PDA

View Full Version : pe setups

emoticon
04-12-03, 04:48
Can someone give me a few popular setups used amongst Private Eyes? I want to use Judge, and, I guess, stealth 1. Please list implant setup, armor setup, and general resists as well. Thanks.

Shujin
04-12-03, 04:57
my pe pwned before i lommed him to tradeskill

he capped judge rof and damage, and could use stealth 2

emoticon
04-12-03, 04:58
Originally posted by Shujin
my pe pwned before i lommed him to tradeskill

he capped judge rof and damage, and could use stealth 2

can you tell your setup-- like imps, armor, dex and cons distribution?

Shujin
04-12-03, 05:08
Originally posted by emoticon
can you tell your setup-- like imps, armor, dex and cons distribution? cant even remember it, but i used a SF and SA remember that

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 05:22
Capped rof on a judge? With a PE? I doubt it. You would need some where around 190 PC, your defences would be utterly gimped and agility a bunch of arse.
Unless you have a kami. but then your defences would be even worse.

emoticon, no offence, but try and find things out yourself :D

My setup (judge) is higly defencive, few PEs have better resists than mine, but I only get 161 rpm on my judge.
SA helps, dist 3 is very usefull, but I don't use it.

emoticon
04-12-03, 05:26
what is the cap on ath+agi?

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 05:29
erm......

75/75 is the 'soft' cap I believe, runspeed increases above then, but very slowly,
My current setup has 85 atl and about 105 agl, but that's with redflash and beast.
If you want to use the judge without drugs.... your runspeed will be no so good, and again you will ahve to sacrifice defencive imps for dex/agl imps.

Shujin
04-12-03, 05:30
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Capped rof on a judge? With a PE? I doubt it. You would need some where around 190 PC, your defences would be utterly gimped and agility a bunch of arse.
Unless you have a kami. but then your defences would be even worse.

My setup (judge) is higly defencive, few PEs have better resists than mine, but I only get 161 rpm on my judge.
SA helps, dist 3 is very usefull, but I don't use it. it was capped ;] and my alg wasnt to gimped, i made up w/ more ath, and whats the need for pwn resists if i can stealth 2 out?

i had pure weplore int, and cant remember my dex setup, but i did have it capped.

and was able to stealth 2.
can ask Gravis or Starkes

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 05:32
bah, stealth... bah....

no moveon or ppr? ugh the very thought runs shivers down my spine.....

Shujin
04-12-03, 05:33
when i lommed him to trade skill, i had him up to TL 175 research ;]

he even had a hawkin

had to use drugs to activate it, but once it was active it was self supporting with only 1 drug on

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 05:39
hmmm I'm a duelist, stealth and such just seems..... bleh
If I was going to go that route, I would go for RoLH, judge is a bit shit (ok, it's VERY shit) for hit and run.

Darkborg
04-12-03, 05:45
hmm i find that the sacrifice of defense is more or less only viable if you go for the RoLH.

Generally go for armor 2 and a medium belt.
decide if you want a defensice or an offensive pe and then work on your imps from there as well.
And remember that runspeed is very important for pes especially pistol pe's. (at least softcap (70/70))

ZoneVortex
04-12-03, 05:46
Hm PE setups..

you could try being a barterer....you'll get around 135 barter and then some psi use if you want...

then for str put all into melee...and transport

use zerk 2 + 3, moveon, and uhhhh something else
and use a...ummm.....hardnerve thingy whatever the store bought one to give some more str....

then put all dex into agility and vehicle driving

you'll be fuckin uber

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 05:54
It would be nice if melee was an alternative for PEs, I've seen a lvl 48 melee tank beat 2 CS tanks (not at the same time) with a blade of ceres. But PE setup and caps mean that a melee tank will always > melee PE, more armour, more runspeed, more dmg.

Quick bashing of numbers on the ol' skillmanager.

SA
SF
PPR
dist 3
PA4
redflash
whiteflash
reflex 4 booter

dex 109
pc 183
tc 83
agl 106

130 energy/fire/xray armour
407 hp
91 atl

oh that's with heat 1 too :D

extract
04-12-03, 06:42
PEs imo are extemely easy to setup.....

you got lots of everything to give out

and with PA...its even more easy now

if its mostly a con setup youre after that i cant help you with...i never really ever tried to figure out a decent one...i have a ppu for a main character, and well to put it simple they just dont require one

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 07:15
Most of the 'high level' PEs will disagree with you.
PE setups balance on the edges of knives.
Eg. the extra 2 point of xray res that I get from my filter 2 over the filter 1 is KEY to my setup working.
Tanks and monks, being 100 cap classes, and almost exclusively reliant on thier main stat lines, are naturally easier to setup.
PEs need each of thier stat lines to the fullest. A drop in one or two levels will ruin a setup.
Eg. the choice over the Reflex 4 or the Exp. Reflex 4 booster. The exp gives 1 more dex and 1 less int malus, but gives end not atl, and takes more wep.
These few points can make critical changes to a char, making PEs much harder to push to the limits of operation effectiveness.

Shadow Dancer
04-12-03, 07:18
Pes and hybrids are the hardest chars to setup IMO!

The easiest would probably be spy. 100 ath 100 Ag. j/k :p

Zanathos
04-12-03, 07:24
wont go into details but....

my PE on Pluto (not capped yet)

Int

50 psi use, 50 wepaon lore, 96 implant, 50 hacking. (Something like that, these are base numbers)

dex

11 recycle, 75 some odd agility, 170 some odd pistol combat

he will use, libby, blacksun, tangent epic pistol (range), maybe ill throw in the tangent pulselaser pistol every now and then for shits and giggles.

my PE on Saturn (not capped yet)

Int

50 psi use, 50 wepaon lore, 106 hacking. (Something like that, these are base numbers)

dex

11 recycle, 75 some odd agility, 150 some odd pistol combat, maybe more, maybe less.

he will also use, libby, blacksun, tangent epic pistol (range), maybe ill throw in the tangent pulselaser pistol every now and then for shits and giggles.

str is all transport to 100, resist force for the rest.

con setup, wont go into detail.

psi setup, wont go into detail.

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 07:34
50 WEP? ouch. Even for a ppistol PE that is horrid, range will be.... gah and you will have to give up a lot of dex points to cap the dmg... but whatever works for you.

[SP]Ostrich
04-12-03, 07:36
I only have around 50 weaponlore...

it's not that hard to aim :D... and capping a weapon isn't everything, i need to belt hack and runcast too :D

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 07:37
But you dont use a judge do you......

also, your aim is inhuman, you can kill me with 1% aiming on a shabby mendicant uzi ffs

\\Fényx//
04-12-03, 07:41
But you dont use a judge do you......

also, your aim is inhuman, you can kill me with 1% aiming on a shabby mendicant uzi ffs

my PE 'had' 50 base lore, from imps tho was higher, plus buffs, was a judge/BS/Lib user, capped ROF, Am and damage on it, also got a feeling i capped range on it, but the pistol kami probably helped that ;) 205 PC, 138 agil, 83? TC for judge. Took 2 clips from a CS :p

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 07:51
with 205 PC i doubt you would even need WEP at all.
Range is dependant on wep by a lot, so I dunno if you capped it.
When I used my kami, about 80 wep and about 205 pc, still only 89m odd range.

emoticon
04-12-03, 07:51
what is this ROHL setup? I hear you completly gimp your defense to use that gun. How do you set up your stats for it?

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 07:54
The setup I mentioned above is for RoLH. It's nothing like my setup, the resists are ok, nothing like mine, but your offence is insane.

