PDA

View Full Version : Martin J. Schw. on German forum says

xkorpio
01-12-03, 12:45
I used an auto-translator, have fun...

Hello dear Community, I have the following in that post office to my interview written... however over to guarantee that also mitkriegt, how we placed ourselves momentarily to the situation I would like to represent the contribution to everyone still times in new post office: We are still glad over the fact that despite the hardly perceptible is advertisement through our earlier Publisher Neocron also to nevertheless 15 months well... and that we created a product and a world, in still the number with 5 digits of players probably-feels. Not to paint, which success the product would have already now had, if the perception had been ensured in the public. But, we want to set DETAILS AT THIS point with "Beyond of cathedrals OF York". And sorry... who plans something large, needs also an appropriate preparation time. Or briefly in summary: "property thing wants to have while". That was not always like that and to it also KK anything to change will be able...

MkVenner
01-12-03, 12:48
Did n e one else catch that :p

QuantumDelta
01-12-03, 12:48
Babel-fish is bad mmkay? :p

xkorpio
01-12-03, 12:49
I have to post in parts, sorry

Honestly said we are annoyed a little at the fact that on the side it is always required that we talk about our plans and then like "cheats" is abgestraft, if we cannot fulfill our plans (!). For us comes then to annoyance goals to have missed also still the whip from the Community. On the other side I can naturally understand, if players are disappointed over shifts... however then should one it possibly also as disappointment formulate and equal KK as liar/cheats not represent. Sorry however that is simply only "unreif" and encourages us then also not degree to speak with the Community about our new plans

xkorpio
01-12-03, 12:50
3rd part

I find the "suspecting" still more interesting that we will never releasen DoY _ _... Sorry, but that is (hard said) bulletin hit! We worked eternally on the release luggage and we to have some presented of it on the office... Why thus... in Ernst: WHY shouldn't we releasen DoY and schmeissen our own work into the waste-paper basket? Or now do the next assumptions come that we would have presented only a few gerenderte advice on the office? Okay, this post office addressed itself particularly to the nervige minority of the eternal Noergeler and "Beleidiger". Summarized I can say that I the assumptions, we are "liars" or "cheat" will dismiss UNREIF "in the future under the heading" and accordingly any longer to it will not react. In such a way which the parliamentary group of the Zweifler concerns (thus above all those, which would come my DoY never) I their statements in the future under the heading "OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY" will classify and to it will not likewise any longer react

xkorpio
01-12-03, 12:52
Last one ;)

To all different, which discussed again and again essentially and objectively with us, I would like to still say that the discussions with the Publisher approach momentarily a positive conclusion. We are planned and announced that-speaking, as, in the first quarter (hopefully already in January/February) all Facts about DoY to communicate and a final release date co-ordinated with the Publisher to communicate.

Hope it helps

Omnituens
01-12-03, 12:55
how about

you stop using babelfish and get a bilingual person to translate instead

L0KI
01-12-03, 12:56
MJS, hows about giveing us that info without the amazing grammar of Babelfish? :lol:

Elric
01-12-03, 12:56
Very confusing, and yes Babelfish is bad. I think I catch the general jist of it tho, basically MJS seems to be telling teh German Community to

"STFU, DoY will be released, stop whingin and moaning, we HAVE to delay things sometimes, Its unavoidable. We dont like missing deadlines we set ourselves and you lot bitching and moaning aint helping! And anyone who runs about saying DoY is never coming is just delerious. Why would we scrap something we've worked so long and hard on for no real reason"

Thats my take on it.

{Set Butthead Mode = 1} hehehe, I said hard on ... {Set Butthead mode = 0}

xkorpio
01-12-03, 13:00
Ok ok, sorry for trying to help a bit.

The next time I will keep the info for myself. F*** off

jernau
01-12-03, 13:23
Originally posted by xkorpio
Ok ok, sorry for trying to help a bit.

The next time I will keep the info for myself. F*** off

I appreciated it dude, don't let them get to you. :)

Elric's summary seems about right to me. If someone wants to do a better translation though, that would be cool. I know there are several people on here that could do it.

Velvet
01-12-03, 13:29
Abridged version...

Hello dear Community,
We are happy that NC is well after 15 month. And that we build a game / world more than 10.000 gamers feel good in.

D*mn that the publisher was ****
That’s the point we`re working on. Whoever plans great achievments needs time.
We work on DoY. Everything else is bulls*it.

To the minority of whiners and people who utter only insults: We will ignore you!

First quarter of 2004: We will publish the facts about DoY and tell you a final date for the release.

Questions:
Will there be a bundle NC/DoY?
Do we have to pay more?
Can we download DoY?
Answer: We still haggle with the publisher…

Yours
MJS

Elric
01-12-03, 13:32
heh, thanks Velvet, I was close then :)

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 13:34
We work on DoY. Everything else is bulls*it.

To the minority of whiners and people who utter only insults: We will ignore you!

God damn, Martin J is the man! I can actually imagine him beating old ladies senseless, with his big man muscles and mad fury.

MJ for Best CEO Ever 2004

[TgR]KILLER
01-12-03, 13:45
yea MJS please post the same in normal english here mate.. that babbelfish shit aint making any sence to me :confused: :confused:

Wrathwind
01-12-03, 15:08
Okay, well. I'm bored at work so I'll just translate it for you.

Here it comes (freely translated of course, so don't bother with nuances):

"Hello dear Community,

I have the posted the following in my interview, but just to make sure that everyone knows what the situation right now is, I'd like to make a now post.

Like before, we are happy that even without perceptible advertising through our earlier publisher, Neocron is still going well after 15 months.. and, that we have managed a product and a world in which a 5-digit population of players thrives. Not to forget what kind of success this product would now have, had the attention to publicity been guaranteed. But THIS IS EXACTLY THE POINT that we want to correct with "Beyond the Dome of York". And sorry, when planning big, you also need corresponding time to complete it.
Or, to summarize: "Good things take time". That has always been so, and that is nothing KK can change.

To be honest, it annoys us a little on one hand, that people want us to speak about our plans and then when we can't fulfill our plans (!), we're called "betrayers". To us it is the irritation of missing our goal and then getting the whipping from the community too.

But on the other hand, I can naturally understand that players are disappointed over the delays... but then the disappointment should possibly be formulated better, and not just call KK liars/betrayers. Sorry, but it's just only "immature" and does not motivate us at all to speak about our plans with the community.

I find even more interesting these "suspicions" that we will _never_ release DoY.. sorry, but that's just (to be blunt) Bullshit! We have worked forver for a Release-Pack, and have presented some of it at the GC... Why though.. I'm serious: WHY would we not release DoY and throw out all our work in the garbage? Or are the next assumptions now that we've only presented a couple rendered AVIs at the GC?

Okay, this post is before all to correct the strong minority of the constant naggers and "moaners". To summarize, I can say that in the future, I will dismiss the accusations that we are "Liars" or even "Betrayers" under the
"IMMATURE" title. For the fraction of doubters (I mean those, that think DoY never comes), I will dismiss those statements as "REALITY CHALLENGED" from now on.

For all the others, that have always discussed with us matter-of-factly and objectively, I'd like to say that the talks with the publisher are reaching a positive conclusion. We are planned and ready to communicate all the facts about DoY and finally, with the publisher, make known the set release schedule in the first quarter (hopefully as early as Jan/Feb).

Stay Gold ;)
"

Well that's it, hopefully I didn't mistranslate too badly, my german might be a little rusty. ;)

REMUS
01-12-03, 15:21
why couldnt they post the english in the english forums, makes me feel neglected :( so they are basically haveing a go at us becuase we are moaning that doy should of been out ohhhhhh 4-5 months ago, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight thats uber logic.

i hope this will all be worth it, i still have a spec of hope for kk to make it big and nc to become a majour mmorpg or at least a minor one.

El_MUERkO
01-12-03, 15:28
We are planned and ready to communicate all the facts about DoY and finally, with the publisher, make known the set release schedule in the first quarter (hopefully as early as Jan/Feb).

So say some time in mid febuary you're going to tell us when DOY will be out.

Which means DOY wont be out till at the earliest March.

How did the music to Jumpgate go again?

I'm off to my rocket car now, I head the moons made of cheese and I could do with a sandwich, this being reality challenged is fun o_O

Furion
01-12-03, 15:35
Originally posted by REMUS
why couldnt they post the english in the english forums, makes me feel neglected :( so they are basically haveing a go at us becuase we are moaning that doy should of been out ohhhhhh 4-5 months ago, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight thats uber logic.

i hope this will all be worth it, i still have a spec of hope for kk to make it big and nc to become a majour mmorpg or at least a minor one.

well, look at it this way. maybe the germans whine even more then us......

ROFLMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

BlackPrince
01-12-03, 15:39
You got that righ Muerko.

"Summer 2002"

I like how he puts the blame on us. People whine and bitch because their tired of being lied to, purposefully misled, and then outright ignored.

But i'm having fun with regular Cron, so we'll see how this all turns out.

jernau
01-12-03, 15:48
Originally posted by BlackPrince
I like how he puts the blame on us. People whine and bitch because their tired of being lied to, purposefully misled, and then outright ignored.

I think he's saying that he's just as tired of being called a liar by ingrate morons with nothing better to do.

Note : Not aimed at you personally BlackPrince.

Velvet
01-12-03, 15:58
Originally posted by Furion
well, look at it this way. maybe the germans whine even more then us......

To quote the german response to MJS:
"Ha, he`s telling it again!"
"Take this you son of a cheating camel!"
"I`ll make you eat your words"
"I shove this dildo of maven where the sun don`t shine"
" I pay so i have a right to AAAAARRRRRggggghh..."
"Will you all shut up and..."
"Thanks Martin"
"Don`t know what i want but i want it now!!!"
"Would Martin lie to me?"
"Is there another present for X-Mas?"
etc.
etc.
etc.

