PDA

View Full Version : Faction Counsil.....

SpinZip
04-12-03, 02:20
Can anyone explian the whole Faction Counsillor?

I hear of people wanting votes and wanting the position.

Can any of you explian how to get that position, and what are the reqs/benifits?

bounty
04-12-03, 02:23
Imagine! A sea of endless droms, await all of your sexing needs. That, my friend, is the life of a faction counsilor.

SpinZip
04-12-03, 02:32
HAH! I thought so.....

:wtf:

Jest
04-12-03, 02:34
The position at this point is purely up to the player what to do with it. It gives you no extra powers or anything. (Well except access to the Faction budget, which is like 7.5k a month). And then there is the sea of droms like bounty said.

CarniFlex
04-12-03, 03:39
if youre the FA faction counsellor you are also allowed to run around damage boosting and saying not so nice words to them raiders of tech haven, especially in godmode! :D

And if youre the Tangent faction counsellor youre mostly running around saying hello to people and trying to make em drink more beers than you do.

Dont know the other faction counsellors, except the black dragon one... remember her running in from plaza2 to plaza1 and getting shot by copbots, then telling me "you didnt see anything".. yeah right sucker, got screenie of y0 harr harr.

black dragon faction counsellor (http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/7/shot0085.JPG)

(might add she was probably doing some testing of something i shouldnt involve in anyway but its just fun seeing someone trying to scare me)

its funny we havent seen the FA faction counsellor for awhile now, almost like she vanished from the face of the earth :)
WE DO MISS YOU, YOU BROUGHT LAUGHTER INTO OUR LIFES COME BACK PLZ MISS!!!

VictorKruger
04-12-03, 03:53
Originally posted by CarniFlex
if youre the FA faction counsellor you are also allowed to run around damage boosting and saying not so nice words to them raiders of tech haven, especially in godmode! :D

And if youre the Tangent faction counsellor youre mostly running around saying hello to people and trying to make em drink more beers than you do.

Dont know the other faction counsellors, except the black dragon one... remember her running in from plaza2 to plaza1 and getting shot by copbots, then telling me "you didnt see anything".. yeah right sucker, got screenie of y0 harr harr.

black dragon faction counsellor (http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/7/shot0085.JPG)

(might add she was probably doing some testing of something i shouldnt involve in anyway but its just fun seeing someone trying to scare me)

its funny we havent seen the FA faction counsellor for awhile now, almost like she vanished from the face of the earth :)
WE DO MISS YOU, YOU BROUGHT LAUGHTER INTO OUR LIFES COME BACK PLZ MISS!!!

Oh I met the BD counsellor last week, we had an interesting conversation about Tsunami and BD politics, it was quite facinating.

Although has anyone even seen or heard from Tsunami Counsellor? either the main one or the one just for the Saturn server?

Susan Ivanova
04-12-03, 05:07
Originally posted by VictorKruger
Although has anyone even seen or heard from Tsunami Counsellor? either the main one or the one just for the Saturn server?
Show me an active Tsunami on Saturn and I'll show you their counsellor :)

Trillian
04-12-03, 05:20
Originally posted by SpinZip
Can anyone explian the whole Faction Counsillor?

I hear of people wanting votes and wanting the position.

Can any of you explian how to get that position, and what are the reqs/benifits?

You are thinking of the faction chairperson postion, not the faction counsellor. The faction chairperson gets no "special powers" It is mainly a postion recreated for rp reasons.. the person elected is the head of the faction politics system, like a president.

And the faction counsellors - they are there to help make the game more fun for us, and they do they are 100% rp and some of the coolest ppl I know ingame. I have met and talked to the NeXT, BD, CA, PP, and BT FC's they are all very interesting ppl. Y'all should get to know them. You would like them.

Delloda
04-12-03, 07:12
think the crahn faction counciller has been ganked by CA....never seen her or heard from her. :(

VictorKruger
04-12-03, 07:20
Originally posted by Susan Ivanova
Show me an active Tsunami on Saturn and I'll show you their counsellor :)

*raises hand*

so where and who is the counsellor?

Vincent Starck
04-12-03, 11:21
Originally posted by VictorKruger
so where and who is the counsellor?

Kumiko Mimura is the Tsunami Counsellor, other factions should check this thread:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58227

tuxy
04-12-03, 14:21
Originally posted by CarniFlex

nah the reson the copbots attacked her was because she took out her weapon in plaza , they are only ment to use this power in events so thats why she said u saw nothing :)

VictorKruger
04-12-03, 17:25
Originally posted by Vincent Starck
Kumiko Mimura is the Tsunami Counsellor, other factions should check this thread:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58227

Ok then why have i never seen her? Is the RL person in another country and the timezones are causing us not to see eachother becuase i'm probably asleep while Kumiko is on or what?

I enjoyed RPing with the BD counsellor last week, i wish that i could do the same with Kumiko, as well as the other counsellors. and yes, it's a shock, someone was actually RPing in neocron :p

Dribble Joy
04-12-03, 17:39
CMFC??? omg you exist!!!!!!

hewwo :D

Carinth
04-12-03, 20:15
The Tsunami Counselor is Kumiko Mimura, she's a blond pe. I talked to her on Pluto now and then, most of the time she seemed to be busy on other servers, especialy Saturn. I believe at some point they changed who plays as her, not sure though.

Anyway, back on topic, you guys are all confused : )
There are two systems in the game currently, one is the Faction Counsel, the other is the Faction Counselors.

Faction Counselors are Role Playing Player Characters that are controlled by volunteers. Their official job is to give each faction a sense of identity and encourage the members/clans to act in line with the faction. They also try to bring faction members together, with events and such. For the most part it seems one player ends up having to handle the faction on all four servers, which is a pretty tough task. I believe though they've been trying to recruit more players to share the servers. FC's often pick a normal runner to be their Assistant for each server. The Assistant keeps track of politics as they pertain to their faction on that specific server, so when the FC stops by he can be updated. From what I've seen FC's most often hold faction meetings and try to encourage the players to come up with events. FC's have very limited GM powers to assist them in running these events, if need be they can contact a GM to help out. (BTW I could be totaly wrong on some of this stuff as I'm not a Faction Counselor, I've just talked with lots of them)

The Faction Counsel is, to be blunt, totaly pointless. It was put in as the precursor to a new political system, I suppose. Instead it's left only partialy complete. The Counsel is made up of one high ranking member from each clan in a Faction. Well, each clan in which the leader choose a representative that is. For example on Pluto I nominated myself for the Tsunami Counsel and was actively running against Dark Asmodious (leader of Dark Reapers). Most often the clan leaders just nominate themselves, I'm not sure why you even have to bother nominating since only the leader can do it. Once someone has been nominated, their name will appear on the candidate list for your faction. If you go to the voting section, you can choose disatisfied to say you do not like the current Counsel. If enough people are disatisfied the game will announce an election coming up. Everyone in the faction can vote for one person. The person with most votes will be the Chairman of the Counsel, the others will fill up the remaining seats to form a new Counsel. That is all there is to it, the interface for the Counsel is in cityterm/info/politics/ As to their purpose, exactly what they're supposed to be doing... noone knows except kk. It's just a popularity contest for now. Maybe the counsel will hold special power in the name of their faction, like the ability to boot troublemakers from the Faction. Maybe they'll have access to Faction Funds, who knows.