PDA

View Full Version : is money caped at 18 mil and why?

King_Boa
01-12-03, 02:05
ok i just sold 249 troop carrier took me a week to make and i have a high lvl barter i can sell them for 120k each so i can sell them all for over 29 mil so i typed in 249 and hit sell and only got 7 mil for them i had 10 mil on me at the time......... i wish there was something to tell me that you can't sell anymore because your money is maxed so how do i lose the 22 mil that i didn't get or can i get the key back that i didn't get money for?????

Thanks

Shujin
01-12-03, 02:06
its been capped at 18 mil since retail was released.

true cap is 20 mil but 1 nc over 20 mil and u goto 18

Gotterdammerung
01-12-03, 02:07
Money is capped at 18mil, so whatever you would have had you have now lost. It was capped at 18 mil a very long time ago due to exploiting. Sorry, but you can't get back those apc keys.

King_Boa
01-12-03, 02:16
well that really sucks well thanks alot for nothing

BlackPrince
01-12-03, 02:19
Customer Service and Neocron are mutually exclusive.

Btw, is there any place to see official documentation on the 18m cap, or is that something we're supposed to learn through osmosis?

Oath
01-12-03, 02:23
Originally posted by King_Boa
well that really sucks well thanks alot for nothing

Edited cos its not worth it.

King_Boa
01-12-03, 02:57
Well sence there is nothing saying there is a cap i want something done about this ........ it just not right i didn't spended all that time making them for nothing ......

Psychoninja
01-12-03, 03:01
Well sence there is nothing saying there is a cap i want something done about this ........ it just not right i didn't spended all that time making them for nothing ......

Nothing will be done about it, don't bother. They might give you 100k back, thats it. If they hardly help people with their accts getting hacked, do you really think they'll do something about you going past cap?

WebShock
01-12-03, 09:27
wtf do you need more than 20 mil for anyway?

its stuff like this that fucked the saturn economy.

mc5 chips cant even be bought anymore.

the only thing money is good for is level 3 imps and ammo. you really arent at a loss until kk figures out how to unbork the economy.

xkorpio
01-12-03, 13:07
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Customer Service and Neocron are mutually exclusive.

Btw, is there any place to see official documentation on the 18m cap, or is that something we're supposed to learn through osmosis?

LoL, you are right. We have to learn by the try-error way? losing in most cases MILLIONS, like the guy that starts the thread?

Dont Mess
01-12-03, 13:11
thats y i got my barter to make his own money clan, stockx is not safe so just make a clan 2 keep yr money in.

Dade Murphey
01-12-03, 13:41

You didn't really get NOTHING outta the deal...the cap has been in place for almost as long as I can remember...either right before or right after retail...yeah it's shitty...but had you never wondered or never noticed that the most a player ever has is like 18mil?...and yes you can check who is the richest player on your server...you can find out how much people have...I feel for ya man...but least you didn't lose all your gear to some random bug and get offered the hefty sum of 100k...fight the power brotha...damn the man

LTA
01-12-03, 14:30
is this stuff ever gonna be in like some revised manual so can just the RTFM response?

Cypher_Psy
01-12-03, 14:42
I think the main problem here is more the fact that there are no safeguards or documentation to tell you about the money cap.

Also the way the money cap is implemented is .... lacking.
It should *not* roll from 20 to 18 million, either the cap is 18 or 20 million, not "18 but you can have up-to 20, but go 1credit over and you lose 2 million, have a nice day"

Yet another "find out about it when it happens" feature, rather than the game being nice and saying "You cannot store more credits at this time, you have the maximum amount of money"

If there was *at least* that message displayed and the money properly capped at 18 OR 20 (not the strange way it is now).

As it is even with this "cap", people bypass this by making a clan.
So really there is no point in having a money cap AT ALL.

El_MUERkO
01-12-03, 14:47
Welcome to Neocron, if your really persistant MJS might come on, say something to the effect of 'such is life' then swan off.

In future use Stock X (thought Kuai lost millions to Stock X the other week if I'm not mistaken) or your own clan as some have suggested :)

Gave the tread 5 stars as well, might stop some other poor sod loosing all his money.

msdong
01-12-03, 14:55
Originally posted by BlackPrince
...Btw, is there any place to see official documentation on the 18m cap, ...

the magic word is Patch Notes ...