"breaking"?

•Super|\|ova•
04-12-03, 20:04
/me <3 MJS ^_^

Thanks really... I was already considering to leave NC for good but these news made me think about it again. Maybe I'll stick with this game for a little while longer :)

Judge
04-12-03, 20:10
Can people lay off KK about the Price thing. Oh dear god you are going to have to pay what? Maybe £20 for an expansion pack. Jeez, chill out. Anyway from the sounds of it its not even KK who want us to pay its the publisher and tbh if they DO ACTUALLY PUBLISH AND ADVERTISE then I don't give a shit that it costs money.

There are no gamebreaking bugs any more.... sure there are a few fatals and synchs but alot less than there were.

mehirc
04-12-03, 20:11

I would like to know that too, i dont even have any fatals.

Archeus
04-12-03, 20:15
Thats a point. Is it being sold as an expansion pack or a full game?

I would guess a full game as due to crap distribution of NC no one would get to play it.

I think it was mentioned already, but I guess there will be some kind of key for buying the game and linking to accounts you already own.

For example, I am sure it is acceptable for me to buy DOY and then link it to my two accounts but what if I then give the game to 30 others so they can upgrade thier accounts for free? Probably not a good idea.

Although maybe actual accounts active hasn't been factored in as something major for distributor (as it is only a 5 digit number).

The one thing that pissed me off about the 10 day free trial was you had to pay the price of a whole game if you wanted a second account. You couldn't just buy the second account.

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-12-03, 20:23

Fre's, endless syncing,the pe bug which still exist's, lag spikes. If I think of more I will edit, but FRE's alone are enough.

not to mention the shitty low fps sometimes even with a radeon 9700 pro or a geforce 4 ti4600.

and @ judge.

I dont scorn paying for the doy, but I want to know my money is well spent.And I dont like the fact that they did say it would be free, but now changed their tune.Lets not start arguing, I'm not in the mood.Simply when someone promises something and dosent deliver on the promise I tend to be a bit mad.Like I siad this aint so bad, but I am a bit unhappy none the less.

Shadow Dancer
04-12-03, 20:25
Fre's, endless syncing,the pe bug which still exist's, lag spikes. If I think of more I will edit, but FRE's alone are enough.

not to mention the shitty low fps sometimes even with a radeon 9700 pro or a geforce 4 ti4600.

IMO those aren't game"breaking" bugs. Also those can be difficult to fix, especially the FREs. Don't you think they would have fixed it by now if they could? And what does this have to do with the expansion being more than an expansion?

I know i upgraded my vid card and downloaded some drivers and now my FPS are good. I know i haven't synched in ages. I don't see any blank or green pes anymore. A lag spike isn't a bug. But yea I still do get FREs and it's still annoying, but it's by no mean gamebreaking.

Game"breaking" would be something like, you stop gaining XP on your char. A bug like that would be gamebreaking IMO.

:p

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-12-03, 20:34
IMO those aren't game"breaking" bugs. Also those can be difficult to fix, especially the FREs. Don't you think they would have fixed it by now if they could? And what does this have to do with the expansion being more than an expansion?

I know i upgraded my vid card and downloaded some drivers and now my FPS are good. I know i haven't synched in ages. I don't see any blank or green pes anymore. A lag spike isn't a bug. But yea I still do get FREs and it's still annoying, but it's by no mean gamebreaking.

Game"breaking" would be something like, you stop gaining XP on your char. A bug like that would be gamebreaking IMO.

:p

FRE's are game breaking when you get one during an op war or pvp and loose something expensive or pride.I still sync a lot, maybe it's uranus? and I have a screenshot of my capped tank teammate as a 0/1 pe from 3 days ago.as for lag spikes, your right it isn't a bug, but bad netcode in neocron can hardly support the game with a lousy 100 players on, now if that's not game breaking then I don't know what is.

Honestly Shadow, if you can say that when doy comes and the servers fill up to say 400 to 500 people per server, this game will run smooth with light lag and the occasional spike, then I will close my case.But think from what you have experienced so far, with 200 and 300 people online at once.And don't even get me talkin about fps when more than 20 people are in the same zone fighting.

J. Folsom
04-12-03, 20:38
Originally posted by Lexxuk
I myself have 2 accounts, so I only need to obtain the DOY once? Just to install the features etc..? Thats kind of asking for it to end up on certain file sharing programmes (bad). That's easily solved by only allowing one account to be registered per BTDoY (Or normal NC, for that matter) keycode once it's actually been released.

As for the problem that'd give with upgrading accounts, I'm pretty certain accounts wouldn't have to be upgraded, it's just the case that the new BTDoY client has all the flashy new stuff, while the old client has the current stuff.

Tratos
04-12-03, 20:55
Originally posted by J. Folsom
That's easily solved by only allowing one account to be registered per BTDoY (Or normal NC, for that matter) keycode once it's actually been released.

As for the problem that'd give with upgrading accounts, I'm pretty certain accounts wouldn't have to be upgraded, it's just the case that the new BTDoY client has all the flashy new stuff, while the old client has the current stuff.

exactly i dont see why ppl are so bothered about activating accounts after NC:BDOY its most likly gonna be a fully patched up NC with a nice big DOY patch on the end which wont require patching, and most likly if you install NC:BDOY with anew disc and you already have NC installed it will most likly reinstall with the new files and all the patches already patches type of thing.

and if you buy NC:BDOY you'll have an extra CD key to activate a new account when you want to and not pay for the game again. current accounts will most likly be just a case of typing in user and pass into nice shiny new NC:BDOY client.

Well thats how i see it.

~T

enablerbr
04-12-03, 21:06
no offence but i'll hold off on the arse kissing and the like. till i see the final situation on this. after all the special offer could turn out to be a £5 knocked off the retail price.

Delloda
04-12-03, 21:10
MJS, yo 've shown us a little love and my faith in you has gained +5 lvls. :)

Martin J. Schwiezer
04-12-03, 21:15
Honestly Shadow, if you can say that when doy comes and the servers fill up to say 400 to 500 people per server, this game will run smooth with light lag and the occasional spike, then I will close my case.But think from what you have experienced so far, with 200 and 300 people online at once.And don't even get me talkin about fps when more than 20 people are in the same zone fighting.

