PDA

View Full Version : John Titor - Man from future?

LVirus
02-12-03, 14:11
Judge yourself :

http://www.johntitor.com/ & http://johntitor.strategicbrains.com/

I think that by year 2005 we know for sure what will happen. Read up and say what you think. I am sceptic until 2005 :eek:

Archeus
02-12-03, 15:03
I don't have the links but it has already been pointed out it was someone acting the muppet.

Of course if you still want to believe the second American civil war should start next year, so not long to wait.

LVirus
02-12-03, 15:12
Try to find that link, please :)

I won't answer to your trying to get me banned by bashing USA .. no way. I will not answer YES. :angel: :p

J. Folsom
02-12-03, 15:17
If he's real, he's not the only guy from the future visiting us, just check this (http://tv.yahoo.com/news/wwn/20030319/104808600007.html).

Archeus
02-12-03, 15:32
Insider trading = false.
http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/insider.htm

As for the link need to check at home. Some news site found out who he was. might be a link still on the messageboard JT visited.

Wannabe
02-12-03, 15:35
Hmm, it was mentioned that there were 7 time-travelers.

So 2 of them have been found, one of them is a computer freak :o

Oh well, next year will show us is it true or not.

// Wannabe

Archeus
02-12-03, 15:36
7? I only know of 2. The other being someone who sent spam mail looking for a device that Titor was looking for.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/timetravelspam.html

Wannabe
02-12-03, 15:38
Why is time travel used?

Right now, its used to get information or "items" that would be helpful in getting a post WWIII world back to a normal condition. There are 7 other time travelers in my unit.

Where do time travelers

This is from the John Titor website (http://www.johntitor.com) and the IBM 5100 article.

// Wannabe

s0apy
02-12-03, 15:42
there's a very important axiom to be used under such circumstances. simply ask yourself: which is more likely, that the extraordinary, unprovable and (as near as anyone has thus far been able to discover) impossible things that are described are true, or that the person is merely making this stuff up?

what's truely amazing is that anyone would take this guy seriously past the point that he tells you he's a time traveller from the future.

CarniFlex
02-12-03, 15:47
well what you expect from the usa, ex president being a movie star, california's governor being ex body builder/moviestar. Altough the ex moviestar went on and made peace and ended the cold war. Still looking on the news and just catching a glimpse of us foreign affairs its easy to pick usa as a possible candidate for things to come. After all it is somewhat the centre of this world with its attitude at the moment.

remember a notice in the news that the US senate agreed to put a new record breaking budget for the US military, maybe its a hint of what theyre planning :p

/edit, just rememberd nostradamus. Well I dont think he was a sane man to start with, but his guesses were somewhat accurate. So why not take this "warning" for what it is, a mere vision of what might come/

/edit2 and yeah right, timetravel so close to after a post nuclear war? they would still be fighting with getting electricity and water systems running, not time travel physics/

msdong
02-12-03, 15:51
lol, the third one is Ardon Krep or something like that. a friend of mine build a website all around that and PP go crazy about it ...
o_O :lol:

alig
02-12-03, 15:59
Then u got uk....our prime minister being a [edited] :p id rather live in usa with all teh ex-moviestar government lol

on topic....I watched back to the future and a few pics and a wide broaded mind wont make me think ppl can travel back n' forth in time lol

Original monk
02-12-03, 16:00
i must confess: i am a timetraveler also !!! but ssjt dont tell anyone :P

I come from the year 2084 and used my timemachine (it looks like a car with alot of buttons inside) to come back to this funny semi-medivel time. I must say that i cant give you any winning lotery numbers (must keep em for myself) but i can reveal another secret im sure ya dont know: in my "real year" where i come from (2084) it says on the official website (yeah its still exists) :

DoY is arriving in april 2085 so thats only a few months to go when i get back in my real time :) WOOHOO

edit: yes its possible to travel back in time: even in this time: it is possible to travel 1 second back in time (or was it a nanosecond) tests have been done by flying around the earth at a certain speed in a certain direction and the clock was 1 sec behind, no joking, when they did the same the other way around: the clock was again at the right time: so possible: YES

humans traveling back years in time: possible: NO

retr0n
02-12-03, 16:05
i just spent 2 hours reading through the Titor website when i should
be working on my essay... plz stop posting stuff like this :D

it's a bit cool even if it's a hoax it's pretty well thought out
some people just have to much free time on their hadns.... wish
i was one of them...

