PDA

View Full Version : The death of Neocron...

L0KI
01-12-03, 17:11
This isnt another whining thread. More of a factual observation.

Firstly, 17 of our clan members have cancelled their accounts in the last 2 weeks.
Secondly, the Uranus server in particular has around 45 players online (gmt daytime) and a MAXIMUM of 165 players at PEAK time.

We have a clan of 160 members, and as of about a month ago, we havent had more than 9 or 10 on at once.

I know of over 50 people in the community whom are quitting their accounts, and not even bothering coming back for DoY!

Its becoming depressing to log in and see more and more of your friends have left, and i know a lot fo other people feel the same about this.

Something needs to be done, THIS YEAR, to save Neocron. DoY is coming too late, FACT. By that time. there will be 30-90 people on each server.

Im not 100% sure what exactly needs to be done. But perhaps some VERY easy spawning events to give people something to do?!?

Im sure people have masses of ideas....

This is a great game, that has had so many people addicted for such a long time. Dont let it die :(

If you disagree, post it, but no flames pls

garyu69
01-12-03, 17:13
We are having the same problems :(

I wish everyone would foget about DoY though.

All this needs is a bigger player base and advertising is needed for that.

phunqe
01-12-03, 17:16
We, TGM, were the second biggest CA clan on Pluto once.
How many are we (active) now? 5-6 people.

:(

greploco
advertizing - lots has been said already about it

L0KI
hehe, just as i log on, 2 more announcements in clan forum of people quitting NC.

Both have 2 accounts each....

greploco
01-12-03, 17:18
well, and a better trading system than yelling stuff in plaza 1 or posting something in the forum - offline style market like they have in eve, already posted about this as well. it would totally transform the game, in a very good way.

Wharg0ul
01-12-03, 17:19
New players are joining, even as older ones leave. See it happen all teh time...older players get worn out and leave...in batches, it seems. New players take their place. It sucks to see friends leave, but that's one of the downfalls with online gaming.
A word to some of the higher-lvl players bitching about lack of players though.....consider that when you PK someone 50 levels lower than you, and loot him, you may be driving someone away from the game.
I know some ppl will scream "Role-Playing", but if you make the game not fun for new players, then there will BE no new players, and your game will die. Leave the damn lowbies alone....especially me :D

shodanjr_gr
I think that a way to fix it would be for KK to increase their GM team. Say like 10 more GMs organising simple spawning events. No need to be part of the story line. Just give peeps something that dont have every day.

james_finn
We had exactly the same problem on pluto

PIMP the main clan on the server, fell from well over 60 active members to about 10, and even then not at the same time, some thing needs to be done, and be DONE NOW before KK looses all of their fan base, I will be with neocron to the end, whenever that will be, I havent stopped playing since beta 4 and dont plan to

LONG LIVE Neocron

Delphi

Jesterthegreat
personally i think kk should release as much of DoY as is complete.

why wait for publisher? you can STILL release it as a NC / DoY bundle when you get a publisher... and this way you will have people here to play it while you sort the publisher :p

i am not saying DoY will save everything... but something has to be done ffs... i am the one planning SUKING and i play / chat on #neocron and even i am begining to consider taking a break (at the very least)

i would really hate to leave this game and leave this community - however other than a few mates there is nothing at all keeping me here.

don't tell me to reroll and try a new class. i have got every class to * or more. don't tell me to do any sort of leveling - thats what i have done for 13 months. don't tell me to PvP i do that regularly nowdays. don't tell me to tradeskill i have a 187 skill researcher.

there are few things in this game i have yet to do.

NC needs some high level content. it needs something to keep us here. it needs something to keep us amused.

what it doesnt need is people coming here and demanding a bunch of changes (REMOVE LE'S! / LOSE SAFESLOT / ETC ETC) because thats what that person wants. this happens more and more - people come on and abuse people who disagree with them.

tbh i truely think something must be done. and it must be done soon. i currently play 11 chars - none of them hold much interest to me at all. :(

if it wasnt for things like SUKING, things like SSC, people like Rabbi / Matt / Lee / Inject / N1nj4b0y / Danae / Spikez etc... i would have been gone by now.

well i guess ill stop now before i depress myself :D

Marx
01-12-03, 17:23
DoY won't save people who've already lost interest in the game.

Sure, they'll play for a coupla weeks more, exploring and such - but it's not abnormal for people to leave the game like that.

Generally marketing brings in more people to replace them; so such losses aren't noticed.

That isn't the case here because the advertiser was shite.

L0KI
01-12-03, 17:24
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
personally i think kk should release as much of DoY as is complete.

why wait for publisher? you can STILL release it as a NC / DoY bundle when you get a publisher... and this way you will have people here to play it while you sort the publisher :p

i am not saying DoY will save everything... but something has to be done ffs... i am the one planning SUKING and i play / chat on #neocron and even i am begining to consider taking a break (at the very least)

i would really hate to leave this game and leave this community - however other than a few mates there is nothing at all keeping me here.

don't tell me to reroll and try a new class. i have got every class to * or more. don't tell me to do any sort of leveling - thats what i have done for 13 months. don't tell me to PvP i do that regularly nowdays. don't tell me to tradeskill i have a 187 skill researcher.

there are few things in this game i have yet to do.