Most people have satisfying FPS rates with even a simple GeForce 3. There's gotta be something bugged with your setup.

Also... the problems on Uranus are not server load related. They would even appear when there would only be 2 people online. Though they should have gotten better by now, since we installed an interims hardware solution while the 2 of the 7 Uranus machines are being fixed atm. It will be up to full strength within this month.

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 21:21
Spangly.

I think that DoY is just a phat patch added to the current NC game, with loads of changes.
Current peoples dl the patch or buy the full gmae patched to DoY in teh shops.
Tell meh if I'm wrong.

Beanie McChimp
04-12-03, 21:27
This wont be like core combat for planetside will it like £30 for the expansion which was shit? *crosses fingers for £5*

one more thing if we download DOY but for some reason have to restore our pc or re-install NC and have to download the patches will we have a special code where we can still re-download DOY?

LTA
04-12-03, 21:38
heh so now we have to pay for it after all the time of being told it was free......

Well i hope for your sake doy is uber.... .especially as your going to make peeps pay for it....

Load_HeavyLoad
04-12-03, 21:40
Guys,
Do you do anything but moan
@MJS Thats Great News And ETA or the Arrival Or More info
PS whens the official announcment?

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-12-03, 21:42
Most people have satisfying FPS rates with even a simple GeForce 3. There's gotta be something bugged with your setup.

Also... the problems on Uranus are not server load related. They would even appear when there would only be 2 people online. Though they should have gotten better by now, since we installed an interims hardware solution while the 2 of the 7 Uranus machines are being fixed atm. It will be up to full strength within this month.

No I have satisfying fps, most of the time. but with any more than 6 or 7 people fighting at once on screen it drops to about 18, nothing lower than 12.What I'm worried about is when there are 500+ players on a server, how will the lag and fps be? Dont get me wrong MJS I'm still here and will be for a long time.But the idea of 500+ players worries me a bit.

and thanks for the info about uranus, I thought it was hopeless after the last server fix when I got 1600 ping spikes yesterday and the day before.

Keiron
04-12-03, 21:45

FRE = not game breaking, they are pretty rare after the last patch (for me at least)
Syncing isn't game breaking either, just annoying
PE bug? I haven’t seen it happen since they fixed it
Lag spikes = not a bug, server problem (more lvl 3 then KK imho)
Low FPS with good graphics card = FPS in NC are heavily based off Processor speed.

spongeb0b
04-12-03, 21:46
oo oo oo probly not the place to ask but erm well....... XMAS PATCH!!!!!!!!!! I want warbies with santa hats and pressies and stuff :D ... we must all get really festive now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow Dancer
04-12-03, 21:47
Yes but 500+ players means much more money for KK, and maybe enough money to upgrade their stuff?

Carinth
04-12-03, 21:55

The answer i would say is because they were almost exclusively working on DOY. I recall seeing a post in which they said they were taking somene off of DOY, which they had been mostly working on, to try and fix some of the bugs in NC. I believe it was in reference to the fact that kk was changing priorities to bug fixes which the majority of customers demanded. That was quite some time ago, I don't remember too well. I do remember though that the number of bug fixes in each patch went up quite a bit. Previously patches were entirely balancing or new content.

It's evident that even though the majority of players crash/synch repeatedly they must not be complaing about it. The minority which doesn't have any problems is all kk hears from. In a given hour I will crash and/or synch at least once, sometimes more. At any given zone border I have a fair chance of synching out. I also have a very good chance of crashing or hanging while the game is trying to quit. I receive Fatals, Crashes to Desktop, and until I figured out a trick Neocron would actualy hang my XP box, which is an impressive feat. I, like most players have learned to live with this, but we really shouldn't. I certainly won't accept it for DOY.

It's easy to simply say my crashes must be the result of my computer's setup. Yet why have I never crashed this much in any other game. I have a year old Dell, while outdated it's hardly obsolete and should be more then capable of handling Neocron. But for some reason it can't. I have Neocron installed on another computer, which is 3 years old and built by me. It doesn't crash nearly as much, though I still synch out. I can even alt tab on the old computer and nc won't hang. On my dell alt tab will hang neocron. The obvious thing is to say my dell must be fubard.. but it's not. Aside from Neocron I have no problems with it. It has to be something in Neocron that does not support newer hardware. How else can you explain Neocron working better on an old patched together computer? I am definitly not unique in this, I hear similar reports from other players about new graphics cards doing worse. I don't want to get anymore OT, I think I'll start a thread about this : )

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-12-03, 21:55
Originally posted by Keiron
FRE = not game breaking, they are pretty rare after the last patch (for me at least)
Syncing isn't game breaking either, just annoying
PE bug? I haven’t seen it happen since they fixed it
Lag spikes = not a bug, server problem (more lvl 3 then KK imho)
Low FPS with good graphics card = FPS in NC are heavily based off Processor speed.

fre's less for me too but still there.
syncing is game breaking if your stuck in it, but again I have had less of that
PE bug, as I said above I have a screen from two days ago.
lag spikes also are due to un optimized net code.
and I have a 3ghz P4 processor.

Omnituens
04-12-03, 21:56

From the back of the NC Box:

Processor: 400MHz
RAM: 64MB (128MB rec)
HD: 750 MB
Graphics Card: 3D, 8MB
Sound: DX7

My System:
Processor: 750MHz
RAM: 225MB
HD: max install, over 40 GB space still free
Graphics Card: 3D, 64MB
Sound: DX7

Ok, my processor is 64% above the reqs, ram is a little under double the reqs, OS is compatible, plenty of HD space, and my gfx card has 8x the ram needed.

so why do i get 12-17FPS max? and absolutly 0 fps when a monk uses a beam?

if im getting that performance on my system, whats it like for those with JUST the min spec o_O

all other 3D heavy applications run well on my machine, NC is the odd one out.