Q: (ProfX) Will Doy be free of charge?
A: (MJS) We still negotiate the point of “free of charge” with the publisher. The publisher wants to earn money with the expansion pack because of the investment into advertising. We want an “extra” solution for active gamers. That`s one of the points where we spent a lot of time. The devil is hiding in every detail…(can`t translate it properly, Velvet)

MJS: The tendency is to publish Neocron in an extension with DoY as a complete new product. There will be changes in the game-play of utmost importance. So we think it`s justified to position Neocron as new product. (Don`t worry! The old accounst will work properly)

MJS: All users with active accounts will get an offer for “Beyond Dome of York” (offical title) which they can accept inside two month. That is our suggestion to the publisher. We are still negotiating this “special offer” . We can not tell if it will be “free of charge” or for a reasonable price

Q: Hazard01 Do you ever sleep?
A: MJS That’s a question I`ve been asked a lot lately

Q: Changes of utmost importance in game-play. Can you tell me more?
A: MJS Yes, but not now.

jernau
01-12-03, 16:04
Velvet, thanks for that.

Is there a big debate over there on the German forums or is it just MJS popping in for a while (as he often does here)?

Velvet
01-12-03, 16:11
MJS was popping in through the morning. But the germans have fun with themselves:D

First post MJS: 04:35h
Last post MJS: 09:25h

The thread is sticky now and swollen to 5 pages...

15:59
Seven pages. Content degenerated to my **** is bigger than your ****. Interrupted by some lonely voices of reason.:p

Latest statements of MJS (sleepless in Hannover:p ):

The Ripper:
Well, 5-digit player numbers at a MMORPG thats nearly a year old... I believe it is illusory.
MJS:
We talk about the number of subscribers. Not the number of people online at a given time. That is a 5-digit number. If you, Ripper, believe it or not I do not give a stuff about it.;)

MJS:
Character wipe:
A character wipe is definitely not planned. Maybe there will be a new server where everyone can make a fresh start.

BlackPrince
01-12-03, 17:25
Jernau, I understand that point very well. But you'd be naive to believe that KK hasn't brought people's attitudes upon themselves. Horrible customer service, constant lies (especially in the early days), lack of communication (that which we do get almost always has an insult for anyone who doesn't snap to attention and yell "Hail Neocron"), has made even the most avid of players completely apathetic to anything anyone from Reakktor has to say.

IF they were serious, they'd work hard to rebuild the trust between the players and the company, otherwise anything they do will have the worst angle possible taken.

jernau
01-12-03, 17:47
Jernau, I understand that point very well. But you'd be naive to believe that KK hasn't brought people's attitudes upon themselves. Horrible customer service, constant lies (especially in the early days), lack of communication (that which we do get almost always has an insult for anyone who doesn't snap to attention and yell "Hail Neocron"), has made even the most avid of players completely apathetic to anything anyone from Reakktor has to say.

IF they were serious, they'd work hard to rebuild the trust between the players and the company, otherwise anything they do will have the worst angle possible taken.

I don't agree that they "lied" to us. I know they've missed deadlines but that's not a crime. I refuse to believe that anyone here has NEVER missed a deadline.

I do think KK have to look to themselves in part if they are allocating blame but I also think they (or some of them) have done this whereas a lot of this community has not reciprocated.

KK's communication has been piss-poor since the retail release but they are trying to improve that IMO. What do we gain by knocking them down whenever they try to remedy those early failings? Nothing.

BlackPrince
01-12-03, 17:51
I wasn't referring to missed deadlines when I talked about 'lying'.

A couple of the better lies propagated by KK and their Representatives:
1) There is no Cheating/Exploiting (this was real big around release).
2) Several things that got 'snuck' into patches. Like instead of LoMs, LoL pills, etc.

The list is rather long, but I don't feel like rehashing anymore of the past. Lets put it this way; I know a lot of vets who'd ask for a second opinion if anyone from KK told them the Sun was going to rise tomorrow.

jernau
01-12-03, 17:58
Well I've been playing since beta 4 and I don't share that degree of scepticism. I've dealt with companies far worse than KK and I can understand most of the things they've done and/or had to do to keep NC and KK going.

I think there are too many naive optimists out there who think KK are just in this to pander to their particular area of the forum-community and who throw tantrums when they don't get everything they want. The real-world just doesn't work that way.

BlackPrince
01-12-03, 18:13
I understand that. But, there are very basic, simple things that should have been implemented from the Get Go, instead KK has cut corners every chance they get.

When Duping was so horrible in Beta they should have given each item a unique ID. Now we're into retail and duping is still here (not for lack of them trying to suppress it by removing unique items).

Hacking is still a problem. Saying its client side isn't good enough. KK should have IP tracking made availible upon request from the account owner and then go to the furthest means possible to prosecute any offenders.

Server transaction logs should be kept and made availible to any high level GM. They aren't, and that causes an infinite amount of problems. It would help track down the aforementioned hackers and greaty aid in the prevention of duping.

Customer service sucks. Flat out. Their refund policy (while better than some MMOs) is disgraceful for the types of losses that are so prevalent in this game. Had they implemented unique item IDs they wouldn't have to worry about people abusing it and would have a great many more customers than they currently do.

FREs. Need I say more? If they rerelease DoY and Neo as 'new software' the first time a previous reviewer FREs he's gonna go apeshit. That is not a good thing.

Documentation is appalling. When I asked how a person was supposed to learn about the Cash cap, nobody could give me an answer. I guess KKs solution to this is through osmosis. Not everyone comes onto the boards so posting the info here is pointless. Implementing a simple MotD would go a long ways toward improving communication. The Neocron manual that came with the box was outdated before Beta was released, and the current 'documentation' availible could have been compiled by a chimpanzee in five minutes of goofing off in the offline demo. It doesn't tell a new player about resists or how they work, doesn't tell players that resist psi is useless. There are so many undocumented changes that it is no suprise that people who are so excited by the manual come to find out that the reality of the game is a very different thing.

Garrett[N-Tech]
01-12-03, 19:09
Originally posted by Velvet
"Ha, he`s telling it again!"
"Take this you son of a cheating camel!"
"I`ll make you eat your words"
"I shove this dildo of maven where the sun don`t shine"
" I pay so i have a right to AAAAARRRRRggggghh..."
"Will you all shut up and..."
"Thanks Martin"
"Don`t know what i want but i want it now!!!"
"Would Martin lie to me?"
"Is there another present for X-Mas?"
etc.
etc.
etc.

Yeah, Velvel, let us Germans be the bad ones :p Like Martin said it's a minority and a few people make a hobby out of whining... Therefor there's more faul language in this forum, I think :p

It's a pity that MJS noticed just now that some people/senselessly whining post would be better to ignore :(

Carinth
01-12-03, 19:36
Wow it looks like the german community is really roasting kk.
In regards to kk lying, etc. I really don't believe they have any mal intent for us. MJS seems like quite a cool guy and all of them are avid gamers. The problem I believe is in miscomunication, and having blinders on. I truly believe kk does not play their own game, or if they do it's only the lower level employees. When MJS makes ridiculous claims, it looks pretty bad for the company. Some that I can recall are MJS saying 'he doesn't see any problems with lag or synching, he himself can play perfectly fine.' Also we have the ever popular 'We don't receive any bug reports stating that Neocron crashes regularly, so as far as we're concerned Neocron is stable' These are of course paraphrased, but if you searched the forum you could prolly find them. It's almost as if KK is playing a different game from the rest of us. The majority of our malcontent is from this, we say there are major problems and kk shrugs and says everything is fine. I especialy like the quotes in this thread, subscriptions in the 5 digits, neocron is still doing well after a year, lol ! You can warp and twist facts into statistics that will say whatever you want to say. I don't doubt there are over 10,000 paying accounts. If you look more closely though you will see that your typical player has 2-3 accounts. Some even have up to 5 accounts. Furthermore if you look at activity you can prolly drop 2/3 of those accounts. You have to be careful about your view. As a company kk's goal is to make money and provide entertainment. Strictly looking at the money made, a 5 digit subscriber base is awesome. Each of those accounts is bringin in money for them. Yet that doesn't match up to how many people are actualy playing and enjoying their game. If kk could measure that, I'll bet they wouldn't be so happy. It's only a matter of time before those 5 digit accounts start evaporating. People are holdin on to their accounts, even though they don't play, because they want to see what doy will be like. I bet several months after doy is released, those accounts will start being canceled. I gave my second account the axe last week, no reason to pay for it if I don't play.

Garrett[N-Tech]
01-12-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Carinth

Hm, thats German mentality... they notice each mistake and start whining. But if everything is fine there is no postive response. Germans usually exspect the perfect conditions as a matter of course. But it isn't a matter of course... :p The ones who realize that are a minority, too.
DoY is a chapter in which KK made some mistakes regarding to informate the (German) community and let rumors coming up and in which the community doesn't behave matured like MJS said. :rolleyes:
Hopefully the community is going to become it :p

PS.: Sorry, my English isn't the best, I know it! :p

Disturbed021
01-12-03, 20:11
I don't doubt there are over 10,000 paying accounts. If you look more closely though you will see that your typical player has 2-3 accounts. Some even have up to 5 accounts.

Unfortunate but so true (especially on Pluto).
The more ppl that leave makes it extremely hard to get stuff constructed/researched so ppl buy another account for a tradeskiller alt.
I made the decision this weekend to just keep one of my accounts and cancel the rest....I hope a few other ppl will too, maybe we can make kk see the actual subscribers as opposed to the accounts that are being paid for.

FirestarXL
01-12-03, 20:12
It's good to hear some updates, and thanks for the (human) translations all! :D

Iorghe
01-12-03, 20:24
Originally posted by jernau
I don't agree that they "lied" to us. I know they've missed deadlines but that's not a crime. I refuse to believe that anyone here has NEVER missed a deadline.

