PDA

View Full Version : Confession Time!!!!

Dont Mess
30-11-03, 03:41
ok here is where u say the bad things uve done about AND LIED ABOUT IT.....

i'll start i think the most recent 1 was wen andy constable and blade were asking 4 a high level TRUSTWORTHY researcher i knew it was MC5 parts so i researched em and then told them that hogan trade haxed me and he took em but i kept em neway lol they got pissed wen i told em it was sa parts. 1 actually broke. they eventually found out.

G.0.D.
30-11-03, 03:45
Ive sold 'object removal tools' as a GM droped item for over a million on about 10 seperate ocasions. They infact can be bought from crytons for about 2k

^_^

Dont Mess
30-11-03, 03:46
lol thats funny noobs

\\Fényx//
30-11-03, 03:51
heh well through no intention of my own, I helped this guy reroll my char, so i took his apt keys, held 7 mil cash, and his other items and stuff, and then he dissapeared, without tellin me what his new char was gonna be called, and he hasnt contacted me since . . . so yea i got a load of free shit that way lol :p

Dont Mess
30-11-03, 03:52
wat was in his apts

Rieper
30-11-03, 04:11
someone i know stole a 3 slot holy nrg barrel from a belt, and when the guy came back (we pretended the ppu didnt notice him) i told him his belt prolly fell in the wall, and asked him what it was. This was caves btw.

Kimiko
30-11-03, 04:16
I never do anything bad... I'm a good little girl.

TBH, I've done too many of these things to count :)

I think the only thing I can really remember (and am willing to tell about oO) is taking money for pokes up front, and then not poking - because I didnt poke. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

REMUS
30-11-03, 04:18
Trillian dropped a 4 slot liberator on the floor and i robbed it :D i felt really guilty at the time cuz i liked her but now i hate her so i think its great.

Trillian
30-11-03, 04:29
Originally posted by REMUS
Trillian dropped a 4 slot liberator on the floor and i robbed it :D i felt really guilty at the time cuz i liked her but now i hate her so i think its great.

So that's where that went, asshole you told me you didnt pick it up. Oh will, its not like i didnt have a 5 slot in my cab in one of my appts.

Rieper
30-11-03, 04:31
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thats great :D perfect timing remus :)

Callash
30-11-03, 04:42
I nerfed the monk 8|

*runs

Psychoninja
30-11-03, 04:47
Originally posted by Callash
I nerfed the monk 8|

*runs

*Hits Callash with Holy Lighning*
*Does 9 Dmg*

o_O

Stupid random dmg.....

Kimiko
30-11-03, 04:49
I nerfed the monk 8|

*runs

OMQ REELY??? OMQ

:rolleyes:

boone
30-11-03, 04:57
that's the wittiest comment i've seen for a long time :-DD

*hugs Callash*

REMUS
30-11-03, 05:09
Originally posted by Rieper
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thats great :D perfect timing remus :)

what can i say? im good hehe

tuxy
30-11-03, 05:49
since the anti-vehicle rocket launcher came in i have destroyed many many peoples vehicles when they are just barley out of sight and cant see me doing it

StrongSad
30-11-03, 05:54
i would pay to see that happen

lmao...

I robbed a 5 slot deflector from a belt at MB...... I heard deflectors are nearly impossible to get 5 slots with....tho I may be wrong.

KimmyG
30-11-03, 06:01
I partook in the theft of 3 3 sloted rare pistols (when this stuff waws truley rare) and other parts and misc stuff from the cold steel mercs.

When the american branch broke off from the bad banditos I stole all there money.

I looted the khans ap twice.

I have stolen near 1 million in barter fraud. Claim I could buy aps cheap and taken a large quantity of weapons and haveing a barter sell them for me.

I made a reaseacher adn swapted CS and other implant parts with wyatt earp and other trash parts.

Plus lots more cant remeber it all.

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 06:03
I nerfed the monk 8|

*runs

hahahah, :lol:

It's so funny because for some reason I feel like it's partially true. :D

Drake6k
30-11-03, 06:22
I met with about 10 fellow FA in TH to fight a PKer (wasn't one) and helped dark kill them all....

