PDA

View Full Version : First time in the Neocron history : LVirus opens his BETA3 shot archive!

LVirus
02-12-03, 16:43
Okay everyone! Enjoy while it lasts. I will delete old ones and upload more because I don't have space to keep em all there.

Comments and if you want me to comment certain picture, reply here with picture you want me to answer.

Address to this oasis is : http://www.saunalahti.fi/~lviruz/neocron/beta3/ .. Enjoy! :)

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 16:49
This page is filtered for one of the following reasons:
The page contains material that may be offensive
The page may reside on a site that contains large amounts of offensive material, or does not screen the web pages of its subscribers
You may have tried to search for a word that will bring up links to offensive material
The site offers unregulated chat facilities

ONOZ!

heh i hate my net at work :p

LVirus
02-12-03, 16:53
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
This page is filtered for one of the following reasons:
The page contains material that may be offensive
The page may reside on a site that contains large amounts of offensive material, or does not screen the web pages of its subscribers
You may have tried to search for a word that will bring up links to offensive material
The site offers unregulated chat facilities

ONOZ!

heh i hate my net at work :p

Can anyone else see those pictures? Anyone? Sniff, or is my work going down to drain (aka. mindless upload for unsorted and commented pictures :D )

dbomb
02-12-03, 16:55
nah dude i can look at them its just a painfull process

Psyco Groupie
02-12-03, 16:55
a uri without viruz in it might be a better plan .. although I can see it form my university ;P

cool shots, love teh dragon fly swarms lol

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 16:57
i work at a school and im stuck with RM as a fuckin ISP :(

anyways im sure its fine for most - just my isp hates j00!

jernau
02-12-03, 17:01
Works for me :D.

Those dragonflys are evil.

wolfwood
02-12-03, 17:02
i can see them, there are just to many lol.

LVirus
02-12-03, 17:04
As I said, they are unsorted, unedited (Expect reduced size (some pics are messed up very badly in "Kuvat" kansio but rest is okay)) and uncommented. But as I love it, its unmodified history and uncensored. Please remember that too even thou you might feel pain :).

Those pictures will stay there as long as this thread stays up. When this thread drops from first page, I will upload next patch (thus deleting old ones) and bump this thread up.

Happy surffing :)

Leebzie
02-12-03, 17:37
A freezer rifle, In slot 1 :rolleyes::)

LVirus
02-12-03, 17:40
Originally posted by Leebzie
A freezer rifle, In slot 1 :rolleyes::)

Back then they were hightech rifle between laser rifle and plasma rifle. They were pretty good for exping !! .. until KK fucked em up and made em to be most hated gun. Damn you KK !

Zanathos
02-12-03, 17:51
PHEAR THE DRAGON FLIES!

SOOOOO many SCREENIES!

I only have 10 :(

Psyco Groupie
02-12-03, 17:53
jester you timmah, you cant get em cos the uri has viruz in it .. :P

Napalm82
02-12-03, 19:55
Is this a Copbot Buffing you or something?:p

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~lviruz/neocron/beta3/Kuvat4/shot0026_3.jpg

Ren
02-12-03, 19:59
Its Seminus you plonker!

nice to see i'm in a few of those screenies.....complaining....but still.

Jest
02-12-03, 20:03
Originally posted by Leebzie
A freezer rifle, In slot 1 :rolleyes::) Hehe, and there wasn't any safe slot back then either so the fact that its in slot 1 is irrelevant. :lol: *giggles at the newb* j/k :p

Wannabe
02-12-03, 20:26
Heh, I'm almost in every second picture there =)

Perhaps I should open up my Beta 3 shot archive someday as well.

// Wannabe

dbomb
02-12-03, 20:53
Originally posted by Jest
Hehe, and there wasn't any safe slot back then either so the fact that its in slot 1 is irrelevant. :lol: *giggles at the newb* j/k :p

i dont think freezer rifles worked for freezing people then either

Beanie McChimp
02-12-03, 21:29
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i work at a school

what school?
btw u got clerks yet i sure have :)

mystery8
03-12-03, 00:25
Nice. :)

Thanks for putting these up.

LVirus
03-12-03, 08:57
Originally posted by mystery8
Nice. :)

Thanks for putting these up.

No problems, it's least I can do to community ( that tells me to f*myself ingame when I'm in certain clan ;) ).

