PDA

View Full Version : The bestest lamest of tactics ever

Ivory
02-12-03, 17:32
Right, no flaming certain clans, no flaming anyone about this give me your top 5 lamest tactics that u have witnessed/done. I r bored thats why i started this topic. I dont care if these are exploits/ bugs in the game.... these are unfair advantages in the game so i just want to know outta curiousity what they are.

1. Someone pushing ur body to a box or next to a wall so its difficult to get a rez.

2. the sexy tl3 heal

3. Dedicated noob buff0rs

Soz i can only of think 3 right now.. but i want 5 from you lot.

Ivory
02-12-03, 17:34
damn my post doesnt make sense in the begining.... so ignore some parts that i said lol :confused:

evs
02-12-03, 17:37
1. me tl3'ing a ppu
2. me tl9 defl sancting a ppu
3. me getting my self shot with a low tl shock so i cant get hp'd in 1st min of an op war
4. me running pointblank into an enemy ppu so he accidentally heals me in an op war
5. me using holy multi lg bolt on my apu in pvp so the enemy cant see :P

tbh im just a lamer

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 17:41
Originally posted by evs
4. me running pointblank into an enemy ppu so he accidentally heals me in an op war
LMFAO :lol:

5. me using holy multi lg bolt on my apu in pvp so the enemy cant see :P

aha... nice :D

Ivory
02-12-03, 17:42
me running pointblank into an enemy ppu so he accidentally heals me in an op war

you obviously must have been blind that day lol j/k

Candaman
02-12-03, 17:46
i have holy buffed lots of enemy's thnx to too many people around me and stoopid 3rd person mode but its not as bad as Sephyria rezzing the wrong side in a op fite :P

Stigmata
02-12-03, 17:48
Trading a psi reister 2 for a SA
Trading a psi resister 2 for a herc and 5 slot RoG

i did not do these btw

superfresh
02-12-03, 17:49
Had a friend (tank) who got attacked by a high level APU/PPU team. The PPU still took it upon himself to keep opening trade on the tank while the APU zapped him (he had just come from the plaz). Keep your trade closed when in combat areas ;)

Flyl
02-12-03, 17:56
1. Driving a tank over a dead PPU's corpse at an op war so they can't be ressurected.

2. Noob level heal group'ing a group of PPU's and then launching a series of Revenge drones at them.

3. Parrashock barrel'ing the wrong team in MC5's main room.

4. People standing directly behind me while I cast damage boost, parashock, etc (I use third person mode)

5. PPU's not understanding "Holy group shelter::PPUS MOVE OUT" and then bitching because they got foreign shelters.

-- I know that its top 5 but what the hell --

6. Running behind copbots when people open fire on you in Pepper Park (makes a change to running to Plaza 3 though surly ^^)

7. Pushing people from safe zones into hostile zones while they're AFK and resskilling all their stuff off them

(I've never done most of these... just 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 :P)

Mumblyfish
02-12-03, 17:59
MY H-SCROLL! IT HURTS!

What the fuck did you do, assflag? Murdah!

(Hint: Fix the sig ;))

Lamest thing I ever did ever? Finding out how PPU vendors work to get the same high-slotted lvl3 boosters over and over. I suck.

Balthasar
02-12-03, 18:06
1. covering a corpse with loot to prevent rezz
2. using low TL buffs on your enemy
3. looting teambelts
4. hiding inside the genrep
5. hiding behind NPCs
6. abusing the LE chip
7. opening trade / inviting to team

dbomb
02-12-03, 18:11
not used anymore but the freezer pistol than kill was a pretty lame tactic imo

evs
02-12-03, 18:12
What the fuck did you do, assflag? Murdah!

lmao :D

also - why is everyone starting to quote that on their signatures these days?

(and if anyone's confused - its from an absolutely awesome film called human traffic)

still preferred the quote

the emprorer tries to control outer space. whilst yoda tries to explore inner space. That is the fundemental distance between the light and dark sides of the force

also - the guy moff says that too is the fella now starring in the tv series coupling which is piss funny.

ah british comedy, can't beat it :)

Carinth
02-12-03, 18:25
1) Just me, a Tank, and an APU against two clans worth of runners attacking us.... And us winning : )

2) After a long and hard battle, watching in dismay as the one ppu that managed to run away comes back and has ressurected half of their team.

3) MC5... nuff said

4) When a clan outnumbers us, brings twice as many ppu's at least, calls in another clan to help out, And uses turrets.

5) People who think that war is magicly somehow confined to certain areas. For example, a clan attacks us at an op and thus becomes one of our enemies. When we see members of said clan elsewhere, we will attack them as hostiles. We are then refered to as pk'rs and such.