J. Folsom
02-12-03, 16:08
Well, just read it through some more, at least "John Titor" has/had a sense of humor:

One side of the cover it describes in great detail how your government is ready spying on you. On the other side (and just as important) it tells you how to install a hot tub.

Dade Murphey
02-12-03, 16:10
Originally posted by alig
on topic....I watched back to the future and a few pics and a wide broaded mind wont make me think ppl can travel back n' forth in time lol

But would you really know if someone did/could travel back in time...I mean if they tried to change something in the past it would have already happened in the future so all you could really be altering would be a seperate timeline from your own, because you already know what happened in your past and if you went back and did something, you were basically predestined to do it, in your own timeline atleast...so the idea of going back and forth for purposes beyond observing is kinda null and void...I mean sure if you decide to go back and capture jimbomonkeyboydan and then get there and change your mind, in your timeline he's never been captured...you're not changing anything...because it's already been done...but maybe in one of the alternate universes/realities to your own you capture him and feed him to a rabid baboon named Ostrich...having infinite realities it's impossible to do anything but create others with the choices you make and going back only creates more and going forward, well that's already happened as well since time is nothing more than a giant wadded up ball of string with all kindsa interconnecting points along the way...so everything that has happened already is done and things that will happen have happened and nothing we do can change that, for us at the least...it only opens up more realities that we will never get to xperience...at least this timeline us...another us is xperiencing it

goodnite

alig
02-12-03, 16:11
Even if he was a time traveler from wotever year...how does he blend in? if u saw someone from 1980 walking the streets today, ya know, them big fuck off mobile phones...hair styles that are pretty funny, they would stand out pretty well! he cant be on his own island....no connection :p

ya could argue, he was just an odd person but the difference between his clothes and 2k3's clothes would be like the difference between austin powers and me:lol:

Archeus
02-12-03, 16:27
Originally posted by CarniFlex
well what you expect from the usa, ex president being a movie star, california's governor being ex body builder/moviestar. Altough the ex moviestar went on and made peace and ended the cold war. Still looking on the news and just catching a glimpse of us foreign affairs its easy to pick usa as a possible candidate for things to come. After all it is somewhat the centre of this world with its attitude at the moment.

And what alternative timeline did you travel back from? :lol:

remember a notice in the news that the US senate agreed to put a new record breaking budget for the US military, maybe its a hint of what theyre planning :p

I think if the US people had to go up against the US military they wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

Of course I couldn't see it happening, although I suppose if I was going to take over a country I would first move all the majority of soliders who may not be loyal to me to another country so when the crunch comes I can leave them there. ;)

/edit, just rememberd nostradamus. Well I dont think he was a sane man to start with, but his guesses were somewhat accurate. So why not take this "warning" for what it is, a mere vision of what might come/

None of his stuff was accurate, only (afair) one prediction had an actual date assigned to it and he got that wrong.

ZoneVortex
02-12-03, 17:29
Why do you guys keep saying you can't believe this stuff?

If it's obvious that the "time traveler", whichever of them you pick, has been around in our time for quite a while, then he's not a time travel. Fine. Maybe he's crazy...but before they're called that I'd want to see tests, data, whatever showing that they're crazy.

Sure not all of it's gonna be real. Humans have a hard time grasping that sort of thing. I know it'll be hard to think about, but look at this scenario:

The year is 1960 something or around there. You're at home watching your....primitive television set with the family. On comes this show called "Star Trek". The family giggles and is amazed when one of the members pulls out a funny looking device with an antennae and is able to contact someone on board the mothership wireless and without using any source of telephone line. If someone then had said "I come from the year 2001! Though my communicator has broken. Oh, it's much like those wireless ones on that show you're watching! Help me I need a new one!"

Would the people believe him that he actually had this wireless phone technology? Hell no. They'd lock him up and call him insane. "It's just science fiction" they'd tell him. No one thought it was possible to talk on a cordless phone the technology seemed out of reach.

It's always possible, but even after this post I doubt more then 10 people will understand my point and I doubt more than 2 people with agree with me, if anyone.