NeMa is delayed for one day...

*Sneaks out*

greendonkeyuk
01-12-03, 20:36
Originally posted by Iorghe
NeMa is delayed for one day...

*Sneaks out*

ONOZ KOS KOS KOS!!!!1111oneoneone

had to be said didnt it......

no bother mate, its only one day.

Thanks for telling us too.

Vampire222
01-12-03, 20:43
i think people would like to start on already populated servers, itll be really cool being flooded by n00bs, and all these ppl helping them with guns and stuff

Psycho Killa
01-12-03, 20:44
Nevermind

ReefSmoker
01-12-03, 21:14
Originally posted by Velvet

Q: (ProfX) Will Doy be free of charge?
A: (MJS) We still negotiate the point of “free of charge” with the publisher. The publisher wants to earn money with the expansion pack because of the investment into advertising. We want an “extra” solution for active gamers. That`s one of the points where we spent a lot of time. The devil is hiding in every detail…(can`t translate it properly, Velvet)

MJS: The tendency is to publish Neocron in an extension with DoY as a complete new product. There will be changes in the game-play of utmost importance. So we think it`s justified to position Neocron as new product. (Don`t worry! The old accounst will work properly)

MJS: All users with active accounts will get an offer for “Beyond Dome of York” (offical title) which they can accept inside two month. That is our suggestion to the publisher. We are still negotiating this “special offer” . We can not tell if it will be “free of charge” or for a reasonable price

I can understand that a new publisher wants to make money, however it looks like Reakktor will be back-tracking on their previous statements that DoY will be a free expansion. I tip my hat to Reakktor for trying to ensure DoY will still be free as originally promised but it looks like we're going to be shelling out a few extra quid for the expansion afterall.

Don't want to give KK a hard time over this point, since there's not many other ways for a new publisher to make money and recoup their investment. Just a wee bit disappointed that an old promise might be broken. Will be interesting to see how this turns out when Reakktor make an official statement early next year.

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Archeus
01-12-03, 21:32
Hacking is still a problem. Saying its client side isn't good enough. KK should have IP tracking made availible upon request from the account owner and then go to the furthest means possible to prosecute any offenders.

Has there been evidence of it being server side? Do you have a link?

Documentation is appalling. When I asked how a person was supposed to learn about the Cash cap, nobody could give me an answer.

Well to be honest, when you are at a position in the game where you can make 18 million you would probably know about the cap by then.

documentation in MMORPGs tends to be out of date after a month or two. It is just something to deal with. Fan sites tend to give the best information.

It doesn't tell a new player about resists or how they work, doesn't tell players that resist psi is useless.

New player wouldn't worry about them. They would wonder how do I construct something, or how do I hack a door? the newbie NPCs seem to do a reasonable job as acting as live manuals.

I can understand that a new publisher wants to make money, however it looks like Reakktor will be back-tracking on their previous statements that DoY will be a free expansion.

If DOY was discounted I might buy it, however if the monthly charge was raised then I would cancel an account to offset the cost (or if it was too high like SW:G I would just quit).

BlackPrince
01-12-03, 21:40
Oh really Arch?

How many MMOs have you played? In every other game I've attempted to figure out the best setup for what I like doing: ranged high accuracy combat. Be it Eve, Neo, PS, or whatever, I always try for the best. Just because someone is a noob to Neo doesn't mean they're a noob to MMOs.Just because YOU didn't worry about it, doesn't mean they won't.

And as far as having 18m and not knowing about the cap, I played this game for 5 months before I ever heard mention of the cash cap, and that was after a friend lost several millions to it.

As far as documentation on serverside hacking. There is none, but please show me where the documentation on the client side hack is. My account got hacked yet I don't use 3rd party programs, have a fairly secure connection, and randomly change all my passwords every few days. Nobody ever had my password, nor did I ever share any of my account info with anyone. And how would IP tracking on account log ins be anything but beneficial for this game?

Arch, you defend KK by saying the status quo is good enough. It's obviously not or this game would be much more successful. KK and you fanbois need to realize here and now that for Neocron to survive it is going to have to rise above 'average' and 'thats what all the other mmo's do', or else this game will end up in the toilet faster than you can say "Pass the Immodium".

Dribble Joy
01-12-03, 21:47
A one off charge to current subscribers wouldn't be to bad, (depending on how much it is. An extra £5-10, we have allready bought the game.)
Would NC be rereleased with DoY as a single package, with current members DLing the DoY patch bringing it to retail standard?
Seems the best way.
Though again, we must focus on advertising.

dem0n
01-12-03, 21:59
DoY free of charge

Their early intentions were to make DoY free, but things changed after that, if they wan't a new publisher which would bring them about 10000-100000 [lets hope], there are some exceptions KK have to make. I think they would rather make DoY free and get a larger pool of players, but if the publisher says "DoY won't be free, we've invested a lot of time and money already and we wan't to make some cash right away", KK can't do shit about it or they can just start looking for a new publisher... do you wan't to wait another 6 months for DoY?

KK lying to us

I don't think you could say that KK ever lied to us or that it was their intention. Just take your basic OEM, there are always new people that have long nails, yellow teeth and oily, have bad breath and no language skills who do the PR or are in direct contact with you, or have no idea about something till they sell their presumptions to you as if it was gold/true. You can't say that all the PR, GMs and people from the community which now work for KK are pure platinum, every company has it's share of people who don't operate the way KK expects and thus leading to disinformation or doing things usually MJS wouldn't, ergo trashing KKs name. This is a long expl. and I hope you understand what I say: "don't eat everything someone who works at KK tell you". They don't lie to us, but you could say that some GMs spoke about things that still weren't for sure or pured out nonconcreat informations. You could say that "DoY will be free" - it's not true, they wan't it to be free but the publishers, on the other hand, don't - and maybe KK should have thought about it a bit before they told it, because some people just don't get it!

Hacking/Exploiting/etc.

This is a big problem, but I don't know how some people *cough* could be dumb enough to say that this is the main reason that NC has a low player pool and that new people don't want to start playing because of the exploits, and that more and more people are leaving because of it. I've been playing NC for a total of 9 months [beta+retail], I haven't had problems with it and I haven't noticed anyone do it. And how can a newb know shit about any exploit unless people like you don't tell them disinformation. NC doesn't have a larger problem of exploiting than any other MMO you might have played, people will always find new ways to abuse some things in ever MMO and thats just the way the cookie crumbles. Hacking - client side? It is... what do you wan't huh? For NC to crash when you switch to desktop? For all the files to be packed in a *.xxx format so only the game can unpack them into a *.xxx format so you can't parse them thus running the game 99E+3 times slower than now? If you can't deal with it then good luck at finding a game which has a cure for hacks & exploits imo

The conclusion

Give KK a break, there are some things they can't affect, there are some things they can't say because of the publishers, there are some things which they can't say because that would leave to confusion, there are some thing they can't say because they aren't still sure about it, there are some things which they've said but some force pressed them and now they have to change their statements, and if your one of those people who just are too dumb to understand some simple things, or you just feed on flaming someone for no reason and just like to be a dickhead, then try to find a company operated by god cause there ain't no way to please you.

Archeus
01-12-03, 22:25
How many MMOs have you played?

Six.

In all instances the instructions never matched up (and changed at least monthly), and learning what the best set up straight away is not how I played the game (so I suspect many others are like me). The first thing I learned was the basics not if I dump all points into stats X I will be uber. That normally doesn't happen until after a month or so.

And as far as having 18m and not knowing about the cap, I played this game for 5 months before I ever heard mention of the cash cap, and that was after a friend lost several millions to it.

How long was your friend playing? I've been playing over a year and never reached 2 million (legally). So to reach over 18 million you mean he would have to be a hardcore gamer (in which case he certainly would of heard of the cap) or used the get rich quick trick.

but please show me where the documentation on the client side hack is.

Read Odins post about temporary mail accounts being used.

Arch, you defend KK by saying the status quo is good enough.

Erm no. I was saying there is no status quo when it comes to MMORPGs, which makes documentation creation a full time job and even instructions after a month may be different.

It's obviously not or this game would be much more successful.

Bugs is one of the major things that has kept this game back, but mostly the hard installer to use and poor distrubution/advertisment of the game.

]v[ortice
02-12-03, 01:02
I know MJ said there was a demo at the GC. He also said something about "maybe we just shown some footage" as a retort (he was implying that people thought he was lying about the demo, or so I gather).

I'm not into asking KK for a lot. I love the game, no, the world I pay for.

Could we have a little teaser for Christmas? Just a 30 second long AVI would suffice. Lets see DoY glide along for a few brief moments.

That's what I want for Christmas.

Vampire222
02-12-03, 01:04
PLAYABLE DEMO THING!!!!!

]v[ortice
02-12-03, 01:10
No a demo is too much to ask and tbh it would spoil running round DoY when it arrives cos u'll already be wearing a DoY t-shirt.

IE: Been there, Done that...

Vampire222
02-12-03, 01:21
see, tutorial of neocron v 1.01 or something in downloads section of site, that fucking owned, when they released it before beta 4, got lots of people hot and sweaty back then!

Judge
02-12-03, 01:23
Yeah a short AVI going through a few places in the dome would be great. :D

Ascension
02-12-03, 01:26
DoY is delayed for one year...

*sneaks out*

Only missed the Deadline by a few days:lol: all 365 +

KimmyG
02-12-03, 01:29
Well I tell yea where the assupmtion come from its not coming out DoY has been 1 month away jjust about ever month since I 1st started playing this.

Almost 1 year ago.

