PDA

View Full Version : Allowing PPUs to replace previous buffs

shodanjr_gr
03-12-03, 00:08
After seeing in another thread that most people think of Tl3 Healing or Noob Shelter/Deflecting PPUs as lame tactics, i thought i should ask this:

Should PPUs be able to "overwrite" buffs and spells cast on them?? Ex. Someone wants to kill me real bad, so he tl3 heals me. Should i be able to cast Holy Heal over the tl3 heal i already got running on me??

Discuss...

Psyco Groupie
03-12-03, 00:13
yeah its only logical a greater buff would overlay a crap one ...

Shadow Dancer
03-12-03, 00:40
PPUs should have a quick spell to debuff themselves.

I do think n00b buffing should be a tactic, then this "tactic" can be used to undo it.

Spectra260
03-12-03, 00:42
i think it depends...

its hard enough to kill a skilled PPU as it is..even with tl3 healing and everything...most of the OP battles ive been in that we basically won consisted of 20 minutes running around the OP trying to kill cryptochronic before he rezzes his whole team...

its just dumb...

Scikar
03-12-03, 00:45
Considering PPUs are hard enough to kill as it is, without TL3 heal, I vote no. If PPUs are willing to make a sacrifice to compensate, then I vote yes.

[TgR]KILLER
03-12-03, 00:46
NO! or u make TL 3 heal overwrite holy heal.. that would be fun ^^

Prodigious
03-12-03, 00:47
give them the "overwrite" ability and remove all paralysis spells as the sacrifice

:D

Scikar
03-12-03, 00:49
Paralysis spells should be removed already. And giving them up from PPUs isn't a sacrifice, if anything it's going to make PPUs more powerful.

EDIT: Bah posted before the smiley loaded. :p

Shadow Dancer
03-12-03, 00:54
Scikar is right. If paralysis was taken out, ppus would be a hell of alot harder to kill.

I can't believe I actually wanted ppus to get run/casting in exchange for no paralysis. That's like true invincibility. :rolleyes:

Xian
03-12-03, 01:00
I agree with Shadow in saying that if this were implemented, PPUs should have some sort of quick debuff spell.

Duder
03-12-03, 01:02
If PPUs are ready to sacrifice abit defense for that, fine, but guess what, most PPUs just want to take a piece and eat the whole goddam cake.

Scikar
03-12-03, 01:06
Originally posted by Duder
If PPUs are ready to sacrifice abit defense for that, fine, but guess what, most PPUs just want to take a piece and eat the whole goddam cake.

And paraspam the guy who gave it to them while calling him a n00b because he can't kill them. :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
03-12-03, 01:07
Mwahahaha, yes more anti-ppu followers. Dance puppets dance...........

petek480
03-12-03, 01:13
I vote yes and all the people that voted no you have any other reason othen then you can't kill ppus without them even though tl 3 heal and other noob spells were never meant to kill anyone?

Duder
03-12-03, 01:14
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Mwahahaha, yes more anti-ppu followers. Dance puppets dance...........

you cant touch this....
http://upload.houseboat-racing.biz/files/hammer.gif

Scikar
03-12-03, 01:16
Originally posted by petek480
I vote yes and all the people that voted no you have any other reason othen then you can't kill ppus without them even though tl 3 heal and other noob spells were never meant to kill anyone?

It's no different to "BUT IT MAKES SENSE!!!!oneoneoneone"

EDIT: Skipping words makes me hard to understand. :p

ezza
03-12-03, 01:18
i voted no cos i think its funny when those cocky bastards who think there God get a shitty heal and deflector cast on them and suddenly collapse like normaly players would

Duder
03-12-03, 01:20
Originally posted by ezza
i voted no cos i think its funny when those cocky bastards who think there God get a shitty heal and deflector cast on them and suddenly collapse like normaly players would

Yeah same, Tl 3 heal on PPUs is the comedy option to making ppus run.