If you want to use RoLH without drugs... then you may have to gimp.

SA
SF
adv. ballance 3
moto 3
reflex 4
giving dex 110

This is assuming the soon to be altered PA4 dex req.

Drake6k
04-12-03, 08:21
I got rid of my PE right before PA came out so I dunno what people are doing now... But I have to agree with SD, PEs and hybrids are the hardest classes to setup. Making a good pre PA hightech pistol PE was hella hard. My apu and tank were stupid easy to setup. I'm making a new PE in a few days when I get a 3rd account. :p prolly keep old blacksun/lib setup with uber defense. It'll be nice to cap lib freq with PA. IMO still a very fucking nice gun IF you can keep hitting them. I always start PKs with a full lib clip in the back before they move.

superfresh
04-12-03, 08:45

Aye...

I made a PE and have no idea what I'm doing. It's more fun that way to me, and so far things are working out just fine.

Actually, a new player posted the other day that he was trying to make a melee PE. From what I gathered from the thread, veterans thought it was possible and might actually work in PvP since PE's can stealth, and in that case could put all their dex into agility and tech combat....

L0KI
04-12-03, 09:17
I use RoLH with 1 drug, my setup is FAR frok gimped.

I do hate threads like these tho...

I bet u by page 3, this turns into an " I AM T3H UB4R35T PE ON ANY S3RV3R!!!!!!!111oneoneoenoneonoenoenoenoeleven"

Pe's are hard to setup, but once you have a rough idea of what ur looking for, they are pretty piss easy.

I have the same resists as i had when i was blacksun, and im using RoLH :p

KramerTheWeird
04-12-03, 09:19
You won't be using stealth unless you gimp your damage output with melee. Paw of Tiger at best. If you've ever been hit by a tank with a Paw of Tiger, you probably never noticed. STR implants take away DEX and INT and you need both. However without stealth, and duranit/inq 4 armor, you can cap blade of ceres, and possibly cap energy soul blade's damage, provided you take 3 drugs to use it hehe. I did a similar setup as h-c and capped my tangent speedgun's damage, 191% aiming, 305 freq. I did this with the miniscule h-c bonuses I had availble, so imagine how much +92 m-c can give to it.

A PE's versatility makes them good in a lot of situations but not nescessarily excellent in any. It also makes balancing and setting them up one of the hardest things to do. I think when the game first came out, many players, and Reakktor included saw the PE as an entry character class, to let you experiment and see what each main skills can provide for you, before you switched to a class that had a dedication in some main skills. What they failed to understand is that the PE has enough in each main skill to achieve considerable effectiveness. Whereas a Tank would have 100 CON and be able to get their defense solely from that, a PE would work to balance their resists and at the same time making up with the small amount of PSI they get. Where a spy could spend their points of DEX to high enough levels to cap their weapons' damage, a PE needs to use weapon lore in INT to help out in damage, as well as strike a balance with hacking or poking. Or not; sometimes great sacrifices in tradeskilling, or runspeed, or resists, are necessary to use some weapons. This mostly has to do with the implant setups we have, as options such as putting in a pp resistor over a distance weapon cpu 3 are often brought up. Even drastic changes are made with very similar implants, such as standard reflex or experimental, or cyber or combat eye, etc.

oh btw rabbi, my new PE has better resists with a capped RoG compared to using lowtech pistols :)

Dade Murphey
04-12-03, 15:23
.jpg PE setup (http://www.pc-architect.com/dade/PE%20setup.JPG)

Haven't really tested it that well yet...could be adjusted for TC pistols or Rifles...right now it's a libby pe...I just personally like being able to do a few things other than just fight :p Wears lvl 4 pe pistol power armor...antigamma bones are keen...hehe

Elric
04-12-03, 15:36
Originally posted by superfresh
Aye...

I made a PE and have no idea what I'm doing. It's more fun that way to me, and so far things are working out just fine.

Actually, a new player posted the other day that he was trying to make a melee PE. From what I gathered from the thread, veterans thought it was possible and might actually work in PvP since PE's can stealth, and in that case could put all their dex into agility and tech combat....

It will work. *Omega*666 (the melee pe in question) and myself went through ems.ru and the skillmanager with a fine tooth comb, with some advice and help from Kayliegh on irc too.

Its extremely viable, easily capping damage etc on the melee weapons (can even use a paw of tiger) and excellent armour. Even still having enough dex and RC to use a Pain Easer and Storm Raygun (Yes Stealth too ;)) theres no way to cap the damage on a Pain Easer or raygun with the setup (although I think its still viable to be used for PvM or as a change from melee on occasion and it doesnt gimp AGL too badly), and its balanced on a severe knife edge too.
Resists have MAYBE suffered a little but the change of armour to the next level up from the incresed strength seems to have offset that.
Its amazing what a fresh look at the PE class from a completely new guy such as Omega666 did for me. I was stunned to say the least seen as he came up with the basic premise himself, then I just helped to tweak it to something closer to perfect.

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 15:46
omega 666.... i saw that PE at FN, he was hitting a warbot for more damage than my pain easer O_o n thats capped heh, kewl O_o

Anyway, PE's really are easy to setup, my resists work fine, mixed with armour, in any given situation, enough energy/xray to stand infront of a warbot titan, unbuffed, and kill it, and then kill the mauler behind it :lol: :lol:

You just gotta test things though, one thing in this game that is a constant, is, what works for one person, wont work for another person. I could give you my resist setup (like I did everyone else at FN, and mumbly did comment on me lasting a long time, but that was for something else :p) but a) I'm rifle, and b) it works for me, kyles works for kyle, and, if kyle had mine, and I had kyles, we'd probably both suck hard.

QuantumDelta
04-12-03, 15:48
Kayleigh's giving advice now? :p

Interesting...
I wonder if she learnt anythin new, she's not bad, not bad at all =)

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 15:50
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Kayleigh's giving advice now? :p

Interesting...
I wonder if she learnt anythin new, she's not bad, not bad at all =)

yes, she learnt not to use the resist setup you gave her, she lost to hinch, badly.

QuantumDelta
04-12-03, 15:52
As I explained to her, it's an anti-monk setup, get your facts straight or don't say anything at all.

It's not the best anti-CS setup in the world.
THAT one remains safely for me'n'Vet :p

edit;
Although, TBH, it's a better setup than most people spew.
*Cough*

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 15:54
wonder who, next up was me and hinch, was very close, kay couldnt touch him. now my resists are 5 times better as i've a) capped con, and b) put in a pp resistor. oh and it works against monks too.

QuantumDelta
04-12-03, 15:57
Originally posted by Lexxuk
wonder who, next up was me and hinch, was very close, kay couldnt touch him. now my resists are 5 times better as i've a) capped con, and b) put in a pp resistor. oh and it works against monks too. 5x better?
How many CS bursts can you take?
on MY PE that setup can take 8 direct full head bursts without drugs.

5x that?
No I don't think so lexx, more bullshit from you.

As for works against monks;
I got tired of having a "I can take 12-14 CS full head bursts" setup and get pwned by HL in 6 hits.

