PDA

View Full Version : Does KK care that pple are leaving en mass

Clothing_Option
02-12-03, 00:59
I know most clans on pluto are having the same personnel problems. and I realise this may be an old observation that pple have been leaving the game and not been replaced by new players. However, ive never seen somany pple leave in such a short period of time say the last 4 weeks
Its insane, at this point KK on Pluto should eliminate all factions but 2 and have only 1 clan per faction. Thats how small the player base has gotten. THE GAME HAS BROKEN DOWN ATLEAST ON PLUTO. In other words this game as it has been designed cant function with the # of pple playing... So this begs the question--ARE WE SUCKERS FOR PLAYING THIS GAME? These pple seem highly unresponsive.
If DOY is ready release the fucking thing
Thank you,

Vampire222
02-12-03, 01:02
ssi+ssi+nda+dark+BRTF VS FF + (spirit)

quite cosy still

and the flames when "outnumbered" cheer everyone up too!

t0tt3
02-12-03, 01:05
Think many of the plutonians has gone to Saturn where there are players still playing I know a few :rolleyes:

Clothing_Option
02-12-03, 01:06
Originally posted by Vampire222
ssi+ssi+nda+dark+BRTF VS FF + (spirit)

quite cosy still

and the flames when "outnumbered" cheer everyone up too!

Whatever jack

SS, DARK, and FF are the only big clans
anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional
but thanks for the otherwise useless reply
have a happy,

Marx
If DOY is ready release the fucking thing

DOY won't change the mind of people who're ready to leave it anyway...

Woo... Neocron with.. some more maps... Yay.

As I've said elsewhere, people leaving a game enmasse is nothing new, In DAoC I've been in clans which said 'fuck it' and moved to other games...

The only difference is they're able to replace gaps in the meat sheild easily...

And hopefully that will change here with a new (hopefully good) publisher.

Ascension
BRTF has now a main player base of 6 online same with most other clans on pluto, NCPD1 is disbanding and most of the bored people go FF..

I have slowed my logins these days cos there hardly ever anyone to tlk 2..

Originally posted by t0tt3
Think many of the plutonians has gone to Saturn where there are players still playing I know a few :rolleyes:

Its sad to say this.. but... is this it? the end of pluto?:( peeps are just not logging on or moving to a more active-ish server

DoY better be something good else KK can kiss goodbye:confused:

]v[ortice
02-12-03, 01:08
Read the other thread about MJS statement on German forum.

He said Neocron still has a 5 figure subscriber list.

It doesn't account for the decrease in runners on servers, but that cash is still coming in.

They aren't concerned atm is the message I got.

Clothing_Option
02-12-03, 01:10
Originally posted by ]v[ortice

It doesn't account for the decrease in runners on servers, but that cash is still coming in.

well there u go

Vampire222
02-12-03, 01:24
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
Whatever jack

SS, DARK, and FF are the only big clans
anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional
but thanks for the otherwise useless reply
have a happy,

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

REMUS
02-12-03, 01:29
Originally posted by ]v[ortice

in other woulds KK just dont care, im not renewing this time my sub ends in 2 weeks on all 3 of my accounts and fuck me if ill keep playing, if only just to prove a point. Becuase KK have done NOTHING to inspire my confidence in them since they nerfed hybrids.

atm i couldnt care less if KK release DOY it wont change my opinion of them, at this point ill only come back if worlds of warcraft turns out to be complete horse shit.

However ill keep fight night going for as long as i can and then i will pass it on to the person who i see as some one who can take the responsibility.

k thnx bye

Clothing_Option
02-12-03, 01:29
Originally posted by Vampire222
[ edited ]

[/flame]

Dude ur delusional you dont know WTF your talking about.
thats all i have to say
Thank you,

Furion
02-12-03, 01:30
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
Dude ur delusional you dont know WTF your talking about.
thats all i have to say
Thank you,

clothing stick to the rp forums ok, atleast there u can pretend to be an ass.

KimmyG
02-12-03, 01:31
If they wanna do something merge all english servers just like SB did.

Everyone is bitchy at 1st but most love it after they went from a low pop server to a super high pop server.

ezza
02-12-03, 01:33
people have been leaving this game en mass since retail started, my first clan doesnt exist apart from about 4 or 5 people(the original group of people from it anyway) and then my Followers of Crahn/Mercs of Destruction clan on saturn i can only think of maybe 3 people other than myself who still play.

this isnt something new its been happening a long time.

though that doesnt mean somthing shouldnt be done.

and KK have lots of accounts cos many of the players have more than one( i can think of one person who has 6) while i have2

Ascension
02-12-03, 01:34
this thread = this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83533)

Barak
02-12-03, 01:38
lol Vamp if you had any idea of the number of alts and lowbies and just plain "new to pvp" people you'd end up with about 7-8 max fighters..

bah i give up

Scikar
02-12-03, 01:38
Originally posted by ezza
people have been leaving this game en mass since retail started, my first clan doesnt exist apart from about 4 or 5 people(the original group of people from it anyway) and then my Followers of Crahn/Mercs of Destruction clan on saturn i can only think of maybe 3 people other than myself who still play.

this isnt something new its been happening a long time.

though that doesnt mean somthing shouldnt be done.

and KK have lots of accounts cos many of the players have more than one( i can think of one person who has 6) while i have2

Actually ezza, if you're referring to V-Nox, then there are still a lot of members around. Daed, Kan, Sel, me, you, Ben, Ten, and R@zor (though not 100% sure about R@z) all still play, and Casius still plays on Pluto along with a few other previous members.

