View Full Version : im looking to make a hybrid

xenocide
01-12-03, 22:33
ds kami core exp 3; but i don't have ds yet so just exp 2;;

apu: 85 + 5 core + 40 kami + more with apu pa 2

ppu with carth minimum

mst: 63

PPW : the rest

just use all of the normal spells; beams for run casting and Holy lightning for mobbing; maybe holy pest. ionno though. help would be nice... I also need a ds... will give sex =D

xenocide.

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 22:40
Runcast beam with THAT much APU? Sorry, but your setup is in another castle. All your rares will do shit for shit if you're hybrid, so don't even think about Holy Pest. And I don't mean to be overly pessimistic, but no DS = no go.

ghandisfury
01-12-03, 22:51
You're going to get owned alot....but try it out. It looks like your setup is a bit screwy, and the negatives for your resist peirce is going to hurt oodles.

Anyway, try it out, see how you like it......it will take alot of work to make a really good one.

Shadow Dancer
01-12-03, 22:53
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
And I don't mean to be overly pessimistic, but no DS = no go.

Oh c'mon, please tell me it isn't that bad. I wanna make a hybrid, but I have no DS.

ghandisfury
01-12-03, 22:57
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Oh c'mon, please tell me it isn't that bad. I wanna make a hybrid, but I have no DS.

it's that bad.....maybe worse. I didn't like getting super owned by anybody with an energy gun...and (no offence) but with his negative peircing and nothing to make up for it he is going to die ALOT. You also have to consider that because of the negative attributes, every_single_item in your inventory needs to be all artifact. It's a big price to pay for....well, not much.

Shadow Dancer
01-12-03, 23:04
Originally posted by ghandisfury
it's that bad.....maybe worse. I didn't like getting super owned by anybody with an energy gun...and (no offence) but with his negative peircing and nothing to make up for it he is going to die ALOT. You also have to consider that because of the negative attributes, every_single_item in your inventory needs to be all artifact. It's a big price to pay for....well, not much.

Grrrr, that's so rediculous. Needing a freaking MC5 chip to be realisticly viable. :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 23:05
Not really. Hybrids aren't supposed to be viable anyway. But with a few tricks, you can get a decent one going.

In this case, the "few tricks" is having an entire clan back you up all the way. Huggles SXR!

Shadow Dancer
01-12-03, 23:09
Not really. Hybrids aren't supposed to be viable anyway. But with a few tricks, you can get a decent one going.

Well KK never said they DIDN'T want hybrids........... :(

In this case, the "few tricks" is having an entire clan back you up all the way. Huggles SXR!

sex?

SnotNosedBrat
01-12-03, 23:36
my apu with capped holy lightning has dropped fully buffed hybrids in about the time it takes to drop an unbuffed spy with capped holy lightning.

granted this was a duel with someone counting down but he literally had time for 1 shot before having to attempt to heal/do something

ppu buffs on a hybrid just makes him a gimped apu

great for duels and certain situations can be very helpful in op wars (they actually fill the support role monks are supposedly supposed to be)

antibuff them though and they drop very fast

ie. not all that great for op wars despite what some people are trying to do/say

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 23:38
If anyone ever says a hybrid is good for an OP war, they need a good knife in the face. Even a melee tank or a (gasp) droner would be more useful.

They are, however, good in duels versus anyone but an APU. Don't get me started on APUs...

Edit: And PvM. Gods of PvM are we!

Furion
01-12-03, 23:43
i just tried all possible setups in NF, WITHOUT a DS, and no, cant really say its viable. grrrrr, i sooo wanted it to work, lol.

Cruzbroker
02-12-03, 01:34
Naww, you just... don't know how :rolleyes:

ZoneVortex
02-12-03, 01:47
Hybridz are teh looze :(

Holy energy halo is teh winn

CarniFlex
02-12-03, 02:00
Get a ds before you go hybrid... pop an le in and farm mc5 for a few days with a friendly ppu who has no life (looks at Gestra).

/edit I made a list on damage i got off with holy lightning and energy beam, realised i did more damage with my energy beam at some point... then realised holy energy halo aint that bad spell at all once you get used to that little swirlie around the mobs./

Scikar
02-12-03, 02:10
Thing is, if you boost them to the point where a non-DS hybrid is viable, then all the ones with a DS become overpowered. You can't win really, without a glove idea.

Mumblyfish
02-12-03, 12:18
I agree. Leave the hybrids as they are, accessable only to people with the rarest of the rare. Got to give them something, right?