Its not as the heal lasts that long for it to be a real killer.....

ghandisfury
03-12-03, 01:34
TL3 heal makes sense......it's a fun tactic, and "escapable" by a descent PPU (let's face it a PPU by nature is descent). The problem I have is the fact that myself with an APU can easily kill a very good PPU by simply replacing his shelter with a shit one.

TL3 heal is fine by me, but some people have become so good at noob buffing it's an imposibility to survive.

Scikar is right. If paralysis was taken out, ppus would be a hell of alot harder to kill.

I can't believe I actually wanted ppus to get run/casting in exchange for no paralysis. That's like true invincibility. :rolleyes:

Ah, so I get it now, it's OK for people to spam para on PPUs (because they're hard to kill) but it's shite when it's cast on "the common folk":p I think that's crap.

PPUs should get runcast, or something else in return for the removal of parashock (if not only to replace a commonly used rare). However, I'ld give up PPU PA to get rid of the god forsaken spell.

Scikar
03-12-03, 01:40
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Ah, so I get it now, it's OK for people to spam para on PPUs (because they're hard to kill) but it's shite when it's cast on "the common folk":p I think that's crap.

PPUs should get runcast, or something else in return for the removal of parashock (if not only to replace a commonly used rare). However, I'ld give up PPU PA to get rid of the god forsaken spell.

That wasn't really my point. Overwriting TL3 heal is like taking away antibuff - it increases the survival of PPUs. Removing parashock doesn't balance this by decreasing the survival of PPUs. We already know that parashock is not necessary to PPU defence, thus giving it up is little sacrifice. IF ANYTHING, it makes them harder to kill, because you can't parashock them, but with Holy Antiparalyze and Cath Sanctum that's pretty much a non-issue anyway.

I think if PPUs want runcast, then they should sacrifice 50% of shelter and deflector. It's give and take, the whole PPU situation is annoying but just about bearable atm, and so far there hasn't been a truly workable idea. But it's fairly obvious that if we overwrite TL3 heal, then PPUs will be getting something for nothing, which can only make them overpowered. If it were not to make them overpowered, then they must be underpowered to begin with. Is any PPU going to stand here and claim to be underpowered?

Shadow Dancer
03-12-03, 01:43
Originally posted by ghandisfury

PPUs should get runcast, or something else in return for the removal of parashock

I disagree. They should have never gotten parashock in the first place. That's like Tanks getting a cannon that kills in one hit, OBVIOUSLY it would have to be nerfed, and if they replied "we should get something in return" that would be silly IMO.

No parashock+runcast = near impossible to kill a good PPU

And that = LAME!

:angel:

Psycho Killa
03-12-03, 02:57
I can't believe I actually wanted ppus to get run/casting in exchange for no paralysis.

Who said they cant runcast already?

Shadow Dancer
03-12-03, 02:59
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

I'm talking about real FULL run/casting of their spells.

Scikar
03-12-03, 03:00
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

Well, you can't runcast any spell with 52/min RoF and 576% damage if you have capped runspeed and run stright forwards, which is my definition of runcasting. You can walk a little bit to do it, but technically it's not really runcasting. How does increased RoF to make runcasting easier sounds?

Psycho Killa
03-12-03, 03:00
I can basicaly runcast holy heal. (I cant run straight forward but i can keep away from people as needed.)

Shelter and deflector i barely have to stutter.

Now if your talking sanctums and the longer spells being runcasted that would be insane.

Yea i think i have 100+ agility
And like 35 in athletics.

I cant runcast by your definition but im moving at full speed i just bounce back and forth.

Scikar
03-12-03, 03:01
But do you have capped runspeed?

Keiron
03-12-03, 03:32
I vote yes, if a good way to kill PPU's is introduced. However since that is not the case at the moment, my vote goes to no. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm sick as a dog and going to go get some more sleep.

LVirus
03-12-03, 08:54
Yes please, give us ability to override lower spell with higher one. Not only heal but buffs too.

