PDA

View Full Version : MC5 Chips dropping as wholes.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 14:46
Yep, its what the title says.

What do u think about it? They are really hard to get, and only hardcore players can get em. So i was thinking, why not make em drop as wholes??Each commander killed would have like a 50% percentage of droping a chip (make the droner chip less possible to drop since there are fewer droners out there).

Yes or No? Any better ideas?

and btw, no dead droms option :-)

LVirus
01-12-03, 15:10
I say drop whole but like 5% chance or 10%

Jesterthegreat
01-12-03, 15:14
i agree with LVirus...

50% drop rate is far too high

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 15:20
hm...
maybe ur rite, 50% does indeed seem too high. But it u lower it u must still allow the drop of tech parts. What i was suggesting is that techs stop droping and that only chipsdrop. Give MC5 to the masses!!!

jernau
01-12-03, 15:21
Why make droning even harder?

Besides that - No, rare=rare.

The MC5 rooms need a MAJOR rethink though so they are not the total arse-ache tedium they are atm.

boone
01-12-03, 15:22
if they drop as whole, there goes the whole rare-idea

they'll be tons of em available in no-time, everybody will have one and they wont make a difference.

garyu69
01-12-03, 15:24
I vote no.
Some things need to remain hard and Rare.

Lecko
01-12-03, 15:25
To make a rare, it doesnt have to be on a hard creature or in a difficult place. It just needs to be "rare". Like, can drop on any creature anywhere, but the chance is small. So a rare find is exactly that - not farming wb's or MC5 for hours on end, knowing thats the only way to get them.

JustIn_Case
01-12-03, 15:27
I voted no.

An MC-5 Should be harder to get then a normal rare implant. But i would like to see more then one MC-5 commander in the game. Even with the low number of players atm its still hard to find MC-5 empty.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 15:37
Originally posted by garyu69
I vote no.
Some things need to remain hard and Rare.

Yeah and accessible only to huge clans with tons of monkeys in their rosters.

CrazyMan
01-12-03, 15:51
Definately NO!

Why? It is probably the only thing that people want and are dreaming of in the game. Now I have everything I want: capped chars, lots of money, 600+ rare parts, uber weapons, rare imps, etc. But I don't have the god damn MC5 imps yet, I have a few parts, but that's all!!!! :mad:

If KK made them drop as a whole - it'd destroy all that hard trade/negotiation that people have done to get theirs imps, and will surely piss them off.

So leave it as it is - we don't want the MC5 chips flooding the market, it will destroy the game as it is.

I think there should be more imps to compensate for that, but this is a completely different story.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 15:56
Originally posted by CrazyMan
Definately NO!

Why? It is probably the only thing that people want and are dreaming of in the game. Now I have everything I want: capped chars, lots of money, 600+ rare parts, uber weapons, rare imps, etc. But I don't have the god damn MC5 imps yet, I have a few parts, but that's all!!!! :mad:

If KK made them drop as a whole - it'd destroy all that hard trade/negotiation that people have done to get theirs imps, and will surely piss them off.

So leave it as it is - we don't want the MC5 chips flooding the market, it will destroy the game as it is.

I think there should be more imps to compensate for that, but this is a completely different story.

I do understand that MC-5s are one of the most interesting high-level content parts of the game. BUT atm the way to get them is by playing camp'o'cron. U need to spare tons of time to camp that silly place. Andsince they removed the glass its almost impossible for small teams to do it. Only large clans can do it. And even then its quite frustrating due to lag and low fps. Now if someone can come up with another way to get mc-5s (maybe a really long-hard-interesting epic run) id be fine with it. But atm it is just silly.

JustIn_Case
01-12-03, 16:01
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Yeah and accessible only to huge clans with tons of monkeys in their rosters.

Not true. You dont have to be a huge clan.
Best team is 1 PPU and 2 damagedealers (APU or Tanks).
I was there yesterday since an unclanned runner DM:ed me and asked if i wanted to go there. After a few minutes 2 other guys enters and we debate if we are going to do turns or make a big team, so we made an team, then a fifth guy comes along.

So we were 5 guys, from different clans and factions (one unclanned even, TT,FA and BD in the same team .:eek: ), so you dont need to be in an big clan. If you dont have an PPU friend, just ask around, or "hire" an PPU.