Joined TDC (now eXo) with my other account and listened to where they were leveling... then got on Jack Drake and killed them all. Got 12 in a day once ;)

Lenard
30-11-03, 06:41
I gained the trust of some dude and basically conned him out of 20 + million credits worth of stuff. Robbed the clan fund too. I am teh uber con-man.

Psychoninja
30-11-03, 06:43
Bleh Lenard, I did that on a alt acct of mine, not for as much though :(

They'll never know who I was considering I delted the char =D

Lanigav
30-11-03, 07:26
Originally posted by Lenard
I gained the trust of some dude and basically conned him out of 20 + million credits worth of stuff. Robbed the clan fund too. I am teh uber con-man.

That's horrible. :(

Anyways, worst thing I ever did was pick my nose while logging in. :p

Sundiver
30-11-03, 07:28
I got 2 things that are haunting me..

1. Guy asked me to keep his stuff while he rerolled. Couple high TL spells and a mill. I waited, he didn't come back. I was now a rich man with good spells to BP and sell. The mill went to a TL 150 tool.. worst part of this story is, his name went off my direct, and I forgot what it was, honestly.

2. While I was researching and repairing some stuff for peeps in Plaza 1, somebody left a monk PA in my inventory, and I still have absolutely no clue who it was. TL 110 thingie. Sold it at YO's after trying to find the owner.

I feel bad about it, anyways.

Spoon
30-11-03, 07:31
A few years ago I had an affair with the girl upstairs...
I couldn't help it, she had world class breasts and an ass that would quit......
She had only been married a month, at the time......
I think I got her pregant too, they moved away shortly after.....:o

Oh, we're talking about ingame stuff.......

I found a bug in the Locked GR system, that lets me GR to certain OP's....
I ninja looted an all artifact 3 slotted rare, from a belt a Hacker was hacking......

I've never stole money or conned anybody out of anything ingame, tho....
It's not my idea of fun......

@Callash
Just what do you mean by "Nerfed the Monk"?.....:wtf:

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 07:32
Well I haven't done anything that i'm ashamed of or lied about in Neocron.

Me>:angel:

2ply
30-11-03, 07:34
Originally posted by Drake6k
I met with about 10 fellow FA in TH to fight a PKer (wasn't one) and helped dark kill them all....

Joined TDC (now eXo) with my other account and listened to where they were leveling... then got on Jack Drake and killed them all. Got 12 in a day once ;)

tdc is tangent inc again. :P

anywho, back on topic..

stole alot of money from claiming to be a barter

rezz killed some dude and got a 3 slot libby(why it wasnt in slot1 is beyond me...)

researcher and swapping of parts for good stuff

uhm, some more stuff too... :/

SovKhan
30-11-03, 07:36
Originally posted by 2ply
tdc is tangent inc again. :P

anywho, back on topic..

stole alot of money from claiming to be a barter

rezz killed some dude and got a 3 slot libby(why it wasnt in slot1 is beyond me...)

researcher and swapping of parts for good stuff

uhm, some more stuff too... :/

note to self do not trust 2ply.

|R@zor|
30-11-03, 07:46
i think the only thing i have done is join a crahn clan with my monk and stay long enough to get a Holy Lightning and Fire Apocalypse then leave.

Oh i've also hacked a low SL belt in plaza 1 and looted a FA while the owner was by the gr, he could'nt come and get it as the copbots would kill him, he was an enemy faction so i did'nt care.

Psychoninja
30-11-03, 08:33
One day me and <InserGreekSignHere>Hex :rolleyes: Followed a spy into his apt, killed him and hacked his belt. Came around trying to warn people we were 'jumping' people in their apts but yelled it out in local instead of zone, we were the only ones in local.

Ormy
30-11-03, 08:34
One clan was really pissing me off just after the start of retail (wont say who it is) so i made a point of conning them and annoying them as much as I could for like a week. I stole an entire set of CS parts, lots of cash in barter fraud, and used to delight in sniping them from as far away as possible with a Pain Easer, without even checking what rank they were. I hope i didnt hit too many noobs lol.