NC needs some high level content. it needs something to keep us here. it needs something to keep us amused.

what it doesnt need is people coming here and demanding a bunch of changes (REMOVE LE'S! / LOSE SAFESLOT / ETC ETC) because thats what that person wants. this happens more and more - people come on and abuse people who disagree with them.

tbh i truely think something must be done. and it must be done soon. i currently play 11 chars - none of them hold much interest to me at all. :(

if it wasnt for things like SUKING, things like SSC, people like Rabbi / Matt / Lee / Inject / N1nj4b0y / Danae / Spikez etc... i would have been gone by now.

well i guess ill stop now before i depress myself :D

Too fuckin right, especially the:

"personally i think kk should release as much of DoY as is complete."

@ Wharg0ul
If you have been playing for a year or more, you will have noticed the ever decreasing server populations. Example, just 3 months ago when i started the clan, there was at peak 300 on Uranus. Now its 1/2 that amount

Jesterthegreat
01-12-03, 17:27
i remember when there was NEVER less than a hundred on any server at any time :(

KK... why the hell cant you either make CDV sort this or do it yourselves?

now i dunno what was in your contract obviously... but surely they are required to do a certain amount / spend a certain amount?

cant you send CD's and temparary accounts with 4 fully capped chars to reviewers? give them a cover note explaining PvP? hell i would sign up to be on a list of names they could come to for NC advise / interview!

RuButt
01-12-03, 17:28
i have quit 3 times, and all 3 times was because of serious lagg and syncing problems...

and as i havnt changed my speccs much since BETA.....its not my fault...

there was a patch that fucked it up severly for me, i couldnt play for 5 mins without crashing....everytime i synced through a zone...i got stuck in black sync...

because i couldnt play....5 ppl also cancelled their accounts...and because of them some other ppl quit....and...etc..

and im guessing that most other people are quitting because of the severe lagg problems to.

MkVenner
Yeah if they released what there is of DoY then that would probly keep the people who are still here for longer, and i know quite a few people who have left, but would come back, that way when the complete DoY is packeged and released with NC and readvertised the people who will join wont be greeted with empty servers so they'll be more likely to stay

L0KI
This will just be another thread that fizzles out and dies by the end of the day. Nothing will be done, and the inevitable will happen.

RuButt
01-12-03, 17:29
Originally posted by L0KI
This will just be another thread that fizzles out and dies by the end of the day. Nothing will be done, and the inevitable will happen.

True.

phunqe
01-12-03, 17:30
Please close the deal with the publisher soon.
I'm gonna cry (seriously) if it dies :(

MkVenner
01-12-03, 17:30
unfortunatly true

I been playing 2 months 2day, i still love NC, ATM ive only played on Saturn, if i start to loose interest i can always try another server...and i dont think n e one wants to see it die

Jesterthegreat
01-12-03, 17:33
*sigh*

if only there was a way to get kk to realise we have some good ideas and we do want to help here...

i am the last person who would want NC to die. i havent taken a break since beta 2. (well im technically taking a break now - my ISP is FUCKED and i cant access NC or any web pages :p

strangely MSN / IRC / DAoC works though lol

thats about 14 - 15 months i have played this (including beta). i used to own a second account. hell i technically own a third account (brothers). however i cant see NC living if changes arent made...

L0KI
01-12-03, 17:34
I started when retail started, played:
Uranus
Venus
Pluto
Saturn

(in that order)

Bakc to Uranus in the end, as i liked how "International" it was. However, now its 80% german, 15% eng/US, 5% swedish

Even that i can cope with, but of the stonking 47 players that are online at the moment, id guess at 10 of them being able to speak by language, maybe 20, but u get my point.

EDIT - I think the Neptune server may help. No safe zones etc...
And i even think KK could more than afford to shut down 1 server all together to make way for it.

Jesterthegreat
01-12-03, 17:37
to be fair rabbi - it is 3pm on a monday :p

most of NC is at school *hides* lol

alot of UK peeps dont get on til 6pm(ish). even i cant go on now (i work at a school btw) - not that i can when i get home unless freeserve have got their fingers out :p

ah well... we can drunkenly yell our ideas at Danae in feb :p (j/k nae - dont be mean to me! :p)

MkVenner
01-12-03, 17:37
And theres such a good story line behind the game, maybe if they could tap into that some how

yeah im at work atm too...:o

SnotNosedBrat
01-12-03, 17:39
am i the only one who likes neocron because of the small community? :O

if i remember correctly beta3 had about 600-800 people. That was alright as well. neocron with 1500+ people i think i would quit. imagine trying to do mc5/cave runs? .......

i like smaller communities in mmorpgs. i can actually level my character without 30 other people right next to me

Jesterthegreat
01-12-03, 17:40
it would be nice... but how many storyline guys have had to leave so far?