So...I'm not saying those things that whatshisname the time traveler says will come true. I'm simply saying time travel will happen in the future, but if time travel is possible in the future, what is the future? But we won't get into that.

jernau
02-12-03, 17:45
Originally posted by Original monk
yes its possible to travel back in time: even in this time: it is possible to travel 1 second back in time (or was it a nanosecond) tests have been done by flying around the earth at a certain speed in a certain direction and the clock was 1 sec behind, no joking, when they did the same the other way around: the clock was again at the right time: so possible: YES

humans traveling back years in time: possible: NO

That was Superman and I've got some really bad news for you mate, he's not real. Sorry I had to be the one to tell you.:(

Archeus
02-12-03, 17:52
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
It's always possible, but even after this post I doubt more then 10 people will understand my point and I doubt more than 2 people with agree with me, if anyone.

I understand.. it is a good point. However supposing we are on a timeline that doesn't allow time travel?

http://www.curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=172&i=165

What I find amazing is the number of people who belived John Titor.

ghandisfury
02-12-03, 18:04
Originally posted by jernau
That was Superman and I've got some really bad news for you mate, he's not real. Sorry I had to be the one to tell you.:(

Nope, he is correct.....it's all about "clock speeds" though. One does have to ask himself what time is. Think about it......what defenition have we assigned to "time"?

Time: the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues....

So if time is a "measured period", then what tools do we use to measure it? Isn't time just movement? The only "tool" we have to measure "time" is the earths rotation (speaking from a heliocentric point of veiw). So if a person could move fast enough to negate the effects of the earths rotation, could he negate the effects of time....or possibly counteract them? Einstein said "if the speed of light is constant, then time is not". So with that theory alone time travel is possible. Whether things can be changed or not is something that cannot be possible (comming from my point of view).

Anyway, just my 2 cents....I'm enjoying the thread:D

jernau
02-12-03, 18:12

I have no idea why you think people won't get that...

Anyhow - time travel is extremely unlikely and if possible at some point will not take the form people would like.

Acceleration and deceleration effects may be possible under rarified conditions and quantum-pairing allows some rather fascinating breaches of the normal rules.

More simply you could use relativistic effects to in effect travel forwards in time but the practicality of this is highly questionable.

One other thing - I read Nostradamus' quatrains a few years ago to see what all the fuss was about and can assure you they are the drivelous ramblings of a loon. You could divine as much from a few hundred sides of random numbers if you spent enough time and wishful thinking on it.

Darth Slayer
02-12-03, 18:14
:lol: Next thing Machines will be coming back in time teh Kill us all O nozzzzzz.............:rolleyes:

jernau
02-12-03, 18:17
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Nope, he is correct.....it's all about "clock speeds" though. One does have to ask himself what time is. Think about it......what defenition have we assigned to "time"?

Time: the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues....

So if time is a "measured period", then what tools do we use to measure it? Isn't time just movement? The only "tool" we have to measure "time" is the earths rotation (speaking from a heliocentric point of veiw). So if a person could move fast enough to negate the effects of the earths rotation, could he negate the effects of time....or possibly counteract them? Einstein said "if the speed of light is constant, then time is not". So with that theory alone time travel is possible. Whether things can be changed or not is something that cannot be possible (comming from my point of view).

Anyway, just my 2 cents....I'm enjoying the thread:D

I was joking about Superman ;). Of course he exists. :D

I imagine it was a relativistic proof. That's perfectly within the rules.

I don't know where that quote is from but it's most likely incomplete, out of context or wrong.

Mingerroo
02-12-03, 19:17
My personal opinion is that this John Tritor, regardless of whether he is a time traveller, a loon, an activist or even just some guy having a laugh, he raises some delicate and very important points.

Our community is lazy, we do miss the point. Where I live you can't go out at night without expecting some random person to attack you and then take your phone. Physical harm for a mobile phone!?! What has our world become? Really... I'm serious. We are degenerating beyond the point of 'individuality ethics' and are slowly arriving at a selfish, thieving community. I have always been a firm believer in the Hobbesian account of a social contract, and without it may well head into some form of great war.

To me it doesn't matter if nothing he said happens, or even if everything he said happens. The important fact is that our society is obviously primarily shit and it is getting worse. I for one am a little worried at the concept of our world ten years from now.

Steve

[edit]P.S. I agree with Zone on the human nature point, it is something I constantly find myself trying to explain to my fellow philosophy students. Everyone is far too willing to believe that everything is a hoax, and that humans will always prevail (hope is a bitch)

retr0n
02-12-03, 19:33
i don't think people should say that time travel is impossible... i mean
take a look at the history.. alot of scientist claimed that the atom
could not be split...

just because I personally can't see something happening doesn't
make it impossible for that matter...

