PDA

View Full Version : Droning Questions

Det0x
03-12-03, 06:17
does increased skill in remote control and willpower increase drone HP, defense, speed, and range of the projectiles shot?

about how much do you need in each skill to cap the Particle Nemesis?

Keiron
03-12-03, 06:21
Originally posted by Det0x
does increased skill in remote control and willpower increase drone HP, defense, speed, and range of the projectiles shot?

Remote control and willpower helps the damage (and speed a little I suppose) of drone projectiles. It doesn’t help the range, however it does help the range that they drone can achieve thou. As for capping a P/N? I don't think it’s possible without massive gimp'age, or using a true rare one.

gizmojack
03-12-03, 11:35

Remote control -> 1% damage increase per 1 point

Willpower -> 1% damage increase per 3 points

HP of drones-> Fixed (depends on drone type)

Speed of drones-> Fixed (depends on drone type)

Range of drones
-> Shooting range fixed.
-> Flying of drone range however can increase with more WPW and RCL. Willpower affects flying range greatly.
Remote control affects it only a bit.

Tip: You're gonna want A LOT of RCL.

- Giz
Ancient Droner

Shadow Dancer
03-12-03, 11:40
drones should take on the resists of the droner. That would be 1337

CkVega
03-12-03, 12:18
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
drones should take on the resists of the droner. That would be 1337

Wouldn't that be a bit like my wristwatch taking on my resistance to alcohol :wtf:

Velvet
03-12-03, 14:21

RCL: 205
WPW: 160
PB20 not capped.....:(

craio
03-12-03, 15:25
euh ,somewhere around 210 RCL and WPW i think..
with boost 1 i got 205wpw and 201 rcl and that gives me 171% damage on PN
with boost3 im at about 216 wpw/RCL and cap the punisher

gizmojack
03-12-03, 17:05
Word of advice. Dun bother capping PN.

The diff u get in damage is not worth the HUGE point investment.

On a test done on a capped PN vs a PN with 125% damage attack rating. The differance was only 15-20 damage on a tank which was lvl 50+.

bounty
03-12-03, 17:35
It isn't possible to cap a PN, at least that is what i was told by daphne broon.

Psyco Groupie
03-12-03, 17:56
your all retards, my droner caps PN self buffed .. few more levels and ill cap punisher .. wooopie

hopefully some doy droens will come out that do xray and then you'll see piles of people just like when a ppu isnt around

zonk
03-12-03, 18:07
Wot range do u guys have on BP-made PN and revenge?
Mah 44/44 got 7k range on revenge

Psyco Groupie
03-12-03, 19:24
not tried revenge yet, but ill be capping my droner over xmas holidays .. might make a post then :P

craio
03-12-03, 20:51
Originally posted by zonk
Wot range do u guys have on BP-made PN and revenge?
Mah 44/44 got 7k range on revenge

Revenge : 12k
PN: 30k
my rank :83/63 (int/dex at 96)

Det0x
04-12-03, 00:28
is rate of fire affected by skill?

bounty
04-12-03, 00:52
I'm talking quality cap i think. Not damage... I can only get "better" drones by even the highest constructors.

Ehyuko
04-12-03, 02:55
Firstly:
doy droens will come out that do xray The PN [and PB series I believe] already does Xray damage - but not pure xray.

Rate of fire IS effected by skill, much in a similar way that RCL and WPR effect damage. I believe that RCL effects RoF more then WPR but have not done tests to actually confirm it.

The MAX speed of a drone is set, but drone acceleration and handling are effected by both skill and the quality of the drone.

Gizmo is right, the PN is not worth capping for the sacrifices you have to make for it.

drones should take on the resists of the droner. That would be 1337 While it would be nicer then what we have now [excluding poison damage as most people have very low poison resist], I do not believe it would make much of a difference - after all most droners are spies... and while some spies are difficult to kill often it is because of armour or stealth, after all 40 points in con isn't much to do things with especially as armour does most of the work. Drones also have very low health [you can punch a PN to death in 15-25 seconds], and I assume they also follow mob rules in that they take full damage [compared to the 1/3 damage players take - difficult to judge as you cant see damage done to drones as a number] and do not get the associated damage reduction with lower health remaining again as players do.