6) Dying soley because of a synch/crash is the worst ever. Then realizing you dropped a 5 slotted holy heal... and having your enemies gloat over it.. Yea fun times.

CarniFlex
02-12-03, 18:42
1.Using 3rd view as a monk to take out a 120/120 mob

2. ordering the murder of 4 crahnlings who was just on their way to a swamp cave run during a opwar. And then telling the enemy did it so they did declare war on our enemies.

3. During a mc5 run... with le in... asking a friend to hack a enemy clans op cause they where there and getting more damage on the base commander so we didnt get the loot.

4. and the usual putting tl3 heal or shitty shelter on enemy ppu's to make em cry.

5. Ninja hack every op I could with a few friends cause the enemy was offline...

shodanjr_gr
02-12-03, 18:45
Originally posted by CarniFlex
3. During a mc5 run... with le in... asking a friend to hack a enemy clans op cause they where there and getting more damage on the base commander so we didnt get the loot.

OMFG INGENIUS!!

Flyl
02-12-03, 18:52

LOL

::scribbles that one down::

^_-

alig
02-12-03, 19:02

LoL i did that:)

1) being a ppu

2) using basic stuff on enemy's

3) uranus

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - exploiting ]

5) kk

/edit, thats 6 :o, nc has alot of lame things

MayhemMike
02-12-03, 19:02
When i pk at MB with my PE i use 3 slot Freezer pistol and 5 slot dmg boost, i think thats pretty lame =P

Mirco
02-12-03, 19:03
Hey I heared someone say that a pinfire gun can abort a ppu ressing. Is this true?

If so my tl3 heal has found a new buddy.

alig
02-12-03, 19:04
Originally posted by Mirco
Hey I heared someone say that a pinfire gun can abort a ppu ressing. Is this true?

LoL...yeah it probably can, it knocks u pretty far each shot

*writes note*

Cliffraiser
02-12-03, 19:17
Stun turrets...

Carinth
02-12-03, 19:31

If you move the ppu far enough while he is ressurecting, then the spell will fizzle. We're allowed a small amount of movement, which is why most ppu's run up and crouch right by a corpse. The pinfire, holy parashock ball, and holy energy ball each pack quite a bit of punch. You can use these to push a corpse, or push the ppu trying to rez. In my experience ressurect is too fast for this to work though. Maybe with the next patch it'll work better : )

Magnazan
02-12-03, 20:23
Turrets in the UG
Using the pinfire nail gun

Nidhogg
02-12-03, 20:28
No more exploits on this thread. Anyone caught exploiting will be banned, so advertising the fact that you use them on the official forums is not really a good idea.

N

Phlith
02-12-03, 20:29
noob buffing
using a nailgun to stop a ppu from rezzing

thats it afaik... for now anyway... :P

CarniFlex
02-12-03, 20:30
forgot bout the nailgun...

would be my nr6..

6. Handing out 20 nailguns to clanmates and allies after discovering it can disrupt a ppu rezz.

/edit did magnazan do anything that could be called exploiting? IM CHOCKED! He always been one of those nice guys... :p /

Original monk
02-12-03, 20:38
the dirtyest technique i seen lately is only practisised by 1 clan on saturn atm (dunno on other servers), i presume that the clanmembers know who im talking about :)

it involves them new kami-hybrids:

youre standing with youre ppumonk at the entrance of PP1, where the 2 copbots are. suddenly you see a yellow ressurectionlike spell being casted: a button switches into youre head: ANTISHELTER EEEEK !!!!!!, but you stay chill and wait whats going to happen, suddenly you see youre shelter being removed ... but a split second (about 0,5 sec) later there's back another shelter: a sheltersanctum !!!, so witouth you even noticing practically they removed youre shelter and replaced it with a lowerlevelshelter where you get HL- or energybeamed after ... (in this example i zoned away and let me be antibuffed again by a friend, to replace the shitshelter) :P

i know its mentioned before: but not with the antisheltertechnique togheter ...

is it dirty ? hell yes
is it nice ? hell yes, it requires nice skills: ya need to be close to youre opponent for the sheltersanctum to work directly, but you also need to use the antishelter as "hidden" as possible, so it aint easy and the target can always zone/run away if he see's the antishelter, but as soon youre antisheltered youre contaminated with noobshelter so ya better be extra carefull :)
it all sounds easy but wait till youre in the middle of PP1 and have to do it, not that easy ya know .. ya gotta have eyes on youre back for it :/ as soon as i got myself a decent hybrid again i gonna try it out hehe

but this is the dirtiest ive seen lately, lately people arent that innovative anymore when they need to kill PPu's ... or any other class ...