Shakari
04-12-03, 16:01
int
139 wep lore psi use 27 84 poke 70 hack (with imps)

str
116 force resist
90 transport

con
68 ath
90 body health
45 end
20 fire
60 energy
28 xray

dex

pc - 172
TC = 80 (84 after pisotl 1)
agil 90
recycle 37

with epic pistol o get 155m range

full capp a blacksun
and capp all but rof on a 1 slot lib i get 340 shots/min

psi
mst 43 over specced mst to use pa 3
ppu 68

dunno if this is any good use stealth 1 and pa 3
get a rank of 59/63 atm but not capped con
after capping con am gonna adjust con to:

70 athletics
50 fire
60 energy
50 xray
:D

Elric
04-12-03, 16:01
5x better?
How many CS bursts can you take?
on MY PE that setup can take 8 direct full head bursts without drugs.

5x that?
No I don't think so lexx, more bullshit from you.

As for works against monks;
I got tired of having a "I can take 12-14 CS full head bursts" setup and get pwned by HL in 6 hits.

Meh, who cares how many you can take? As long as you can kill em faster than they can you, its all good ;)

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 16:02
that it? 8 bursts? O_o speak to kyle, he takes a few clips apparently, in the words of Lucjan "kyles resists are sick" and indeed they are, oh, and yes, even vs H/L APU (I shot him)

/edit - i took between 50-80 from a CS per hit, with non capped PSI/Con, no drugs i dont use them (winners dont use drugs) so even a 5% increase in effectivness, based on my now much higher health/con settings, mixed in with my much better psi/shelter, well, I dont know really, not met a tank that could hit me 8 times in the head, i run too fast, its nice to cap a ROG and not gimp agil (or, in the words of kay "how can you have that much agil and cap the rog? Oo"

/edit @ above - kyle still kills me a hell of a lot quicker than I can kill him, and I use non standard ammo, he sux, i'm gunna pk him l8r :D

QuantumDelta
04-12-03, 16:06
that it? 8 bursts? O_o speak to kyle, he takes a few clips apparently, in the words of Lucjan "kyles resists are sick" and indeed they are, oh, and yes, even vs H/L APU (I shot him)

/edit - i took between 50-80 from a CS per hit, with non capped PSI/Con, no drugs i dont use them (winners dont use drugs) so even a 5% increase in effectivness, based on my now much higher health/con settings, mixed in with my much better psi/shelter, well, I dont know really, not met a tank that could hit me 8 times in the head, i run too fast, its nice to cap a ROG and not gimp agil (or, in the words of kay "how can you have that much agil and cap the rog? Oo"

What's funnier is your "5x" comment suddenly disappeared :)

My record for CS without drugs is 44, both mods.
My record WITH drugs for CS is 38.

You still can't touch this kiddo.

Yea, 8 bursts, you do not wanna know how many HL hits I can take right around now (I'll refer hinch to my test server vs his hybrid with HL for reference, and generally say...that much, without drugs ;))

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 16:11
lemme see, when hinch was hitting me for 50, i would have had base 40 odd con, now my base con is at 65, hinch was using fire modded CS, I had not much fire resist so was relying more on armour, now my armour has improved too, my fire con is over 6 times higher than previously, oh, and my energy resists, without drugs, with shelter, would, hmm, lemme see, oh, thats right, kick the crap out of a holy lightening :rolleyes:

come back when you have learnt something child.

BiTeMe
04-12-03, 16:13
Guys, can we please help the original poster of this thread and stop comparing our dick sizes :rolleyes:
If you want to help and post your ub3r setups that can take 99 CS bursts and 1000 HL hits then be my guest.

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 16:31
well, i cant take 99 CS bursts, my max is 98 I'm afraid, and only 9998 H/L shots, so my setup might suck for you, but hey, here ya go biteme :)

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/stats/int.GIF

Int, I've put 10 in PSI Usage, cant remember why though

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/stats/str.GIF

Str - Too much Force, over capped it, but i dont really need the trans that much

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/stats/cons.GIF

Primary Damage on all except Low Tech, is energy, my energy resists are stuck at 70, with 80 odd in armour, the rest to be deflected by a shelter. On low tech weaponry, the resist force should negate the primary damage. Secondary damage is not as powerful as primary damage, so the results are a little lower, though with a chip change, I can up my x-ray due to having Exp Heart 2 in (Kyle things I'm nuts). Ath is low, at 71, it could be higher to make me run faster, but I put more in agility anyhow. These stats are without any booster of any way/shape/form. Just base + Chips. If I decided to be a "drug addict" my Fire would jump to 91, energy to 100, xray to 90, although with a heart change, x-ray would be over 100.

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/stats/dex.GIF

Dex is set for Rifle usage. The agility being 96, makes up slightly for the lower level of Ath, I could lower it, for a higher ROF on my rifles, but something Rade taught me, slow = dead.

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/stats/psi.GIF

Bog standard TL 35 setup, need to remove PA to use blessed deflector, which is why I keep it in my BP and normal Def in QB, if i'm ever jumped, i wont have to fiddle for 1/2 an hour with drugs, followed by trying to buff higher tl spells, followed by "Select GR", higher PSI is really only useful in a) 1 on 1 duels, 2) PvM, for normal every day useage, this thing works fine.

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/stats/armour.JPG

My armour setup. Fire is only 60, though I could change that to Titan Armour, change my boots for PSI boots, and have higher nrg/x-ray. In bones I have x-ray too, 34 X-Ray I believe, forgot to check.

And that, as they say, is that. Just for you BiteMe ;)

/edit - forgot to mention, will soon change again, with a SA setup, then I'll test things out with Kyle, a few tanks, and an APU ;)

BiTeMe
04-12-03, 16:40
Thanks Lexxuk
I can't really help as I have only just rolled a PE myself.
From what I have seen most PE setup's are farely similar. Just the imps and armour and a few points different here and there.

Still alot more variation for setups than a tank/APU/PPU though :lol:

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 16:50
PE's are a weird sort, because you dont have the Con of a tank, you cant just put points here, there and everywhere, and hope for the best. What you do get though, is to know your char, you'll go up against a CS/Fire Tank, and think "hmm, i have too much fire, so I can remove a little, and put it elsewhere" and test things like that, or you may think "omg, my fire sux, best get some more in there quick". Its a learning experience, best way to learn, is to nick someone elses setup ;) well, ok, not really, best way to figure it out, is to just play around.

Chars are supposed to be fun, and unique to you, so my best advice, have fun with your char, dont worry about how many CS bursts you can take, or how many HL bursts to kill you, cause the chance of you sitting there whilst a Tank hits you in the head constantly, is rather slim, and real world comparisons dont apply with "shoot me in the head pls?"

BiTeMe
04-12-03, 17:10
I can't imagine anyone copying a setup point for point as everyone will want something slightly different out of their char. Posts like yours though give people who know nothing about setting up a PE a head start on their own path to their own perfect setup,

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 17:12
Although, TBH, it's a better setup than most people spew.
*Cough*

I'm shit at setups, mines sucks dog balls.

I mean, ffs, energy/fire/xray is only 140 in total, still take 55 from a cs.
My PE is addicted to redflash, and I often use beast for the agl.
86 atl, 100 agl
barely cap the dmg on my judge
160 rpm ffs.

and that's with haz 1

the setups i mentioned eariler were made up off the top of my head, in a few seconds, just a vague pointer as to what might be good, like i know.

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 17:16
Originally posted by BiTeMe
I can't imagine anyone copying a setup point for point as everyone will want something slightly different out of their char. Posts like yours though give people who know nothing about setting up a PE a head start on their own path to their own perfect setup,

a resist/armour setup like mine, does have inherent flaws. If I were totally naked, with no x-ray bones, i should in theory, take roughly the same damage from a fire cs, as I would an xray cs, a fire lib/phos lib, fire pe/xray pe etc. In reality, i should up my x-ray to make up for the lack of armour, but I haven't really tested the setup... unless you include standing in plaza 1 healing whilst a PE did 7 dmg to me hehehe, that wuz fun :D

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 17:59
ffs.... just tell me what's wrong......