Edit: http://www.croncom.com/quality.html

Been a while since I had drones built, quality cap of TL 102 [pb-20] drones is 83%, TL 116 [PN] is 80%. Those are about the only 2 drones that are pvp capable, although I've heard the revenge is *ok* for softening up targets - assuming they are not too far away [farther away gives a target more time to heal/move/decide what to do before your next drone can reach them]. :rolleyes:

Keyol45743241
04-12-03, 04:13
I cap a PN completely with self buff, drive my Reveler and hack ops and all belts I found (or made :p) apart from a single one. How? I won't tell. Don't bother asking, I loathe clone armys of l33t übar skillsetups like it is so apparent with monkehs. :mad:

Besides.... RANGE is your friend. Damage differences are marginal, its the range that differentiates the wannabes from the pros.
I can cover a whole sector from almost every place. That increases the area they need to search for me and that is of utmost importance for your continued survival.
The MAX speed of a drone is set, but drone acceleration and handling are effected by both skill and the quality of the drone. Nobody knows what "handling" does to a drone. And I cannot confirm the "acceleration" increase. Start a Revenge with maximum impairment wich allows you to start one. I feel no difference to one that I start when all values max out.
I've heard the revenge is *ok* for softening up targeForget about the Revenge. For some unknown reason the damage caps at 1/3 of the victims max Hitpoints. Bug or Feature? I dunno... yet. It has *some* PvP value since it is a really really fast and agile scout, that's what I use it for.... quick leap above the hill in front of you to make sure its safe to proceed, then drop it and pick it up on the way.

Another thing is the netcode. You won't hit a moving target with decent efficiency using a Kami. Period. There was a time when a Kami did a lot of damage - it was when Droners hat no ability to talk while droning, about a year ago. :rolleyes: At that time I blew up 5 ppls out of a 9 man group buffing up in front of our op. I came in low and fast, they never knew what hit em. It has been reported that the remaining four survivors still hide in some TG cave under a desk :D:p. But even then, they were immobile, pondering their next move as it seemed... Yes, that was quite a long time ago, EPRs were the pinnacle of combat weaponry and nothing could kill a Monkeh 1 on 1... wait... can it be :wtf::lol:

P.S.: PN/PB Drones do energy/xray damage. Try it on a spy with various belts/PA. Disadvantage gamma bones, advantage popular damage type: fire.

P.P.S.: Revenges are devices to impress others, thats about all at the moment.... you can kill a WBT with one, probably even bigger enemies - if you know the trick. Apart from that... you can find north without a compass.... again - if you know how. There is a lot that sets apart weefle droners and tradeskill-droner hybrids from the experienced ones. But then, most experienced ones already lommed to something else :(:lol:

Det0x
05-12-03, 01:45
do you notice a big difference using a capped PN, rather than one at about 130%?

Keyol45743241
05-12-03, 02:37
sry, can't answer that one, honestly. I'm too overcapped to get the skill down to 130% Damage.

Det0x
05-12-03, 02:38
what if you use a low quality drone?

Keyol45743241
05-12-03, 02:42
There are no low quality PN :rolleyes: The skill needed to built one (tl 116) is enough to build it at a high quality. No sane conster would try to build a tl 116 item with 116 constskill, since its not enough. He'd fail too often.....

JiNxY
05-12-03, 06:47
I cap a PN completely with self buff, drive my Reveler and hack ops and all belts I found (or made ) apart from a single one. How? I won't tell. Don't bother asking

well i will bother asking... how? unless you swap out imps to use your reveler thats impossible to cap an 80% player made PN
even with riggers interface, riggers dream and all the other _good_ rigger implants you can't get 178% dmg
even with self buff,

sooo, theres nothing about a "setup" here, you cant do it.. full stop..

so, how have you done the impossible?

just a thought, if your talking about a character on the test server then yeh it probably will be possible (as droner imps got a small boost)

Ehyuko
05-12-03, 07:19
With ~ 130% damage on a PN you do aproximately 69 damage per shot [207 per burst] to a warbot [80/80], the firing rate is about 66 or 22 bursts per minute. You reach this stat level with ~ 180-190 RCL, 150 WPR using a player made PN [80% quality].

If I remember correctly you do between 75-79 damage a shot with a capped PN [between 225-237 per burst] to a warbot with a RoF of aproximately 100-110 [about 33-36 bursts per minute]. I cannot remember the amount needed to cap a player made PN but it is well over 210 RCL and 160 WPR so good luck getting that level with the ability to do much of anything else [such as stealth, repair or a decent runspeed]. Using a rare built PN with ~ 110% in stats you can get ~ 155% damage with 180 RCL and 150 WPR.

Compare this to a Disruptor 79x3 [237 damage per burst] with a RoF of 210+ [double a CAPPED PN], a Holy Lightning RoF 90+, 250+ dmg a hit, a CS or a Liberator/Blacksun/Executioner, it's fairly apparent that drones are seriously overpowered by other weapon types. :rolleyes:

JustIn_Case
05-12-03, 10:55
Originally posted by Ehyuko
ompare this to a Disruptor 79x3 [237 damage per burst] with a RoF of 210+ [double a CAPPED PN], a Holy Lightning RoF 90+, 250+ dmg a hit, a CS or a Liberator/Blacksun/Executioner, it's fairly apparent that drones are seriously overpowered by other weapon types. :rolleyes:

Well, you cant compare drones with non remote weapons when it comes to damage output. You think an PN should have the same damageoutput as an HL? I rather see drones have a little better armour (the viable ones PB + PN).

gizmojack
05-12-03, 11:16
Originally posted by Keyol45743241

Apart from that... you can find north without a compass.... again - if you know how.