Clothing_Option
02-12-03, 01:36
Originally posted by MkVenner
Did n e one else catch that :p

For the love of fucking Christ its called ENGLISH
KK may have heard of it
its a fairly common language in the western world

Ka0s^
02-12-03, 01:38
Pay for an expansion pack?

Special offer?

:rolleyes:

Im gonna work out exactly how much ive spent on neo since last year and thne decide if DoY is gonnabe worth shelling out for O_o

G.0.D.
02-12-03, 01:59
I find even more interesting these "suspicions" that we will _never_ release DoY.. sorry, but that's just (to be blunt) Bullshit! We have worked forver for a Release-Pack, and have presented some of it at the GC... Why though.. I'm serious: WHY would we not release DoY and throw out all our work in the garbage? Or are the next assumptions now that we've only presented a couple rendered AVIs at the GC?

Some times I think hes talking directly about my site ^_^
www.thedomeofyork.com (http://www.thedomeofyork.com)

I agrea with cars point, alot of people dont play the game any more. Most use neocron as a glorified chat program becuase they want to keep in touch with the friends they have made.

I would love to see DOY pop out right now but thats just not going to happen. Will doy come? of course it will... its just been so long some of us are starting to lose faith in the game we love and carish so much.

Velvet
02-12-03, 11:04
MJS: 12.01.2003, 17:34
Please don`t ask for more feature details. I can´t answer them (today).

We`re working on the netcode. We are working on other possible disruptive elements. Maybe that means a new provider. (At the moment Level3.com)
We`re going to test DoY before release.

Doy, officical name: „Neocron – Beyond Dome of York“, will be positioned as a new product. It`s logical because Neocron will be enhanced referring to game-play and visuals. We don`t want to have angular characters strolling through the streets of both (enhanced) cities.;)

Fenris
02-12-03, 11:52
Thanks velvet. I translated his both last post completely. Don't flame me for my english.

Post by MJS

A lot of these question are about Details/Features that I can't reveal now.

Concerning the netcode we locates differnd errors that don't scale with the server load. So you can't
conclude that when the server have problems with 300 people the problems will double with 700 people. You can see lag or high ping values due to some error sources even if there are only 50-100 runner on the server. It's self-evident that we work to erase these problems. Maybe we will even change the Provider (at the moment Level3.com)

There will be a lot of testing pre-launch of DOY to find out which error sources are the most important.

DoY will not be released as an Expansion Pack but will be placed as a „new product“ on the market. The name will be “Neocron-Beyond Dome of York“. Thats only logical cause we will rework the city of Neocron optically and gameplay wise. And you can derive, without me stating it explicitly, that we will not send edged chars throught the beautifull streets ofboth towns.

Post by MJS

The gameplay of „dome of York“ is the logical consequence of the actual gamplay. We will not throw everything out the window but develope further on from the momentary setup.

This declaration will make more sense when I can (or am allowed) to tell you more.

Suffix from me:
Most likely Martin will attend a player meeting on the 20 of Dezember in Hannover.
The thread can be found here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=79575)
It's in german of cause :)

jernau
02-12-03, 12:11
Originally posted by Fenris
Suffix from me:
Most likely Martin will attend a player meeting on the 20 of Dezember in Hannover.
The thread can be found here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=79575)
It's in german of cause :)

OMG!!!

Martin - COME TO SUKING!!!

mystery8
02-12-03, 12:57
So... if DoY won't be an expansion pack, but a separate product... what does that mean for us (who already have retail)? :(

Meh, guess we'll just have to wait to find out...

nugz420
02-12-03, 13:04
So now DOY isnt a expansion but a new game.Lets hope this true.I could live with a slight fee to upgrade my neocron beta 5 to a retail game.But in order for the fee to be justified I'd have to see a retail quality game.

Neocron as it is now seems to be getting worse with lag and what not,yet the server pops are on the decline.To me it seems those problems should be getting better with lower server pops.I would love to be able to play one day just one day with out all the syncs and fre's.

To me a retail game should atleast be able to deliver you one day of no syncs or fre's.I know a mmo cant run with out any problems but the same problems every day?Not one day of no syncs or fre's to me that is still a beta.

I have been playing neocron for over a year now and have not had a day where i dont get a sync or fre.Only reason I still play NC is cause I like this game alot and have learned to except the sync's and fre's as i got used to them in beta 4.(although it seems they werent so common back then)

I can see why many people have left and I can understand why those of us who are still here are.I just hope that the new neocron will be stable for the most part.I know all bugs in this type of game will never be squashed,but they shouldn't be such common place.Lets just hope the new Neocron will be more of a retail than the current version.Either way I'm here till they close it down or I find something better cause it is a good game dispite all it's faults. bah im done this probably doesnt make much sence but its almost 6am and imma go get some sleep.

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 13:09
OMG!!!

Martin - COME TO SUKING!!!

lmfao... that would be sweet

Fenris
02-12-03, 13:23
shortened translation from an MJS post:

Old accounts will still work.

All runners with an active account will get mail with a special offer for "Beyond Dome od York", which they can accept within 2 Month.

Thats our offer to the publischer. How this "special price" will look like (for free or cheaper) must still be negotiated with the publisher.

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 13:27
Originally posted by Fenris
shortened translation from an MJS post:

Old accounts will still work.

All runners with an active account will get mail with a special offer for "Beyond Dome od York", which they can accept within 2 Month.

Thats our offer to the publischer. How this "special price" will look like (for free or cheaper) must still be negotiated with the publisher.

for free or cheaper? cheaper than free?

omg im gonna get payed to play DoY! bwahahaha

er... anyway...

possibility of paying for what was planned to be a free expansion? well that sucks tbh. unless it REALLY improves the game i wont be bothering. there is little keeping me ingame currently, certainly not enough to pay more unless its worth it

jernau
02-12-03, 13:42
Not that I have money to burn or anything but if DoY costs a bit more I would be fine with that.

Neocron is amazing value for money. Compare it to almost any other MMORPG and it's a bargain. Don't BS me about value/bugs/etc - they all have just as many bugs (except maybe FFXI and that's >2x the price).

If KK have to increase the cost then people need to seriously STFU with all that "you lied" bollocks and learn a few things about real world economics and stop acting like infants in a sweet shop.

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 13:48
Not that I have money to burn or anything but if DoY costs a bit more I would be fine with that.

Neocron is amazing value for money. Compare it to almost any other MMORPG and it's a bargain. Don't BS me about value/bugs/etc - they all have just as many bugs (except maybe FFXI and that's >2x the price).

If KK have to increase the cost then people need to seriously STFU with all that "you lied" bollocks and learn a few things about real world economics and stop acting like infants in a sweet shop.

hehe like i said... that sucks. im not gonna get all high and mighty about it. it was a theoretical expansion in pre beta development... i wouldnt dream of shouting and screaming about any changes :p

however what i said is true for me. unless it has some major additions i will not be getting it. neocron is a great game. it is also cheap. however "Don't BS me about value/bugs/etc - they all have just as many bugs (except maybe FFXI and that's >2x the price)." this is horse shit :p

i mean no flame... but are you being serious? i can count the times my DAoC char has been wiped on no hands... i can count the amount of times i dropped an item and it flew through a wall in AO on no hands... i can count the amount of times i got stuck in a sync and stood there getting killed with no choice on UO on no hands.

yes all MMORPGs (hell all games) have bugs. this is the unavoidable truth. however i dont think i have played a single game with this many. i hear AO was the same on release - i didnt try it until about 2 years after release iirc so i dont know about that. however they had the player base. they had the margin for error.

ReefSmoker
02-12-03, 14:02
Neocron is amazing value for money. Compare it to almost any other MMORPG and it's a bargain.

$50 US is what I pay to play the game that keeps me occupied most days. Sure I still play a wee bit of Neocron, but it's good for me to have something else to play - that way come next year I might be able to indulge in Neocron and find it entertaining again :) For now I just log in for half an hour or so every few days and catch up with friends (it was every day but there's fewer folk left to catch up with in-game).

This other game I play is a lot of fun, and has only 2 bugs I've encountered. Neither of them are show-stoppers thankfully. Oh did I mention that's $50 US per year ?!? Now that's value for money :D Neocron costs the same as most other MMORPGs out there - don't kid yourself by saying it's value for money ;)

Take care Jernau, not sure what's changed with you, there's something not quite right - if it's the fanboi virus, don't worry, give it enough time and it cures itself ;)

Here's one old fanboi signing off, loved Neocron for a long time and hated seeing all the bad stuff, which is why I've let myself get so riled up on a few occasions over the last quarter.

ReefSmoker

jernau
02-12-03, 14:04
When did you play AO and DAoC?

Both were buggier than hell for at least as long as Neocron has been in retail. AO was easily the most unreliable MMORPG on record for a LONG time. I imagine Funcom had something of a party when SW:G turned out to be such a total stinker and finally took that title from them.

Like Martin keeps saying : the money coming in is enough to keep them going. All MMORPGs need time and in most cases a decent re-release/expansion.

Jesterthegreat
02-12-03, 14:11
as i said i played AO a fair time into retail. as for DAoC a played from release. the only bug i ever got was falling through the floor :p

oh i am talking the european release here BTW - i played US DAoC about 4 months before Euro release - same bug situation as i just said

i also played SW:G for 1 hour last night on someones account - not 1 bug (although it was only 1 hour) however its a fuckin boring game lol

jernau
02-12-03, 14:21
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
Take care Jernau, not sure what's changed with you, there's something not quite right - if it's the fanboi virus, don't worry, give it enough time and it cures itself ;)

Here's one old fanboi signing off, loved Neocron for a long time and hated seeing all the bad stuff, which is why I've let myself get so riled up on a few occasions over the last quarter.