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/test/uploads/wtf.jpg

my current setup, used in dueling.
redflash need it to use judge
beast (for the agl only, not for armour)
paratemol forte counter redflash htl hit
destrol forte for haz 1

402 hp

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 18:20
way too much xray, not enough fire, your resist setup is not properly balanced out.

Your health for PvP is also too high, you take more dmg at higher health. Your also relying too much on drugs, if your constantly using drugs to top yourself up, then your skills themselves will suffer, because you wont be able to perform without the drugs. Try duels without the drugs, once you get that down to a 70% win ratio, then try drugs again.

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 18:23
call me a dick, but surely you want each resit to be equal?
I don't need 2 of the drugs, and i really don't mind taking redflash, it lasts as long as my buffs anyway.

/edit
70% win?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

dude, i have no skills, 5% is impossible.

Furion
04-12-03, 18:26
nono DJ. energy is the primary energy type, so u want to get more energy then the secondary dmg types (fire and xray). i dont have my setup available right now, but work your way from that.

QuantumDelta
04-12-03, 19:03
Tell me how much you take, undrugged from a CS burst at 500 HP - Both mods, Lexx.

Like I said, I got 44.

I want your numbers.
So far you haven't shown a shred of understanding in here, probably just second hand stuff from Lucjan that he understood, explained, didn't completely go into every detail and you don't have the intelligence to finalise.

You are so far off the mark do NOT confuse DJ Please.
Furion is closer to the mark...

Glok
04-12-03, 19:12
What's the url for that char planner?

emoticon
04-12-03, 19:14
lexx, thats what i was looking for. can you post a screenie of your implants too? :)

- thanks for replies all-- i appreciate it. I agree that it's better to try different setups on your own, but its easier when you have something to work with; i'll use a setup and fine tune it to my likings.

retr0n
04-12-03, 19:21
http://www.invertedmotion.com/temp/pe_setup_blacksunonly.jpg

that's my setup, feel free to point out what i should improve...
i use blacksun only, use PA2 so i am still able to cast blessed def.
with my pe on...

i'm self buffed with basic resist2 / blessed def. / shelter / pistol1
no drugs, drugs r bad mmkay :)

i guess if you swap balistic3 with an SA and strength3 for str2
you could use libby with that and still be able to use lvl3 armor

my poison suffers alot... but i have antidote with me all the time

edit: sry for the img size :( and as u can see this setup doesn't
involve any uber rare stuff like SA or Filter2, don't have those :)

//Radium

Glok
04-12-03, 19:41
Gah! Where do I get that skillmanager? I can't find it on NN, unless the file is named something else...

Furion
04-12-03, 19:47
the skillmanager should be here (home.pages.at/smoker/skillmanager-2003-11-03.exe) , if its not just search for a guy called -=blasehase=- cuz he has it in his sig....

Glok
04-12-03, 19:48
Cool, thanks. :)

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 19:48
Hmmm interesting setup there.

I'd say your energy is somewhat exesive.
oh and use heavy inq boots.

g0rt
04-12-03, 19:51
Hmmm interesting setup there.

I'd say your energy is somewhat exesive.
oh and use heavy inq boots.

Heavy inq boots? Thats so...2002. Holy shelter boots is where its at no question. They give as much energy as a piece of duranit2 armor, PLUS give 7 xray, 7 fire. And we all know between skill and armor PEs have enough force and piercing resists.

But I do agree with the overdose of energy resist, I would get xray and fire up a bit and lower that energy by a tad. Err, a lot.

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 19:54
it depends on your setup
I get a better overall resists with the heavy inq boots

Possessed
04-12-03, 19:54
use INQ 2 helm, PE PA, medium energ belt, inq 2 pants, and holy shelter boots. Reduce your energy a bit. this also allows you to use a exp reflex booster 4, which frees up some dex points for more pc.

Also, its not how much damage you take... its how many bursts you take... as pvp damage goes down as health goes down.

Jest
04-12-03, 20:13
Haha man my resists used to be good but Ive gotten lazy as of late. Back when I was pure low tech and spent hours on my setup they were pretty damn good but now after several instances of LoMing I think they probably suck. This thread makes me want to do some testing tonight. :p

No one can phase the all poking op hacking laserpistol PE. RAR!!!

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 21:57
Originally posted by Possessed
use INQ 2 helm, PE PA, medium energ belt, inq 2 pants, and holy shelter boots. Reduce your energy a bit. this also allows you to use a exp reflex booster 4, which frees up some dex points for more pc.

Also, its not how much damage you take... its how many bursts you take... as pvp damage goes down as health goes down.

Bugger, pressed wrong button O_o post ur setup Kyle, go on, you know its ub3r :p

@ retr0n - you got the basic principle of reducing primary damage (energy)

@ QD - off the mark for who? your.. *tries to think of how Kay described them..* oh "newb resists". Why not go back to the test server, and test them some more, we all know its there for your personal usage only :rolleyes: but sure, I'll get the numbers for you, i'll serve them up with humble pie, you need some for your ego - oh, and my resists are my own, though Kyle has offered me his resist setup.

@ DJ - No, your resists dont need to be equal, but some things need to be greater than others, and like I said, for all except APU/LowTech, the primary damage is Energy, if you can reduce that to the minimal, then you can work on secondary damage. And yes, 70% win's without drugs, try it, you'll find you dont actually need drugs to win in the end, in fact, if I took drugs, I *know* I'd loose, because I'd run too god damn fast (cant fight 1st person anymore, i zoom around)

Oath
04-12-03, 22:05
Dribble, speak to me ingame and ill help you out, but tbh, speak to dJingo, one of t3h greatestest pe's evar lol

Glok
04-12-03, 22:06
Damn that skillmanager. I got so involved in working on my PE, I ended up spending 2 hours at it. Now I have a headache. At least I worked out the kinks in my PE though. (don't say anything QD...) :p:lol:

QuantumDelta
05-12-03, 01:00
lmfao, lexx.

Kayleigh after speaking to her for a while, and watching her level her hybrid I'm starting to think is no where near as good as I believed.
Newb resists no.
My resists are as good as they get period.
There is infact only one way to improve my CS defence without drugging, and I don't use that, simply because it's a liability for non-duel combat.
Period. ;)

Ark
05-12-03, 02:06
battle of the ego's :lol:

QuantumDelta
05-12-03, 03:02
Originally posted by Ark
battle of the ego's :lol: "Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called 'Ego'."
- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

Shakari
05-12-03, 03:05
lmfao, lexx.

Kayleigh after speaking to her for a while, and watching her level her hybrid I'm starting to think is no where near as good as I believed.
Newb resists no.
My resists are as good as they get period.
There is infact only one way to improve my CS defence without drugging, and I don't use that, simply because it's a liability for non-duel combat.
Period. ;)

good as they get lmao arrogance or what :D prove u can't get em better :D

post ur setup :D or as they say put-up or shut-up :D

Dribble Joy
05-12-03, 03:09
You ask QD to post his setup?
Like that will happen O_o

Resists take off a percentage of damage that is inflicted.
Thus if you sacrifice xray/fire for energy, while you will take less energy dmg, you will recieve more from the others.
Surely?