//Radium

Marx
02-12-03, 19:35
I loved it when everyone was deifying him. On ebay you were able to buy "Time machine parts" for an assload of money.

Of course they were just like, broken toasters and shit.

Quality with a capital KW.

Jest
02-12-03, 19:51
Hehe, any one ever read A Brief History of Time by Peter Hawking? Man if there was ever a book that was over my head then that would be the one.

Personally I don't think travelling backwards through time is possible. And I sure as hell don't believe in alternate universes. Travelling to the past presents way too many paradoxes and I don't like paradoxes. :lol: Plus there is always the perfect argument, if time travel were possible, wouldn't we see more time travelers. And let me just tell you, if I was a time traveller I sure as hell wouldn't go back in time hoping to convince every one I am from the future through my knowledge.

Assistant: "Are you sure you don't want to bring back any of this highly advanced technology to convince the people your from the future?"
Scientist: "Don't worry, I'll convince them with my knowledge of the facts that will happen."

Yah good luck with that one chief.

Travelling to the future on the other hand, I like. haha. That makes more sense to me and I can wrap my mind around it. Well, more so that travelling through the past.

Oath
02-12-03, 20:10
If he's from the future, with intimate knowledge of the past............how the fuck did he get busted??

nOOb.

Marx
02-12-03, 20:10
Originally posted by Jest
Hehe, any one ever read A Brief History of Time by Peter Hawking? Man if there was ever a book that was over my head then that would be the one.

I use it for a coaster, will that make me smarter?

:confused:

Beanie McChimp
02-12-03, 20:14
What makes people say this isn't real are you a physics expert?
alot of what this guy is saying is coming true like western uncertanties about israel and anyone cath the bit about him saying Iraq has nukes remember this was posted before 9/11 which was before the second gulf war ok the timetravel pics may look like an old ford fiesta and something off blue peter but i for one believe it.

CarniFlex
02-12-03, 20:27
he makes people think, argue bout time physics and the political situation, intresting people around the world who otherwise just ignore the headline news bout bombs in turkey, us troops shooting 54 "enemies" and a innocent farmer in the process...

Think he is really jesus reborn into 2000. Makes more sense, the messias coming to help us help ourselfs. Just like that guy in the monty python movie Life of brian.

MkVenner
02-12-03, 20:30
Its human nature to pass off n e thing we cant understand or dont want to believe as crazy...and people will them selves not toosee something they dont want to...

Im not saying i beleive this person is from the future but just because things arent possible now doesnt mean they wont be in the future, and just because something has been proven now, other peramiters or facts may become true to neagte it...i know my wordings not that good lol but i think ya'll get what i mean:p

hudsonbeck
02-12-03, 20:36

Personally I don't think travelling backwards through time is possible. And I sure as hell don't believe in alternate universes. Travelling to the past presents way too many paradoxes and I don't like paradoxes. :lol: Plus there is always the perfect argument, if time travel were possible, wouldn't we see more time travelers. And let me just tell you, if I was a time traveller I sure as hell wouldn't go back in time hoping to convince every one I am from the future through my knowledge.

Assistant: "Are you sure you don't want to bring back any of this highly advanced technology to convince the people your from the future?"
Scientist: "Don't worry, I'll convince them with my knowledge of the facts that will happen."

Yah good luck with that one chief.

Travelling to the future on the other hand, I like. haha. That makes more sense to me and I can wrap my mind around it. Well, more so that travelling through the past.

I think you have to consider the fact that something being "possible" is not determined by whether or not it is ever accomplished.
Time travel could very be Very possible. We just may never develop the abilities to understand How to bring it to fruition.
We do not know what the future brings... There could be many other areas that we Have to focus on. Things like viruses mutating... becoming more and more resistant to antibiotics, masses of people dying for a "common Cold” cause we have no medication, Disease, War, etc... Those things may distract us from focusing on "Time Travel"
(This is not based on JT's experiences or presence... Just an alternate view of what is possible/or not.)

I think my opinion is not weather it is possible or not (I do feel that it is possible btw), I only wonder whether or not we will ever explore the possibility and have the ability to accomplish such a task.