when i think of a dirtier one ill post it :)

Carinth
02-12-03, 23:00
People have been tryin to find sketchy ways to kill monks forever. The first I recall was pe's casting psi shield on the monk. This was effectively a game over card for the victim. If they're smart and realize what happened, the best they can do is run away and hide until the spell goes out. I can recall a funny fight in which we had 2 tanks and me(hybrid) vs tank, pe, hybrid. The hybrid and I kept psi shielding each other the first chance we got, so we spent most of the fight sitting outside the zone growling at each other. Fortuanetly they've fixed psi shield to be self cast only.

TL 3 Heals were the next to come up, taking advantage of the fact that spells do not overide other spells. If you cast a Crahn Heal on a PPU, then the ppu's Holy Heal is useless until your heal wears off. I don't mind this one at all, because I can counter it. I usualy end up having holy heal sanctum going, which amplifies even the pitiful crahn heal to a do a decent amount of healing. Also the spell wears off fairly quickly so it's possible for me to run it off.

Crahn Shelter and Deflector are much more devistating, without our holy shelter/deflector we die quite fast. This is balanced by the fact that you have to time it just right when a ppu's shelter goes down. I've had this done to me by a PPU/APU team. Debuffed, noob sheltered, and then pounded into the ground with HL. No fun, but it didn't happen that often.

Random Noob Buffs are just plain irritating. When a spy runs up to you and casts drone combat boost 1, that's just mean! You can either commit suicide and be ressurected or just wait it off, which will be quite a while.

Using sanctums is prolly the newest technique and is totaly evil. This is verging on the unbalanced side, I'd say. A ppu caught in this trap has no chance, the sanctum prevents anyone from casting shelter or deflector dependin on the sanctum. All I can think of is to run your arse off. The sanctum only has a moderate range, if you can get out of it long enough for the mini deflector to wear off, you can happily put your defenses back up. Of course they can just debuff you again when they catch up... since we can't runcast. The safest thing to do is prolly just run away whenever you see the evil glowing yellow disco ball.

Scikar
02-12-03, 23:04
Using Holy Shelter and Deflector Sanctum to prevent being antibuffed.

Stealthing as a PE. :D

Stealth dropping turrets.

Killing one turret at an OP with an APU, then GRing away. Come back later and kill another. Repeat until hack room is accessible. Log hacker spy, hack one layer and stealth out. Repeat continuously because you have nothing better to do. :p

Not possible now, but using a Reveler Chaincraft in combination with a stupidly powerful PC to go at the speed of light up sheer cliffs, use in combination with firing occasionally at enemies, but drive away as soon as even a droner spy comes near. o_O

Disturbed021
02-12-03, 23:11
the low level shelter/deflector/heal for killing PPUs is pretty lame but damned effective. The clan I was in would only resort to that if we had been fighting a PPU for a long while. Gotta give them the chance to gr out once they see all their buddies are dead. If not then suck on this lowbie shelter and we'll help you pick a gr to go to.

Certain clans hoping out of the underground stealth-dropping turrets was pretty damn lame.

shodanjr_gr
02-12-03, 23:16

Also it can be used to disrupt APU holy antibuff casting :-)

The lamest tactics for me:
a)TL3 Healing PPUs
b)Noob-Shielding PPUs
c)TL3 Healing PPUs
d)Droping turrets while stealthed
e)Did i mention TL3 Healing PPUs???

Rade
02-12-03, 23:17
1. Playing a PPU.

Shadow Dancer
02-12-03, 23:17
Casting poison on someone right before they GR. :p

Originally posted by Rade
1. Playing a PPU.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spectra260
02-12-03, 23:24
i would say these

and ive done them all too;)

parking a rhino over peoples body's so they cant get rezzed...mainly PPU's

using a shock spell or flame avalaunch to push a persons body either to hide it, or make it unable for them to get rezzed...

tl 3 heal, on anyone...

and this one which i have never done...but i played against a clan that did it to us, i gto screenies too:rolleyes:

anyways, it was at chester i think, and they had a bunch of monkehs up at the entrance by the GR, actually there whole team was up there...the monks wer ein 3rd person and shooting over that ledge to where they could target us in the middle of the quad but we couldnt target them...

pretty cheap...after i started shouting in local chat that im taking screens of them doing it they stoped:D

Keiron
02-12-03, 23:24
Originally posted by Ivory
[B]1. Someone pushing ur body to a box or next to a wall so its difficult to get a rez.
I'm still trying to get a answer from KK about if that one is legal or not. Personally, I find it invaluable in op wars (also, stun turret + dead pody push is nice). However its not something I would risk getting banned over.