I only see 2 problems with MC-5:
1. Problem is if you are an Spy or an PE, then you really are borked.
2. Only 1 MC-5 with the commander in it, mostly occupied or camped at prime times.

Oath
01-12-03, 16:04
no,

im open to you changing my mind so try.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 16:04
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
Not true. You dont have to be a huge clan.
Best team is 1 PPU and 2 damagedealers (APU or Tanks).
I was there yesterday since an unclanned runner DM:ed me and asked if i wanted to go there. After a few minutes 2 other guys enters and we debate if we are going to do turns or make a big team, so we made an team, then a fifth guy comes along.

So we were 5 guys, from different clans and factions (one unclanned even, TT,FA and BD in the same team .:eek: ), so you dont need to be in an big clan. If you dont have an PPU friend, just ask around, or "hire" an PPU.

I only see 2 problems with MC-5:
1. Problem is if you are an Spy or an PE, then you really are borked.
2. Only 1 MC-5 with the commander in it, mostly occupied or camped at prime times.

Ive tried going there with a team a couple of times. We were ganged by a large clan,would we?(I wont mention server or any names though, wouldnt wana cause an incident would we?)

JustIn_Case
01-12-03, 16:10
Ive tried going there with a team a couple of times. We were ganged by a large clan,would we?(I wont mention server or any names though, wouldnt wana cause an incident would we?)

Yes that happens, but i dont think the entire clan was there and ganged you. So the problem rather is that it was occupied an that is was enemies there. So if there was another MC-5 building you could have gone there instead. Is the droprate really the problem?

evs
01-12-03, 16:11
translation: i dont have an mc5 chip and want one.
please change the drop rate so i can get one easily.

answer: no.

ghandisfury
01-12-03, 16:14
Originally posted by evs

That's exactly what it is, but I think the thread starter should make a new thread asking if all of the rooms in MC5 should have a commander.....I would say yes:).

JustIn_Case
01-12-03, 16:15
Originally posted by ghandisfury
That's exactly what it is, but I think the thread starter should make a new thread asking if all of the rooms in MC5 should have a commander.....I would say yes:).

Me to.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 16:19
One building isnt enough. U would need more. Maybe if MC5s where droped outside the MC5 building (with a slightly reduced droprate) and also droped on the mc5 guards and not just the commie, it would be better. Furthermore the commie should always drop at least 2 parts each time he is killed. That i could live with.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 16:21
Originally posted by evs

Whether u like it or not, i got a life, i got studies, i have to get into Uni. I dont have tons of time to camp that place to get the chip. If u do fine. Now sod off and go play camp'o'cron as u like it.

Candaman
01-12-03, 16:26
When the glass was there me and a single apu could easily do it and we did multiple times it was damn ez. Now it is impossible for a single pair to do it alone i think there should be a medium found where it is possible for a 2 person team to do it but extremely extremely tough to do so.

oh and i voted no. i don't want the money i can get on ebay for my ds going down

ghandisfury
01-12-03, 16:28
One building isnt enough.

Agreed.....I hate having to "share" the MC5 room. I don't think it's fair to either side. I also don't think it's fair for small clans to have to leave because large clans showed up. Make all four rooms have a commander (or a subcommaner to keep RP).

Maybe if MC5s where droped outside the MC5 building (with a slightly reduced droprate) and also droped on the mc5 guards and not just the commie, it would be better.

Na, just make all four rooms have a commander and we are sorted. It keeps it hard, and doesn't change or invalidate all of the hard work that other people have had to do for thier chips.

Furthermore the commie should always drop at least 2 parts each time he is killed. That i could live with.

The drop rate needs to be increased, but definately not by that extream. Increase it by another 50% (from where it is now).....I think it's unfair for you to "camp" the commander 9 times (my personall record) and get 0 parts:mad:! Anybody mind if I make a new pole?

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 16:30
ill allow u to make a new poll as soon as this one dies out :)

do it any sooner and ur KOS :p

:D:):D:)

j/k:rolleyes:

evs
01-12-03, 16:35
Whether u like it or not, i got a life, i got studies, i have to get into Uni. I dont have tons of time to camp that place to get the chip. If u do fine. Now sod off and go play camp'o'cron as u like it.