Keiron
04-12-03, 22:04
fre's less for me too but still there.
syncing is game breaking if your stuck in it, but again I have had less of that
PE bug, as I said above I have a screen from two days ago.
lag spikes also are due to un optimized net code.
and I have a 3ghz P4 processor.
I seriously have had 2 FRE's since the patch, and both came from when I was using Winamp+ NC (Winamp is pretty unstable on my machine). Unless I'm zoning back and forth, I really don't synch out so I think both of those are machine related.
PE bug, how sure are you that it just wasn’t a drugged up PE, or a PE wearing those clothes?
As for your shit FPS's, I don't have a clue. Maybe you've got bad drivers or not enough ram (physical or virtual). Personally I have a 1.4 GHz machine with 1 Gig of DDR PC-3100 ram with 3.5 Gigs of Virtual Ram, with a Geforce 4 Ti4600. Only time I get low FPS is op wars, swamp zones (those fucking zones are like "/set Keiron_fps 2"), and in the worm tunnels.

Martin J. Schwiezer
04-12-03, 22:05
AFAIK, there is a known issue with Win2000 systems. Get Win XP or Me.

Omnituens
04-12-03, 22:10
i hope 'known' means 'will be fixed very soon'

ME sucks monkey balls and XP is fucked up.

Mumblyfish
04-12-03, 22:10
Aaah, that is very nice to know. Thanks for the information.

I'm running on a Win2k system, and I'm FREing every 10 minutes or so. Thankfully I'm upgrading to XP Pro next week.

And Martin, Windows ME is not an upgrade. It's like spitting on your processor, then putting in the microwave before feeding it to your pet hammer. Seriously, even if Neocron doesn't crash every ten minutes running on ME, the operating system will make up for this by deleting all your files every half hour.

J. Folsom
04-12-03, 22:11
Seriously, even if Neocron doesn't crash every ten minutes running on ME, the operating system will make up for this by deleting all your files every half hour. That's not a bug, that's "Cleaning up your desktop"! ;p

Archeus
04-12-03, 22:16
Originally posted by J. Folsom
That's not a bug, that's "Cleaning up your desktop"! ;p

At least on the positive side ME lets people on the net make backups of your files for you. :o

Dont Mess
04-12-03, 22:19
i love u MJS i truly do

Zanathos
04-12-03, 22:24
About DoY costing money now rather than being free.

It was probably NOT up to KK on that and the publisher would not sign the contract unless the expansion did cost money.

Think about that next time you post here with that comment.

As well to all you skeptics that think DoY will be nothing.

Think of this.

MJS is VERY confident that DoY will kick ass.

I share in his confidence.

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-12-03, 22:27
Originally posted by Keiron
I seriously have had 2 FRE's since the patch, and both came from when I was using Winamp+ NC (Winamp is pretty unstable on my machine). Unless I'm zoning back and forth, I really don't synch out so I think both of those are machine related.
PE bug, how sure are you that it just wasn’t a drugged up PE, or a PE wearing those clothes?
As for your shit FPS's, I don't have a clue. Maybe you've got bad drivers or not enough ram (physical or virtual). Personally I have a 1.4 GHz machine with 1 Gig of DDR PC-3100 ram with 3.5 Gigs of Virtual Ram, with a Geforce 4 Ti4600. Only time I get low FPS is op wars, swamp zones (those fucking zones are like "/set Keiron_fps 2"), and in the worm tunnels.

http://www.photocountry.com/users/9813/shot0359.jpg

and I got 1024 mb of ddr333 memore, and a 4 gb hd for physical only. I build pc's so I know it's not my setup.

J. Folsom
04-12-03, 22:32
[pic removed to reduce reply size]

and I got 1024 mb of ddr333 memore, and a 4 gb hd for physical only. I build pc's so I know it's not my setup. I actually had that happen before the "PE Bug" was massively in-game, I'm pretty certain it's related to packet loss* and thus lag.

*Because I've mostly seen it happen in Plaza 1 during the busy hours.

robinitnow
04-12-03, 22:38
well I build and up grade my pc's to so

what RPM is your hard drive?
what bus is on your hard drive?
what type of cable is on your hard drive? (40 line IDE or is it 80 line IDE)
what is plugged in on the same line as that hard drive?
have you checked the MB manufactures web site for problems with the MB or bios updates?
are you running that virus checker that you run through the bios?
are you running a s.m.a.r.t. hard drive? (again in the bios)
are you running a virus checker in the background?
have you burn tested your system and checked the results against other systems of a similar type?

Martin J. Schwiezer
04-12-03, 22:39
Try to stay on topic please... This thread is huge enough already.

Vampire222
04-12-03, 22:42
well still no answer on my question, will paybycash customers get the chance to pay tru that for doy?

FeeNiX
04-12-03, 22:46
MJS...Way to be....I was just about to explore other options, 1 year later. I have been playing Neocron for over a year now, non-stop, despite all the common gripes, this game had enough potential for me to have a hell of a hard time leaving it, and with DoY finally on the way, and solid information about when i will know more, I see no reason to take my accounts elsewhere at the moment. Word of advice...please PLEASE MJS....dont miss the deadline on telling us more. You got the player base excited, dont give us another reason to doubt you... I personally am looking forward to seeing what you guys at Reakktor have been working on for so long. Bring it on...

Vampire222
04-12-03, 22:47
Screenshots Screenshots, Movie, Movie... ah fuck it

Archeus
04-12-03, 23:26

and I got 1024 mb of ddr333 memore, and a 4 gb hd for physical only. I build pc's so I know it's not my setup.

That isn't the PE bug. That is someone zoning into your zone. When they first zone in it puts them in the zone reset point as a PE until the zone can recieve thier information to update thier display information and location within the zone.

I have seen this loads of times where PEs drop out of the air then vanish as they finish zoning in.

Not your system.

Shadow Dancer
04-12-03, 23:35
IT doesn't happen much, and doesn't hurt you. So what's the prob? :p

FirestarXL
04-12-03, 23:47

With all due respect Martin, how about... No. o_O

Windows 2000 is listed as a supported OS on the box, windows ME cannot handle my system (ram), and I'm not not paying for that patronising pile of poo called XP when I have no other reason to use it.