Rade
02-12-03, 23:36
Can someone explain to me the part about why the rhino move is
an exploit?

Argh! cheatorz, I cant magically heal my friend!!

Thats right. He is lying under A FUCKING TANK.

shodanjr_gr
02-12-03, 23:41
an exploit?

For me its an exploit because the problem lies not on the actual lack of Line of Sight to the target but instead to a bug in the targeting subroutines of the game. Furthermore, since dead bodies are still solid it wouldnt be realisticaly possible to push them INTO things. They would just stop when they hit em. But it seems that there is no German word for clipping detection :P

Mirco
02-12-03, 23:47
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
For me its an exploit because the problem lies not on the actual lack of Line of Sight to the target but instead to a bug in the targeting subroutines of the game. Furthermore, since dead bodies are still solid it wouldnt be realisticaly possible to push them INTO things. They would just stop when they hit em. But it seems that there is no German word for clipping detection :P

Erm you are driving over the person dude. He should be crushed into the ground under the tank. Not the tank moves into him. The way it is now its a bit weird, but the endresult is "realistic". You dont wanna be brought back to life under a tank anyways.

Spectra260
02-12-03, 23:49
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr

so....you think its an exploit because theres a tank on your friend and you cant rez?

whats so unrealistic about a tank running someone over, making it impossible for a medic to get to them and patch them up so they live?

plus, how are you saying theres a bug in the targeting system because u cant target someone under a tank? its a fucking tank...if its ontop of you your friends shouldnt even be able to fucking see you...
IMO it should be incouraged more often so there are more vehicles at fights...

Varaem
02-12-03, 23:51
1) parashock ball/holy parashock ball.

all you need in life!

Use it before an op war so no one can be glued for about 35 seconds.
Use it to annoy people.
Use it to push people off of ledges and into holes (like tech haven...)
Use it to push dead bodies and PPUs. I've pushed bodies like.. half way across a zone while waiting for the enemy to attack again.
Use it to kill noobs who just GR'd and have like 50 hp (you won't kill anyone else with this POS spell).
Use it to... waste mana?

2) using a GOOD parashock on dead bodies. That's gotta be the most annoying thing when you're dead and all you can do is look around, then someone parashocks you and your "looking speed" is like halved. :mad:

Magnazan
02-12-03, 23:58
Originally posted by Nidhogg
No more exploits on this thread. Anyone caught exploiting will be banned, so advertising the fact that you use them on the official forums is not really a good idea.

N

Onoz! I've seen worse, and btw i didn't say i did those things ;)

Rith
02-12-03, 23:59
using a TL3 heal as a weapon in PP...

basically healing enemies and annoying them

while they're trying to kill you move near a copbot... *blam* dead enemy killed by TL3 heal + 1 or 2 copbot bursts :)

only thing that spoils this are PPUs and their shit arsed wanker breathed HP

R

Kopaka
03-12-03, 00:03
5 lamest things done to me... or i did myself

1)opening trade in a 2 on 1 fight, 1 APU opening trade, other anti buffing me...

2)tank's tl3 heal on me... got killed cuz tanks dont get over 100 % of their heals or something... (if i get tl3 healed, id prefer PE's heal, they are capped tho)

3)getting ripped off cuz i needed a psi def 2 real bad (paid ROG for it, cuz i had around 12 of those)

4)getting drunk and going with my TG PPU to MB ... to help noobs lvl there... (lack of RP)

5)still drunk putting a SA in some clan app, then next day i thought i was stolen

shodanjr_gr
03-12-03, 00:04
Erm you are driving over the person dude. He should be crushed into the ground under the tank. Not the tank moves into him. The way it is now its a bit weird, but the endresult is "realistic". You dont wanna be brought back to life under a tank anyways.

No!!!!Wasnt reffering to the tank-over-dead-body thingy (just realized i quoted wrongly!!). But instead to pushing bodies into walls, boxes etc

Carinth
03-12-03, 00:12
Not long after they improved vehicle armor, a clan used them against us quite effectively. They blocked the side entrance to an op, with a rhino and several jeeps. They then hid behind the blockade and would jump up to shoot us, then duck back down. It was a very effective tactic and caught us by suprise, we came back a second time with several anti vehicle rockets and tore up their blockade : D

What makes vehicle use like this shady is that it's not the Rhino that is blocking me, it's how targeting boxes work in Neocron. I could have my cursor over someone's body, but because they're in range of the Rhino's targeting box, I can't target them. There are tons of other instances of this, for example hiding behind a Gene Rep makes you untargetable. Dying inside a box makes you very difficult to ressurect and your belt impossible to hack. This would also be how you can push a corpse into a fence so they can't be targeted anymore. Neocron effectively treats what you see as a 2D landscape of target boxes. It does not allow for objects to be infront of or behind other objects.