ReefSmoker

I guess we all get to a point of swinging to one extreme or the other and I very nearly went sour like so many others. Then I realised that Neocron has given me a huge amount of enjoyment, introduced me to a lot of new friends (several of whom I now know IRL) and been a fascinating learning experience. I think getting all that for less than the cost of a cinema ticket a month is a bargain.

It upsets me to see people I respect, like yourself, turning against something they clearly felt strongly about even if they have good reasons to do so.

I still have my gripes and there's plenty here to get angry about but I decided that a) they already know what most of the problems are and b) there are plenty of people on here already who get off on bitching. It's fun to play devil's advocate sometimes too, especially against people who argue a good point badly.;)

Wrt your new game. I think you (or another BT) mentioned it once but I can't recall which it was now. Could you DM me it as you clearly don't want to "advertise" it too much. I might give it a look (is it the one where your called Black Tech now?).

Spy<VS>Spy
02-12-03, 20:48
In regards to kk lying, etc. I really don't believe they have any mal intent for us. MJS seems like quite a cool guy and all of them are avid gamers. The problem I believe is in miscomunication, and having blinders on. I truly believe kk does not play their own game, or if they do it's only the lower level employees. When MJS makes ridiculous claims, it looks pretty bad for the company. Some that I can recall are MJS saying 'he doesn't see any problems with lag or synching, he himself can play perfectly fine.' Also we have the ever popular 'We don't receive any bug reports stating that Neocron crashes regularly, so as far as we're concerned Neocron is stable' These are of course paraphrased, but if you searched the forum you could prolly find them. It's almost as if KK is playing a different game from the rest of us. The majority of our malcontent is from this, we say there are major problems and kk shrugs and says everything is fine. I especialy like the quotes in this thread, subscriptions in the 5 digits, neocron is still doing well after a year, lol ! You can warp and twist facts into statistics that will say whatever you want to say. I don't doubt there are over 10,000 paying accounts. If you look more closely though you will see that your typical player has 2-3 accounts. Some even have up to 5 accounts. Furthermore if you look at activity you can prolly drop 2/3 of those accounts. You have to be careful about your view. As a company kk's goal is to make money and provide entertainment. Strictly looking at the money made, a 5 digit subscriber base is awesome. Each of those accounts is bringin in money for them. Yet that doesn't match up to how many people are actualy playing and enjoying their game. If kk could measure that, I'll bet they wouldn't be so happy. It's only a matter of time before those 5 digit accounts start evaporating. People are holdin on to their accounts, even though they don't play, because they want to see what doy will be like. I bet several months after doy is released, those accounts will start being canceled. I gave my second account the axe last week, no reason to pay for it if I don't play.

hey the hell with those germans i have been doing it for months damn it. it took me 1300 posts to finely get a flame from them, imagine how good of a bullshit rant we would get if everyone worked as hard as me? :) okay, kidding of course. mah-ha.

5 digits? 10,000 ... or 99,000 ... i'm thinks its closer to 10k, which is utterly pathatic, in fact i REFUSE to belive thats how many active subribers as well carinth, IE, people who have been playing for more then 3 months.

anways, blah blah, more agreements etc etc...frankly yeah, i dont think martin would dare post that here on the english forum...the mass carnage would boogle the forum mods.

Listen the proof is in the pudding, Martin should just shut the hell up, learn to code, sit down with the team, order pizza, and get friggen cracking. not get on and say, "wait a little longer!" why?

meh, i dont know, i dont want to get into it. aperently i depress people who love the game and steal their enjoyment from it by posting such 'negitive' if not completely truthful statements. (for the record, martin cant say those accounts of DoY never coming out is bullshit, i mean, for them to be wrong...it would...actually have to come out. :D ) So anyways i'm gone, before KK's alternate board accounts get on and flame me for being a lair, a tosser and crazy person.

Vampire222
02-12-03, 20:51
no dont leave spy, your like the n01 Flamer and doomsday poster on the forums, i love you for it, you know....

StrongSad
02-12-03, 23:30
and then go to the furthest means possible to prosecute any offenders

LMFAO!!!!

So you assume the KK (or any other MMORPG company for that matter) actually has the funds to "persecute" (sue) each and every person that hacks an account??? Have you EVER traveled outside your cave???

i also played SW:G for 1 hour last night on someones account - not 1 bug

ROFL

Why would you even say that? You know its wrong. SWG is suchs a bug fest it is not even funny. There were so many bugs you probably thought it was just the way the game was meant to be!! BUAHAHAHA

***I love how some people have a COMPLETE lack of 'logic'***

40$Poser
02-12-03, 23:51
rant

Ok, for those of you who think DoY will never come out, it was well put by Martin basically why would they throw away what they've been working of for months on end? That's be incredibly stupid.

Whine, Whine, Whine... people you want info about DoY and that 'oh it hasn't been out yet'. Do you want a pile of puke that's got tons of bugs and was a rushed product? I don't... you don't think DoY will bring quality and quantity, you must be out of your mind. It's taken this long, if you can't wait then why are you still playing this game? A chat program? go download AIM/MSN.

If you haven't seen, KK doesn't want to disappoint, but when you got people complaining DoY isn't out yet, you guys lie, it'll never come, tell us details. When they give any info concerning it people bash them because the suggested release time wasn't true. Has anyone here actually tried programming a video game, let alone one that consists on online play components? I doubt it's an easy thing to do. I've even taken a class when I was in high school about programming, it ain't easy. Granted it might be easier for someone who has a career in it, but still... give these people a break. They are trying to make things better for this game to the best of their ability, but it ain't easy when you got countless moaners spamming the forums complaining about this and that and everything between. Give KK a break for once. Does anyone else realize expansion packs usually don't come out within the first few months of a games release? Maybe within a year of the game's release or 2 years at the most.

Details about Dome of York may come in the first months of the new year, it sounds that talks with getting a new publisher are getting postive feedback. If the release of Dome Of York is done right this game could get the recoginition it deserves. This game is unique as it gets, storyline and how it was set up. So for don't think for one minute is trying to screw us over, though I'm sure it's hard to do your job when you got people in your face 24/7 complaining about Dome of York never coming out and that the staff doesn't care one bit. If you believe that your very mistaken, KK is doing their best and give them time, as I've said expansion packs usually DO NOT come out within the first months of a games life, let alone in the first year. Typicall it takes over a year for most companies to introduce a well thought out, high quality and quantity expansion to a game. It's time people quit getting so bitchy about a video game and a company who's trying to do their job within the best limits of their reach. Cut them some slack, Dome of York will be here eventually.

and thinking about it, every game has bugs... in one form or another there's bugs in every video game. Some small bugs/gltiches others large and bad ones that have ruined games chances of being fun. So far I've not experience any 'shattering' bugs with Neocron, sure fatals may happen... but you get use to it. Hell, I've had my monk lose his HL before, people have to learn to get over it, try and get help from support staff and as for the 100k offer to replace lost stuff. If KK went around believeing everyone saying they lost this and that, people could exploit the trust of GMs and Support Staff and get free rare items and so forth. Has anyone ever thought about that?

/rant

Carinth
03-12-03, 00:16
ohboy, i'm not gonna touch that with a 9 foot pole! Fanboys can be pretty scary. *hides*

G.0.D.
03-12-03, 01:03
amen car!

Shadow Dancer
03-12-03, 01:12
ohboy, i'm not gonna touch that with a 9 foot pole! Fanboys can be pretty scary. *hides*

:lol:

My sentiments as well.

ezza
03-12-03, 01:24
with the new release should i take it that we would have to start new characters all over?

SigmaDraconis
03-12-03, 02:05
ezza read whole thread.. MJS says a wipe isnt planned but theres a possibility for a new server...

koff

"OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY" DAMN FUCKING STRAIGHT !!!!

Confirms my interpretation that DoY will NOT be out Q1/04 but we SHOULD have an official release date by then...

I still think its a myth !! u get 1-2 more account renewals out of me then im gone if im not in teh dome :P

Danae
03-12-03, 06:10
I guess we all get to a point of swinging to one extreme or the other and I very nearly went sour like so many others. Then I realised that Neocron has given me a huge amount of enjoyment, introduced me to a lot of new friends (several of whom I now know IRL) and been a fascinating learning experience. I think getting all that for less than the cost of a cinema ticket a month is a bargain.

Screw being a fanboi, I am a fangirl and so fucking what if I am? Btw, I <3 Jernau!

I've played a lot of games (UO, DAoC, AC, etc) and no game has captured my attention and imagination like Neocron has. 3 years I've been here; As a fan, as a beta tester, as a fansite staff member, as a player, as a volunteer, and now as an employee. Regardless of where I've come from and where I am, I still love this game, I still love the people, and I still love #neocron :p

I could not imagine my life (literally) or where I am now if I hadn't found Neocron...that may sound a bit pathetic to the average Joe player, but it's true. I've made life long friendships, a time consuming hobby, and a career because of this game.

I know it will press onward, I have faith in MJS, if I didn't I sure as hell wouldn't have stuck around this long. Not only do I have faith in the ceo, dev team, and our amazing volunteers, but in our players and fanbase. You are the bitchiest people I have ever met, but you are also the most genuine, up front, fun to be around people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I even like the assholes, sad but true and most of them hang out on irc!

Things have changed by leaps and bounds since I first got here, to be honest, my pre-beta vision of Neocron was completely shattered when I was accepted to Beta 2. But I got over it as did many of us, and those of us who still exist from pre Beta 2.

I still think Neocron is revolutionary, not as a KK representative but from the stand point of someone who still plays the game. Does it piss me off when I get stuck in sync or lose my inventory from some dumbass bug? OF COURSE! Do I bitch? Yes! Do I still come back for more? Absolutely! Why? I LOVE NEOCRON!

Anyway yeah, I hadn't ranted in a while :p Sorry if I upset anyone, cuz it was meant to be a feel good post not a get bitchy and direspect me cuz I used swear words and said how I feel post :D

:angel:

40$Poser
03-12-03, 06:51

so sue me, if people hate this game that much why are you still here? for a chat program? download aim/msn I'm sure your friends use one of them...

