PDA

View Full Version : Super Mobs

Sefran
30-11-03, 19:08
Today i hunted with 4 other ppl doy bots , we attacked like a pack of 15 of them (wiht 2 tanks 2 ppu 1 hybrid) took some rezzes but damn was so fun and hard.

But the rest of the mobs is so , there should be some SUPER mobs, ones need a entire party for and something that is actually a challenge (only thing i can think of right now is mc5 (yaaaawn) and DOY bots)

For example those poison crawlers in the desert are l33t , what if they could make it like 5x - 10 x bigger and give him some super stats and some mobs he can spawn up...Just and idea but i think it would be way more fun, and enlarging some mobs and give him super stats shouldnt be hard....or a super storm bot in gaya somewhere (great stucture & place but its useless :((, kk should make something of this)

Oh well, guess il dream on...

netster
01-12-03, 12:09
atm biggest is 120/120 i think ....
even GM's (yesterday was GM-event in Viarosso3) got 127/127..
so no bigger1'S ingame i think ... hardest mc5 or doy's ? dont know...

CarniFlex
01-12-03, 14:24
im a 127/64 monster Muahaha

getting more supermobs runnign around the wastelands would be good, would make people go teaming up for mobs more often. Once you done your levelling alone, the big fun part in this game is just those team runs taking out monsters that actually could wipe you out even with a ppu. I wouldnt mind a new supermob in each corner of the map considering the best monsters are around tg corner of the world.

amfest
01-12-03, 14:58
how about some PSI centered creatures . . that can actually Heal itself with a regen type spell and such . . maybe even shielding itself . . now wouldn't that make it tough . . :D

Lecko
01-12-03, 15:02
Originally posted by amfest
how about some PSI centered creatures . . that can actually Heal itself with a regen type spell and such . . maybe even shielding itself . . now wouldn't that make it tough . . :D

Yep. This sounds good. Healing monsters. Maybe one based on the PPU (but 120/120) that you just can't kill unless theres loads of ya. :p

Kimiko
01-12-03, 15:07
War Bunkers? A friendly GM spawned one in PP on the TS last week - everyone in the vicinity instantly died.

Legoias
01-12-03, 15:09

It'd like to see a single hard ass mob (non-spawning) rather than a the 120/120 boss mobs which spawn smaller mobs. Something that requires a true group effort to kill and good AI to make the whole thing a lot more interesting.

CarniFlex
01-12-03, 15:10
war bunkers? what they look like? heard something bout big warbots but not war bunkers

amfest
01-12-03, 15:16
well Imagine maybe like the what was it mutated dog . . but a wolf .. . that was alot bigger .. .and moved very fast . .. had a bite melee attack .. . and shot a lighting shot from it's head .. and had the ability to heal itself when it suffered so much dmg ..

or a higher version swamp warrior type .. that was alot faster .. . could sheild itself and raise it's attack power .. would throw rocks that would knock you back . .and if you moved in close it would lift it's giant hammer and swing it around in a circle knocking anyone near it away with a massive melee hit . .

a huge crab that can hit you with something that drops your defenses each time it nails you with it . . . gives you negatives to random stats . . shoots something like an energy blast spell but it lands where it's shot . ..and creates an holy energy barrel effect .. . it can shelter itself .. .

(i'm really going for something that is a higher level of these low level creatures . . lol )

Legoias
01-12-03, 15:18
well Imagine maybe like the what was it mutated dog . . but a wolf .. . that was alot bigger .. .and moved very fast . .. had a bite melee attack .. . and shot a lighting shot from it's head .. and had the ability to heal itself when it suffered so much dmg ..

or a higher version swamp warrior type .. that was alot faster .. . could sheild itself and raise it's attack power .. would throw rocks that would knock you back . .and if you moved in close it would lift it's giant hammer and swing it around in a circle knocking anyone near it away with a massive melee hit . .

a huge crab that can hit you with something that drops your defenses each time it nails you with it . . . gives you negatives to random stats . . shoots something like an energy blast spell but it lands where it's shot . ..and creates an holy energy barrel effect .. . it can shelter itself .. .

(i'm really going for something that is a higher level of these low level creatures . . lol )

120/120 or even a 240/240 dragonfly O_o

I could see entire clans getting ripped apart by these things heh

Lecko
01-12-03, 15:21
....or a mob that gives you SI.... that would be soooo cool. Very difficult to fight as everyone would have to keep ducking out of the fight to heal SI. Meanwhile the monster heals....

naimex
01-12-03, 16:53
i agree with one of the before mentioned :: (the 120/120 dragonfly)

i mean seriously.. imagine a 120/120 dragonfly.. capped tanks with uber resists STILL take shitloads of dmg from just a 36/36 (or whatever) giant stinger.. imagine.. what a 120/120 mo-fo edition of it would do ^^

El_MUERkO
01-12-03, 17:00
The CRP cave queen is really hard to solo, it can be done but it takes ages.

In fact all the caves are good for team mob hunts, yeah any capped char can solo them but it'd take ages :)

Strych9
01-12-03, 17:06
With my tank on Saturn way back when I could easily solo the caves- that was because on levels like that, creatures wouldnt respawn until the cave was empty.

Make it so the respawns work like normal mob areas, and those caves will be a TAD harder. ;)

//Ring\\
01-12-03, 17:33
i was thinking more along the line of reviving those small house sized hovering bitches.. ;)

how bout a hoverbomber king or something, make it like as big as the battledome 0.o

no one can solo one wihtout cover.. imagine one that even spawns little mechbeetles with uber stats to swarm u while ur under a tower

if ur really looking for a supermob though ive had quite a few in mind since beta, let me get my list.. :P

shodanjr_gr
01-12-03, 22:36
Actually there should be a 120/120 Dragonfly mob, that spawned tons of stingers. Heck that thing should be dropping MC5s when it got killed :p . That would be THE chalenge!!!

Dribble Joy
01-12-03, 22:48
Aren't there 120 (or at least very high lvl) dragonflies in one of the caves near MC5? with a spider cacoon at the end? something like that. I heard the whole of PIMP was needed to clear that cave.

Cliffraiser
01-12-03, 23:06
^^ that was a joke you muppet :P

NeoChick
02-12-03, 03:57
Please ANYTHING but dragonflies, I absolutely hate those things, even the small ones!!!!!

A mutated kind of dragon perhaps, or giant Grim Chaser, or super worm that towers over you

or how about a giant roach? that uses energy AND fire

Surfer
02-12-03, 04:05
You know i can agree with super mobs missing....

I dont play that much now, i moved on (well its more back) to Dark age of Camelot.
A week ago i went along on a dragon raid (hehe) as we were "only" about 40 ish on the raid naturally we all died ;-)

I want that kind of mob in Neocron aswell... (well not that requires more then 40 peeps, that wouldnt be playable..)

I liked the hover mob talked about above, the super fly thing i really dont want (i have terrible memmories from beta of those..)

/Surfer

Ryuben
02-12-03, 06:34
omg a hover bomber king that spawns war bots and war bot titans

:eek: :cool: