PDA

View Full Version : Utilize the soul-light faction

gostly
01-12-03, 19:11
ok, well i posted this idea in the brainport about 5 months ago, but it only got like 30 views and the people that did reply liked the idea...and i really wanna see this idea put into the game...just wanna know what the community thinks, please dont move this to brainport...

ok...when you start out in neocron...you start as the "SoulLight" Faction...and as the soullight faction, it will act like the LE chip...you cannot attack or be attacked by any runners...at some pre-set level(ex. at level 10)...you can leave the soullight faction and join a real faction for no cost...but that's an option...

this will give any true beginners to the game, a real chance to think about what faction they want to be...90% of the people i know first started out as a faction they didnt wanna be in...including myself, i started as DRE...realized no one else was DRE and wanted out...and now with the switching faction penalty's...it would be a true pain for a beginner to switch factions...i dont think they should have to re-roll just to switch...this idea would also get rid of the annoying LE chip and any penalty's it has(taking up a brain slot/the 10 minute wait to remove it which most advanced players do anyways when they start a new char/etc.)...

also i realize "what about apartments"...well this is what i think should happen...you dont start with any apartment...instead you start with the GR "Outzone Subway Station" in your list which you can gr to...and once you join a real faction...you are then given a starter apartment (primary) for the chosen faction...

now if you're in a real faction already...i cant think if you should or shouldnt be able to become the "SoulLight" faction...so i'll leave that up to any opinions...

if anyone has any ideas that'll solve anything wrong with this idea...just post it

REMUS
01-12-03, 19:14
sounds like a good idea to me, it would add tot he feel of arriveing a in a new place if they arrive in outzone, but noobs maybe wouldnt know what to do or where to go.

if you can anwear that i do see a problem ppl can go to a faction hq and sign up and get 50 FS in their chosen faction.

greploco
01-12-03, 19:17
good ideas

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82834