story line just doesnt get into the game :(

a MC5 and a few kami mobs are not storyline IMHO. GM's spawning DoY troopers and attacking MB is not storyline IMHO.

and yet alot of the peope moaning about story line are people who have never read neocronicle O_o

:edit: you wont like it when KK kill NC due to income / outcome inbalances :(

MkVenner
01-12-03, 17:41
yeah a community too big would kill it too, around about 400-500 on at n e one time would be around about right, but if they were to get that many people then maybe they could hire more people, i mean theres that other city in asia, the colony on mars that they could expand into

james_finn
01-12-03, 17:42
I can just see it, going back to one of the earlier posts as the servers empty and theres not many people left playing neocron, and suddenly theres this huge advertisement telling people about DoY and NC they will come onto the servers and find theres noone there, there will be no capped chars to help people. and it will look like a dead game. Something needs to be done now before its too late.

This is one of the reason I set up my clan on Pluto (-=TRiPS=-) we are looking to try to do some events to keep people happy and on the server. Its got to such a point that the "hard-core" of the community are having to put the time into kepping the game alive and active. KK need to wake up and smell the incoming doom, because it looks like just the community can see the future and unfortunatly for the short term it doesnt look bright.

Delphi

P.S. BTW any help from anyone on Pluto who wants to help with a event or two, contact me Delphi or Nova Ti'empo II for details, the more help we get the better the event will be!

L0KI
Even crazy spawns is fun (imo of course!) :p

It gives people something to do, and people tell friends on Teamspeak to log on etc.

Server populations increase for all of 30 mins, then people say, hey, whilst we have 20 people online, lets go take some OPs.

Then the defenders do the same!

It doenst take much really...

[TgR]KILLER
Atm me and some ppl are working on a BIG nc fansite.. prob gonna host the free trail downloads ourselfs to as we got our own server on a 100 Mbit line.. thus the site will have loads of info.. and a forum.. today or tomorrow the temp page is gonna be up that will have a "join mailinglist" option and with that we will notify u as soon the "real" site will be up.. its a huge project so its gonna take a few more weeks @ least to finish up.. but gonna spam the site on any game forum i know.. if CDV aint advertising i sure as hell will..

Originally posted by SnotNosedBrat
imagine trying to do mc5/cave runs? .......

i like smaller communities in mmorpgs. i can actually level my character without 30 other people right next to me

Well that is the same reason i have a damn hard time leveling my PE.. everybody knows a PE needs a team to level ( quick ) same with a PPU who needs an APU to level.. and finding a team is a bitch most of the time..

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 17:45
Originally posted by MkVenner
that other city in asia

NeoTokyo

the colony on mars

I'm personally more interested in Irata III. Here's hoping 'Cron lives long enough for us to see that!

Jesterthegreat
Even crazy spawns is fun (imo of course!) :p

It gives people something to do, and people tell friends on Teamspeak to log on etc.

Server populations increase for all of 30 mins, then people say, hey, whilst we have 20 people online, lets go take some OPs.

Then the defenders do the same!

It doenst take much really...

they are more fun than nothing :p

and i didnt say they sucked - but they are not storyline :p

and @ the peeps who say no big community... if it gets big, kk get rich, kk get more servers, kk make new worlds, same size community - more servers! w00t :p

MkVenner
I dont know jack all about making web sites, programming etcv but n e other way i vcould help to keep NC alive i would...cept i dont have much free time

L0KI
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
Atm me and some ppl are working on a BIG nc fansite.. prob gonna host the free trail downloads ourselfs to as we got our own server on a 100 Mbit line.. thus the site will have loads of info.. and a forum.. today or tomorrow the temp page is gonna be up that will have a "join mailinglist" option and with that we will notify u as soon the "real" site will be up.. its a huge project so its gonna take a few more weeks @ least to finish up.. but gonna spam the site on any game forum i know.. if CDV aint advertising i sure as hell will..

impressive 8|

I use www.neocron.com banners on EVERY forum i visit.
I had a couple of RL m8s that started playing, both laughed at the game saying that the server i play on had 27 people on when they started, so they lasted all of 3 hours.

EDIT - spelling mistake :p

james_finn
01-12-03, 17:46
right on TGR, If you need n e help with anything then gimme a shout, dm me for my e-mail addy if you want, its about time neocron got advertised.

Delphi

MkVenner
01-12-03, 17:47
like i sed i dont know jack all abnout making web sites but n e way i can help TgR i will...PM me coz i dont think im on the same server as u...tho im not sure how i could help...

james_finn
01-12-03, 17:51
Well maybe we should set up a group of people who are willing to spend their time advertising neocron and see what we can do to make this great game more well known. I for one do not mind finding time to help people with good ideas!

PM me if ya wanna help

Delphi

Hakusho
01-12-03, 17:52
i played neocron since beta 4 as well as most of u guys did ......and in the begining it very much seemed like it was to be the game i would windle my life away too =) .....

but thats not what happend .......

i quit nc about 3 months ago .....(again). for the same reason most do. ...lack of support .....lack of players ........and the everlasting problem ....lack of change .......i mean u can only cap every character class so many times before the boredom makes u go crazy .....then u get into the pk mode and thats why all the noob killing goes on , theres nothing better to do.

but i continued to play....hoping kk would realize that nc is slowly dying ,and hoped they would do something to save it. at this point i dont even think doy could save nc from the path its on ....

put it this way ......we the beta players basicly brought most of the gamers to nc by telling everyone and there mothers about nc .
but what now .....kk doesnt advertisenc at all ....and all us old players have left ...or are waiting on other games to come out.
im not trying to start nothing just voice whats going on here .....but what is gonna happen later this year when even more games come out ......i recently went to final fantasy 11 online .......and i dont mean to diss on nc at all .......but.
even tho im big on pvp .....and final fantasy online doesnt have really a pvp ...and is semi-turned based .....not like the other FF's tho,

as it just came out and all, they have everything nc lacks ....and thats kinda sad.

i wish there was something that would cause me to even want to come back to nc .....but to do that (in my eyes) they would need to make a whole new game......or atleast atempt to do something to save nc ......like maybe fix what needs to be done instead of throwing random stuff into the game......

but i guess im done .......good luck nc players ......sorry about the post but i needed to say this ....... but i think most will agree oh and all sorry about all the (..........)

take care guys

[TgR]KILLER
01-12-03, 17:52
Originally posted by james_finn
right on TGR, If you need n e help with anything then gimme a shout, dm me for my e-mail addy if you want, its about time neocron got advertised.

Delphi

as soon the temp page is up u can join the mailing list.. for now everybody who joins the list is gonna get send back to my e-mail.. 1 thing slowing us down a bit is that we have a 100 mbit line.. but we'r working on putting the server together.. as soon thats done we can create the database and get to pushing data in..

its gonna have @ least a forum.. @ least most if not all data from neocron.ems.ru but just updated.. also putting a screenshot section in.. a download the trail / patches ( yet again hosted on our server since we got a 100 mbit connection )

ow and 1 thing i miss here.. a buy neocron page.. esp for us dutch ppl.. we gotta look for HOURS ( not joking :/ ) to find neocron in a online shop.. so i'm putting a list together of online shops who sell neocron.. if u know one just pm it to me.. can be from all country's..

MkVenner
01-12-03, 17:54
short of handing out fliers in the street i dunno what i could do :confused: hmm...n e thing in game id help, althugh unless its on Saturn id need to lvl it abit unless that aint needed

Kimiko
01-12-03, 17:55
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I think that a way to fix it would be for KK to increase their GM team. Say like 10 more GMs organising simple spawning events. No need to be part of the story line. Just give peeps something that dont have every day.

Story line related, but not essential (Ie, doesnt really move the story on all that much - like side quests in BG) are something I would love to do as a GM - yet its been weeks since I sent an email asking about GM applications, and I havnt heard ANYTHING.

I really think KK needs to prioritise - DoY may bring people in, but what if its dead before then?

L0KI
01-12-03, 17:55
Imo, Neocron is THE BEST game in its class.

Its just lacking in so many areas... :(

Any yea, more mass spawning events would be a very temp solution.

PS - Give this thread 5 stars, more likely to attract attention :p

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 17:59
Killer, you're my hero.

If I knew jack about websites, I'd make my own. But it'd all collapse and turn into a cow fetish site... sigh...

MkVenner
01-12-03, 17:59
ditto...well maybe not the cow part :p

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:00
Yeah but spawning events are all well and good, but i would rather the time was put into getting rid of the major bugs which have been around since beta. I know most of us old hands have got used to them, but just think how a new player thinks when he gets online and gets a FRE and has to restart the game only to sync in, and get the sync bug and then come on and have the 00 bug! They would just give up and forget it.

I know thats a bit extreme, but im sure it happens!

Delphi

J. Folsom
01-12-03, 18:03
Yeah but spawning events are all well and good, but i would rather the time was put into getting rid of the major bugs which have been around since beta. I know most of us old hands have got used to them, but just think how a new player thinks when he gets online and gets a FRE and has to restart the game only to sync in, and get the sync bug and then come on and have the 00 bug! They would just give up and forget it.

I know thats a bit extreme, but im sure it happens!

Delphi Actually, spawning events wouldn't detract any time at all from the bug fixing, unless the whole GM team are also NC's programmers. :P

XaNToR
01-12-03, 18:03
loki u should read ingame event forum if u cry for a event:rolleyes:

[TgR]KILLER
01-12-03, 18:04
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Killer, you're my hero.

If I knew jack about websites, I'd make my own. But it'd all collapse and turn into a cow fetish site... sigh...

Hell i don't know alot about PhP or databases myself.. but my lead webdesigner does.. and he got friends who know fuckloads more.. i had loads of idea's now i found somebody who can make them come true.. i got about 50 pages full of info.. he just needs to kick it into the site ( as soon the server is ready ) and i gonna do the adversiting.. i payed for the domain etc.. he aint THAT known with nc.. his highest level char is like / 44 from what i understoot :p but he's dutch to makes talking easy to.. not that i got probs with english tho..

Strych9
01-12-03, 18:05
I am not sure what you hope to achieve here- are you thinking this is the first thread of its kind?

I stopped playing Neocron for over a year- when I came back, the forum indicated my last post was 420 days ago, so actually over a year.

I left only because I wanted to check out other things, and had a healthy dose of Neocron at that time. No big dramatic I am leaving posts. No predictions of death and gloom for the game. I just realized that I now wanted to see if I could have fun somewhere else.

And now I am back, and I am having fun once again. Just trying something I didnt try before (rifle Spy), and it is just as fun as it was before.

I hope everyone realizes that no one is obligated to stay with the same game indefinitely, and no game is obligated to keep every person that every played it enthralled indefinitely. No matter what KK does to this game, people will still get bored, or still be unhappy, and invariably people will move on. And invariably, people will come back to play it again later if they liked it.

If you like this game, then by all means play it. If you no longer have fun, no one expects you to stick around and moan about it.

But posts like the one that started this thread have been around since the beta days. Its just a part of the MMORPG gaming cycle. People get bored or unhappy and leave. Its just that simple. If KK tried to retain EVERY player and keep EVERY player happy, this game never would have gotten off the ground.

EDIT: It seems that for every person that clamours for more in-game RP events, there are two more ready to show up and try to ruin it.

L0KI
01-12-03, 18:05
Why not release DoY in stages...

STARTING NEXT FUCKING WEEK...

Stage one, EVERYTHING you have done so far...

Then everytime you have more to add, ADD IT!!!

watch the server populations ROCKET up, watch people (players of NC) advertise it themselves everywhere they go!

When its complete, get your new advertisers to market the NC/DoY bundle pack, and prepare to absorb plenty of cash from paying cutomers.

If you (KK) leave the game how it is until the end of Q1 2004, your efforts will have been for nothing. At the moment, the game wont last THAT long.

EDIT - XaNToR, whoop-dee-doooo, A fight night.

Bunch of egotistical fighters duelling for a couple of hours, several of them will claim they crashed, several will just win and then spam trade with " I > U oneoneonoenoen!!!!!11111eleven". Not criticising you XaNT, but do you REALLY think a fightnight is the answer to the death of the game?

EDIT AGAIN - @Strych9, i KNOW this is not the first of its kind, but the situation is much worse than it has ever been. It doesnt take a genius to realise that this game is close to death.

[TgR]KILLER
01-12-03, 18:10
Why not release DoY in stages...

STARTING NEXT FUCKING WEEK...

Stage one, EVERYTHING you have done so far...

thats like release a car without an engine.. i doubt they are making DOY map by map..

Its the same for me i'm not releasing the whole site untill all is done.. or @ least 90% i hate not working stuff..

same with DOY.. if its bugged as fuck missing walls missing lifts.. its gonna scare more ppl off then it will get them.. don't u think mate ?

MkVenner
01-12-03, 18:12
yeah but maybe relese say a new vehical thats gunna be in and a coupla guns...things like that

L0KI
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
thats like release a car without an engine.. i doubt they are making DOY map by map..

Its the same for me i'm not releasing the whole site untill all is done.. or @ least 90% i hate not working stuff..

same with DOY.. if its bugged as fuck missing walls missing lifts.. its gonna scare more ppl off then it will get them.. don't u think mate ?

Yeah, i suppose. Bad idea. Drastic times call for drastic measures tho. Im sure something better could be done, but i dont see mods/devs jumping at the chance to tell us whats gonna be done :(

naimex
hmm.. something interesting to do would be daily events ^^

ezza
01-12-03, 18:14
not read much of whats been said, but from the first post, i got to say the same problem happened with my clan on saturn, was originally in a clan called Followers of Crahn, from the days when we had about 20 active players(though cos of time zones never at once)off the members that are left id say there no more than 4, plus i can count about 15-20 people who left the game from other clans iwas in. its looking grim tbh dunno how many noobs are starting the game, but its looking like more are quiting that joining

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:14
Guys rather than talking about the death, post in my thread about waht we, as a communtiy can do to advertise about the game and draw new players in, especially TGR get ur new fansite info in there!

Delphi

MkVenner
01-12-03, 18:16
i only know of 2 other people who joined after me (2months ago) tho that is only in my clan, tho 1 has left...still an increse, granted more people have joined the CLAN but i mean actual NC

[TgR]KILLER
01-12-03, 18:17
Guys rather than talking about the death, post in my thread about waht we, as a communtiy can do to advertise about the game and draw new players in, especially TGR get ur new fansite info in there!

Delphi

i'll release the link as soon the temp site with the mailing list is up.. should be in 1/2 days.. like i said as soon our server is setup we'r gonna put all info ( thats LOADS ) into the databases asap and release the full site.. just hang tight :)

Dribble Joy
01-12-03, 18:18
Is it only the publisher that can do advertising?
Can KK do it as well?
A few banners (easy to do, hell why not use some that the community made?) on various high traffic sites.

Penny Arcade
IGN
Gamespy
You have any idea how many people read webcomics? HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS.
Anything, a banner for 1 month at each, doesn't cost that much AKAIK, and would bring many people into the game.

[TgR]KILLER
01-12-03, 18:19
btw somebody tell me what the most used banner sizes are.. like the banners that u put on top of site's.. still need to make one :)

MkVenner
01-12-03, 18:19
why not write off to mags like PC Gamer and see if they would b willing to rereview it, ok i gotta leavew work now

[TgR]KILLER
01-12-03, 18:23
why not write off to mags like PC Gamer and see if they would b willing to rereview it, ok i gotta leavew work now

I am @ work.. if my boss see's me on the forums i'm toast..

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-12-03, 18:24
Rabbi is right, I was gonna make a thread like this, but I figured someone elce would sooner or later.I hardly even log on to neocron any more, and I used to play 6 + hrs a day.

a lot of our clan have left, and I see so many others either on our server or here on the forums quit.

Like I said a while ago in the "totally unacceptable" thread, if I was in charge I would try to reverse this.But it looks like it is easier said than done.

Legoias
01-12-03, 18:24
Word of mouth > All

I started this game at the retail lauch when a mate told me about it. I had never heard of the game, never seen a single screen shot or read a review about it. Now that the population at an all time low it'll be hard to spread the word and now with all the other MMORPGs coming along Neocron is looking a little rough.

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:27
Slight problem with getting them to re-review it, it still has the same bugs in it as it did when they reviewed it the first time! I dont fink KK, or even people who will read it, will understand all about the new content, tbh there really hasnt been that much new stuff added, ok a couple of vehicles, and some new weapons, oh and lets not forget the new dynamic signs outside of the ops, but lets be honest it doesnt really justify the year and a bit work since it was released! But the problem is also the the people at PC Gamer dont have enough time to get into the communtiy, and enjoy the human aspect of it, because thats wot keeps me in nc!

Delphi

Psyco Groupie
01-12-03, 18:27
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:30
hey why are u flaming the person who tsrated the thread? He's trying to help KK, and sort the game out, something needs to be done and if we do it in a civilized manner then maybe, just maybe other people will join in, and talk too! We need everyones opinion!

"Just grow up and stop being childish" - a quote from my mum

Delphi

L0KI
01-12-03, 18:33
edited

i had a good comeback tho ;)

I am what i eat ! (cheers golb :p)

SpAcEDoUbT
01-12-03, 18:33
Ack , edited... as suggested below . :)

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:35
oh come on guys, lets not sink to his lvl, the thread will jus be closed, and this is an interesting thread, and people should be able to read it and submit their ideas to it!

Delphi

L0KI
01-12-03, 18:37
Yeah, psycho, kind of off topic. If you have anything constructive to say, say it. If you don't, then stay off this thread.

Dribble Joy
01-12-03, 18:38
Can players place banners to NC/advertise NC on other sites? Or can only KK/publisher do that.
I would gladly pay £40 to put a banner at the top of Penny arcade for a month.

RuButt
01-12-03, 18:40
where are the links to the winning NC banners?

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:43
urm as for the links i dont know, im sure someone knows!

Spacedout thanks for editing the post :) I just feel that if we can do something for the game then it will bring in new members, used to be always that i would meet a noob online and have to help them, now I never do that, havent for months, is there no new base?

Delphi

james_finn
01-12-03, 18:45
--> Hehehe I beet nid to the post :) Well dun guys for editing :)

Delphi

[Edit:] BTW nid do u have anything to add to this thread? Also is it possible for people to put banners up for KK, and pay for them, there not gunna get sued or n e fing like that coz its kk's intulectual property r they?

Drake6k
01-12-03, 18:49
Of the 23 people in TAG (my old clan) 21 of them quit playing the game.

Zanathos
01-12-03, 19:00
Id hate to see Neocron go.

I do what I can to get people to play it.

Neocron is one of a kind.

SWG is for the fans of Star Wars I bet.

FOMK isnt even out yet. but when it does it will be a threat to Neocron. FOMK is more of roleplaying, Neocron is more of PvP

JackScratch
01-12-03, 19:02
Loki, could you do me a big favor and look up the word "fact" in the dictionary. You clearly don't know what it means.

Fact: Threads like this are Neocrons biggest problem.

ezza
01-12-03, 19:03
Originally posted by Zanathos
Id hate to see Neocron go.

I do what I can to get people to play it.

Neocron is one of a kind.

SWG is for the fans of Star Wars I bet.

FOMK isnt even out yet. but when it does it will be a threat to Neocron. FOMK is more of roleplaying, Neocron is more of PvP

heh it might be a more roleplaying game but the amount of known pkers on there forum is funny, id like to see em roleplay when they get killed at every turn.

i think neocron has a lot more life init but its needs to reach people who would be interested in the game, doesnt help when most shops dont even stock the game though

shend
01-12-03, 19:06
people come and people go

i hate dungeons and dragons, elves and dwarves and all that shite. i honestly don't have the slightest clue where to go to.
neocron is ok for me

our clan came from 20 people to about 97 atm

i can't blame people leaving a clan
shit like that happens

doomsday ain't my cup of tea

Ascension
01-12-03, 19:08
Well on pluto most clans have 7-8 online then theres FF:wtf:

18-24 peak times:(

juvestar15
01-12-03, 19:09
Originally posted by JackScratch
Loki, could you do me a big favor and look up the word "fact" in the dictionary. You clearly don't know what it means.