Do not even try to compare it to reality, if you drive a Rhino over someone I would imagine there won't be enough left to ressurect even if you wanted too. You are also assuming that Ressurect requires Line of Sight. Nothing I've seen suggests this, you can be standing a good distance away, target/cast and then look away or even walk a lil bit. Why should a Rhino somehow block me from castin my spell?

Rade
03-12-03, 00:22
Originally posted by Carinth
Why should a Rhino somehow block me from castin my spell?

Because you actually do need to see someone to rezz them to
begin with, you cant rezz someone around a corner that you
havent seen yet just because someone tells you theres someone
there. In Neocron "realism" my interpretation is that you look
over someones damage then start patching them up with your
ubarpower heal spell which also throws in some defillibration at
the end :p

Rade
03-12-03, 00:24
Which brings me to the next point, instead of making a special
corpse explosion tool why not just make everyone able to
dismember and hence completely "destroy" the body. To do this
you would need to do say.. two times the victims normal HPs
while they are dead. The victim uses his resists, buffs and heals
just like normal

Varaem
03-12-03, 00:27
No, carinth means that even if a body is NEXT to a rhino, he can't target it to rez. It's not even underneath the rhino, but sitting beside it. But the rhino's hitbox is so big that it engulfs the dead body and makes it untargetable. That should be fixed, at least.

Same thing with having a belt in a box, but its not in the box, but just very close. In reality, you could pick up the belt and walk away, but in NC you can't because the box's hitbox is bigger than it is.

Rade
03-12-03, 00:28
Agree, thats just wrong.

Lethys
03-12-03, 00:29
I don't think moving corpses is an exploit.
In some games (eg Hitman) you can pick up a corpse after you've killed someone and move it. I think that would be cool in NC :D

Rade
03-12-03, 00:35
Originally posted by Lethys
I don't think moving corpses is an exploit.
In some games (eg Hitman) you can pick up a corpse after you've killed someone and move it. I think that would be cool in NC :D

Heh yeah, if I was a real person in the Neocron world and
managed to kill a PPU in a OP war I wouldnt just let the fucker lie
there, Id steal him and stash him where no light shines :D

Duder
03-12-03, 00:38
Id saw his arms and legs, dismember his head so he cant be identified, throw the torso in a lake, and slowly dissolve the arms and legs in industrial acid....but well thats just me.

Carinth
03-12-03, 00:49
*hides*

Yea you're right about that Rade, I suppose objects can interfere with ressurecting. So I'll take that back : ) As Var pointed out the main concern is how hitboxes can swallow objects making them untargetable. The biggest abuse of this is slipping behind a GR and waiting for impair. Next would be dying in a cellar trying to get out, and your belt falls in the boxes. Also theres a trashcan in pp1 that people seem to die around quite often, it's trapped quite a few belts : )

Varaem
03-12-03, 01:29
Oh yeah, that trashcan by the sewer entrance. Hate that thing. I think belts should drop ontop of objects, not in them. Turn on object collision!!!!

G.0.D.
03-12-03, 01:38
Hey my role in clan op wars was to use a low lvl para spell to push to PPU corpses into walls ^_^

Comie
03-12-03, 02:05
using a rhino and several jeeps to block the side entrance of simmons... boy that was an expensive day for me

we had to wait half an hour for the second attack... guess what they were building??

i must admit, made the vehicles a bit special then.... shame no one fears a rhino cominog over the hill... they should ditch the anti vehicle weapons and just let tank (as in the player class) weapons deal damage to vehicles (also vehicles too)....

NeoChick
03-12-03, 04:31
OK mine is nothing dramatic but at least it will not get banned for being 'expoits':

I think what is really lame is

genrep killing
and

after you have cleared an area of nuisance mobs and you get to the main one to kill like the doom a stronger player comes up and goes bang bang and gets the loot, without giving you a chance to finish your kill
When I see somebody is busy killing something, I lay off unless I can see the person needs help

or some PSI standing around a corner nice and safe and waiting for you to clean out the nuisance mobs, then when you get to the Doom, half dead yourself, this PSI steps out at full health and casts his powerful spells and kills off your Doom and gets the loot and when you confront them they say 'what, it is not 'yours' the mobs belong to everybody'

Or the vehicles that come zooming up and taking the mob down that you are busy killing even if there are lots of other mobs around to kill

that really sucks................surely we could have a bit of common courtesy in this game
but I guess kids will be kids and assholes will be assholes

SorkZmok
03-12-03, 04:56
Originally posted by Ivory
1. Someone pushing ur body to a box or next to a wall so its difficult to get a rez.