Glok
05-12-03, 03:24
What is the damage on a modded CS again? Something like 60% energy, 40% fire/xray. So having the correct proportion of energy, fire, and xray, with more energy than the other 2 will reduce damage. Unless of course you hit the magical 200 armor limit, which I doubt anyone with balanced resists can do. Then there are the damn monks with their pure damage spells. Gah. Makes my silly head spin.

Oh and QD, there is always something better, even you have said that. :)

Dribble Joy
05-12-03, 03:27
Well, if the dmg split is not 50/50 then yeah.. more energy would help, how much on the other hand is another matter.

mmm symaltaneous equations, yummeh

*gets out paper n pencil.

QuantumDelta
05-12-03, 03:29
I wont ever post my personal setups.
Wait 'til christmas though... :)

Heh, as usual, lexx IS talking out his ass.
Kayleigh IMed me, pissed off that I slagged her off, which...was....mostly based on observations of performance in a PSI 60 Hybrid, and Lexx's comment (which I admit is mildly unfair and not something I usually do, but....stupidity, eg; Lexx incarnate, pisses me off).

She told me what she changed in my setup....now I gotta laugh.

Lexx, you actually just proved arguing with morons can make any man look moronic.

I should've talked to her when I saw the quote, because what she told me makes me want to laugh at you, of course the egg's on my face for not checking first.

I'm done.
If NC gets it's christmas present or not, I dunno.
Some SSC are most certainly enjoying it.

Heh, Glok, wise words, I should probably try to remember that...

-=Blasehase=-
05-12-03, 03:46
Originally posted by Furion
the skillmanager should be here (home.pages.at/smoker/skillmanager-2003-11-03.exe) , if its not just search for a guy called -=blasehase=- cuz he has it in his sig....

not only in his sig... hes the programmer ;)

to the setups...

hum... i found a better for PE ;)

the setups posted here have ALL too low HLT

Shadow Dancer
05-12-03, 03:48
thanks for the program blase, it kicks ass.

-=Blasehase=-
05-12-03, 03:51
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
thanks for the program blase, it kicks ass.

thx m8... its nice to see that it will be used by someone, so the hours i spend on it wherent useless

Oath
05-12-03, 03:53
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
thx m8... its nice to see that it will be used by someone, so the hours i spend on it wherent useless

Deffo not a waste dude, its been almost invaluable to me recently :D problem is, some of the psi spells dont register on the stats,,,,,,,,

nm eh GREAT WORK :D

oh, and me and dJingo SEX JOO

or as he'd say SEX jOO

Dribble Joy
05-12-03, 04:00
Originally posted by Oath
[B]problem is, some of the psi spells dont register on the stats,,,,,,,,

when you select a spell, press ok then open the psi box again, then press OK, it should work then. Needs to be told twice :P

-=Blasehase=-
05-12-03, 04:01
Originally posted by Oath
Deffo not a waste dude, its been almost invaluable to me recently :D problem is, some of the psi spells dont register on the stats,,,,,,,,

nm eh GREAT WORK :D

oh, and me and dJingo SEX JOO

or as he'd say SEX jOO

its only a bug in the display-function... havent found it yet

just repeat the call and then should work register

but wtf who r u ingame? 1 of DJs bitches?

Oath
05-12-03, 04:05
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
its only a bug in the display-function... havent found it yet

just repeat the call and then should work register

but wtf who r u ingame? 1 of DJs bitches?

LOL, no im not, im a mate of his :lol:

And thanks for the info

Netphreak
05-12-03, 04:07
Well i downloaded skill manager appears to be a different one to what i had anyways lets see what you make of my possible setup for my pistol pe i might try this con setup on my rifle pe as if any of you know me i never got round to sortting out a decent con setup for him:
http://mysite.freeserve.com/netphreak/skills_setup_for_pistol_pe.JPG

Hopefully that imagine will load from there had to register to use 'MY' webspace o_O :wtf:

edit: Sorry bout the size of that image forgot to edit it but using paint is a pain.:p

Dribble Joy
05-12-03, 04:30
O_o

That setup is criminal.
adv heart?
no moveon?
nor a ppr?
moto 3?
gamma CHEST!!!!!!

98 fire
103 energy
94 xray

Holy fuck, you must fold like a soggy tissue.

Jest
05-12-03, 04:55
Haha I need to pay more attention to my setup. I got lazy for a while there, only had 80 fire resist. :p That explains a lot. Any way I'll post my setup later, personally I really like it. It's not cookie cutter and that's what I like about it. I will purposefully choose a worse setup rather than use the same one every one else has. :p

QuantumDelta
05-12-03, 05:00
Keep workin on it Net, you'll get there ;)

Piece of advice though, avoid the moto's and mindconts...

edit;
and no one.....
and i mean no one.........
should ever, ever, even remotely, consider using deflector belts.
EVER.
Do I make myself clear people?!

disclaimer;

Doesn't apply to APUs :p

Dribble Joy
05-12-03, 05:01
Yeah.

erm... sorry if I wasd rude, but it was a shock to see that thing... :D no offence.

-=Blasehase=-
05-12-03, 05:03
Keep workin on it Net, you'll get there ;)

Piece of advice though, avoid the moto's and mindconts...

edit;
and no one.....
and i mean no one.........
should ever, ever, even remotely, consider using deflector belts.
EVER.
Do I make myself clear people?!

disclaimer;

Doesn't apply to APUs :p

yeah... the bug that u cant burn with it where fixed a looooooooooong time ago...

Jest
05-12-03, 05:13
Yeah.

erm... sorry if I wasd rude, but it was a shock to see that thing... :D no offence. Haha Netphreak != Jest. Yoru right his setup needs a major overhaul, but hopefully he learned something from this thread.

KimmyG
05-12-03, 05:13
I wont ever post my personal setups.

When enter'ed into the PC it is

http://server4.uploadit.org/files/041203-0008.jpg

QuantumDelta
05-12-03, 05:31
Please.
You don't even contribute, even remotely to the thread, apart from one pointless image.
I begin to see what the people who ask me "why are you even still allowed to post" mean, when they talk about you.

KimmyG
05-12-03, 05:33
Please.
You don't even contribute, even remotely to the thread, apart from one pointless image.
I begin to see what the people who ask me "why are you even still allowed to post" mean, when they talk about you.

Lol gimme a break little joke and your in an uproar

High self esteem is the winning ticket

Dribble Joy
05-12-03, 05:34
Both of you need a bucket of cold water over your heads.

Stay on topic :D

KimmyG
05-12-03, 05:37
Ok here is some advice everyone go for the big impress there buddy's I take this from a CS just cause it is low doesn't mean your ubar.

How fast are you moving?

If you take so low how many times can you take that low hit?

And follow the senors QD may know a fair ammount but I wouldn't listen to what he shares.

Plus you can spend 300 hours on test sever like some and perfect your and gloat about it. Or you can spend 100 hours on it and 200 hours practiceing and fair better.

I have fought people with there godly setup's and almost won close fights hairlineshit. Then I have fought good fighters with good setups that have destroyed me faster than anything else.

Anyway just use this it is win http://neocron.ems.ru/resist.html

Shakari
05-12-03, 06:01
You ask QD to post his setup?
Like that will happen O_o

Resists take off a percentage of damage that is inflicted.
Thus if you sacrifice xray/fire for energy, while you will take less energy dmg, you will recieve more from the others.
Surely?