My heart bleeds for you - it really does.

The whole point in having rares, is that they are rare.
Or you may as well have everything store bought.
And then you moan that the game doesnt have enough high level content :rolleyes:

Some people do play this for hours and hours a day, and i agree that there should be content for them.

Sorry, but no you shouldnt have everything put on a plate for you.
You play only for a short time - then why the hell should you have some of the best items in the game then?

If you want the best content you have to put time and effort in - and that is what i agree with.

If you really want one without trying, pay someone for one - or pay someone to go MC5 for you when you arent playing.
Try and ROLEPLAY instead of whining on the forum.

And no, I don't have an MC5 chip.

I await your comeback so i can tear that to shreds as well.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 16:45
Originally posted by evs
My heart bleeds for you - it really does.

The whole point in having rares, is that they are rare.
Or you may as well have everything store bought.
And then you moan that the game doesnt have enough high level content :rolleyes:

Some people do play this for hours and hours a day, and i agree that there should be content for them.

Sorry, but no you shouldnt have everything put on a plate for you.
You play only for a short time - then why the hell should you have some of the best items in the game then?

If you want the best content you have to put time and effort in - and that is what i agree with.

If you really want one without trying, pay someone for one - or pay someone to go MC5 for you when you arent playing.
Try and ROLEPLAY instead of whining on the forum.

And no, I don't have an MC5 chip.

I await your comeback so i can tear that to shreds as well.

I dont want the best stuff in a plate for me. But doing MC5 sucks, its repetitive, its boring, it takes TONS of time, and on top of that, u cant be sure u get the loot.I do not consider that stuff to be content. If i knew that i the 1 hour i can play NC/day i would get a part, it would be fine, but i realize that most of the time i wont. And i dont think that paying someone to do mc5 for me is a solution, because quite simply, money means nothing the game.

I would whine if an MC5 wasnt important. But i want to make a VIABLE hybrid and an MC5 for this reason IS important. When KK makes rare something not as important in the game as it is atm, i will stop whining.

Oh and btw i dont ph33r u, u cant rip me to shreds i am a PPU atm, i r god!

OpTi
01-12-03, 17:10
Originally posted by Candaman
When the glass was there me and a single apu could easily do it and we did multiple times it was damn ez. Now it is impossible for a single pair to do it alone i think there should be a medium found where it is possible for a 2 person team to do it but extremely extremely tough to do so.

oh and i voted no. i don't want the money i can get on ebay for my ds going down

impossible? no way, it's my prefered group i i've been there alot

-FN-
01-12-03, 18:52
Leave the part drop rate as-is, then make it maybe 1 out of 100 drops would actually be a whole CPU of a random type. Or maybe you could make the drop rate SUPER extreme like that of the Strange Book :lol:

REMUS
01-12-03, 19:09
why not make them bp'able as well, do you have any fucking idea how hard it is to get an MC5 cpu, no you dont shodan, if you havnt got the time to get one stop whineing, the people that got those cpus worked hard for them and you shoud appriciate that, wtf do you want next cs's dropping whole........ :mad: just becuase your a student and "havnt got the time"

jesus what a waste of web space..........................

ghandisfury
01-12-03, 19:17
FFS why all the flaming? The guy wants an MC5 chip, and notices that there is someting seriously wrong with the way it's implimented.....is that so wrong? Just because his idea is crap (sorry:p ) doesn't mean that MC5 doesn't need a bit of tweeking. I say make all four rooms have a commander, and increase the drop rate slightly. (SLIGHTLY!!) I think that would solve quite a bit.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 21:40
Originally posted by REMUS
why not make them bp'able as well, do you have any fucking idea how hard it is to get an MC5 cpu, no you dont shodan, if you havnt got the time to get one stop whineing, the people that got those cpus worked hard for them and you shoud appriciate that, wtf do you want next cs's dropping whole........ :mad: just becuase your a student and "havnt got the time"

jesus what a waste of web space..........................

there....
another thread down the flames just because some people consider themselves above others.....

bah will some mod just close this please???

i hate it when a perfect discussion goes down like this due to a few @#$&ers

Ulle
01-12-03, 21:51
Closed at Thread starters Request.