All I know is that I think what JT said should be thought about... whether or not he is a time traveler, I do not know. AND I know that I will not move to Jacksonville FL:D

Hudson

p.s. My boss kept interupting me so this may not make sense or may be jumpy... I kept trying to tell here i was working on something important;)

jernau
02-12-03, 20:50
Hehe, any one ever read A Brief History of Time by Peter Hawking?

I read Stephen Hawking i that counts.;)

@beanie - I learnt a thing or two about Physics on my degree yes :p. Predicting that Arabs and Jews will act like the same as they have for the last two millenia is hardly tricky. I can make predictions like that till the cows come home. Wrt Iraq - a) they didn't have nukes so he's wrong and b) it was long after the first Gulf war.

hudsonbeck
02-12-03, 20:53
Originally posted by Archeus

I think if the US people had to go up against the US military they wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

I am born and raised in the US.
I thought about what you said and i am not sure that i agree.

I am 29 years old, was raised in Charleston, SC. I have lived in several parts of the country and have noticed something very unique with my generation and more specifically the people raised in the south. We are very patriotic people. But for the most part, my alegance is with my state first and foremost. Then country. I would say that the majority of people in the millitary would not fight their brother because "Uncle Sam" told them to. People have their own morals and beliefe systems. It is hard to say what would happen, I just know that we are passionate people which can lead to trouble sometimes.

There are more and more people who are opening their minds and actually Listening to the world around them. I am not trying to make this a US love/hate rant but there are many who are opening their eyes and not following the person in front of them. I love my country and think that my president is a good man who is doing what he feels is best, wether or not this is the case remains to been seen.
how did i get off on that:confused:

I just hope we can all just get along.
Come on everyone! Join in!
http://members.aol.com/mjmusicfan/we.html

Anyway,
Hudson

MkVenner
02-12-03, 20:58
and u alos gotte realise that the US military r related to the US public...most soldiers wont wanna kill their families and neighbours...ud have alot of mutineers...

Kimiko
02-12-03, 21:15
MkV said what I was going to - the military are by and large normal people too - though they have had training, and follow orders to a point.

I'm sure they'd realise that if they raise arms against some family in a state unrelated to them - someone else in another unit may be doing the same to their family.

Thus, the point to which they follow orders to has been reached.

This goes further up the command chain - their commanding officer may not issue the order, for the same reasons. Etc etc.

As far as time travel goes - well, just because you don't believe in something, doesnt mean its not true, and vice versa.
Just because something isnt possible now, doesnt mean it wont be and maybe we're limited in our way of thinking now, but that doesnt mean we cannot expand our horizons.

40$Poser
02-12-03, 21:21
that was a good read, tho I'll believe it when these things start happening. The internet has plenty of people who like to make hoaxes.

Marx
02-12-03, 21:27
I love my country and think that my president is a good man who is doing what he feels is best, wether or not this is the case remains to been seen.

Well said.

MkV said what I was going to - the military are by and large normal people too - though they have had training, and follow orders to a point.

Don't underrate the operating capacity of the Armed Services. They have SOP's for every situation you can imagine; hell if you look at the 'base towns' you'd see what I mean. Columbus Georgia is full of tank traps, bunkers, and defensive perimeters; in most cases you won't see 'em unless someones pointing 'em out to ya'. Cool stuff.

Anyway there are special units for special circumstances, read up on 'em.

Look for "Nuclear Continuity Brigades". They would slaughter an entire town if they were given the order - They are some badass (though strict and diciplined) mofo's.

Granted - The order would have to have good reasoning, and the units are only used in that way in 'certain' situations. (A cookie for who can guess, lol)

Check out some of the cold war leftovers sites - They manuals of 2 decades past are still the manuals of the present.

;)

MkVenner
02-12-03, 21:32
Originally posted by Marx

Look for "Nuclear Continuity Brigades". They would slaughter an entire town if they were given the order - They are some badass (though strict and diciplined) mofo's.

[/offtopic] [/B]

The Enclave? :p

Marx
02-12-03, 21:33
Originally posted by MkVenner
The Enclave? :p

Black Isle had to get the idea from somewhere.

:)

MkVenner
02-12-03, 21:35
true true and that "special situation", if they wouldn't give up say food stocks or technology to the government/military?

Marx
02-12-03, 21:48
Well, the one thing I remember the manuals alluding to was the destruction of heavily radiated persons.