And while your at it, make that recasting buff makes buff timer go back to full rather than you have to wait it wear off. Almost all games that got "buffs" does it like that :)

Menolak
03-12-03, 09:01
NO
why? simple because a ppu will be able to overide is own spell then.
then he will have to wait just before his spell finished so he will be able to buff himself over and over without the (sometime short) period of time where he is without buff. Or it will give hm the advantage of never cast it to fast so he wont end-up by mistake with no buff.

petek480
03-12-03, 09:04
Originally posted by Menolak
NO
why? simple because a ppu will be able to overide is own spell then.
then he will have to wait just before his spell finished so he will be able to buff himself over and over without the (sometime short) period of time where he is without buff. Or it will give hm the advantage of never cast it to fast so he wont end-up by mistake with no buff.
Well thats easy to fix. You just make it so it can only override lower tl spells. So if someone has a blessed s/d/h on him he can override it with holy s/d/h, but he can't if he already got holy s/d/h on.

SovKhan
03-12-03, 09:14
^ or just make it so the time isnt reset on the spell so that it simply turns that buff into the higher buff with the same timelimit on the spell....

Nvidia
03-12-03, 09:18
There needs to be a way for ALL classes to punch through/get rid of PPUs shields.

Until then, a solid no from me on allowing PPUs to overrun low-TL buffs.

I haven't had the opportunity to noob buff yet, But I can't wait for the first wise-ass PPU that attempts to paraspam my low-tech spy to death when he's by himself (If you get what I mean :angel: )

Archeus
03-12-03, 09:44
With regards to a self debuff spell. I'd like it if casting the same spell again on yourself causes the decay timer to kick in.

So I could do something like...

I have Buff X that is blocking Buff Y from being self cast. So I cast the same type of buff and it starts the decay timer. After that I can cast Buff X on.

This would apply to crappy low level buffs and give a slight timer in the case of crap heals/shields where the other team can hurt the PPU.

Candaman
03-12-03, 12:36
Since when does everyone think that Noob buffing consists sole-y of tl3 heal that is nothing if ur a good ppu a tl3 is no problem its the 5 minute long tl8 shelter that the enemy ppu cast's on u and on everyone u rez which should not be allowed

shodanjr_gr
03-12-03, 13:38
Originally posted by Scikar
Considering PPUs are hard enough to kill as it is, without TL3 heal, I vote no. If PPUs are willing to make a sacrifice to compensate, then I vote yes.

I am willing to sacrifice my parashock (which DOES overpower me and ruins PvP) if i am to overwrite previous buffs.

shodanjr_gr
03-12-03, 13:41
Originally posted by Duder
Yeah same, Tl 3 heal on PPUs is the comedy option to making ppus run.

Its not as the heal lasts that long for it to be a real killer.....

TL3 heal aint THAT much of a problem, the real problem (for me at least) is noob shielding. In the midst of an OP war i find it kinda difficult to keep my holy shields up when a spy or PE is entrusted with the assignment to CONSTANTLY noob shielding me.

BTW what would be the proper to sacrifice that PPus should do IF they were to be able to overwrite spells.

reddog
03-12-03, 13:59
The parashock should have been removed since ages. Tho the reasoning they are hard to kill is utter shite. They have to be hard to kill surival is the only thing they should be able to do. What do you want kill em without fear. yeah rite. thats just as lame as a ppu paraspamming. PPU need to be hard to kill (read almost impossible) tho at the moment the are really charged they should not be able to buff others. if they focus only on their own they should be able to survive 3 -4 man charging em thats the price you get for not being able to even scratch your opponent. I think overwriting the noob shields should be possible and is logic.
think about it the PPU has more PSI power than a fucking tank or PE.

ohh well think they will never be happy to please everybody.

El_MUERkO
03-12-03, 14:04
If PPUS can overlay their own buffs then they'll never go down unless you debuff them which means you need a monk to kill a monk and Monkocron continues.

Maybe if heals could be overlayed but not resist boosts, shelters or deflectors.