I agree with Kimmy that a server merge would be a good idea, though I think it's more likely that KK wil simply shut down Pluto when it finally dies. Or maybe they will turn it into Neptune. /Me wishes.

ezza
02-12-03, 01:44
Originally posted by Scikar
Actually ezza, if you're referring to V-Nox, then there are still a lot of members around. Daed, Kan, Sel, me, you, Ben, Ten, and R@zor (though not 100% sure about R@z) all still play, and Casius still plays on Pluto along with a few other previous members.

I agree with Kimmy that a server merge would be a good idea, though I think it's more likely that KK wil simply shut down Pluto when it finally dies. Or maybe they will turn it into Neptune. /Me wishes.

yeah i was reffering to V-Nox tbh i dont see them around so figured they had gone the way of the rest.

i forgot about MiG as well, although still anumber of them about, considering the number of people in the clan when i was in it, its only a small percentage of them left(though im sure you will pick a hole in my point again:D )

and the point was a large number of people have been leaving for long time.

only logged in once in about a week myself, suprised i havnt been kicked from Titans and it aint cos i dont want to play the game thats stopped me logging, its issues in the game, until there sorted im unlikely to log on much

LVirus
02-12-03, 10:27
Seeya. Don't let the door hit you while you leave. More hardcore NON WHINEY players .. you all whineys can just leave and shove saturn to ur-anus :D

Beside, I will dream a day when I can walk about Pluto and on player will be there except me and that day, I will turn to GOD and shape that world for my own! Bwahahahahhh *evil cackle*

El Barto
02-12-03, 11:00
Neosron is a dead game, KK don't care to much cos they know the game is dieing and don't want to spend to much on it, this is why we have such a small team working on Neocron. THis game will last a while, but there won't be much of KK support as I think they think its a dead game.

Lareolan
02-12-03, 11:20
Threads like this one are a dime a dozen. Yes, we have all noticed it. I'm sure KK have noticed it too 'cause last I checked if they can type something on a message board odds are they have enough IQ to gauge the size of a number.
And yet again, no, KK don't give a damn. As I said before, I'm pretty sure they are just lieing to us to keep the cash flowing, they seem to have long since abandoned the game and are most likely working on their next project. There is no way in hell you can convince me that there is a team working on this game 5 days a week with the results we see. That's BS.

So there you have it.

Oh and regarding 5 digit account numbers. Well, they probably belong to the same place where Martin came up with his grandiose statement that Neocron has almost no serious bugs. That most people don't experience bugs and that even those who do only get a serious one once in a 24 hour period. (Yeah, right. Especially when I can't even stand and idle in Plaza for more than 30 minutes without an FRE or a synch or a teleport to some odd place). And that's not just me that this is happening to all the time.

IceStorm
02-12-03, 11:49
I'm taking a break from Pluto to watch 24 season 1 and 2, play some SSX3 hopefully, and maybe try out the Civ III expansion pack. The grind needed to get my last three DEX levels took a lot out of me and I'm not looking forward to what I have to do to get the last two INT levels (900 Warbots have to die, I believe).

My accounts are still in good standing, though. :-)

deac
02-12-03, 11:53
Originally posted by IceStorm
(900 Warbots have to die, I believe).

lol... kinda sad when you think about it :)

well i still like nc and pluto is the only decent server ;)... too bad im the only one left from my retail start clan... well maybe 2-5 still play.. and we did have 90+ members at a time when ppl had only 1 account.

Shadow Dancer
02-12-03, 12:24
Originally posted by KimmyG
If they wanna do something merge all english servers just like SB did.

Everyone is bitchy at 1st but most love it after they went from a low pop server to a super high pop server.

Whoa, did SB really do that? Can you give me details? What happened? Were their any negative side effects, how did people react exactly.......

Martin J. Schwiezer
02-12-03, 12:36
This thread states it as a fact, that players are "leaving en mass", which is BS. Therefor I have to close this thread. I've already given the reason for this in the thread "The death of Neocron" thread, but I am going to post it here again:

Just because long timers lose some of their buddies who have spent almost a year in the game doesn't mean that the game is dying. Subscriber numbers show that the gaps are refilled by new players and that new groups form on the servers where long-timers might not have immediate access to.

Since this thread states "People are leaving en mass" as if it was a "fact statement" ... I have to close it. Next time you want to discuss the fact that some of your buddies have left, please name the thread accordingly or at least name it as a question. Thanks.

Also, please keep in mind that a game cannot hold every player forever. I don't remember the last time, a game was fun to me for over a year. If it becomes boring after a year... why complain??? If you don't want to wait for DoY then you should better move on to the next game and then see for yourself whether it might entertain you for more than a year.