PDA

View Full Version : duke nukem forenever ?

greploco
02-12-03, 00:27
remember the idea of duke nukem forever ?

someone brought it up so I uploaded the flick

http://64.177.97.97/video.htm

next time you feel like grumbling about DOY remember the duke

(and the elusive Half Life for that matter I suppose, heh)

mystery8
02-12-03, 09:37
Elusive Half-Life? The one that was released 5 years ago? Or perhaps you mean Half-Life 2? The one that was only officially announced this April (or was it May?). Yeah, it sucks that Duke Nukem Forever is so delayed, but at least with Half-Life 2 we can be pretty sure we'll be getting a damn good game. With Duke we know very little aside from some ancient screenshots.

I agree with you though. When you consider how long Duke Nukem Forever has been in development, DoY's time doesn't look that bad :D

Lareolan
02-12-03, 11:41
Originally posted by mystery8
Elusive Half-Life? The one that was released 5 years ago? Or perhaps you mean Half-Life 2? The one that was only officially announced this April (or was it May?). Yeah, it sucks that Duke Nukem Forever is so delayed, but at least with Half-Life 2 we can be pretty sure we'll be getting a damn good game. With Duke we know very little aside from some ancient screenshots.

I agree with you though. When you consider how long Duke Nukem Forever has been in development, DoY's time doesn't look that bad :D

It's an invalid comparison. We are paying money in anticipation of DoY. People who have been waiting for Duke Nukem Forever have not spent a single cent on the thing.

02-12-03, 12:10
lol are they still intending to release 4ever?

Last thing I saw was the demo for it on the last DN game which ended

"Coming, when its ready"

Obviously its still not ready :-)

Wannabe
02-12-03, 12:53
Originally posted by Lareolan
It's an invalid comparison. We are paying money in anticipation of DoY. People who have been waiting for Duke Nukem Forever have not spent a single cent on the thing.

Uhh, I have not personally spend a single cent on DoY. I've spend money on my neocron account, not on my DoY account. And if you don't remember, DoY will be a free expansion for NC, not a brand new game you need to pay for.

So yes, not an invalid comparison in my opinion.

// Wannabe

mystery8
02-12-03, 13:00
Originally posted by Lareolan

Nobody's forcing you to continue paying for your account until DoY is out.

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 13:13
Originally posted by Wannabe
Uhh, I have not personally spend a single cent on DoY. I've spend money on my neocron account, not on my DoY account. And if you don't remember, DoY will be a free expansion for NC, not a brand new game you need to pay for.

So yes, not an invalid comparison in my opinion.

// Wannabe

Originally posted by Fenris
Post by MJS
DoY will not be released as an Expansion Pack but will be placed as a „new product“ on the market. The name will be “Neocron-Beyond Dome of York“. Thats only logical cause we will rework the city of Neocron optically and gameplay wise. And you can derive, without me stating it explicitly, that we will not send edged chars throught the beautifull streets ofboth towns.

Shadow Dancer
02-12-03, 13:14
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we will not send edged chars throught the beautifull streets ofboth towns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does that mean?

greploco
02-12-03, 13:15
ya, they are still working on it

apparantly they were halfway through one full up design based on the quake 2 engine --- which is what this movie comes from

then technology moves so quickly that they had to ditch most of their work. I think they have moved to the unreal engine and aside from reports that the game is being worked on there is _no_ real info at all.

there is money to be made in the brand, so yes, if they don't have their heads up their butts one day we will be playing this game. maybe.

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 13:17
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
quote:

What does that mean?

bad translation i think :p dunno tbh

Oath
02-12-03, 13:22
Mebbe it means we're not gonna be blocks now :p

If in doubt, babbelfish is about O_o

Shadow Dancer
02-12-03, 13:25
Damn I just saw the Duke Nukem vid. It looks kickass. The people just need better facial expressions in it though. They all had this blank look, it was awkard hearing a "scream" or someone being hysterical with a normal blank look on their face. LoL!!111oneone+2

I feel like playing the older Duke Nukems now. :D

Mumblyfish
02-12-03, 14:43
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
quote:
What does that mean?

Means our player models won't be made out of Lego. New player models + possibly reworked Neocron = happy boy!

Make Neocron look like Neofrag 1 Deck 3, the one that have a river and trees and an arched bridge. It's the best map in the game. Pity Plaza (or at least Via Rosso) doesn't look as beautiful and intricate.

Wannabe
02-12-03, 14:44
Post by MJS
DoY will not be released as an Expansion Pack but will be placed as a „new product“ on the market. The name will be “Neocron-Beyond Dome of York“. Thats only logical cause we will rework the city of Neocron optically and gameplay wise. And you can derive, without me stating it explicitly, that we will not send edged chars throught the beautifull streets ofboth towns.

Oh.. well... screw DoY then :-o

First off all it was promised as a free expansion, then secondly it's late as hell. And now we have to pay for it and it's still late.

Oh well, hopefully I get on the Faces of Mankind beta.

// Wannabe

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 14:46
thats what i am thinking (in a slightly more polite manner) :p

i am barely playing the game nowdays - unless major changes come with DoY i will play without it (if possible) or ill have to quit :(