I'm still looking forward to BDOY though. :D

Maarten
05-12-03, 00:12
NC works under Win2000, right? So it's supported... :)

Anyway...

Please don't release BDOY too soon. I'm way too busy already with finishing Eagle Red, my new game, work and NFSU. I already hardly have time to play Neocron anymore. Don't make me go mad by releasing an uber BDOY when I don't have time to play it. :P

j/k :D

Just release BDOY when you think it's ready and everything will be fine.

Spoon
05-12-03, 00:17
Sorry, I just can't justify paying for something that has been promised "for free", for so long(it should have been done and in the game already)......

I pay for two accounts(2 differant account names, same credit card), one is mine, one is my sons, I'm not too sure the multiple account discount would apply......

Besides, by the time NC:BDOY comes out next year, I'll have a new state of the art gaming PC, that means I'll be able to play Doom III and HL2 and it's mods, plus all the other games that come out based on those two new game engines.....
Why pay more for NC, when I can play a state of the art game?

To quote P.T. Barnum:

"There's a sucker born every minute"

Mumblyfish
05-12-03, 00:22
Originally posted by Spoon
Why pay more for NC, when I can play a state of the art game?

Because it all boils down to while graphics are pretty, they don't mean shit. Neocron is fun. HL2 could be complete wank, and Doom III may only hold your interest for a few hours. Play for the fun of it, not polygon counts. Or you're a whore.

Oh, and KK wanted BtDOY to be free, but the publishers said no. Tough shit. Why complain to KK about it?

Spoon
05-12-03, 00:29
Because it all boils down to while graphics are pretty, they don't mean shit. Neocron is fun. HL2 could be complete wank, and Doom III may only hold your interest for a few hours. Play for the fun of it, not polygon counts. Or you're a whore.

Oh, and KK wanted BtDOY to be free, but the publishers said no. Tough shit. Why complain to KK about it?

You missed the part about the new games that will come out based on the Doom III and HL2 game engines, that's where the fun is going to be.
And, I'm sure there be some damn good mod's for HL2.....

Who's complaining?, I was just letting them know I won't be paying for it, unless of course it's $5 or $10, which I highly doubt.....

LVirus
05-12-03, 00:58
I have spend now 3 hours in Neocron.com and here in forums trying to find where I can sign up for beta. This sucks :mad:

j/k -- I lub j00 KK :angel:

Spectra260
05-12-03, 01:50

sorry to go kinda off the main topic, but i got a:

p4 1.5 ghz
768 SD RAM
win XP pro
Radeon 9700 pro
newest DX and drivers for all my things

and i get about 13 FPS at an OP battle, 20 FPS in plaza 1 , and 40 pretty much everywhere else, but thats with vegitation all the way at 0....

as far as i know, its pretty much like this for everyone...and we cant all be *bugged* can we?

edit: just wanted to kinda add in i get about 40-60 FPS in a nice size battle in planetside, and the graphics in that game are better...(not trying to diss neocron in any way or anything...just stating facts)

Snook
05-12-03, 02:16
WAHAY

cant wait till DOY

be brill. sorry if u have already answered this but i didnt read all the posts

how much of a reduced price will it be

snook

T72
05-12-03, 02:57
sorry if this has been mentioned already as i cba reading thru all the fanboi's and spammer (looks a SD)

"The whole game will be polished and the master goals of gameplay will change drastically"

WTF so the game we have just played for over a year is now gonna change ????? i need more info MJS yer freaking me out...... i agree some goals would be nice but functions like clan wars and clan missions would have given us some content other than the ever growing rare parts pool?

ooh and spectra's right EVERYONE gets 10 to 20 FPS @ OP wars and Events... if MJS ever went to an OP war or Event with more than 15 people he would see it for himself or atleast hear 20 + runners shouting FFS 3 FPS....

Shadow Dancer
05-12-03, 03:18
delete

Candaman
05-12-03, 03:23
Originally posted by Spoon
You missed the part about the new games that will come out based on the Doom III and HL2 game engines, that's where the fun is going to be.
And, I'm sure there be some damn good mod's for HL2.....

If u have read all the data for HL2 the multiplayer is gonna be a max of 4 people per team per game simply because the engine won't support more than that on multiplayer and i'm not sure doom3 even will be multiplayer there is only talk of it.

Both games are great looking graphically fantastic yet still single player with a ending unlike neocron which does not have a ending.

@ MJS

I am slightly worried and feel more worried for Fenix with his now 5 accounts because i cannot see a logical way around making the upgrade exclusive to people with accounts yet people with multiple accounts only paying one fee.

I myself have 3 accounts and i really don't mind paying a £10-£20 for NC:DOY anything that i give to NC adds to my experience as a gamer so i am happy to help. But if it comes to me having to shell out a total of £60 just so i can get all three chars on upgrade.

@ all these people who "cba to look through all the fanbois"

if ur just gonna ask the same questions that have been asked 3 pages back and answered 2 pages back then y bother posting at all

El_MUERkO
05-12-03, 03:58
To those with low FPS, first thing I would suggest is ignore your GFX cards power, this is all about CPU power and the amount of memory (physical and virtual) you have.

I loose about 10fps when I jump between 1024*768 and 1600*1200. In any other game that size of a jump would have a drastic effect on my FPS but the reality of neocron is it doesnt tax the GPU at all.

Now Codi's done some work to fix the ATI bugs which means they can fiddle with the engine code. We can only hope somewhere on the 'things to do' board in KK they have and "improve GFX card ussauge to take some strain off the CPU and get some extra FPS for everyone".

Carinth
05-12-03, 04:26
I have two computers.

1) Dell 2.2ghz, 512mb memory, 111gig hd, windows xp pro, and a geforce 4 ultra. This is the computer I play games on and has always had problems with Neocron.