I don't expect him to, because i know he won't don't really know why if he is as skillfull as he makes out there would be nothing to fear from other ppl knowing his setup, pity there is no proof of his uber resists smells a little hyprocritical to me

bit like be saying my cars far better than yours but i won't show u a pic of it or tell u what make or model :D there would only be my word but no proof :D

KimmyG
05-12-03, 06:10
Like I said there are those who win by a hairline because of hours of calculation, and those who win cause of pure skill. Then those who get 3 buds and gank 1 man and win :p

Varaem
05-12-03, 08:26
I heard somewhere sometime that PE PA resists don't work, and neither do gamma bones... that true?

If it is, it would explain why my setup takes like 60 from a CS, but is almost identical to QD's...

wait, never mind... no moveon/ppr. heh.

Question still stands though.

Lexxuk
05-12-03, 15:25
Originally posted by KimmyG
Ok here is some advice everyone go for the big impress there buddy's I take this from a CS just cause it is low doesn't mean your ubar.

How fast are you moving?

If you take so low how many times can you take that low hit?[/url]

From an X-Ray CS, I take 60ish dmg (head) from a Fire CS, I take 60ish dmg (head). My run speed is fast enough to cause Pistol PE's a lot of trouble to target me (even with that silly ray gun). I could I guess get a better shelter, and take less damage, but I'm quite happy with 60.

I didnt get a chance to see how many bursts required to kill me with a CS though, but against a Pistol PE with the funny Ray Gun, I can win (capped PE usin it), would have won more, but he took too long and by buffs ran out at the start during the last fight, still almost won that one too.

If i lommed to HighTech, I'd still have the same run speed, but be able to use a capped damage ROG instead, so would win 1 vs 1 a lot more, but I just cant stop using the gatlin rifle, its too much fun, though maybe lomming and using an EPR would be sexy :D

@ QD - thank's for giving much needed comic relief on Pluto, you'll be amazed at how much nicer the place is with everyone laughing (at you) as for Kay, well, she's not played a hybrid before, she's used to a PPU, whilst PPU'ing for her on Uranus last night, that shows quite well. Oh, and on her previous setup, she never lost, till she tried your's.

Varaem
05-12-03, 15:39
I don't have trouble targetting you, lexxuk. O_o

and my rolh is at 160% damage because I use stealth 2... so it seems weak. :D

Lexxuk
05-12-03, 15:43
Originally posted by Varaem
I don't have trouble targetting you, lexxuk. O_o

and my rolh is at 160% damage because I use stealth 2... so it seems weak. :D

thats coz Killer was shooting my legs out, so I couldnt move :rolleyes: its ok though, I went over to TH a bit later, and killed lots of people for u ;) That and you ran away when I came to kill u :rolleyes:

Varaem
05-12-03, 15:47
? I ran away from you? When was that? :confused:

I only run away when its like 3-5 people vs. me. Or I don't feel like shooting stuff.

Lexxuk
05-12-03, 16:29
at FN I came back, shot you, you ran away and stealthed :p

QuantumDelta
05-12-03, 17:09
Like I said, after talking to her, as usual lexx, you're fulla shit.
What she changed? - Was exactly what I told her she might have had to have changed.

My setups are *FOR ME* They most likely wont work as well for other people they are designed for MY computer, not other peoples.

She changed exactly what I told her to change and now she is happy with the setup.

So you lose again :p

Kimmy ~ Well done, speed is my weakness, but I don't even try to skill for speed (75/76 typically) because I get 10 FPS in a typical duel.

my 90/90 is equal to most peoples 70/70 so I don't really even want to try to compete like that.

Your skill is something you fight with, you're working with your setup and machine against another player, and his setup, and his machine.

I fight against my machine, the other player, his setup and his machine, with my setup.

It's a fucker, but it has led to my PE having *one* of the best defences in neocron with very little you can do to improve it (little loming here, one implant change, one spell change, if you're not allowed to use drugs).
It's led to my understanding this game a great deal more than Lexx does.
Especially considering some of the comments in this thread show just how little infact he does understand this stuff.

Most of my setups are designed to take a hit and keep on ticking because I know full well it is extremely unlikely that I will be able to dodge a significant amount of firepower if I skilled the runspeed at an acceptable/marginal loss of resists or HLT, or weapon attack power.

Therefore...the only thing..........only......thing kayleigh changed, was that she put a movement controller in instead of PPR and runs several times faster for a resist hit.

Wish I could do that, but I can't, now she said she was happy with that setup.

She didn't call it newbish, or wrong, at all.

Arguing with morons is futile, they drag you down to their (low ass) level and beat you where they're more experienced.

60 damage?
lol...people like fang, kramer, vett, myself, xantor and more, people like this would cry if they took 60 from a CS full head burst.

it's insulting to think you're anywhere near worth our level of fighting.
You most obviously need to go back and work on that setup son.

Fafnir
05-12-03, 17:57
Please do not let this thread turn into a flamefest.

Fafnir...

Oath
05-12-03, 18:10
well................. i know......... a lot about resists..............but...........my problem is that i fukin suck with pistols........

Skill > resists...........but they help

A lot of you here say your uber 1337 !!!111oenoen, and youve turned into nothing more than 'omfg cs ticklers meeeeeee!Oenoen' test server sexxorz, who cares about cs, there are very FEW good tanks left alive now, cs is too shitty anyway *to test against *due to the shite aiming*

I dont see it, all i see is ego massaging, put your money where your mouth is and PROVE it, and like faf said, dont be dickwads about it either.

I dont care, nor does anyone else about anyone 1337 2 dmg form CS setup, unless its PROVEN and can be WITNESSED then your BOTH just sounding like tits.

as a tank, i just borked my resists, wich sucks, but i still win fights, conclusion, skill > resists.

[TgR]KILLER
05-12-03, 18:15
Well like some already said.. a con / resist setup aint based on how many CS bursts u can take.. well it might if u can't move.. but some ppl want more speed so they don't have to take alot of hits..

anyway..

i don't take alot of CS bursts.. but i'm pretty fast.. not ub3r fast but good fast.. anyway a good setup takes time.. a long time.. but in the end when u don't die when a spy looks @ u its all worth it :D

Or standing @ a GR waiting to click out because you are on your own fighting a hybrid who shocked and para'd u.. and nobody is comming to help.. standing there @ the GR.. with a hybrid spamming a halo on u and doing 5 / 10 dmg :p that is ub3r.. still remove the shocks :'( without that i would have won.. almost killed her 3 times but couldn't run after her when she went to heal because of the shock :/

Netphreak
05-12-03, 18:41
Well i thought i would give it a go using that program seens pretty good although it does appear to let you place any item or imp no matter whats its requirement is...o_O
And may i point out my rifle pe has alot worse setup than that. he has about:
19 natual fire resist
50 natural xray resist
69 natural energy resist
That in CON of course before imps and armor.

But he's not all that bad in pvp. Dribble Joy and i have tested against each other in neofrag a few times for a laugh and although DJ usually wins that isn't totally due to the damage i take more the fact i can't hit DJ (a major gimpage in my current dex setup).
You can't say that setup i made in the skillmanager is total crap cos it gives a good balnce between Fire, Energy and xray, and for me the main reason it means you dont have to use drugs.

But i will admit its not my ideal setup:
SF
balistic 3
dist comp 3
is my prefered which leaves the last imp slot open.

I just tied to balnce the resists well getting dex as close as possible to ROHL and with no SA as its a bitch to get.
And maintain good AGL keep ATH at 75 soft runspeed cap.
Having a health base of 55 comes from setting up a spy but thought it might work for pe too.