2. the sexy tl3 heal

I got pushed into the boxes outside of crp once by an apu with a flame avalanche. still my best ppu friend managed to genrep in and rezz me and get both of us out alive. :)

2. Yeah, i love that. You're a ppu? One of those damn "good" ppus who try to rezz their whole team when theres about 10 enemies around INSTANTLY killing everyone you just rezzed? And you still won't give up? Well fuck you, here comes my noob heal. You had the chance to genrep out, but now die, asshole!

Btw imo most of those things actually arent lame, they just become lame cause ppl complain about them. o_O

Psychoninja
03-12-03, 05:06
I'm a synch whore in PP without a PPU :p

I've casted Holy Pest on large groups or people camping in TH or PP...gotten a nice results a few times... :angel:

Futureman
03-12-03, 06:09

Trade hacking

Of course i never did those things, but the fact that they weren't mentioned makes me think that Niddhog edited those two out. Come on, its not like people get banned for it, ive got screenies of it and it has happened to me multiple times.

Candaman
03-12-03, 12:31
playing with ivory in ur team is pretty lame tactics screws me rite up

Phönyx
03-12-03, 12:44
Lamest thing atm you can do is playing totally fair:lol:

Sounds wierd but i am sure you cant beat that:rolleyes:

Original monk
03-12-03, 12:56
you want a lame ass mc5 tactic ???

when youre with 20 people inside, everyone shooting the commy, and you wonna have accesrights for sure ...

you need an apu-ppu team, the ppu shelters and deflects the commander and the apu start poisonbeaming the commander, no-one can do decent damage due to the shelters except the poisonbeam wich bypasses em

Be carefull using this technique: the other people wont like it and will fry you :)

exploit ? i dunno, but it sure is dirty for all other people around you cause they wont have accesrights ....

enjoy playing

CarniFlex
03-12-03, 14:03
storytime

orginal monk reminds me of a funny incident that happend not to long ago. me and 2 ppu's where at mc5 doing the usual farming when 2 enemy faction ppu's comes along. Since we where LE'd nothing much we can do, but they thought it funny to shield the commander and push us around so the guards shot us. Well one of them died in the process also so we had some fun at that. Well thing is, shielding the commander and pushing people around when theyre trying to ressurect is considerd griefing and when the gm saw what these two enemy ppu was trying to do with us LE people, he booted em and warned em. The sad part is that the enemy ppu's came back and used not nice words to describe how we had a gm on our side etc and he couldnt realise why he got in trouble for killing enemy factions, even if they had LE in. Havent heard anything bout shielding mobs being an exploit or not but you could get caught for griefing if you do it to others. FYI.

/edit add a new trick to the cheat others trick, since its allowed to be evil ingame. someone was selling filterhearts2 on trade, when you opend up trade they put filter2 in trade window, and you typed money in, and they removed the filter2 and put a filter1 in trade window and pressed ok. Wont work on people that checks twice.../

Original monk
03-12-03, 14:30
yes carniflex, i have screenies about you yelling the tradechannel for help in mc5 cause you where being harrased or sumthing :)

they better work toghter in mc5 .... instead of working against eachother ...

massic
03-12-03, 14:42
someone sending an allied to you runnner to attack you and be killed by you so they can kill you and not take a soullight hit.

Ivory
03-12-03, 19:37
playing with ivory in ur team is pretty lame tactics screws me rite up

pffffft cannings ur just jealous i r better than u.... :p

SnotNosedBrat
04-12-03, 12:11
1) die, release, return, drop turrets - rinse and repeat: managed to hold back about 8 people doing this until people logged on to come kill em

2) antibuff+shit shelter

3) pushing enemies to faction hq's and rezz killing

4) pushing dead bodies past zone lines, rezzing them so they sycnh into anarcy zones, then rezzkilling them on the other side

5) purposely killing people on live runs

tuxy
04-12-03, 12:46
Originally posted by Nidhogg

N

not true i have reported seveal people for exploiting with screenshots as proof and nothing was ever done i never ever get a replay from exploits@neocron.com

im suprised this hasnt been said already hiding in a bugged wall so you can attack people but the only thing that hurts you is aoe
this is perfectaly legal atm as kk just ignore you when u report people for doing it

//Ring\\
04-12-03, 20:45
pointing a flashlight at peoples faces so they cant see (pwnage when done in groups agaisnt just one guy :P)

Hagbart
05-12-03, 04:00
an exploit?