2) Custom 1ghz, 256mb memory, 80gig hd, windows xp pro, and a geforce 2 ultra. I only boot nc on this computer when i need my tradeskillin whore. The fps ain't that great, but I almost never crash. Synchs, sure but rarely have a I crashed.

I think someone at KK has a grudge against new technology.

Martin J. Schwiezer
05-12-03, 04:30
The whole FPS/Performance discussion is OT. This is my second warning. Stay on topic or I will have to close this thread or at least make it unsticky.

Jimbo2552
05-12-03, 04:45
Awesome - good times are comming folks, and remember, BioTech is looking for you :D

Heavyporker
05-12-03, 05:09
just wondering...

will long-promised things like HackNet and a proper Balance of Power be in NC:BDOY?

uhh.. I had some more questions but I forgot them playing in NC :P

Jest
05-12-03, 05:22
Originally posted by Heavyporker
just wondering...

will long-promised things like HackNet and a proper Balance of Power be in NC:BDOY?

uhh.. I had some more questions but I forgot them playing in NC :P Well I am guessing at the very least the BoP engine will be put into place. (Plus its on the back of the NC box :p)

I'd definitely love to hear if there will be HackNet too but I suspect MJS is holding it all in for one large announcement, don't want to ruin the surprise after all. :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-12-03, 05:25
The whole FPS/Performance discussion is OT. This is my second warning. Stay on topic or I will have to close this thread or at least make it unsticky.

how is fps/preformance off topic? doy is an expansion we will pay for inevitably, so I think we want good fps and preformance, especially since now were paying for it.Dont get mad at me cause I am speaking the truth, I'm just making an observation.

mystery8
05-12-03, 08:35
Nice to finally hear some news from the man himself.

Sadly it raises more questions than it answers :p

Originally posted by FirestarXL
Martin, to rephrase nugz420's question:

Looking forward to more news & info.
And how about a few screenshots or a trailer for Christmas? :D

Distaria
05-12-03, 09:57
I must admit some trepidation about what the changes are actually going to be. Is this "overhaul" going to change the system reqs? It already runs slow enough on my shitty computer as is, unless we have the option to stick with the older, less resource eating graphics, I'd probably have to quit playing it.

jernau
05-12-03, 11:28
Edited after I saw MJS' comment above.

Martin - how about getting us back on topic with some more nice infos???

Like, maybe the DB ;) or a few screenies.

Jesterthegreat
05-12-03, 11:52
Question:

(sorry dont have time to filter through 13 pages on this)

is this an optional thing? will NC continue to run servers? or will it be DOY or nothing?

because (depending on this features list) i may or may not be willing to shell out more for another version of the game i currently play.

so in short - optional or compulsary?

Archeus
05-12-03, 11:55
I would say it is optional and they will lock off a lot of what is in BDOY to other players.

They had the same system with AC dark majesty and various flavours of UO. No point pissing off the existing customer base.

Jesterthegreat
05-12-03, 12:04
i would say they should keep the origional ones open - but i wouldnt say they would as i dont know.

the same thing happened with DAoC (Shrouded Isles) it had major graphics updates, new areas, new classes, new races, new items, new skills - but it ran on old servers, allowing expansion and origional players to play

i would like to see this as i am not sure if i will be purchasing DOY. i pains me to say it but unless some major issues are resolved i am not willing to pay even more for NC. hell i am barely willing to pay what i do - i only play to talk to people now days, capping is slow and boring (see grim, spam with lib, kill grim, loot grim, repeat). PvP is awful due to me being an uncapped pistol spy (can just use lib - nice resists, but need to cap for weapons / runspeed / belts). Tradeskilling is a joke. OP wars are done when one clan has 2 players online...

all in all this has to have some major changes, or i will be staying on the non-expansion (assuming this is possible)

maver!ck
05-12-03, 12:27
We will clean up our dbase: All accounts that, at the time NC:BDOY gets released, have been inactive for more than three month, will be deleted.This is a very, very, very bad idea. Many people who stopped playing now or a few months ago plan to come back again with NC:BDOY. They count on your reactivation policy. Don't disappoint them by such a move and lose so many potential customers.

If this is just a marketing move to let people reactivate after the announcement (not the release) of NC:BDOY, think about it - these people will come back anyways with the release.

If you really need the clean up, do it maybe 4 months after the release.

I really want that project to succeed. :)

Jesterthegreat
05-12-03, 12:30
i believe the DB was only supposed to hold chars for 3 months anyway? i thought that was the "official" word?

Mr Friendly
05-12-03, 14:25
& now u see how pointless all thos "DoY WILL NEVAH COME!!!11" threads were :rolleyes:

im hoping this "special price" wont be too high....

Richard Angelus
05-12-03, 14:26
yeah Jesterthegreat
I think that too

i think with inactive he mean a canceled account

or?

jernau
05-12-03, 14:28
Originally posted by maver!ck
This is a very, very, very bad idea. Many people who stopped playing now or a few months ago plan to come back again with NC:BDOY. They count on your reactivation policy. Don't disappoint them by such a move and lose so many potential customers.

If this is just a marketing move to let people reactivate after the announcement (not the release) of NC:BDOY, think about it - these people will come back anyways with the release.

If you really need the clean up, do it maybe 4 months after the release.

I really want that project to succeed. :)

a) this is not a change to the current policy
b) it was already discussed earlier in the thread

Jesterthegreat
05-12-03, 14:32
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
& now u see how pointless all thos "DoY WILL NEVAH COME!!!11" threads were :rolleyes:

im hoping this "special price" wont be too high....

well its true that the free expansion DOY wont come... they are releasing it as a new product...

possibly a stand alone product / replacement

so in a way people who said that were right :p

Zanathos
05-12-03, 18:06
your account is suppose to be deleted after 3 months from the cancellation date anyways.

redjacket
05-12-03, 18:14
Question... I didn't see this answered, maybe I'm blind... so... umm... is BDOY required then?

and will it solve the underpants crisis?

WILL IT INCLUDE A FULL MATHMATICAL MODEL OF THE RUBBER CHICKEN EFFECT?!

Inquiring fruitcakes NEED TO KNOW!

