PDA

View Full Version : Run Casting

Crest
01-12-03, 14:31
Ok the APU I got does this fine .... for most spells ... Point aim and click .... and there we go

My PPU can't self heal on the run ? Is this the way of the cron Gods ?.... If I stop, cast and then run (stop for about 2 secs) its cool and I cast all except my heal sanct....

My Int >> Psi skill is over 150 (151 me thinks) and my char is hi level (psi base = 90+)....

Anyone got some advice

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 14:42
High level PPU spells can't be runcasted. It's all in the sense of balance.

Get rid of parashock, bring in PPU runcasting. Everyone's happy.

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 14:42
actually i doubt that ppu spells are run castable. And i consider this fine. Making em runcastable would over power the PPU (just imagine a PPU running away from u at full speed with 70/70 athl/agil while casting heals and shields....)

And btw i am a PPU

Crest
01-12-03, 14:43
I think My Para Shock can run casted though ... its the defelectors, shields and heals that can't .... Me will check

I only ask cause you hear abiut run casting and Hey I cant... so wanted to clarify ... not saying do it though I am happy with not being able to

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 14:47
Just certain spells can't be runcasted, no matter what your PPU or PSU. Holy heal, shelter and deflector are among these. Experiment to find out what you can and can't runcast.

LTA
01-12-03, 14:47
para can and sometimes i fluked of deflect, shelter and holy heal dont happen unless i did a "stutter" type run.

Crest
01-12-03, 14:49
So Whats PSU Used for then...I have tons in it and have no idea why ?

LTA
01-12-03, 14:51
Originally posted by Crest
So Whats PSU Used for then...I have tons in it and have no idea why ?

Range and Rof..... afaik

phunqe
01-12-03, 15:05
As far as I know, the only spell that is run-castable is the para.
I can WALK-cast all my spells. I'm pure PPU, psi capped, INT 90-95ish or something - all in PSU, DS+core+def2+def3 + PA3 and I still can't do more :)

Perhaps if you had 250 in PPU, PPW and PSU... :p

hinch
01-12-03, 15:26
hrmp perhaps you need to get nexxy or j.reaper to comment on this :)

it is possiable

btw a holy blue glue can always be runcast when over 450%

phunqe
01-12-03, 15:39
Also, it depends on how fast you run. If you have crap AGL/ATL, you will be able to run cast it :p

I more or less cap the runspeed with buffs on and I have a very hard time believing that some spells would be runcastable.

Of course, it's a bit hard to test, when you primarly buy dmg/freq mods to the non rares. Haven't tried ultimating spells yet. You just CST 4 and 5 slotters anyway.

But still.. with a handling of 120% on the heal... perhaps :)

Don't recall what my heal is at.

EDIT: You could gimp your PSI pool and spend a lot more in PPU. That might help as well. Doesn't seem like an option to me however :)

hinch
01-12-03, 15:42
to cap all ppu spells you need 183 ppu 88 mst for cath sanct and then rest in ppw and with a ds you DO cap every ppu spell

phunqe
01-12-03, 15:58
Originally posted by hinch
to cap all ppu spells you need 183 ppu 88 mst for cath sanct and then rest in ppw and with a ds you DO cap every ppu spell

Exactly. I have only 179 PPU and less MST, since I don't ever use the cath sanctum. Might seem weird, but I hate that spell for some reason. The only time you can use it is one time before you go into fight. I prefer having the anti paralyze and perhaps the anti poison constantly in my bealt instead (they have a really nice RoF). If you are figting close together you cannot use it anyway, since they you are helping the foes at the same time.
If you go hunt, I use the appropiate sanctum istead, i.e anti poison sanctum.

hinch
01-12-03, 16:04
yeah my quick belt is currently

hp
heal
shelt
DB
deflect
anti para
anti db
anti por
psi booster
psi booster

I dont really like sanctums as much either i have them all in gogu for use at apprioate times but most of the time i dont need them.

but as reaps will tell you when he checks here im perfectly capable of run casting all spells appart from truesight (its a 0 slotter i found) and cath sanctum (again 0 slotter)

phunqe
01-12-03, 16:09
yeah my quick belt is currently

hp
heal
shelt
DB
deflect
anti para
anti db
anti por
psi booster
psi booster

I dont really like sanctums as much either i have them all in gogu for use at apprioate times but most of the time i dont need them.

but as reaps will tell you when he checks here im perfectly capable of run casting all spells appart from truesight (its a 0 slotter i found) and cath sanctum (again 0 slotter)

How much handling you got on the spells you can runcast?
I'll try building some holy heals and put 2 handling mods in it.
My god, I don't want to feel like a n00b :p

hinch
01-12-03, 16:35
114 on most of them pretty much all my spells are 4 or 5 slotted some with ultimas on them

phunqe
01-12-03, 16:41
114 on most of them pretty much all my spells are 4 or 5 slotted some with ultimas on them

Thanks.

I might get the n00b stick out of my ass and start using ultimas then :p
When I have the patience to CST again then... I have 4-5 slotters now and I know how fun they were... 8|

hinch
01-12-03, 16:48
yeah our constructor basically makes 400 shelters heals and deflectors a day

every 2 days he makes 200 or so anti spells as a break.

Candaman
01-12-03, 16:49
Run casting is a matter off speed and timing.,

If u wanna be a fast ass ppu so less chance of getting hit but less resists then u can't run cast its a case of timing to get the spell to cast.

Or

U can be a low agil 0 ath ppu who is a slow mofo but can run cast all his spells and higher resists/hlt

hinch
01-12-03, 16:51
i aint slow not the fastest but i aint slow 100 in dex and 60 in cons