Remember to check out pictures now because soon there will be new ones and old ones deleted (Not eought space to host em all :( )

btw: Vote 5 star so perhaps GM's will notice this and see their nuub chars. There is plenty of GM's in those pictures as a common nubie players ;)

Jesterthegreat
03-12-03, 11:31
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
what school?
btw u got clerks yet i sure have :)

clerks? the film? yeah i got that O_o

and i work in one on the A127

LVirus
03-12-03, 12:50
Guys, don't turn my topic to chatter because I cannot clear it and I bet many people here wants to ask stuff about in beta3, not to know where you work. Thanks :P

amfest
03-12-03, 13:40
how many more are you going to put up?. . how much space do the screenshots take up in total? ..

mystery8
04-12-03, 08:55
Where's this at?

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~lviruz/neocron/beta3/Kuvat/shot0020.jpg

Obviously Tech Haven design and it looks like the player is somewhat "in" the ceiling. The door kinda looks like the Tech Haven apartment doors but those "things" on the left and right side of the picture don't look familiar.

LVirus
04-12-03, 09:06
Where's this at?

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~lviruz/neocron/beta3/Kuvat/shot0020.jpg

Obviously Tech Haven design and it looks like the player is somewhat "in" the ceiling. The door kinda looks like the Tech Haven apartment doors but those "things" on the left and right side of the picture don't look familiar.

That is infact old beta3 Techhaven player apartment. Its kinda trickly picture to take whole apartment so I used "trick" to get myself out-of-map and take that picture. Its 2 rooms connected with one corridor and door to elevator shaft.

LVirus
04-12-03, 09:09
Originally posted by amfest
how many more are you going to put up?. . how much space do the screenshots take up in total? ..

Well, folders "Kuvat" up to "Kuvat4" is there now (Kuvat is finnish and means "pictures" :) ). I have total of 10 folders of pictures. Containing avarage bit more pictures than that one.

Then I have tons of pics from beta4 too but they are no value :) except last picture before I took break for few weeks before real shutdown (Sweet Leaf saying that I'm total brick :rolleyes: )

Anyway, everyone watched those pics already? Need new pictures for tomorrow? :p

TheEnemy
04-12-03, 11:15
I noticed someone talking about blue poisonglands in one of the pictures and I remember hearing they were very valuable at one stage, what could you do with them?

LVirus
04-12-03, 11:17
Originally posted by TheEnemy
I noticed someone talking about blue poisonglands in one of the pictures and I remember hearing they were very valuable at one stage, what could you do with them?

There is one pic where I am receiving certain Blueprint cube and I have info for it open. Check it and you will realise ;)

LVirus
05-12-03, 09:38
So you guys want new pictures now or ? :)

mystery8
05-12-03, 09:40
Actually I want *old* pictures :p

Yeah, please upload some more stuff :D

LVirus
05-12-03, 13:22
Actually I want *old* pictures :p

Yeah, please upload some more stuff :D

I ment new "old beta3" pics :)

Uploading more means that I have to delete old ones. But I can do that tonite. Hope everyone gets to see current pictures before new ones arrives.

GT_Rince
05-12-03, 18:25
Originally posted by LVirus
Then I have tons of pics from beta4 too but they are no value :) except last picture before I took break for few weeks before real shutdown (Sweet Leaf saying that I'm total brick :rolleyes: )

NOOOO - get Beta 4 piccies up dude - that's when I joined and I lost all mine after a complete hard drive failure :(

Ascension
06-12-03, 01:50
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~lviruz/neocron/beta3/Kuvat/shot0013.jpg

OMG if thts A & W in Plaza 1 does that lead to the CLothes shop! and if it does.. why was it taken out?:(

LVirus
08-12-03, 09:21
Originally posted by Ascention

OMG if thts A & W in Plaza 1 does that lead to the CLothes shop! and if it does.. why was it taken out?:(

Thats a good question. It was kinda busy place too because that was a locked door so every nubie was hanging there and haxoring for exp (Yes, back when tradeskills actually DID do exp ;) ). Oh another reason MIGHT be that because behind that door, was nothing but a balcony, no clothes machine o_O

dbomb
08-12-03, 09:48
i wish i had a screenshot of retrobooster telling us (the malevolent crackheads) not to pk anymore at events in beta4
our apartment rocked :lol:

Lareolan
08-12-03, 13:25
Wow! After seeing those screenshots I truely am disgusted by KK's treatment of the game. Sure it was a beta so there were probably a lot more bugs, but the game seems to have been actually FUN! You could actually level through tradeskills! I saw someone mention that he remembered the formula for building Battlehelmet 3 off the top of his head, meaning things like armor were actually built by tradeskillers! I see a whole lot of mobs that looked pretty cool or had cool names and were either changed, renamed or deleted. (I love that "Big Spider" moder/texture shot0002_4.jpg, but there is no such thing that I found anywhere in neocron.) OZ areas were actually used for leveling as were plenty more weapons before they became totally useless. That picture of "7of9" (shot0006_4.jpg) is just awesome! It also looks to me like some player models and textures were tweaked and many that were, were made worse. I love that unshaved PE look.