As soon as you put a LE chip in and make it impossible to blow up the tank you cross the line of exploiting. It's an offensive move that has no countermeasure and requires absolutely no skill to perform.

If you let the tank remain killable then I see no problem with it.

KRIMINAL99
05-12-03, 05:08
If someone irritates me as a lowbie in aggie cellars, crp, or anywhere if they are my faction, then i start to attack them and let them kill me, then come back over and over until they say "not worth the sl" (or if theyre stupid till they turn red).

Then I log a high level alt and kill them. They usually can't fight back because even if they managed to kill me they would turn red at this point.

Meanwhile I make it look like the other guy was the ahole by saying "pker" with the first char or something. Then when the persons dead I ask ppl around for team and use it to loot their belt if they were in it.

steweygrrr
06-12-03, 16:26
1. The PPU APU combo
2. People PKing you while you shop in TH
3. Parking a rhino in front of a non uplink GR building
4. PPU's
5. TL3 heal/TL9 deflectors =)

Nidhogg
06-12-03, 16:57
Originally posted by tuxy
not true i have reported seveal people for exploiting with screenshots as proof and nothing was ever done i never ever get a replay from exploits@neocron.com There's generally never a reply from that address unless we require more information. We don't discuss how those matters are dealt with because it can prejudice a case.

N

spongeb0b
06-12-03, 17:40
oo oo oo I got one :D
I was out tech hunting with my PE one night and suddenly (going for dramatics here) 5 Warbies spawn at once just past the garage at MB being me i decide to try and take all at once (probly a bad idea but not the point of my epic tale) a rhino pulls up on the horizon and their highly skilled (not) gunner guns down 3 of them while i take out my second titan (at this point im disapointed cos i wanted some fun) never mind me thinks running up to my kills with my hacktool out checking faction of the tank handlers... (neutral) I start to hack my first titan with hopes and dreams of beutiful E and T parts flowing out of its bum..... o_0 erm yeah... anyway i finish hack to find that the gunner has blasted the shit outta me and shouted that i was stealing their loot :/ I gr back to MB to get my stuff back and lo... my bloody PA4 has dropped (this is a bastard for me to get because the npc never works for me), their hacker has taken it as their own and i need 4 bloody pokes... grrrrrrrr.

RuButt
06-12-03, 17:59
i got a lame tactic...hosted by our beloved SmokeyJ on saturn

syreus was pking in ind sectors...he kills a red cunt....asks me on buddy to come and hack..

when there i see that smoke is there to....

smokeyj and syreus didnt try to kill eachother so i thought it was cool...

when i hacked it.... i open the belt......smokes opens trade..

i get kicked out of belt, and he loots belt and runs....

he was out of there before we even noticed that he had stolen
our wyatt earp!

Wilco
06-12-03, 21:11
Originally posted by Hagbart
As soon as you put a LE chip in and make it impossible to blow up the tank you cross the line of exploiting. It's an offensive move that has no countermeasure and requires absolutely no skill to perform.

If you let the tank remain killable then I see no problem with it.

Huh? Since when is it important for the Vehicle, whether it's driver/owner has an LE plugged in or not?
I've read, that there would be some kind of countdown time, in which you can fully destroy a vehicle, even after the last char left it.
After that period the vehicle would be damagable, but not to full destruction (never experienced that, my vehicles got blown up too early ;)).

So could you please explain that a bit further, Hagbart?

Regards, Wilco

Hagbart
08-12-03, 17:17
Originally posted by Wilco
Huh? Since when is it important for the Vehicle, whether it's driver/owner has an LE plugged in or not?
I've read, that there would be some kind of countdown time, in which you can fully destroy a vehicle, even after the last char left it.
After that period the vehicle would be damagable, but not to full destruction (never experienced that, my vehicles got blown up too early ;)).

So could you please explain that a bit further, Hagbart?

It just appears that something has been changed recently to make it so that vehicles driven by LE chipped runners can't be damaged by players.

The one time I saw this happening there was about 10 runners hitting the rhino with many clips of moonstriker rockets, cursed souls, speed gats, HLs and whatever else they were packing and the health of the tank didn't move at all. I know they made vehicles tougher but not that tough.