Take note of the position of the sun.

#Another pointer#
You can also have a 2 man droner team stand together.
Follow team arrow back to your body.

Keyol45743241
05-12-03, 15:56
Originally posted by JiNxY
just a thought, if your talking about a character on the test server then yeh it probably will be possible (as droner imps got a small boost) Nope, not the Testserver. When the new, modified imps hit the Street, I can hack even better.... :rolleyes:

And by the way.... just today I found out that I could easily switch my exp reflex 4 for advanced nerves..... with no ill effects (apart from a little slower walkspeed) but with the added bonus of 8 hck and some INT - which somehow helps with hacking, making the grid easier. Might be superstition, tho, but unequiping the armor (remember the INT malus) and munchin some Destrosol/Destrosol forte helps me with the toughest belts :D

And Jinxy, I play Droner since retail start - if you can't do what I can, well...... what should I say.... :( But I give you a hint, I have all the 'expensive' ( :lol: ) Droner imps :rolleyes:

Gizmo: Smart Boi :p:D But real droners should keep their knowledge secret from the prying eyes of the unenlightened, secondary chars or tradeskill/droner hybrids :rolleyes:

JustIn_Case
05-12-03, 16:55
Originally posted by JiNxY
just a thought, if your talking about a character on the test server then yeh it probably will be possible (as droner imps got a small boost)

What is the difference between the retail drone imps and test server droner imps?

Keyol45743241
05-12-03, 17:01
More skill boni for WPW.... and some TRA skill with the SRI/RD. I actually voted for VHC, but they didn't listn :( Which droner needs TRA? I, for example, have all my 40 STR put into TRA, there is no use or gain in resist force....

Shakari
05-12-03, 17:07
Originally posted by Ehyuko
Firstly: The PN [and PB series I believe] already does Xray damage - but not pure xray.

Rate of fire IS effected by skill, much in a similar way that RCL and WPR effect damage. I believe that RCL effects RoF more then WPR but have not done tests to actually confirm it.

The MAX speed of a drone is set, but drone acceleration and handling are effected by both skill and the quality of the drone.

Gizmo is right, the PN is not worth capping for the sacrifices you have to make for it.

While it would be nicer then what we have now [excluding poison damage as most people have very low poison resist], I do not believe it would make much of a difference - after all most droners are spies... and while some spies are difficult to kill often it is because of armour or stealth, after all 40 points in con isn't much to do things with especially as armour does most of the work. Drones also have very low health [you can punch a PN to death in 15-25 seconds], and I assume they also follow mob rules in that they take full damage [compared to the 1/3 damage players take - difficult to judge as you cant see damage done to drones as a number] and do not get the associated damage reduction with lower health remaining again as players do.

Edit: http://www.croncom.com/quality.html

Been a while since I had drones built, quality cap of TL 102 [pb-20] drones is 83%, TL 116 [PN] is 80%. Those are about the only 2 drones that are pvp capable, although I've heard the revenge is *ok* for softening up targets - assuming they are not too far away [farther away gives a target more time to heal/move/decide what to do before your next drone can reach them]. :rolleyes:

the BP and BP have quite a bit of armour the PN has at least a third more armour than the PB20 drone!!... and i have had ppl try it i can not punch a pb 20 drone to death on 20 seconds let alone a PN all pumching does is annoy the droner lol

JiNxY
05-12-03, 18:31
lol so you have the 'expensive' droner imps, i know you play on jupi so do you guys have some imps we dont or something?

Keyol45743241
05-12-03, 18:48
Err... no.

A friend of mine plays a droner on Pluto, she (as the only person I'd even remotely dare to tell her what I use) has a similar setup I have on Jupiter.

BlackPrince
05-12-03, 19:02
Heh.

Is it the same setup Gaudhand used to use? I had that before I LoM'd my droner, and could cap just about everything (that was before PNs and Revenge's came out though).

Spikadelia
05-12-03, 21:14
Cap your runner by ploughing nearly all your DEX into RCL for combat effectiveness and you only need put 100 into WPW keep the rest in a trade skill you enjoy.......... then use RG 1000's in the GRAVE.

Then advance to straight to Tylors, do not pass go, do not collect 200 Necron Credits and LoM it all to somthing useful and enjoyable...... Rifle for Distance, Pistol for Whites of the Eyes stuff

You could hold your breath waiting for the promised changes to the gimps and bugs for the Droner.