@DJ: you said about using gamma chest i dont see any problem with that actually i dont need the extra force ,pierce and END it gives that much. But freeing up some CON points or boosting xray sure why not.

And incase you are a junky you can always gimp yourself using all dex imps to use the Slasher. A weapon not to be under estimated. I was surprised to see how effective a pe could be with one. Can't wait to try it out myself :rolleyes:

Gonna setup NC so i can try things out on the TS that should help alot as atm lvl'n and lomin etc. is just a pain :o just to find its useless :p o_O

But hey i'll stict to your adive QD and keeping working on a better setup.

Also DJ is the Judge worth using or should i not bother with it?
Still undecided about wether to go for ROHL or stick to good ole' Libby and blacksun or even better a DOY raypistol if they ever make it to reatail. :wtf:

Oath
05-12-03, 19:12
Judge = wank, its sheeeeeit

Elric
05-12-03, 19:20
Judge is cool

Green blobs roxxor my boxxors. O_o :D

Lexxuk
05-12-03, 20:00
Like I said, after talking to her, as usual lexx, you're fulla shit.
What she changed? - Was exactly what I told her she might have had to have changed.

that before or after you put her on block? fulla shit? your an idiot who KNOWS your setup is so crap you DARE NOT post it, because you know everyone will laugh at you. oh, and your an idiot too.

My setups are *FOR ME* They most likely wont work as well for other people they are designed for MY computer, not other peoples.

because they suck.

She changed exactly what I told her to change and now she is happy with the setup.
[/quote

really? which is why she would play her PPU or Spy instead of her PE?

[quote]
So you lose again :p

lose what? I'm not the guy lookin like a total prick here, Ive posted my stats and settings down for everyone to look over, you've just said how your stats are totally shit. That makes *YOU* the loser. k.thx.

It's a fucker, but it has led to my PE having *one* of the best defences in neocron with very little you can do to improve it (little loming here, one implant change, one spell change, if you're not allowed to use drugs).
It's led to my understanding this game a great deal more than Lexx does.
Especially considering some of the comments in this thread show just how little infact he does understand this stuff.

Again, prove it, you wont, because your stats are totally and utterly rubbish, i've seen you in Neofrag remember, as a low level, and, you totally sucked then, the damage you were taking, from a non rare weapon, i'd be ashamed to take from a rare.

Arguing with morons is futile, they drag you down to their (low ass) level and beat you where they're more experienced.

your right, arguing with you is futile, you dont have the intelligence to realise, you suck

60 damage?
lol...people like fang, kramer, vett, myself, xantor and more, people like this would cry if they took 60 from a CS full head burst.

Seeing as how PvP is percentage based, and not damaged based, you've just shown what a complete newb you are, you have no idea how much a second hit would have done, no idea about the stats on the shelter, no idea how many bursts it would take to have killed me. Like I said "OMG, I TAKE 44 FROM A CURSED SOUL OMG OMG CUM CUM, WOT? YA, I GOT 88 HEALTH" n00b.

it's insulting to think you're anywhere near worth our level of fighting.
You most obviously need to go back and work on that setup son.

I'm no where near your level of fighting, i'm several levels above you, k, thanks, learn, bye.

@ Oath - Was two Tanks, who can back me up, X-Ray was from Remus, Fire was from Tupac :)

Oath
05-12-03, 20:28
@ Oath - Was two Tanks, who can back me up, X-Ray was from Remus, Fire was from Tupac :)

WINNAH!!!!!!

Psycho_Soldier
05-12-03, 20:47
I am warning you all now. I've never played a PE before. I've mainly only played a Tank. I thought I would at least try and make a setup for a PE and see what you guys thought anyway. So don't laugh... :p

And this character planner seems a bit bugged too, and I probably made some miscalculations with picking armor. Took me about 30 mins to make this setup so I am expecting something to be seriously wrong, if there isn't then I will truely be surprised. Keep in mind this setup is using 2 drugs, Destrosol Forte and Whiteflash. I used 2 drugs because it seems thats what most PE's use (2 drugs), I've also met quite a few to use 3 or more, so I don't feel too bad for using 2 drugs for this setup.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sjenkin693/images/setup.PNG

Chaplin
05-12-03, 22:31
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
I thought I would at least try and make a setup for a PE and see what you guys thought anyway. So don't laugh... :p

Well indeed i had a hard time not to laugh... Are you SURE about the special science CPU ?? ;)

Psycho_Soldier
05-12-03, 22:50
Originally posted by Chaplin
Well indeed i had a hard time not to laugh... Are you SURE about the special science CPU ?? ;)

Heh, I meant SF of course... doh!. Ill edit that heh.

Lexxuk
06-12-03, 00:34
your ath is too low on that setup, you'd run like a pig in treacle. try to balance your fire/xray resists a bit more btw, means that you are less able to die from one type of damage over another. Your weakness would be xray, so uranium pe's/cs/lib etc. would do more dmg than phos/fire.

and your right, it does look bugged, your endurance "should" be higher than that, about 50 something.

Psycho_Soldier
06-12-03, 00:44
My xray is just fine... trust me ;)

Test it if you dont believe me. Also my agility in that setup as you can see is 105, I am hoping that would equal to about 70 ATL 95 AGL... most likely not, but I could probably easily add in 10 more ath and sacrafice very little in resist, but I think that would be better put into HLT instead of ATL.

retr0n
06-12-03, 01:44
ok i've posted a setup before for a blacksun only PE but this is for
a lowtech (stealth sucks anyway) PE / Libby only

http://www.invertedmotion.com/temp/pe_setup_libbyonly_buffed.jpg

there is one thing wrong though and it's the health, it's actually
350 but the basic resist2 somehow didn't get in this time :/

i use a PA2 so i'm still able to cast blessed def without taking it off
the main resist is obviously nrg with fire/xray equal as secondary
poison does suffer but i have drugs on me in QB all the time

self buffed with basic resist2 / blessed def. / shelter / pistol1
don't use any drugs basicly because i don't like it :) but i guess i
could take some drugs to boost my ath a bit for the extra bit of speed

this is a pure pvp (pepper style) setup
feel free to point out what's wrong...

//Radium

QuantumDelta
06-12-03, 02:27
I'll keep it short.
To the point.

Lexx's setup as he displayed earlier;
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptquantumdelta/Lexxs%20Setup.jpg
I'll admit right now, I didn't look over the setup when he first posted it, I pretty quickly dismissed him when he said "low-tech rifle" because low-tech PEs are *SIMPLE* to configure.

However, when I looked the setup over, it's actually not all that bad.
It has one or two big problems, mainly the xray malus, also the PSI configuration, but, it's not that bad.
He did pretty well considering.

This setup;
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptquantumdelta/QDs%20Setup.jpg
Is actually VERY Close to one of my six month old configurations.
Obviously, these days my setup IS better, but it's actually not so much better that they're non-competition.
This is a run-speed tweaked version of the version that could take 18 CS bursts with one drug. (The resists are significantly weaker).

I think, the numbers, speak for themselves, okay noob?

Oh yea, both are fully buffed, and lexx told a little tatle tale - while he didn't have a resist buff or drugs on (true) he had RC1 / Spy 1 on which made my figures a little off during comparisons first time :p

Psycho Killa
06-12-03, 02:31
Double post...

Psycho Killa
06-12-03, 02:31
Lexxuk psssttt

PPU Damage: 0.65(65%) PPU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) APU

QuantumDelta
06-12-03, 02:33
PK Pointing out the error in lexx's PSI ;)
Even if you aren't going to drug to PSI 40 your PSI should be 75 PPW.