So a LE chipped runner parks a rhino over a corpse means you have an indestructable tank blocking the corpse, and I call that pretty cheap. If you don't have a LE chip in you block the corpse from being ressed for quite some time at the cost of a rhino, and that's a fair balance of cost vs. reward I guess.

greendonkeyuk
08-12-03, 19:55
Originally posted by spongeb0b
oo oo oo I got one :D
I was out tech hunting with my PE one night and suddenly (going for dramatics here) 5 Warbies spawn at once just past the garage at MB being me i decide to try and take all at once (probly a bad idea but not the point of my epic tale) a rhino pulls up on the horizon and their highly skilled (not) gunner guns down 3 of them while i take out my second titan (at this point im disapointed cos i wanted some fun) never mind me thinks running up to my kills with my hacktool out checking faction of the tank handlers... (neutral) I start to hack my first titan with hopes and dreams of beutiful E and T parts flowing out of its bum..... o_0 erm yeah... anyway i finish hack to find that the gunner has blasted the shit outta me and shouted that i was stealing their loot :/ I gr back to MB to get my stuff back and lo... my bloody PA4 has dropped (this is a bastard for me to get because the npc never works for me), their hacker has taken it as their own and i need 4 bloody pokes... grrrrrrrr.

is that an exploit? 3 lads in a tank vs one vulnerable pe whos hacking? id have done the same prolly :D

ive used most of the above tactics in my time tbh, tho the trade window one made me howl. its funny though coz i never actually thought any of these tactics up myself, i read EVERY single one of em on the forums..... :wtf: 8| :lol:

Wilco
10-12-03, 15:15
Thanks for the clarification, Hagbart!

I will test that (LE-driven Vehicles invulnerable for other chars).
But when i think of the "exploit" you have describe above (parking an "LE-rhino" over a corpse), it comes to my mind, that this is rarely happening.
LE-bearer in an OP-war, just there for covering a corpse?... c'mon! :)
(yet you're right of course, that that'd be an unfair advantage....)
Myself or some other player wrote a solution to that quite some months ago: make a toggle-button where you can witch on/off the targeting boxes for static items (crates/boxes/GoGu/cabinets etc.).
Now add the targeting-boxes for vehicles to that and bingo!
No more problems when rezzing / hacking a belt or targeting something else!

Regards, Wilco

P.S.: As a corpse (as it is now) cannot be "fully" destroyed, by whatever weaponsfire there is, it's just normal, that it cannot be destroyed by a tank running over it with it's tracks.
Leaving the corpse between it's tracks wouldn't damage the corpse (or an injured comrade [in RL]) at all!

Style
23-12-03, 03:04
i got a lame tactic...hosted by our beloved SmokeyJ on saturn

syreus was pking in ind sectors...he kills a red cunt....asks me on buddy to come and hack..

when there i see that smoke is there to....

smokeyj and syreus didnt try to kill eachother so i thought it was cool...

when i hacked it.... i open the belt......smokes opens trade..

i get kicked out of belt, and he loots belt and runs....

he was out of there before we even noticed that he had stolen
our wyatt earp!

yea... that b@tch @ss wigga.... he got whacked up for that tho init

VetteroX
23-12-03, 04:33
using an le.. period.

Keyol45743241
23-12-03, 06:56
Teh PPU Zerg... attacking with 50% PPUs and then calling the war 'fair' since the amount of people in each team were even :rolleyes:

Using a Rhino to lure some People into shooting and following you. And then, when you have fled enough, every followers shelter has run out and you have arrived at a nice open plain, you turn around, circlestrafe the Tanks with their puny anti v launchers and no skill to back it up or the power to survive the Rhino main gun, then disintegrate the remaining apus with three, max four shots each, snipe the spys at impossible distances and then let your PPU driver hop out, freeze and damboost the PPU who comes puffing right behind the (now dead) main force while your friendly APU passenger deshelters your poor victim.... :lol:

Pushing AFK ppls into the fire of the faction guards at plaza 1

repping your tank on the other side while your gunner slugs it out with another Rhino and eventually win a fight that started out something like: our rhino 45%, their rhino 98%.. :D

PPU

Killing levlers to get your protection money flowing, sexing them and then blowing up their ride with that rhino gun with the excuse you're working on a photograpy book on vehicular explosions unless they pay :p

Luring someone whose clan KoSed me into giving me his precious Moveon he wants repaired

Stealthturreting

P.S.: I can't see how anyone could possibly consider shitbuffing 'lame'. You have godmode as a PPU if you do it right, you can heal sanct in case of an emergency and you still complain that you're too stupid and get pwned by such a simple trick :lol:

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 07:06
PP fighting.