I gave up and am levelling.... A Monkey :(

JiNxY
05-12-03, 22:06
look heres a screenshot,

ploughing everything into RCL doesnt cap PN.
i seriously dont see how you guys are doing it...

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/8/Image1.jpg

Keyol45743241
05-12-03, 23:26
Err? Willpower? How about that? Whaddaya think a droner is? A tradeskillwh0re with perfect firepower (for its class :rolleyes: ) without taking losses under the INT section of skills :wtf:

Ehyuko
06-12-03, 02:47
the BP and BP have quite a bit of armour the PN has at least a third more armour than the PB20 drone!!... and i have had ppl try it i can not punch a pb 20 drone to death on 20 seconds let alone a PN all pumching does is annoy the droner lol Believe what you want, I've had PN drones blow in under 30 seconds from punching alone [from a ppu monk no less], it's repeatable, I suggest you try it again. Also drones do not seem to have armour, just more health for the higher TL drones.

Well, you cant compare drones with non remote weapons when it comes to damage output. You think an PN should have the same damageoutput as an HL? I rather see drones have a little better armour (the viable ones PB + PN).

Well what should they be compared to? In case you've forgotten drones are also a weapon type - easily comparable to rifles [long range attack] and other weapon types in various ways. Remote weapon or not, losing a drone is very similar to dying in game in that you get SI and lose an item, if you lose 5 drones congratulations you've just simulated losing a 15k item and recieving 20% SI, basicly the same problem as a non-remote weapon user dying [plus more as TL 116 items are not easy to research or make... or to find people who can and will make them for you]. Over and over people reply that "because drones are remote weapons they should suck", mainly when I hear that I get extremely frustrated because they are actually saying,"drones suck now and should always suck so I can have someone that's easy to deal with", not, "drones are underpowered for a reason - here's why... These are the droners advantages..."

In fact I feel drones should OVERpower rifles/pistols, etc. mainly because:

a) Drones are weak [in health/armour/range] VERY similar to an apu, however even apus have far better armour, health, hugely greater RoF, damage per shot AND a longer lasting weapon.

b) A droner droning is completely defenseless, thus he or she must deal with ALL enemies before they can get close to the droner in order to survive. While droning range does help, more often then not it is VERY easy for a target to survive the first few shots from a drone [even if they have low health] and heal/seek shelter/zone. EVERY other class has something to allow them to deal with enemies in differing circumstances AND overpower drones, while drones are only useful at long range and in specific circumstances and weaker then everything else.

I love droning, but as everyone in this community can see, drones are the least effective weapon type and the most time consuming to play. Every op fight I've been to that involved a droner since I've lomed to rifles, the droner was my first planned target - because they are the most easy to kill and since they are so ineffective, they either never recieve a rez or if they do I tie up a ppu by constantly coming back and killing them over and over and over.

The most simple proof drones are ineffective and costly is the droner population. Many people have rerolled to monks as they are the most effective pvp class at the moment, conversely droners have the lowest percentage of the player base because they are the least effective, and not just weak in the "heh, easy target" sense, but weak in the "haha, I feel sorry for that guy" sense.

Keyol45743241
06-12-03, 03:28
Drones have 'armor values'.
At least a kind of: Poison does little to zero damage, energy the most. How this adds up to a real "armor value" in the sense of resistances + worn armor, i can't say. Just remember that you not only heal when you right klick, you also receive less damage - so if you can *feel* the netcode, it could be advisable to start regenerating before the HLs strike.

JiNxY
06-12-03, 04:41
lol im not a tradeskiller, i have about 80 hack and 10 psi thats it o_O

however, in conclusion, to the original question...
it takes far too much skill to cap our PvP weapon, and each point invested doesnt make enough difference.

i hope callash's secret plan for drones is to unfuck them.

Keyol45743241
06-12-03, 04:53
i hope callash's secret plan for drones is to unfuck them:lol:

You can do with less hack (especially if you take my hint with the Advanced Nervers 3 to heart :rolleyes: ), it still suffices for Ops - but then, if you suck at the minigame, that's not my fault :rolleyes: .....and... psi? :wtf:? That one you gotta explain.... :lol:

I stopped carrying heal/deflector/basic resist2 alltogether, just spy1 and dronecombat1. For levling, maybe.... yeah. But for pvp? What good is a heal going to be? Or a deflector? Apart from being a large sign, shouting:
DRONER BE HERE
Apart from the fact that you can't cast anything, only medkits help while sitting on a hover. Which is where you should be, when not droning. And if someone compromises your hiding place, you're done for anyways :rolleyes:

P.S.: A hint for all the low and midlevel droners: Carry your own Drone Combat Buff 3 (in the safeslot as it is easily the most expensive item you can drop) since only a few PPUs carry it with their standard spells.