PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcer and Soullight

Flea
04-12-03, 04:09
Part I

We all know that people who go on killing sprees and wind up with -32 or lower sl ALWAYS throw an LE into their head and go to MB to run missions without a care in the world. The law enforcer was meant to make sure that you obeyed the law, not so you could get clean again so you could disobey the law some more. A simple solution is to make the law enforcer turn red, or be unusable if a person has negitive soullight. If you have negitive soullight you are obviously not obeying the law, and you should not get to have the convienance of the law enforcer.

Part II

People with the law enforcer chip implanted should NOT be able to kill NPC's. Countless times I have found LE players come into faction HQ's to kill the necessary people for the epics, and I can't do a thing about it because they are using the law enforcer. The law enforcer should make it so you do not commit violent acts against anyone except MOBs. A new bonus with the law enforcer could make it so CopBots would never shoot you for any reason whatsoever. There would be absolutly no reason for them to shoot you if you could not attack NPC's and could not have negitive soullight while using it.

Soullight

Recently, when I had barely legal soullight (-16) I was attacked by a neutral person, so I did the natural thing: Fought Back. I killed him and my SL dropped from -16 to -33 from that one kill. My idea to fix this problem is to make it so if you are damaged by 10% (from a non AOE-weapon) by someone who is neutral or allied, you are informed on the lower left (citycom) that you have been attacked by <insert name here>. You are free to attack and kill them with no soullight or loyalty penalty to you. Also If you are hit by an AOE weapon, the person must cause 20% damage to you before you get the option to "forgive" them from damaging you. (a prompt much like the "do you accept team?" window) If you choose not to forgive them, you may attack them without any SL penalty to you. Of course this would be void if you are teamed with the person, and It would work as it does right now.

Thanks for the time to read this thread, the percents and such are just an example of a better system than we have now. Remember to rate the thread. :)

Lexxuk
04-12-03, 04:28
Nice idea's, however, the popup promt would be annoying as heck. In MC5 today, a tank with a Mal, probably caused 500% damage to my char, but heals brought it back up to 100%, if it was constantly going "do you want to forgive" I'd be tempted to scream "NO, BURN MOFO BURN!" then get back to takin down the person I was ppu'ing for (dont ask :p).

Kind of shows there are too many variables for s/l issues, if i had died (again) and not in team, the tank would have taken a s/l hit, simply because he had damaged me.

A possible solution would be a damage recovery ticker. When you are damaged PvP, a ticker starts, if your damaged again before the ticker reaches 0 (say 10 seconds) then ticker will reset to 0, if your health reaches 100%, ticker turns off, if you die during the 10 seconds, person(s) damaging you, recieve s/l hits. This includes damage over time ticks resetting it to 0, and the tick also follows the damager, in that if they zone, and damaged dies before tick 10, he/she gets the soul light hit.