Psychoninja
03-12-03, 07:04
Originally posted by 40$Poser
so sue me, if people hate this game that much why are you still here? for a chat program? download aim/msn I'm sure your friends use one of them...

So you're saying if he's not a fanboi he shouldn't be playing? o_O

(Is it just me or am I being an asshole on the forums today?)

Carinth
03-12-03, 07:35

Indeed, I wouldn't be here if I didn't still like NC. I've just had my fill of playing the game. I'm sure in a few months.. or more.. whenever NDOY comes out, I'll be right back playin nc. I think the fact that including beta, it's been almost a year and a half since I first downloaded Neocron, says something about how awesome a mmorpg this is. In any community there are a wide array of ways people express their love for a game. It seems odd, but some people are so vehement and angry, shouting about how horrible the game is.. because they actualy love the game. As you said, why else would they be here on the forum? If you really dont like the game, it's not hard to deactive your accounts, delete neocron, and never come back. The other extreme though is the fanboy, the game designers can do no wrong and even if they do, they will fix it. Absolute 100% faith that they're doing the right thing. Talking to a fanboy can be similar to talking to a religious zealout. You can point out logic flaws in their arguments and it doesn't hurt them one bit. They have the moral high ground, you're obviously wrong : ) In their own way either of these extremes can hurt the game. Nay sayers of course give bad publicity and cause problems. Fanboys end up like Yes Men, always telling the game company everything is fine. How is the game ever going to improve if noone critiques it?

I really dont want to get into a debate about this, it won't go anywhere. When I read your post, there were so many points I wanted to argue against, but the way you said them made me reconsider. We'd just get into an argument back and forth just as you can't argue musical taste. Yes kk is a small company and they've done very well with their limited resources. Yes much of the negatives thrown at them are unjustified. But you do have to hold them accountable at some level. They have repeatedly missed the doy deadline, without giving us much of an idea of what is going on. We get vague explinations and another date to hope for. There are countless bugs that we've gotten used too, but really should have been adressed by now. There are class balance issues that really need attention. Meanwhile they've spent most of their time trying to get DOY finished. That's admirable of them, but I really feel they should have focused on Neocron first. I've been holding out hope for DOY, not because of DOY, but because it means kk will be free to work wholeheartedly on the bugs and balacing issues.

That pretty much sums up where I stand.

Edit: lmao zv, thats what pm's are for : )

ZoneVortex
03-12-03, 07:39
Oh...man...it's Carinth. Sorry noticed he'd posted here I don't even know what this thread is about I just wanted to say Hi to Carinth ;)

Lareolan
03-12-03, 12:02
Originally posted by dem0n
Hacking/Exploiting/etc.

This is a big problem, but I don't know how some people *cough* could be dumb enough to say that this is the main reason that NC has a low player pool and that new people don't want to start playing because of the exploits, and that more and more people are leaving because of it. I've been playing NC for a total of 9 months [beta+retail], I haven't had problems with it and I haven't noticed anyone do it. And how can a newb know shit about any exploit unless people like you don't tell them disinformation. NC doesn't have a larger problem of exploiting than any other MMO you might have played, people will always find new ways to abuse some things in ever MMO and thats just the way the cookie crumbles. Hacking - client side? It is... what do you wan't huh? For NC to crash when you switch to desktop? For all the files to be packed in a *.xxx format so only the game can unpack them into a *.xxx format so you can't parse them thus running the game 99E+3 times slower than now? If you can't deal with it then good luck at finding a game which has a cure for hacks & exploits imo

I find this one exceptionally funny especially considering you just told us not to mis-inform other people, yet you just said a complete and utter rubbish of a story. FYI packing all game files into a linear archive will not only NOT slow down a game, but will actually speed up load times and access times as due to the way hardware works it takes A LOT more time to read 1000 small files than a single large archive that contains 1000 small files. This is a fact and the reason all games and many programs use it. (Why do you think Neocron has files like "MODELS.PAK" or why Quake3 has it's *.pk3 files (Which are actually just zip)? It's not to hide the information and make the game slower, it's to actually make it faster to access information withing many many many files.

Spy<VS>Spy
03-12-03, 18:22
Originally posted by Psychoninja

The power of evil compels you, Psychoninja! you know it to be true!

Fanboys, i belive, come from perhaps adutions from old cerial commericals, their moms bring them in all nice and pretty and they have them sit down and eat some apple jacks, then they are asked, "Why do you like them?"

"We just do!" even if it doesnt taste like apple, even if it does go stale, soggy or cause cancer of the prostate. oh you can try to tell them that, but they WANT that commerical spot so they keep eating them.

Pretty much, yes, thats what they are saying, if you dont want your face on the box, get the hell out! :) no PN, you are not being an asshole, a dick head maybe...but then we all turn into dickheads at one point of our lives, its part of growing up. either that its the result of playing better games. hmmm...dun know. o_O

Run while you still can.

40$Poser
03-12-03, 18:29
Originally posted by Psychoninja

no no, I'm saying if people hate the game, why are they still here? should have been more generic on that post, my fault. Though labeling people 'fanboi' is pretty pathetic. Little children result to calling names, I'd hope people might be mature enough to not resorting to labeling people naming wise, then again, most people don't have respect for another person's opinions.

40$Poser
03-12-03, 18:37
Indeed, I wouldn't be here if I didn't still like NC. I've just had my fill of playing the game. I'm sure in a few months.. or more.. whenever NDOY comes out, I'll be right back playin nc. I think the fact that including beta, it's been almost a year and a half since I first downloaded Neocron, says something about how awesome a mmorpg this is. In any community there are a wide array of ways people express their love for a game. It seems odd, but some people are so vehement and angry, shouting about how horrible the game is.. because they actualy love the game. As you said, why else would they be here on the forum? If you really dont like the game, it's not hard to deactive your accounts, delete neocron, and never come back. The other extreme though is the fanboy, the game designers can do no wrong and even if they do, they will fix it. Absolute 100% faith that they're doing the right thing. Talking to a fanboy can be similar to talking to a religious zealout. You can point out logic flaws in their arguments and it doesn't hurt them one bit. They have the moral high ground, you're obviously wrong : ) In their own way either of these extremes can hurt the game. Nay sayers of course give bad publicity and cause problems. Fanboys end up like Yes Men, always telling the game company everything is fine. How is the game ever going to improve if noone critiques it?

I really dont want to get into a debate about this, it won't go anywhere. When I read your post, there were so many points I wanted to argue against, but the way you said them made me reconsider. We'd just get into an argument back and forth just as you can't argue musical taste. Yes kk is a small company and they've done very well with their limited resources. Yes much of the negatives thrown at them are unjustified. But you do have to hold them accountable at some level. They have repeatedly missed the doy deadline, without giving us much of an idea of what is going on. We get vague explinations and another date to hope for. There are countless bugs that we've gotten used too, but really should have been adressed by now. There are class balance issues that really need attention. Meanwhile they've spent most of their time trying to get DOY finished. That's admirable of them, but I really feel they should have focused on Neocron first. I've been holding out hope for DOY, not because of DOY, but because it means kk will be free to work wholeheartedly on the bugs and balacing issues.

That pretty much sums up where I stand.

Edit: lmao zv, thats what pm's are for : )

I'm not saying the game designers can't do no wrong. Everyone is capable of screwing up, doing something wrong, but it's just the fact that it seems very few people think about the difficulty of creating a video game, let alone one that's online must be. Trust me, when someone's at fault for doing wrong, yes you can go point it out, blame them. But when it's nothing, but days on end of spam, don't you think it gets just a little bit ridiculous? the fact that these people are trying to work to release DoY possible should be satisfactory enough for now. Does anyone honestly think spamming enough times 'you guys lie' etc, gets the staff working faster? My point is everyone needs to relax, it's a video game. Neocron has enough stuff to do for now, DoY will be here when it's finished and released by the new publisher.

Spy<VS>Spy
03-12-03, 18:41
no no, I'm saying if people hate the game, why are they still here? should have been more generic on that post, my fault. Though labeling people 'fanboi' is pretty pathetic. Little children result to calling names, I'd hope people might be mature enough to not resorting to labeling people naming wise, then again, most people don't have respect for another person's opinions.

unfortionaly, my moral and cival laws can only allow me to touch the first sentance.

Neocron is allot like a house you have lived in for awile, and then it gets infested with roaches, mice, bad neigbors...etc, and you really dislike it. then some crazy person says to you, "well why do you still live there?"

where you reply, "Because it wasnt like that when i moved in."

El_MUERkO
03-12-03, 18:56
Fanbois & girls alone are not enough to keep this game running, they are a fickle bunch, madly in love with one game only to see a new game and drop it like a the fat girl at the school dance.

As much as Danae loves the game doesn’t mean it will be economically viable in 5 months when DOY still isn’t out but many other new shiny mmorpgs are.

I wouldn’t still be here if I didn’t love this game, but hey you can love something and realize its bad for you and give that up.

I’d suggest making a new install with all the latest patches already installed so people that do download the game have an easier time of getting it to work.

I'd suggest a developer’s diary and a .plan file.

I'd suggest KK do some self marketing instead of waiting for a new publisher, I'm not talking ads which cost money, but how about getting sites like IGN, Gamespot, and Eurogamer to have a look at the game now that it’s a year old.

I’d suggest you show them some exclusive DOY images, lick some arse, give them a NC > SWG t-shirt and drum up some interest in this POXY FUCKING GAME!!!

With 4 servers running KK can’t be happy with server populations dropping to double digits for hours every day, it’s wrong, it reflects badly on the game and dulls the experience of those loyal enough to still play.

