PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Changing weather/seasons

ZoneVortex
30-11-03, 21:23
I know that for now, the main thing that should be done for this game is bug fixing but I keep having ideas...

Possibly in the future would the general populus be interested in seasons (though not the same as earth's for nuclear war messes them up), and changing weather?

Weather could alter all kinds of things....

Rain makes the wastelands slippery for vehicles and reduces line of sight (LOS).

Fog in the mornings reduces LOS greatly.

Nuclear fallout 'snow' storms in the wastelands make hunting outside almost impossible unless you have incredible xray resist. (would damage you to go outside)

Nuclear fallout fireballs caused by imbalance of sun's energy to the earth's radiation would make hunting outside impossible unless you had extreme fire resist. (would damage you to go outside)

Note: Vehicles with closed roofs could bypass weather damage and allow you to hunt, as well as special suits would possibly.

Mob spawns could change according to the weather conditions to line up with them. During nuclear fallout mobs would be weird lookin or haveunique loot and so on...

Anyone have further ideas? This would be a huge project so I'm talkin after MAJOR bug fixes and after DOY (Please no DOY comments in this thread).

BlackDove
30-11-03, 21:31
sex idea

ZoneVortex
30-11-03, 22:15
Originally posted by BlackDove
sex idea

Guess that means you liked it? :p

amfest
30-11-03, 23:56
Nuclear fallout fireballs caused by imbalance of sun's energy to the earth's radiation would make hunting outside impossible unless you had extreme fire resist. (would damage you to go outside)

most likely due to the restrictions of the engine they would have some poor GM PSIs invisible shooting fireballs down and dropping firebarrel everywhere :D

ZoneVortex
30-11-03, 23:58
Originally posted by amfest
most likely due to the restrictions of the engine they would have some poor GM PSIs invisible shooting fireballs down and dropping firebarrel everywhere :D

lol whatever works

QuantumDelta
01-12-03, 00:02
Me likes
I always wanted SNOW:P

Lareolan
01-12-03, 00:03
It would be nice. However I don't see KK even considering it in a million years. :(

Marx
01-12-03, 00:19
Hey, the new map has snow on it.

Be still my heart.

Nuclear fallout fireballs

LOL

Everything about that idea seems ok... Except for that.

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 00:31
Nuclear fallout fireballs? Fuck that. Go all the way and implement all the following:

Nuclear fallout earthquakes
Nuclear fallout walls of flame moving towards you at a very high speed
Nuclear fallout bombs in your underwear
Nuclear fallout spikes being embalmed into your skull
Nuclear fallout MC5 commanders
Nuclear fallout inventory wipes
Nuclear fallout fatal runtime errors
Nuclear fallout skullfucking
Nuclear fallout Reakktor takes all your moneys and cashes

Zone's ideas are, from what I see, unachievable. But give mine five stars. For great justice.

ZoneVortex
01-12-03, 17:08
Awwww nuclear fallout fireballs gettin no love

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 17:19
Hell, I like it. In fact, I like all your ideas.

shameless bump

Marx
01-12-03, 17:31
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
Awwww nuclear fallout fireballs gettin no love

Snow makes sense, Nuclear fallout fireballs doesn't.

http://www.cybertrn.demon.co.uk/atomic/fallout.gif

Fall-out is dust that is sucked up from the ground by the explosion. It can be deadly dangerous. It rises high in the air and can be carried by the winds for hundreds of miles before falling to the ground.
The radiation from this dust is dangerous. It cannot be seen or felt. It has no smell, and it can be detected only by special instruments. Exposure to it can cause sickness and death. If the dust fell on or around your home, the radiation from it would be a danger to you and your family for many days after an explosion. Radiation can penetrate any material, but its intensity is reduced as it passes through - so the thicker and denser the material is, the better.

http://www.cybertrn.demon.co.uk/atomic/sanit1.gif

This will keep you and your family safe in case of prolonged nuclear conflict.