Fact: Threads like this are Neocrons biggest problem.

How about you do us all a favour and either.....
a.) STFU.
or
b.) Look up "fact" yourself.

How is raising an issue killing the game? When my football team was having money problems they came out and said, "We don't have money and soon we will close shop". The memberships went from 10,000 to 40,000 in 2 years.

Scikar
01-12-03, 19:25
Personally I think Pluto and Uranus are dying, while Saturn seems to be doing just fine. I have many newbies just recently on Saturn, and have happily helped them out.

james_finn
01-12-03, 19:25
I totally agree, we need people to sit up and take notice of this problem, the server numbers are dwindling, and if we trun artound and start advertising for neocron ourselves, not only will we bring in new members but also will help to keep one of the best MMORPGS (that I have plaid) running!

Delphi

Psycho Killa
01-12-03, 19:30
Pluto and uranus are dead something should be done with the servers.

MERGE URANUS WITH SATURN AND MAKE PLUTO NEPTUNE!

I doubt it will happen though even if 20 people are left on the server those 20 people will kick and scream to keep the server as is til theres noone left.

Though every big clan ive been in has fallen apart due to slowly rising inactivity. Nex thing you know half the clan has left neocron and the other half are in other clans. Atleast from my experience 80 percent of the half that leaves neocron comes back within a few months. They dont call it neocrack for no reason.

Disturbed021
01-12-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Scikar
Personally I think Pluto and Uranus are dying, while Saturn seems to be doing just fine. I have many newbies just recently on Saturn, and have happily helped them out.

Those aren't newbies they're just ppl coming over from Pluto or Uranus :p

I have to admit Neocron is one of the best games ever, period. But lack of advertising, large changes for balance after retail (Hybrids, Lib nerf), major bugs/synch errors (alot of which are gone now) have basically driven this game into the ground.

Anyone who doesn't see this game dying a slow death is either blind or just in denial. From 250 or so on most servers to 50 or so per server on average in my timezone since I started a year ago is the only indicator I need.

Ppl get bored and quit games all the time and it wouldn't be a big deal if advertising brought in 2 ppl for every 1 that left. But they are far from that.

I find myself logging in less and less, not because I am bored of the gameplay but because I know there is nothing to do and noone to talk to.
Plaza is rarely populated by 5+ ppl when I'm online and the normal server pop in my timezone is <50 on Pluto. And its not just Pluto I have started to see Saturn drop under 100 recently which NEVER happen b4.

My whole reason of playing a MMORPG is for the Massive Multiplayer part. Can <50 ppl be considered Massive Multiplayer?

I've been saying it for awhile now just like a large part of the community: "Something needs to be done soon or this game will not last long into the new year!"

L0KI
01-12-03, 21:49
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Pluto and uranus are dead something should be done with the servers.

MERGE URANUS WITH SATURN AND MAKE PLUTO NEPTUNE!

I doubt it will happen though even if 20 people are left on the server those 20 people will kick and scream to keep the server as is til theres noone left.

Though every big clan ive been in has fallen apart due to slowly rising inactivity. Nex thing you know half the clan has left neocron and the other half are in other clans. Atleast from my experience 80 percent of the half that leaves neocron comes back within a few months. They dont call it neocrack for no reason.

I wouldnt like that :\ i hate saturn tbh. When i was there, the 2 op fights i had were full of spies. I mean who takes more than 1-3 spies to an op war and expects to win?

vokuhila
01-12-03, 22:33
make the game what it was a long time ago - neocron, not monkocron or teamocron.

RuButt
01-12-03, 23:34
CHANGE THE NEOCRON PVP STYLE!!

http://photopile.com/photos/asdfgadgh/auctions/67404.jpg

THE POSSIBILITES!!

Rith
02-12-03, 00:23
I wouldnt like that :\ i hate saturn tbh. When i was there, the 2 op fights i had were full of spies. I mean who takes more than 1-3 spies to an op war and expects to win?

erm...

clearly wasn't a TG OP then ;)

I remember taking tristar not too long ago and witnessing 20 odd monks coming to reclaim it...

i was torn between wondering how pathetic monkocron has become and how long id live with 15 poison stacks and a few HLs on me

note: not blaming Pro or ND here - you guys make good use of what KK provides... I've just grown to despise the monk class... I just hope it gets a royal nerfing for a while and the other 3 classes can gleefully twat any skirt wearers we come across

R

Shakari
02-12-03, 00:30
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr

I agree instead of have 10 gm worked to death and harrassed all the time get 30 so the work load is resaonable and so they can give more time for organise events and such or make a team of gm dedicated to events to get ppl involved more

CarniFlex
02-12-03, 00:39
it is abit funny to see both uranus, saturn and pluto community talking bout how this is a dying game. At same time when i logg in i still see 450 people on jupiter. Must say i do feel saturn population decreasing abit lately. Maybe jupiter will be the last resort :p

Artie
02-12-03, 00:46
People, NC will stick around for a long time. Why? I'll show you.

