PDA

View Full Version : [All Forum Users Please Read] What can we do to help save neocron.....?

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:05
OK, well I havent really got any ideas but I know that TGR killer is planning on making a fan site and advertising.

The only thing I can think of is to add the www.neocron.com url to every signiture in a forum, and post a banner on your own web pages if you can.

We need to advertise for KK, if we are going to save neocron for future users.

Anymore ideas then post them here pls, just dont ignore this problem if you love this game then help us, as we need to do something to draw new people into the game.

Delphi

Cruzbroker
01-12-03, 18:07
Change that to "Get more players to Neocron", I do it alrdy..

superfresh
01-12-03, 18:43
Word of mouth seems like the best strategy in the US. As of now, you don't walk into a Wal Mart or Babbages or whatever and see Neocron boxes lining the shelves, although I wish they did. I got mine at a Babbages and the store manager had never heard of it. After several minutes of description he found a lone copy in their store room. He literally had to wipe the dust off it. :( Everyone I know who has it was encouraged by a friend to get it.

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 18:47
I don't have many skills, certainly not enough to make a website and such. But I do have money, and I'm not spending it, so keep an eye on Nuklearpower.com (8-Bit Theatre) and Weebls-stuff.com in January.

I'm just hoping paying for advertisements without KK's permission isn't illegal... oop...

-FN-
01-12-03, 18:48
)M'eh. I've tried this before (Re: For those who want to support Neocron... (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81671&highlight=gamespot)) Got some ok feedback from the community, but nothing that made the game boom.

I still write long, decent reviews on NC making sure to hit the key points (You can't judge an MMORPG by the first two weeks of gameplay, Constant Progress via Patching, etc) and I've brought my share of players to NC, some who have come and gone, some who are still here with me. And I run (when the server isn't torn apart in my livingroom for upgrades :p ) The SXR website and forums and and working on a fansite to be released within the next few weeks.

Not sure what else I can do o_O

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:49
I just asked nid on the death of neocron forums..... hopefully we will get some come back on that, coz if i build my web sites then I will be putting a nc banner on there (if im allowed as it is a charity web sites, although will be a big hitter :S)

Delphi

El Barto
01-12-03, 18:53
Nothing thats what, every games dies at some time, and it seems this is when Neocron will die (well soon any ways). I agree its wellllllll before it should be gone, but advertising on your web sites and stuff will do next to nothing, unless you can get loads of copies of Neocron onto shop shelves, theres not much we can do. Although I would like some one to PROVE (not just say it) me wrong.