PDA

View Full Version : Australians G'day Mate!

gizmojack
03-12-03, 16:46
Any recommendations on which Australian universities are good for 3d animation and Programing respectively?

A bit out of the neocron context. But I know you guyz are cool and will help out anyway :cool:

Jesterthegreat
03-12-03, 16:49
i wish i had a cool australian accent... essex boy accent just doesnt cut it as well as that would :lol:

oh and no sorry... although i personally stick [OT] before the thread title if it is a post like this

juvestar15
03-12-03, 17:21
Originally posted by gizmojack
Any recommendations on which Australian universities are good for 3d animation and Programing respectively?

A bit out of the neocron context. But I know you guyz are cool and will help out anyway :cool:

In Melbourne...
Every uni has programming. I suggest doing some sort of engineering one though.

Melbourne Uni - Computer Science
Swinburne - Computer Science/Software engineering
RMIT also would have some.

3d animation and Programming wouldn't be together though. Multimedia courses would have 3d animation but not advanced programming. Where as science/engineering would have advanced programming but not 3d animations.

Games need both, so i suggest you pick one because you will probably find no one programs and does the nice pictures at the same time.

I'm doing Computer Science at Vic Uni, it's ok but not what i expected. It's more about business programming. The main difference between my course and other uni's courses is they do more psyhics and i do more stats. If i had the chance id transfer to Swinburne or Melb uni. Business programs are at the bottom of the list for me.

robdekoning
03-12-03, 23:11
Crocodile Dundee is my uncle :rolleyes:

Beanie McChimp
03-12-03, 23:50
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i wish i had a cool australian accent... essex boy accent just doesnt cut it as well as that would :lol:

oh and no sorry... although i personally stick [OT] before the thread title if it is a post like this
Go to a corner and think about what you said essex boy accent pwns australians just a smuch as we pwned them at rugby:D :D :lol: :lol:

wun
04-12-03, 01:12
pwned??
i don't know much bout rugby, i'm only and import to aussie-stan.....

but makin your way through the tournament soley based on dwarf boys kickin kinda seems a bit of a pussy way to go about things... :p

i kept sayin just a quick tackle round the knee area and snap his leg... and see if england can actually score tries...

anyway back to the (off)topic... i think our education in those kind of things is till behind... i might be wrong but i think griffith in brisbane offers something...

do quick search on google.com.au i just did looking for this private course offered by quanttum (cos i am spelling it wrong) and it came up with a whole host of game programming courses...

Beanie McChimp
04-12-03, 17:49
So we still won so :p

jernau
04-12-03, 17:54
Originally posted by wun
but makin your way through the tournament soley based on dwarf boys kickin kinda seems a bit of a pussy way to go about things... :p

And bitching the whole way through cos you knew you weren't good enough to beat us wasn't rather sad & pathetic? :p