Cryotchekk
05-12-03, 18:20

oh right, so this time last year when you said it would be out in april you DID mean april 04.

Tickles
05-12-03, 19:56
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
oh right, so this time last year when you said it would be out in april you DID mean april 04.

hey dont be negative. be happy its coming at all. Its christmas!!

Birkoff
05-12-03, 20:00
Has it been a month yet?
*checks watch again... sigh*
yet?

Will be some nice Xmas news, thanks for the world MJS.

OT: I dunno how some of u with setups liek that only get 20fps in p1.. I've only got a 2 gig xp chip, 512 ddr 400 ram, G4 Ti4600...... and i get a lot more than 20

CerealKiller
06-12-03, 06:55
Pardon the filthy language, but.... this is FUCKING KICK ASS!!! W00T!!

ModeSix
06-12-03, 10:42
I use Windows XP, did use 2000. I still have serious FPS problems and have since beta3, it's something with the engine. BTW my details levels are way down

Mingerroo
06-12-03, 10:48
[edit]Just read MJS post about off-topic[/ecit]

Martin J. Schwiezer
06-12-03, 11:34
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i believe the DB was only supposed to hold chars for 3 months anyway? i thought that was the "official" word? Yea, that was the official word, but we didn't really follow that guideline and kept accounts way longer (but inactive of course). This will change with the release of NC:BDoY: Inactive accounts older than 12 weeks will be deleted, so we can clean up our db.

Cryotchekk
06-12-03, 11:44
Yea, that was the official word, but we didn't really follow that guideline and kept accounts way longer (but inactive of course). This will change with the release of NC:BDoY: Inactive accounts older than 12 weeks will be deleted, so we can clean up our db.

do you have like, more than one coder yet as well? o.0

Tickles
06-12-03, 12:04
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
do you have like, more than one coder yet as well? o.0

YES Cryo they do!

Candaman
06-12-03, 14:19
ummm afaik they have never only had one coder and last time someone accused them of only having one coder MJS even made a post to deny it

Xizor
06-12-03, 16:14
Great, GREAT, GREAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!

I was just wondering, could we see a DoY Agressor looking like Santa and saying: "Welcome to DoY, I hope you do not enjoy it here! The NEW and IMPROVED Agressors with COPBOT RIFELS MUWHAHAHH!!"

eh..

Bottom line, Great :D

FatDogg
06-12-03, 20:00
dont know if anybody asked this, but do we _have_ to buy DoY to continue playing NC or will non-DoY life cease to exist? :angel:

Vampire222
06-12-03, 20:14
Yea, that was the official word, but we didn't really follow that guideline and kept accounts way longer (but inactive of course). This will change with the release of NC:BDoY: Inactive accounts older than 12 weeks will be deleted, so we can clean up our db.

dont do it right at release, i reckon the release will make people come back... theyll be pissed off when they see their chars re gone

flyjedi
06-12-03, 22:31
Originally posted by Thanatos

lolz at LVirus the dumb

Archeus
07-12-03, 06:48
Also if you are deleting accounts can you make sure the Apartment key problem is fixed.

jernau
07-12-03, 06:55
dont do it right at release, i reckon the release will make people come back... theyll be pissed off when they see their chars re gone

4th time :

That POS DB is a large part of KK's problems. Fixing it and moving it to a real DB is critical if the game is to grow.

I seriously hope that upgrade is part of BDoY. If so it HAS to happen as MJS says or the corruption will be carried forward.

I see his statement on this as very positive - it implies they are finally moving to a proper DB platform. If only he would confirm this......

Shadow Dancer
07-12-03, 06:59
How about sending an email to ex players telling them about DOY in advance? Like 15 days before it's released. So they have a chance to save their accnt.

jernau
07-12-03, 07:03
How about sending an email to ex players telling them about DOY in advance? Like 15 days before it's released. So they have a chance to save their accnt.

I would hope the publisher intends to spam the crap out of anyone who has as much as glanced at the webpage.

dbomb
07-12-03, 10:53
how are we supposed to assist/defend doy if we have to rebuild a server population (ie all be noobs again)

Keiron
07-12-03, 17:42
Noob wars, everyone running around with medicant weapons. Sounds like fun to me :)

Candaman
07-12-03, 19:52
Originally posted by dbomb
how are we supposed to assist/defend doy if we have to rebuild a server population (ie all be noobs again) ]

Who will we have to defend against the attackers will all be noobs aswell but that matters not seeing as MJS said the chars we already have will not be deleted!

robinitnow
07-12-03, 20:34
but will we be able to move the charicters from the nc servers to nc:bdoy servers?

Mingerroo
07-12-03, 20:41
It is a more than likely state of affairs, as you can see by the way the map is laid out... That ALL servers will become BDoY servers, only those without the expansion pack will not be able to enter DoY. This is how most games do it.

I personally will be joining the fresh server (if they make one).

Mingoo

Vash th3 Flash
07-12-03, 22:26
Good thing I renewed my NC account today; tomorrow would be 3 months from my last payment.

Glad to hear about DoY again.

Cheers.

Sealdude
07-12-03, 23:24
Idea for a Publicity Stunt:

Have a special, say 5 day free trial for anyone and everyone (even if they already did a trial) This acct is for a special 5 day long event which is part of the story line that leads to DOY. Have magazine ads like "Come see the battle of DOY" or something to that effect.

Then have a huge event where DOY forces invade neocron and take over so people are forced to hide in the sewers and such. The goal of the event is to hold a guerilla war against the forces of DOY and to push them out of the city. Have bases sent up in the various sewers and have them interconnected. Let clans and players get missions such as "Kill 5 doy troopers" or "Blow up DOY healing station in plaza 1 medicare" Clans and runners who had the most kills, most missions, whatever should get a special weapon and their PA should say something like "Hero of DOY war"

At the end of the event release DOY and tell everyone in game about it. Maybe have something like if you join the game withing 2 weeks after this event you get something cool.

Just my 2 nc.