I also love the look of that old TH apartment look, looks so awesome! The only thing that rivals it is the current TH clan aparment, all others look pretty bad.

Post more please, and some comments for at least some of the pictures would be nice.

P.S. There are plenty of areas in the game that most people have never even seen that seem totally empty. Were they ever of any use? Areas like the bowels of TH, it looks like some large reactor down there. The lower level of MB (sec. 3) has a really cool looking reactor and weapons storage areas. Neocron's mainsewers areas have a few nice spots too. Was all of that ever in use, or did they make those and didn't bother putting anything into them, therefore wasting our precious HDD space and the precious time it took the level designers and artists to create those?

LVirus
08-12-03, 15:58
Originally posted by Lareolan
Wow! After seeing those screenshots I truely am disgusted by KK's treatment of the game. You could actually level through tradeskills! I see a whole lot of mobs that looked pretty cool or had cool names and were either changed, renamed or deleted. (I love that "Big Spider" moder/texture shot0002_4.jpg, but there is no such thing that I found anywhere in neocron.) OZ areas were actually used for leveling as were plenty more weapons before they became totally useless. I also love the look of that old TH apartment look, looks so awesome!

Post more please, and some comments for at least some of the pictures would be nice.

P.S. There are plenty of areas in the game that most people have never even seen that seem totally empty. Were they ever of any use?

Whoa! Thanks for feedback. First of all, yes back in beta it was fun to explore game, BUT it was because game was totally new and in beta game really was different and "team"-oriented. I made a spy and leveled him quickly by building laser pistols and selling em to stores - In a 5 hour work, I managed to make 500k cash and around 2mil INT and DEX exp from nubie level.

If you seek Big Spider, perhaps you haven't paid visit to Outzones and their storages. Or perhaps you aren't looking enought in wastelands. Few zones to north from North TH entrance, there is plenty of even bigger spiders to hunt and kill. Sadly they are rank 20ish now, back then they were 50ish and hurted like hell (Which reminds me, back in beta3 you gained exp even by shooting CORPSE :)) - We used to spend time to shoot dead corpse of spider just to get double exp ;) ).

As I said in release, there is so many pictures and I have currenly little time but I will comment EVERY picture you bring up here and ask what it is. I hope this solution works :confused:

Indeed, there is plenty of "empty" areas there but still, it's about exploring Neocron. I know at least dozen of places and zones to go in Neocron and current PvP vets and capped players will go "oooh! aaah! uuuh" there ;) .

El_MUERkO
08-12-03, 16:35
I was expectign a second picture of a dead spy, killed by the roof fan :)

Wannabe
08-12-03, 17:01
The roof fan didn't actually kill anyone, but if you jumped correctly, it would "teleport" randomly around in plaza 1.

This was because you were stuck between the blades and the wall next to it, pushing you off the gameworld.

I'm still kinda looking for my own Beta 3 shot archive. Had a lot of pics in it =)

// Wannabe

LVirus
09-12-03, 09:30
Originally posted by Wannabe
I'm still kinda looking for my own Beta 3 shot archive. Had a lot of pics in it =)

Don't steal my show >_<

j/k -- Where you get that much webspace? :p

ajm
09-12-03, 12:18
Originally posted by Lareolan
P.S. There are plenty of areas in the game that most people have never even seen that seem totally empty. Were they ever of any use?
The Mainsewer, Outzones and their storages were in pretty good use until the addition of those stupid aggressor cellars throughout the city. Without a doubt, my most memorable adventures in beta were, in addition to wastelands, in the Mainsewer.

ajm

ps. away with aggressor cellars!

Darkloss
10-12-03, 03:46
i remember when beta4 first hit. a lot of the comments of beta3 remind me of beta 4. especially that whole you can't loot artifact weapons crack hehe. ah beta, back when everything was rare hehe.

Vash th3 Flash
10-12-03, 03:53
Haha funny.