Here's a screenie of when NC retail was delayed a few days...people thought they could sue, thought nobody would be around when it "did" get released...one big mess. Yet people showed up when it was finally released. THIS is the point when the forums were chaotic.

http://home.comcast.net/~rdeath91/neocronwoes.JPG

Clothing_Option
02-12-03, 01:01
Originally posted by garyu69
We are having the same problems :(

I wish everyone would foget about DoY though.

All this needs is a bigger player base and advertising is needed for that.

Everyone but three clans i can think of on pluto has the same pple problem---the game has broken down

Wharg0ul
02-12-03, 03:25
well, no I havn't been here very long, and I play on Saturn, so it doesn't feel very empty, really. I do notice that the player figures for most of the other servers are a bit....pathetic.

Honestly, I'm a AO refugee. People are leaving that game like rats from a sinking ship, and I'm doing my best to steer all my old mates in Neocron's direction. IMO, Neocron is what AO should have been, if it had been built right.

Advertise NC shamelessly wherever you go. Go to the various MMORPG sites and give NC a big huge rating, and then post on the other games' rating sites that they should just play NC instead ;)

Hate to see my new home wither and die...but I will at least do my part to bring new players aboard.

hinch
02-12-03, 03:47
i cancelled my account yesturday and havent logged on at all today

bounty
02-12-03, 03:55
Originally posted by Wharg0ul
New players are joining, even as older ones leave. See it happen all teh time...older players get worn out and leave...in batches, it seems. New players take their place. It sucks to see friends leave, but that's one of the downfalls with online gaming.
A word to some of the higher-lvl players bitching about lack of players though.....consider that when you PK someone 50 levels lower than you, and loot him, you may be driving someone away from the game.
I know some ppl will scream "Role-Playing", but if you make the game not fun for new players, then there will BE no new players, and your game will die. Leave the damn lowbies alone....especially me :D

Actually, the fear of getting pk'ed and having to watch my back is in my top 5 reasons I got hooked to NC. My heart actually pounding super hard while playing a game? WTF? awesome!

DarkPhoenix
02-12-03, 03:58
Originally posted by hinch
i cancelled my account yesturday and havent logged on at all today

Me too...except it was Friday, went and got EVE...

Been tempted a few times...first time I logged in and fatal'd...second, my comp froze at black screen...:rolleyes:

hinch
02-12-03, 06:57
ive been playing swg all day its pretty immense

12 hours of none stop playing and so far ive seen 3 townships and been to naboo and died.

i am as of about 2 minutes ago a rebel private though i`ll do more missions tomorrow to get me promoted :) also i want pistols 3 which im nearly at

its quite fun i darent even look at the big mobs yet the little ones still cause me trouble.

and the immense skill combinations are scary compared to nc`s specilisation. my only real complain is its taking me fucking ages to run everywhere and its based on the PS engine which is honnestly shite. no engine on the planet should be allowed to use up 512mb ram and 800mb swap and still lag

g0rt
02-12-03, 07:57
What psycho killa said....if it gets really bad, merge uranus and saturn, and turn pluto into neptune

Some people wont like it, but what would you rather have...no merge and a dead game, or a merge and an alive game.

juvestar15
02-12-03, 08:04
hinch what server are you on? I can get you a mount if you're on my server.

Theodosios
02-12-03, 08:33
Originally posted by Marx
DoY won't save people who've already lost interest in the game.

I did not loose interest, I lost my character that had played full time for over 2 months.

I got it back but it was over 3 later, which at that point had moved on.

Anyways, I have played quite a few of MMORPGs and I have to say that Neocron has the best PVP system I have even seen, the best concept for vehicles, in general its an awesome game!!! The only thing that finaly made me give up Neocron are the bugs. Not that other games do not have bugs, they do, but I have never, ever, lost a character in them.

Just my two cents.

Theo...

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 12:17
i spent an hour on SW:G last night... O_o

thats how boring NC is becoming to me

Martin J. Schwiezer
02-12-03, 12:31
Just because long timers lose some of their buddies who have spent almost a year in the game doesn't mean that the game is dying. Subscriber numbers show that the gaps are refilled by new players and that new groups form on the servers where long-timers might not have immediate access to.

Since this thread state "The death of Neocron" as if it was a "fact statement" (which is BS)... I have to close it. Next time you want to discuss the fact that some of your buddies have left, please name the thread accordingly or at least name it as a question. Thanks.

Also, please keep in mind that a game cannot hold every player forever. I don't remember the last time, a game was fun to me for over a year. If it becomes boring after a year... why complain??? If you don't want to wait for DoY then you should better move on to the next game and then see for yourself whether it might entertain you for more than a year.