NeoChick
08-12-03, 00:16
If every single player will be a noob on DOY then it will be incredibly crowded in the noob areas. I wonder if there will be a solution, i.e. a lot of new noob levelling areas?
(i.e. not only rat sewers, then aggie cellar, then MB bunker etc)

Also, I could imagine it being incredibly hard to ever get anywhere if there are no imps around yet, like the zerk 1 and 2 for instance, and also the initial monk 2 chips etc

Will we be able to buy no. 2 chips in shops, i.e. not only the hacking etc ones that are already in NC, but also the other ones that you presently cannot buy?

It's hard to imagine playing the game as a total noob with no possibility of buying any chips, no constructors around yet (it takes long for a constr to be useful) etc

on the other hand, it is a real challenge I guess

INFERNO22
08-12-03, 00:48
I LOVE U ...for this cool info

hnlecter
08-12-03, 03:23
Will there be a notice before the DB wipe incase certin people feel like reactivating?

Seven
08-12-03, 04:28
Hey Martin, what's up man..

Some questions, thoughts..
Sorry, but I didn't have time to read through this entire thread and the other non-official one(s) about DoY.

A while back it was said that we wouldn't need the expansion to keep playing Neocron, but just wouldn't be able to access the new maps.

As a free download I'm sure everyone would have gotten it, but some people may not buy the new product. Is it now needed to play Neocron?

Since this is going to be a new product with 3 cd's, do we have to do a complete uninstall of the current version and install the new package?

Can we transfer our ini and config files for rpos colors and such to the new program?

What about 3rd party programs like NeoLauncher PRO 2.0, will they still work?

Bugs;
What old real pain in the ass bugs have you or intend to fix for DoY?

I.E.
ATi Graphics bug? (my ATi machine is down, can't test it) Apartment message tips, FRE'S, mobs in walls, mobs falling through the ground before you can loot them.
Dragon Fly damage is ridiculous, and other bugs that have been reported since release and still exist.

Who's beta testing all the new code through to retail?
We need the old bugs gone since DoY will probably bring in some new ones.

Christmas list; :D
Is there any way to transfer characters to another server when DoY is released for people that already have accounts?

Maybe have it so when we log in, we have the option to switch over?
Lots of loyal people like *cough* me *cough* that have been paying and not playing for the past 3 months or more because of boredom, but still continue to support KK and DoY.
Would be nice if you could manage that. :)

More brain implant slots (at least one) and/or "combo chips"

Bring back the ammo mod for larger clips

Increase slot chances when constructing

Bring back the ability to solo (let people choose to team instead of forcing them)

More character avatars and clothing (nuff said)

Less timesinks or make the current ones shorter :angel:

Offer other options other than having to kill a certain number of runners for epics, (people just ask and pay money and get ressed now) we need a less cookie cutter option that doesn't involve other runners for those who don't PvP.

Ah, wait, maybe I'll start a Christmas list thread for Beyond Dome of York.

BTW, if it's going to be called "Beyond" Dome of York, that would indicate that Dome of York is a starting point and we would get to go "Beyond"

Right?

IceStorm
08-12-03, 04:50
ATi Graphics bug? (my ATi machine is down, can't test it)
Fixed in the last patch. I rode the Hypercab for around 20 minutes on my 9800XT without any single-color problems. I walked into GRs and into corners without any issues.

Dragon Fly damage is ridiculous
I really don't get this. With 50 in Resist Force, Battle-2 helm and pants, heavy boots, heavy deflector and/or deflector spell and the Spy PA (any), dragonflies aren't a problem. Swapping out the PA for a Battle 2 vest is about the same. Dragonflies simply aren't that bad once you've got resist force and mid-level Battle armor.

NeoChick
08-12-03, 06:21

Bring back the ability to solo (let people choose to team instead of forcing them)

YES YES YES BIG BIG DITTO

PLEASE

dbomb
08-12-03, 08:28
Originally posted by IceStorm
I really don't get this. With 50 in Resist Force, Battle-2 helm and pants, heavy boots, heavy deflector and/or deflector spell and the Spy PA (any), dragonflies aren't a problem. Swapping out the PA for a Battle 2 vest is about the same. Dragonflies simply aren't that bad once you've got resist force and mid-level Battle armor.

i dont think its the damage hes complaining about more how they fly around so damn fast and still do a little damage but you cant kill them because theyre so fast

Shadow Dancer
08-12-03, 09:07
Amen about the soloing.

I think soloplay AND teamplay should be rewarded, but not FORCED!!!

Well except for certian situations, like op wars. :p You need a team for that, lol.

necrocon
08-12-03, 11:00
Bah MJS piss on them.

The players who disapeared till they got the ALL CLEAR signal. I think they dont need a warning email cause if they gave 2 shits about there account THEY WOULD AT LEAST READ the damn forum and already know about it.

The ones who dont read the forum are just game hoppers if it isnt to there perfect dream they will just leave anyway cause there already near max what is there to do. THey wont see all the new things from ground up.

LET THEM START AGAIN or run like little girly men.

Then again it might get a few of them to stay if they have there cabs full of great weapons from old release days with all the exploits and stuff *who said that*

NeoChick
08-12-03, 12:32
I don't think that they can read the forum if they do not have an active account?

Anyway, what is the good of full cabs with super weapons etc, they cannot bring that stuff across to DOY and anyhow have to start from scratch

I am just wondering whether the 'old' NC will still get updates once DOY is out, and whether the epics will still be introduced into NC or whether NC will just forever remain as it is without any more new stuff

jernau
08-12-03, 12:41
Originally posted by NeoChick
Anyway, what is the good of full cabs with super weapons etc, they cannot bring that stuff across to DOY and anyhow have to start from scratch

What little we have been told tells us that's not true.

dbomb
08-12-03, 12:43
Originally posted by NeoChick

i dont understand if doy was added to exsisting servers why wouldnt we be able to bring stuff to doy? wouldnt it just be an addition like when they remodel a zone? except they would be adding a new super zone with other new stuff

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 13:00
i'm scarred about the fact somebody said DOY will be on dif servers ?

ow i remember it was MJS who said they din't know what do to..