Your body can take alot of rads without outright dying. You'll weaken, and die from various stages of radiation sickness... During that time, You are like a radioactive torch, and you can move freely - Creating the distinct possibility of spreading radioactive material which can affect MORE people outside the initial radioactive radius.

At first that sounds really wrong... Killing people who you can save.

Oh, but you can't save them, that's the issue. Radiation poisoning can only be delt with to a small extent - people who work at Nuclear Power Plants have died due to small time exposure to material... Imagine what the residual radiation from a cobalt salted Soviet era nuke would do to a person.

To prevent further spread, Soldiers are ordered to contain and kill if the persons are spreading.

Mercy killings are also covered in the manual and OK'd by the department of the Army, Yay!

:confused:

Edit - Of course this is if we aren't busy dueling it out nuke for nuke. In which case these units are in their super cool bunkers waiting to punch mutants in the face.

MkVenner
02-12-03, 22:03
cool:p no PA then:p

jernau
02-12-03, 22:28
Marx - that radiation thing is all a cover story. They're really there to deal with the day zombies, inevitably, rise and take over the world. They will fail of course because zombies>all.

Marx
02-12-03, 22:30
Marx - that radiation thing is all a cover story. They're really there to deal with the day zombies, inevitably, rise and take over the world. They will fail of course because zombies>all.

You know, I wouldn't doubt it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jest
02-12-03, 22:31
Marx - that radiation thing is all a cover story. They're really there to deal with the day zombies, inevitably, rise and take over the world. They will fail of course because zombies>all. Hahaha nice. :p

Darth Slayer
02-12-03, 23:00
Originally posted by Oath
If he's from the future, with intimate knowledge of the past............how the fuck did he get busted??

nOOb.

Oath u always know how to make meh laff.........:lol:

ZoneVortex
03-12-03, 01:40
haha damn this is a great thread. I love this sorta thing...

and i love you guys too :p

in my post back there- i've tried explaining that to so many people and no one gets it. no one ever is even willing to listen.

woo i love this theory and philosophy

Cypher_Psy
03-12-03, 03:35
Reading about that and the other links people have given I went off on a Time Travel search and came across this ..

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,60141,00.html

Some poor dillusional bugger sending out spam on obtaining parts for a time machine.
It makes for a long read if you follow the links embedded in the two page report, but It's quite funny :D

As for time travel being possible?
Maybe, but not with a device you can just step in, the closest thing theorised so far is going near the edge of a black hole (no NOT into it) thus slowing time for the people in the craft, yet outside experiences many many years, then leaving the black hole back to Earth, (if it still exists) to find themselfs in the future :D

Time travel is something we would like to happen, but won't be happening any time soon™

Mingerroo
03-12-03, 17:11
haha damn this is a great thread. I love this sorta thing...

and i love you guys too :p

in my post back there- i've tried explaining that to so many people and no one gets it. no one ever is even willing to listen.

woo i love this theory and philosophy

I get it :) Its like, some people say "if the matrix is real, why would the machines let a film about it be published?", it is precisely that which causes them to allow its publication.

Tell me, of the people here, how many would have accepted a guy telling you we are stuck in a computer pogram before the matrix was released, and how many would accept it now? And if you said no both times, which time would you have been more inclined to accept it as fact, rather than just a guy leeching off a film?

Zone, you are not alone here :)

Mingoo

jernau
03-12-03, 17:16
The Matrix was hardly the first "is reality real?" film/book/comic/game/....

Not by a long shot. I get what you mean though.;)

Mingerroo
03-12-03, 19:09
The Matrix was hardly the first "is reality real?" film/book/comic/game/....

Not by a long shot. I get what you mean though.;)

Yeah I know, I tried to use something 'young', and 'fresh' for the pop culture youth :)

Mingoo

kurai
03-12-03, 20:35
lol :D

Is this damn thing still floating around ?

I had hoped it would just die and fade away eventually like most of the other big internet fads/hoaxes.

I don't think anyone has yet credibily "confessed" to creating it, but my personal opinion is that was an attempt to get people to think about and analyze current events and attitudes, rather than an outright hoax.

If you were in any doubt about it's "reality", however ... ignore all the obstruse political and scientific rambling/theories/speculation simply look at his central premise for the time trip ... to fix a problem with 32-bit Epoch based time (that's basically just another variation on the Year2k roll-over situation).

The issue is well known, fixes are planned or already in place and it's largely an irrelevant non-event. :D