Of course this has all been said many times before, and the recent test server patches show KK are continuing to add content and fix bugs and we now have a rough idea of when DoY might be out but its starting to wear on everyone the tone of the boards is dropping with more and more negative posts and response every day about a product that has improved massively since its inception.

Well that’s a good way to waste 20 minutes of work time, how many people will even bother to read down this far.

Frustrated,

MUERkO

jernau
03-12-03, 19:11
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Well that’s a good way to waste 20 minutes of work time, how many people will even bother to read down this far.

** Raises hand **
:p

I don't think anyone is really disagreeing with anything you are saying there except possibly the "economically viable" bit.

KK have acknowledged most of those problems though and seem to be learning. Self-marketing may not be viable for many reasons at this point.

Lareolan
03-12-03, 20:02
I'm not saying the game designers can't do no wrong. Everyone is capable of screwing up, doing something wrong, but it's just the fact that it seems very few people think about the difficulty of creating a video game, let alone one that's online must be. Trust me, when someone's at fault for doing wrong, yes you can go point it out, blame them. But when it's nothing, but days on end of spam, don't you think it gets just a little bit ridiculous? the fact that these people are trying to work to release DoY possible should be satisfactory enough for now. Does anyone honestly think spamming enough times 'you guys lie' etc, gets the staff working faster? My point is everyone needs to relax, it's a video game. Neocron has enough stuff to do for now, DoY will be here when it's finished and released by the new publisher.

All I can say to this is: "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen". I am not one to be linient on KK because "they did pretty well for a company their size". BS! If you're a small company stick to small games. There are plenty of small and unknown companies who fairly decently in their local markets with little known products that entertain a small audience. Those companies do what they can. Other companies even though they're small, release simple but technologically advanced games, such as ID software. They're not very big, and so they're not making MMOGs. They make simple FPS games where all the difficulty lies in the technical side of getting the most visuals with the highest framerate. So no, if KK can't make a good game, they shouldn't have tried. I hold everyone accountable in comparison to their peers. If you want to compete you better be able to deliver a product that's comparable or better in quality than the competition. "My dog ate my homework" doesn't work in school, why should it work in business?

So yes, it takes a lot of work to make a game. But that doesn't mean that KK is somehow allowed to create inferior products just because they don't have the cash that Lucas Arts does (Who created numerous very good games and I am not talking about SW:G). If they can't make games, they should have stuck to making databases for business clients or something.

Just my two coppers, cutter. (Props to whoever gets this one :D)

Disturbed021
03-12-03, 20:22
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Fanbois & girls alone are not enough to keep this game running, they are a fickle bunch, madly in love with one game only to see a new game and drop it like a the fat girl at the school dance.

As much as Danae loves the game doesn’t mean it will be economically viable in 5 months when DOY still isn’t out but many other new shiny mmorpgs are.

I wouldn’t still be here if I didn’t love this game, but hey you can love something and realize its bad for you and give that up.

I’d suggest making a new install with all the latest patches already installed so people that do download the game have an easier time of getting it to work.

I'd suggest a developer’s diary and a .plan file.

I'd suggest KK do some self marketing instead of waiting for a new publisher, I'm not talking ads which cost money, but how about getting sites like IGN, Gamespot, and Eurogamer to have a look at the game now that it’s a year old.

I’d suggest you show them some exclusive DOY images, lick some arse, give them a NC > SWG t-shirt and drum up some interest in this POXY FUCKING GAME!!!

With 4 servers running KK can’t be happy with server populations dropping to double digits for hours every day, it’s wrong, it reflects badly on the game and dulls the experience of those loyal enough to still play.

Of course this has all been said many times before, and the recent test server patches show KK are continuing to add content and fix bugs and we now have a rough idea of when DoY might be out but its starting to wear on everyone the tone of the boards is dropping with more and more negative posts and response every day about a product that has improved massively since its inception.

Frustrated,

MUERkO

Well said. That's exactly the way I feel at this point in my NC history.

Is NC still the best game out currently? YES!

NC survived the release of PS, EVE, and other MMO games that were said to be the death of NC, but will it survive FOMK, Horizons, WoW and many other MMO games coming out in 2004? I guess only time will tell, but my money is on one of the other MMO games mainly because they will have more than 50 ppl per server when I log on.

StrongSad
03-12-03, 22:32
Do you always log on at like 4:00am in the moring??

Even at the most unpopulated times saturn (my new main server) has about 150 people.

Carinth
03-12-03, 22:59
Originally posted by StrongSad
Do you always log on at like 4:00am in the moring??

Even at the most unpopulated times saturn (my new main server) has about 150 people.

4am in germany is 10pm here on the east coast in the usa, it's 7pm over on the west coast. During european prime time, nc has decent server populations, though they're still significantly lower then they used to be. Wait till american prime time and it's a ghost town.

In regards to advertising, I don't think that's such a good idea. NC is not a marketable product right now. The last review I read in US PCGamer, pointed out what we all know. NC is a lot of fun and has great potential, but is hampered by tons of bugs and crashes. Furthermore the game feels incomplete with promised features still not available and little content. In short we are playing the Neocron Beta and paying kk for it.

It does little good to bring in new players, if they are just going to be repelled by all the problems ingame. I imagine we lose the majority of potential players only a day or two after they first install the game. I keep saying the focus should not be on DOY, the focus should be on Neocron! Honestly does another city really matter? It will occupy us for several weeks to a month. Then we'll be back were we are now complaining about bugs and balance issues. It's sad to say but new content does nothing for Neocron aside from act as temporary eyecandy. When was the last time you strolled through Pepper Park and visited the Pub, Twister, The Shooting Gallery, the Bump Asylum, the Pussy Club, Veronica, and the list goes on. There is tons of content out there that just sits empty without a purpose. You go look around once or twice, maybe show a new player later on. Then there's no reason to ever go back.

Houser
03-12-03, 23:33
Could barely understand a word in the first paragraph, somebody close that thread. And give MJS a 3 day ban for SPAMMING!!!

xkorpio
04-12-03, 00:24
Originally posted by Danae
Screw being a fanboi, I am a fangirl and so fucking what if I am? Btw, I <3 Jernau!

I've played a lot of games (UO, DAoC, AC, etc) and no game has captured my attention and imagination like Neocron has. 3 years I've been here; As a fan, as a beta tester, as a fansite staff member, as a player, as a volunteer, and now as an employee. Regardless of where I've come from and where I am, I still love this game, I still love the people, and I still love #neocron :p

I could not imagine my life (literally) or where I am now if I hadn't found Neocron...that may sound a bit pathetic to the average Joe player, but it's true. I've made life long friendships, a time consuming hobby, and a career because of this game.

I know it will press onward, I have faith in MJS, if I didn't I sure as hell wouldn't have stuck around this long. Not only do I have faith in the ceo, dev team, and our amazing volunteers, but in our players and fanbase. You are the bitchiest people I have ever met, but you are also the most genuine, up front, fun to be around people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I even like the assholes, sad but true and most of them hang out on irc!

Things have changed by leaps and bounds since I first got here, to be honest, my pre-beta vision of Neocron was completely shattered when I was accepted to Beta 2. But I got over it as did many of us, and those of us who still exist from pre Beta 2.

I still think Neocron is revolutionary, not as a KK representative but from the stand point of someone who still plays the game. Does it piss me off when I get stuck in sync or lose my inventory from some dumbass bug? OF COURSE! Do I bitch? Yes! Do I still come back for more? Absolutely! Why? I LOVE NEOCRON!

Anyway yeah, I hadn't ranted in a while :p Sorry if I upset anyone, cuz it was meant to be a feel good post not a get bitchy and direspect me cuz I used swear words and said how I feel post :D

:angel:

Danae for president!!!!!!!!

*kicks MJS and Reeza from presidental chair*

NeoChick
04-12-03, 00:26
El Muerko agree with you totally (by the way also spending my working hours to write this :) )

If DOY is to appear in about 6 - 7 weeks time, then it is HIGH TIME that it is being advertised. Look at WOW,Doom and SWG how long before it appeared it is/was being advertised

Make people lust after that game, make their mouths water, make them hang out for that game as if it was the ants pants

because if people hang out for a game, they will truly give it a go, even if they start it and get a bit discouraged, they will continue

as it is now, heck, DOY is so damn secret really, even all of us trusting and loyal followers don't really have any idea what will be in it, except the few screenies of some crummy room that is not very exciting

ok there is something to be said for a surpirse factor, but people don't buy a game in the dark and hope that they will be pleasantly surprised!!!!
They buy because they think it is going to be great (usually it is the other way around and the only surprise you get is that you are unpleasantly surprised)

StrongSad
04-12-03, 03:00
4am in germany is 10pm here on the east coast in the usa, it's 7pm over on the west coast. During european prime time, nc has decent server populations, though they're still significantly lower then they used to be. Wait till american prime time and it's a ghost town.

You have it backwards. It is a ghost-town during european prime time....which would be around 10pm or 4am US as you say. Thats why he said the servers only have 50 players on them because hes loggin on during european primetime which is when NC is least populated.

Clothing_Option
04-12-03, 03:03
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NeoChick
El Muerko agree with you totally (by the way also spending my working hours to write this :) )

If DOY is to appear in about 6 - 7 weeks time, then it is HIGH TIME that it is being advertised. Look at WOW,Doom and SWG how long before it appeared it is/was being advertised

Make people lust after that game, make their mouths water, make them hang out for that game as if it was the ants pants

because if people hang out for a game, they will truly give it a go, even if they start it and get a bit discouraged, they will continue

as it is now, heck, DOY is so damn secret really, even all of us trusting and loyal followers don't really have any idea what will be in it, except the few screenies of some crummy room that is not very exciting

ok there is something to be said for a surpirse factor, but people don't buy a game in the dark and hope that they will be pleasantly surprised!!!!
They buy because they think it is going to be great (usually it is the other way around and the only surprise you get is that you are unpleasantly surprised) [/Q
Do they actually have a DEAL????
If they did they would be advertising

Ehyuko
04-12-03, 03:16
I agree with what Carinth has posted, although I DO sometimes still take a look at places I've already been.