If you are 100% determind not to drug to PSI 40, then you can drop your MST from 50 to 43 like lexx has his (...with armor on...) and dump the 7 spare points into PPW.

PPU 75, PPW 29 is THE best PE PSI Configuration you can have for Shelter for a non-PSI Implant using PE.

Lexxuk
06-12-03, 03:06
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Lexxuk psssttt

PPU Damage: 0.65(65%) PPU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) APU

I just go for better spells, got to upgrade my shelter soon. Before, i did have 75 PPU, but I lommed it out to the old levels, they feel more comfortable to me :) Its like old shoes, newer ones come along, but nothing beats ur old ones for comfort.

btw, the skill manager is wrong, only marginally, but that margin can result in missing/added percentages, and you put my PPU in incorrectly.

KramerTheWeird
06-12-03, 03:07
Yes I tested this, the ratio gives you the highest % in damage for the psi modules you can use, without PSI implants, however the lack of a strong psi pool can be a factor for people.

Glok
06-12-03, 03:14
Here is an interesting RoG PE I designed (might use this if I give up repair... and might change the PSI skills). Kinda a fast combat PE (no prep time). No drugs at all. (shit, was playing with imps and the BA3 is in there instead of the moveon... ah well)

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/8/fastcombatPE.jpg

Of course... I would need MC5 campage to do this... :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
06-12-03, 03:33
btw, the skill manager is wrong, only marginally, but that margin can result in missing/added percentages, and you put my PPU in incorrectly.

Oops shit, force of habit my bad :p

The Percentage range of the Shelter/Deflector spells isn't effected by the PPU/PPW if that's what you mean, as for the % Resistance discrepancies on their own, they're not really much of a problem.
Like I said about ems.ru, it's a good guideline, even if it isn't perfect.

This, is based on ems.ru.

Lexxuk
06-12-03, 03:38
no, i mean the data output of the skill manager itself is marginally incorrect.

Glok
06-12-03, 04:08
No comment on my speedy rifle PE eh? Bah.

(If there is a serious mistake -not the BA3- please point it out.)

KramerTheWeird
06-12-03, 04:27
151 r-c is nowhere near enough to cap a RoG, and the frequency will be in the 70's. It would be more efficient to use a Pain Easer and lom T-C down to 80, you may be able to cap damage on it with that much weapon lore.

Glok
06-12-03, 04:32
I know. I have 155 RC with my current PE. I think I get 90ish frequency, and damage is capped (160 with RC 1). And yeah, low tech with an easer would kick serious ass with that setup. :) It's just I love the RoG so much. Bah. Tis just a seriously experimental setup anyways. How do you like the con setup?

Oh yeah, I really need to make a setup without that stoopid MC5 chip. I will never get one....

Netphreak
06-12-03, 04:54
If you capped damage on your RoG then you must be using a barrel modded one. You need r-c 170 to cap a RoG's damage without a barrel mod on it. Also even at that lvl of r-c you will only get about 83/min freq. I guess maybe you got lucky with an Arti RoG with good slots. :p

Also your Ath is way too low for a rifle pe when you draw you weapon it would be like drawning a bloody TPC on your pe. :rolleyes: O_o

guessing at my rifle pe's setup is something like:
r-c 165
t-c 82
agl 69

thats before buffs with no drugs or PA.

But its still slow i need a agl boost!

Glok
06-12-03, 04:56
Did you see the agility I have specced in that setup? :p

KramerTheWeird
06-12-03, 08:04
120% stat damage, 170 r-c is the mininum with 150-160 wep to cap damage. Barrel mod means nothing, it just brings the damage up to 120% usually.

You have 179 points of runspeed, and that doesn't mean it'll be 90/89, it usually loses efficiency as you spend more points in agiltiy or athletics instead of putting them even. It could be equivilant to 80/80 but I'm not too sure. 96/96 is about as much as you need to lose the rifle speed reduction.

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 08:10
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
it usually loses efficiency as you spend more points in agiltiy or athletics instead of putting them even.

Yup

Which is why I don't do the 30 ath/120 agility BS alot of monks do. I always notice I run faster with high ath/120 agility.

g0rt
06-12-03, 08:24
Yup

Which is why I don't do the 30 ath/120 agility BS alot of monks do. I always notice I run faster with high ath/120 agility.

tested on test

150 agility runs exactly the same as 75 ath 75 agility

or if it slowers its absolutely unnoticable to the human player

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 08:30
Originally posted by g0rt
tested on test

150 agility runs exactly the same as 75 ath 75 agility

or if it slowers its absolutely unnoticable to the human player

Actually, i'm also including strafe speed, which is important to me as well. Were you just running straight forward?

iainy13
06-12-03, 08:33
Ive had a RoG PE for a long time. Ive been told by lots of people i have a realy good con setup. RoG is decent on rof. I need to use whiteflash until i can get an mc5 though. Im completely capped. This is all with no buffs and armour on.

imps

experimental balistics 3
photo resistor
special forces cpu
distance wep 3
all gamma bones
r-c eye 3
exp reflex 4
strength heart 2

strengh 57

resist force 119
transport 81

Intel 66

hacking 70
psi use 70
wep lore 125

dex 97

rifle combat 173
hightech 82
agility 73

PSI 32

ppu 75
psi power 29
mst 37

con 68

athletics 65
body health 60
endurance 21
resist fire 65
resist energy 65
resist x-ray 90

armour

inq 2 helm
r-c pa 3
med energy belt
inq 2
holy shelter boots

I also use a thunderstorm wich is rly good for first hit pp fights. My rank is from 68/68 to 72/70. 94 rof with rog with no buffs. 98 self buffed. cap dmg course on a 120 all stats rog. I dont feel like adding it up but all resists exept poison are around 150-160 give or take a few. The endurance is becouse i dont like using stam boosters in battlemuch so i fig i might aswell put some extra points in it as it wont make any diff if i put the extra points in say energy. 294 hp unbuffed with 100 psi power and 120 stamina. Normaly i wouldent share this but im taking another break from nc :) i think i take from 40 to little under 60 dmg from a cs unbuffed with i think it was x-heat. But i pretty much get the same for x-ray modded anyways. I think i could prob use stealth 2 with SA and a little tweakign aswell.

oh and ignore the bad grammer and spelling mistakes plz.

oh ya and thats with a dmg capped cs with all shots hitting.

oh ya one more thing i could lom the hacking to wep lroe ive just been lazy lately. used 2 hack warbots easy.

g0rt
06-12-03, 08:46
Actually, i'm also including strafe speed, which is important to me as well. Were you just running straight forward?

Ran a few test, ya some strait forward, a few zone crosses with stam boosters (timed of course), and a few duels where we switched players..aka i did the 75/75 a few times then the 0/150 a few times

couldn't tell a diff...at all...

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 08:48
Originally posted by g0rt
Ran a few test, ya some strait forward, a few zone crosses with stam boosters (timed of course), and a few duels where we switched players..aka i did the 75/75 a few times then the 0/150 a few times

couldn't tell a diff...at all...

Oh man, I gotta test that out. :p

g0rt
06-12-03, 08:52
Oh man, I gotta test that out. :p

Worth testing it out :p

But I do agree with you...high numbers is the win.

I have all my dex in agility on my monk, yet i still like to keep 50 base ath in con...plus the bone and reflex1 giving me a tasty 56 athletics :p

Shadow Dancer
06-12-03, 09:09
yup, people often underestimate speed. It's soooooooo useful to run like the wind.