Atm i got a Fully equipped Rifle PE on Pluto and a Tradeskill PE.. i'm making some nice cash just for fun.. but if DOY comes out and it will be on another server.. whats the point of making cash or anything ? imo almost everybody will go to DOY so first off the "old" servers gonna be near dead with 10 ppl on them.. and some been working on loads of stuff.. like Mc5 for ages now.. there's no point if u lose everything when DOY comes..

I want to pay for NC:BDOY if i have to but i don't want to lose my chars or all shit i have.. any comments ?

Dribble Joy
08-12-03, 13:36
I hope that all the servers are patched to DoY.
Ie. DoY is a mofoing big daddy patch, rather than a new game.
I can't see how they could support those without DoY, some have suggested that they won't be able to go to DoY, but what about the new textures? the new guns, new imps. Bleh.

Only problem being those not willing to pay and forced to do so to continue, and those on dial-up. Unless they buy it again in the shops.

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-03, 13:39
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Only problem being those not willing to pay and forced to do so to continue, and those on dial-up. Unless they buy it again in the shops.

mayby order cd's true the site ? don't know.. i gonna be fucked up with using a store and prob aint getting the cheaper "paying" version.. since i don't own a CC and pay NC true PayByCash.. unless like i said before they allow to pay true paybycash but its slower so they gotta release NC:BDOY a week before they "patch" the servers

Rade
08-12-03, 14:19
MJS statement in a German thread about HackNet (http://fets3.freetranslation.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fneocron.jafc.de%2Fshowthread.php%3Fs%3D%26threadid%3D81781%26highlight%3Dhacknet&sequence=core&language=German%2FEnglish)

Article at GSource.de where MJS mentions implementation of HackNet (http://fets3.freetranslation.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweb2.p15124743.pureserver.info%2Fcms%2Fartikel.php%3Fid%3D4&sequence=core&language=German%2FEnglish)

Ok stop teasing us already MJS, SPILL IT! :D

Oh and those links are babblefished so.. well have fun
deciphering :D

El_MUERkO
08-12-03, 14:27
@Neochick

If you read MJS's post our characters wont be wiped for BDOY.

There may be a chance of a new server but I'm doubtfull about that, our community is small and doesnt need to be split more.

@rade

babelfish made my brain hurt :confused:

jernau
08-12-03, 15:04
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
babelfish made my brain hurt :confused:

Mine too but it's Mod policy to translate and cross-post anything substantial from Martin now so hopefully we'll get it soon. ;)

I think the GameSource article has already been translated.

Keiron
08-12-03, 15:09
(http://fets3.freetranslation.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fneocron.jafc.de%2Fshowthread.php%3Fs%3D%26threadid%3D81781%26highlight%3Dhacknet&sequence=core&language=German%2FEnglish)
Okay, the problem of the "including in visions" is even that one says as soon as one something or thinks about also only publicly about that, one immediately on that festgenagelt becomes.

I would tell you gladly, busy... us that we in the moment intensively with the HackNet however if we maneuvare ourselves into a dead end with ideas and actual development, can say we not simply, "Och, we place that now once again a." after we would have told you weeks or even month-long therefrom.
OMFG if I get hack net.... well I'll have some serious lom'ing to do on my uber cst. On test I've been able to get over 179 hack (without boost or op). Needless to say, I'll be the "l337 |\|4><><()r!"

ericdraven
08-12-03, 16:34

What a pity.
Don't want to pay until 2005 just to be able to use my main account when DoY comes out..

INFERNO22
08-12-03, 16:52
Im a bit of a dumb ass but MJS can explain this Clearly Will there be separate Servers for Normal neocron and DoY neocron ? if they are separate cOuld u transfer accounts from the old Nc to the BDOY server ?cos its absolute pain starting from Noob and everyone else is Noob so no one can realy help like gibve u Money like Us capped chars give to Noobs .:angel: pls relply

greploco
08-12-03, 18:26
yummy :-)

real info, not the fake stuff that's been trading around lately

cool, looking forward to it

Breschau
08-12-03, 20:57
Very interested to see what "polished" and "more than an expansion" will entail. And how much it'll cost. When it was a free expansion I'd have reactivated my account even knowing I'd likely get bored again in a few weeks. If I'm having to pay I'll be a lot harder to convince me to sign up.. but then again, it may be well worth it. I'll remain skeptical til it actually happens though - the head of a company telling me their product will rock doesn't, in fact, tell me much at all :) But that's not neocron specific.

There's a *lot* of small things I'm hoping are covered under "polished". I've always felt that polish was something neocron really lacked - from the various glitches to the small inconsistencies in the game world, typos, etc. None of it was ever game breaking, but it was still there niggling at the back of my mind. And I'm hoping there will be more improvement to the game engine's performance than to its appearance - might not look droolworthy atm, but it'll do, just needs to perform as well as other games of similar appearance (fps etc). Doubt it'll work out that way, but stranger things have happened.

So tenatively hopeful here I guess. And nice to get the info, of course.

Krll
08-12-03, 22:12
Originally posted by INFERNO22
Im a bit of a dumb ass but MJS can explain this Clearly Will there be separate Servers for Normal neocron and DoY neocron ? if they are separate cOuld u transfer accounts from the old Nc to the BDOY server ?cos its absolute pain starting from Noob and everyone else is Noob so no one can realy help like gibve u Money like Us capped chars give to Noobs .:angel: pls relply

The game's going to have a more or less complete repackage and relaunch as a new game (Neocron 2 almost).

I'd say that the servers are going over to DoY, and if you don't join the ride, you'll get left behind.

-Krll

NeoChick
09-12-03, 00:37
@ElMuerko
yea, MJS told us that our chars will not be wiped, fair enough

BUT

BDOY is a completely new game so even if our chars in NC are not WIPED we still will not have them in BDOY and have to start new chars in BDOY

so the question remains, will NC even though we have our chars, will it stagnate or will there be new features in NC as well?

I could imagine people slowly moving completely to BDOY and in the end hardly anybody will be on NC any more and it will be phased out eventually