Class balancing can go on forever, but it needs to be far better balanced then it is now before fine tuning can be done. Also the serious bug problems require to be resolved, only after both these conditions can be met should this game again be seriously advertised or else it will just scare away the next wave of players.

Netphreak
04-12-03, 03:32
I think this is good info. unfortunate MJS didn't also post a english version but he appears to be quite busy atm. Most likely his and everyone elses jobs are on the line at KK. They need NC to be the success it should have been.
Its about time we try to help KK sort out this game, but KK will also need to pay attention to some of the suggestions in these forums.
I remember reading in the test server forums about changes to the weapons tl related damage and main stat req changes. Not sure wots happening to that idea :wtf: but it is something that should get implemented. :(
I like most people dont feel KK have lied to us only occasionally disappointed with the speed at wich bug fixes are added ie. ati graphics fix. :wtf:

So people show KK we want the game to be what it always should have been and also show the new publisher that they can have a great game on there hands. :D

P.S i really hope the game engine is not at its limits, because if it is to make any progress onwards they will need to recode or use a different engine (unreal warfare would be great although i think its quite expenxsive to license), this is something KK would NEED to get right for DOY's release.

Velvet
04-12-03, 12:10
You have it backwards. It is a ghost-town during european prime time....which would be around 10pm or 4am US as you say. Thats why he said the servers only have 50 players on them because hes loggin on during european primetime which is when NC is least populated.

Even with 50players online i`m able to have fun...
Repeating myself: It is up to me to have fun. I can`t blame someone else for not having fun myself (i can blame him for spoiling my fun, sure).
The last time i was on at an unusual time i met two nice people and we spent half the time chatting and exchanging experiences that was fun:p

BTW: Nice to see that people can discuss a topic in a civilised manner. Thank you all!;)

Bozz-Von Mel
04-12-03, 12:28

Yeah, other than weekends, I have been playing for a full year without seeing a majority of the European population. Living in the US, I usually catch them leaving as I am logging on. On Uranus I cant stage an OP fight without getting accused of ninja hacking, so I wait for the 2 hours a week I can participate without angering anyone. Which really sucks cause the dominating clans here are multi-server hoppers. (seperate issue)

I hope DOY has marketing success in the US, majority of American gamers seem to pull out the playstation or x box for the instant gradification. Fewer Americans really have the spare time to invest in a community like this, but that could be a cultural thing as well. I have met 4 people in the course of a year who play and live in my state, there could be more. A friend of mine that worked for a gamestore in a local mall said he only sold 2 copies of NC ever, one to me. This is also a college town.

KRIMINAL99
04-12-03, 22:15
Great auto translator. Now we know the origin of:

"Someone set us up the bomb"

"HAHA All your base are belong to us!"

Spy<VS>Spy
04-12-03, 22:30
Beyound politcal reviews or outward feeling i'd like to talk about the real deal when it comes to neocron and that's money.

now martin claims the game is doing well, if its true...wow, bully for them. Me personaly when i look at a 'succesful' game and see how many people are in their servers, then i look at neocrons...well it doesnt appear so.

Its not observation, its fact, money is what makes the game devs work. now for some reason or anouther, DoY isnt an exspansion pack any more it a...uh...sequal...or something...a mini-sequal...like, home world cataclysm or whatever...who knows, i belive what martin is beating around the bush about is, its not going to be a download but a box.

...why? the publisher belives...or hell, maybe martin convinced them. that neocron would do well on the selves for a second time.

So the fact of the matter, the soul for us the gamers is, how is KK going to make some more dollar yo? is it going to end up screwing us? who knows, giving out their finicail plan might not be martins first choice, no. being a fan or just a player its coming down to it, what will the money bring us. supposidly...hey give me a friggin break KK all i have seen is a 3 doors and like 6 lousy screen shots...they have been doing an ass load of work on DoY, which, aperently i guess, has evolved to neocron 1.5 or some close factsimily.

I think as soon as we figure out where the money is going, or coming from...we the players can safely put to rest, the hard core debate of the future of neocron, management aside...which, i hate...not with a passion but on a dislike level 1 to 10, its like a 7, maybe an 8...

i'm not going to bang up over martin being PC to the public. its not relivent really, i dont give a fuck what he does or says (which honostly means nothing) its the here and now that i look at.

tomparadox
05-12-03, 18:04

i completly agree. this is an exilent game and i think the people that thing DoY isent going to come out are full of shit. iv even herd people say that it is a scam to try to keep people to keep playing. and to the person and people who said that to me you are full of crap.

Deanus_willis
05-12-03, 21:22
I think its great that he has given us a heads up and i support his desicion to defend his team. Deadlines are made to be broken and i cant wait to see Neocron advertised for once.
Big shout out to KK, good work so far ;)
laterz peeps

Garet
09-12-03, 23:21
I liked the game when I first bought it allthough I was totally put off the game at first as it was almost impossible to find out what the hell I was doing in the game. I was also annoyed by the constant crashes allthough I excepected that those would be fixed in some later patch.

Of course then information about DoY was released and for a few months I excpected that the game would get sooo much better when DoY was released....Of course it got delayed, then delayed and eventually postponed till they could get a publisher.

After DoY got knocked back, I carried on playing because I had a few friends in the game and didnt really wanna just abandon them, sooooo I got in to the ONLY thing that has kept NC alive. PvP and Op wars. I have now been op warring for going on 7 months, and to be honest I am bored as hell with a game which is essentially dull and a timesink when not in opwars. I have seen a grand total of 5 EVENTS in an entire year of retail, during which time I have been pretty active.

SERVERS are laggy as hell almost all the time. I can not count the amount of times I have died in op wars thanks to synching when I zoned from the underground to the top, or synched in the middle of a battle, or indeed as happens all to frequently crashed during an op war.

The players in NC are sooooo disalusioned now that the game has become one big bitch match. I am currently paying for 2 accounts and am seriously considering canceling both when they next expire. KK has failed to give ANY support to players, and have done nothing at al to make the game interesting. Indeed they run the neocronicle with stories which are totally irrelevant to EVERYONE and have NOTHING at all to do with the reality of a day in the life of NC. (btw this tends to go something like this...Log in, say hello. Ask if anything is going on. Find out nothing is happening, end up standing in my app for 2 hours chatting to people about totally unimportant bullshit until I iether log or we get a chance for an op war).

Now I find out that DoY MIGHT be released sometime (notice I say MIGHT...Untill I actually see a box on a store shelf I wont bother getting my hopes up) and that instead of it being free to current players (as was stated in the past) it MIGHT have a small charge (read that as WILL have a charge) and yet the major problems with NC will still exist even if they DO release DoY.

KK dont now and NEVER have supported the people playing and paying for the game. There is NO participation in neocron on the part of KK beyond the running of the servers which as previously stated are laggy as hell with only 150 players on line.

SERIOUSLY...HOW WILL THIS GAME COPE if we do get an influx of new players. Can anyone say...OHHH ****....NC HAS CRASHED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!.

I am not saying this to bitch, I am not even sure how much of this makes sense (I am kinda tired at the moment so you will have to forgive me if my attention has wandered) but I like the IDEA of NC and I like some of the people playing it but I dont like the REALITY of NC. What anoys me is the fact that even though I like the game, I spend an increasing amount of time wondering why the hell I am still paying for it....The game is obviously still in beta, KK are, from my point of view anyway, doing little for my monthly fee other than the occasional (for occasional read once every 2 months ) patch to iether fix one bug and create two new ones, or to screw around with the gameplay in there constant attempt to keep at least a quarter of the server rerolling.

So in closing....Hope at least some of what I said makes sense..(REALLLY not sure.....reallllly tired as previously mentioned) and dont bitch at the people who have a legitemate grievance with KK. Just because some of you are happy to pay for a beta game with no support from KK doesnt mean the rest of us should just smile, ignore the dozens of bugs, the lack of support and the TOTAL AND COMPLETE LACK OF ANY kind of information on the state of the game apart from these 6 monthly updates on DoY.

We pay, we dont get very much for our money, IMO we have EVERY right to complain about the service we are getting. WE have showed OUR loyalty by continuing to pay for a crap service. WHERE is KK's loyalty to US?...The people that have kept there bugged all to hell game alive for over a year now.

PAY A FEE FOR DoY?????....They should be paying US to stay on and try it before we call it quits.

krynstone
12-12-03, 22:16
Hey there everyone...
Ok, I have to agree that it does seem like this game is still in a kind of beta stage...but thats what I love about it. I think these guys could provide a little more feedback to players in game or something(really have no ideas at the moment) but I also think they are dong a good job trying to get neocron on its feet. I like being part of a developing community and game. They are releasing tons of patches to make the game better rebalance and provide some new items etc(albiet I think only to seem like their expanding the game at this point in time and to keep people from leaving) but give them time guys(and yes I know thy'e had lots) but it will never get better if you dont give them the time htey need. Now I've only been playing for about 2 months but I like what they've done and yeah I'd like them to hurry too but time is what it takes. And if your complaning about waiting around then just drop the game....dont flame it. You know they are working on a solution flaming them(I really dont think encourages effort or even achieves anything other than long message boards). Stop flaming and wait or drop the game. I'm looking forward to a new and improved neocron. I do wonder though if we wcould get a better publishing of KK's news in some separate non-user postable board...Its a bitch reading through 10 pages to see what KK or any other company involved has to say(maybe I'm also not looking int he right place, I'm kindof lost when it comes to finding info for neocron)