The sad thing is; I have picture like this and I took them 4 months into retail. Some bugs never got fixed.

LVirus
10-12-03, 08:45
Okay since comments are slowed down, seems like I need to whip up new piccies. So today 17:00 EET (15:00 GTM) I will delete current pictures and upload more. So better take what you want from there.

FBI
10-12-03, 10:21
bummer i had gigs of beta4 screenies, hd got corrupted and made
all the pics have distortions/lines/discolored blotches on them.so
i ended up deleting them all :mad: :mad: :mad:

One pic i miss having is one of RetroBooster doing a stress test
"event" and when everyone lagged out, he said:

"Please note: servers will be much more stable in retail :)"

the smiley face made it devious.

LVirus or anyone else, you wouldn't happen to have got this?

:eek:

FBI

LVirus
10-12-03, 18:44
New pictures up and running @ http://www.saunalahti.fi/~lviruz/neocron/beta3/

Enjoy! :angel:

LVirus
11-12-03, 15:52
No comment about pictures? Comoon, there must be some good ones :(

amfest
12-12-03, 10:39
OMG shot0014_5in kuvat 5 .. the old drug flash . . and the droner's too far away static screen ... Loved that more than the current one .. the current one tends to give me a headache or make my eyes actually hurt :eek:

love those texture bugs where items, armors and such were spammed on the ground . . sky or whatnot :D

shot0086_2 in kuvat 5 is very cool .. lol

OMG poisonous spider queen *** shot009_6 kuvat 6

shot0033_5 kuvat 6 :lol:

shot0027 kuvat 7 :cool:

shot0029 kuvat 7 Strike a pose!

shot0031 kuvat 7 not much has changed eh? :p

shot0046 kuvat 7 copbot vs copbot? .. lol

lots of copbot wars!

shot0069 kuvat 7 .. a true killer's work of art :D

shot0073 kuvat 7 .. i now have nightmares o_O

shot0111 kuvat 7 sex!

spiderbot 3 star? .. same with giant raptor .. and a leaper was only 2 stars . and a terrormaulter 3 stars o_O . .wonder how much they hurt back then . .

Anyhow loved seeing those . . . sorry it took so long to reply about the pics . . been busy and haven't gotten around to looking through em . . :D

LVirus
12-12-03, 11:29
Originally posted by amfest
OMG shot0014_5in kuvat 5 .. the old drug flash . . and the droner's too far away static screen ... Loved that more than the current one .. the current one tends to give me a headache or make my eyes actually hurt :eek:

Hahaa, indeed. Its where I learnt that there is a wall of sprites in front of you in drug flash :D

love those texture bugs where items, armors and such were spammed on the ground . . sky or whatnot :D

Indeed. But sadly they are still ingame and happens when you stay in same area for some time.

shot0086_2 in kuvat 5 is very cool .. lol

I loved to take shots after I killed guards where they could still talk to me :D

OMG poisonous spider queen *** shot009_6 kuvat 6

Not mention it's damage :eek:

shot0033_5 kuvat 6 :lol:

Well, people were more .. flexiable back then :)

shot0027 kuvat 7 :cool:

They took that away :(

shot0029 kuvat 7 Strike a pose!

Another "I flexAble Am"

shot0031 kuvat 7 not much has changed eh? :p

Well, back then they didn't give big SL hit ;)

shot0046 kuvat 7 copbot vs copbot? .. lol

lots of copbot wars!

I made em fight against each other and then looted their rifles and sold em. Sadly you cannot do that anymore. Primary reason why they made Copbot rifle was a *certain* player making Copbots kill each other :p

shot0069 kuvat 7 .. a true killer's work of art :D

Btw, rare picture of me being a PE. Haven't been one since then.

shot0073 kuvat 7 .. i now have nightmares o_O

Another fallen victim of my PKing in PP1. Check my SL :)

shot0111 kuvat 7 sex!

Check rank! Good exp!

spiderbot 3 star? .. same with giant raptor .. and a leaper was only 2 stars . and a terrormaulter 3 stars o_O . .wonder how much they hurt back then . .

Spiderbots was much MUCH harder back then. When we saw one, we were very scared. They used their primary guns to shoot range (Plasmas like beta warbots) and then secondary gun, machine guns that hurted back then. Novadays all monsters are pussies. It's sad :(

Anyhow loved seeing those . . . sorry it took so long to reply about the pics . . been busy and haven't gotten around to looking through em . . :D

Any feedback is good! I try to answer asap and comment all pics you bring up :)