Then i convinced an RL friend who was in the clan a month or so later to steal half the content of all the cabs in the clan apt when he left, we made about 3 mill each hehe.

Psycho Killa
30-11-03, 08:40
Mid retail I was friendly with several members of a clan that i had been part of in beta. They told me of a person who stole everything in there clan cabs (millions upon millions of stuff) and i agreed to kos him.

Low and behold a few days later who do i see but the same person they told me about and guess what he was looking for a barter :D. So naturaly i told him i was a barter and when it was said and done i had myself a nice tl 100 construct tool and a 1.5 mil. Not exactly the millions upon millions he stole but payback none the less.

Omnituens
30-11-03, 11:09
I nerfed the monk 8|

*runs

BASTARD!!!!! (j/k) :p

Spectra260
30-11-03, 12:09
uhhhhhhhhhhh

i would go to MB and hide on the ledge and snipe allied people at the launcher bunker with my HL and they never knew it was me

sometimes a couple would ask if it was me and i would just say

"nah man im allied with you why would i do that"

:rolleyes:

Matthew.v.smith
30-11-03, 12:32
Lol.

Welllll i once sold a 5 slot blade of ceres for 500k and the person gave me his max money which was 750k by accident

i felt so guilty i gave it back :P

I'm not even gonna mention what happened in TT lol.

According to Shukin i waste no0bs but since TT like to attack TH i thing thats not such a bad thing.

and well i got my scammed yesterday but with some persuasion got what i lost back.

Matty.
:angel:

Psychoninja
30-11-03, 12:40
Bleh, someone get Mike in here, I'm sure he has some interesting ones :p

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 12:53
Actually wait, there is something I did that TECHNICALLY wasn't wrong but I felt bad about. When KK released the new rare barrels on retail, the parts were going for like 300-500k. hehe

So some n00b managed to get a hold of 3 parts. And he said "I don't know anything about selling rares, LOL. I'll give you all 3 for 50k. How's that sound? Is that ok?"

And I said "hrmmm, ok ok I guess" trying to make it seem like it was alright.

Grrr, that's the only thing I feel guilty about to this day. :p

FireST@R
30-11-03, 12:58
not sure if people are telling the truth or just joking round. But I cant believe some of the shit people would do ingame. I bet if anyone did that shit to you, you would be like all mad and stuff. I don't blame KK for not trusting people when they write to helpdesk, when ever their accounts gets screwed.

And I am not talking about EVERYONE in the game. Believe it or not. There are some honest people playing the game.

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 13:05
Originally posted by FireST@R
not sure if people are telling the truth or just joking round. But I cant believe some of the shit people would do ingame. I bet if anyone did that shit to you, you would be like all mad and stuff. I don't blame KK for not trusting people when they write to helpdesk, when ever their accounts gets screwed.

And I am not talking about EVERYONE in the game. Believe it or not. There are some honest people playing the game.

I totally agree man. Some of the stuff that people have admitted to in this thread is disturbing. :(

RuButt
30-11-03, 13:09

and i know alot of 'em :p

anyway...

when i was in 101st, i threw out alot of their cst parts...and stole some implants....before i quit...

but i think some1 came back and put the parts back in though =/

hmm...oh!

i once rezzkilled a tank with red soullight.....then i made him think that it was somebody else, and i would help him get his stuff back....so he reequipped....and i rezzkilled him again.
This was in PP btw, and he logged his PE...still didnt get it that i was the dude killing him....so he started pking ppl in PP.....so his PE got red SL to....so we rezzkilled his alt...haahah....why didnt he just respawn!?

err...

oh!

andy c died with red SL in my appie.....and me and itth rezzkilled him for fun....but then we gave it back....gaah

and one time....during an op war....i was the last man standing......i used an bug to get out of there! :o ....but tbh i didnt know of the bug......i was just like running around....and then i jumped through the wall =/ .....but i didnt wanna play fair and go back.....just to die....so i ran like hell =)

oh....and i once threw a holy pest in aggie cellars....and the only ones in there......was in my team.....and there where 9 newbies! :o - dont ask why i was in a newbie team ;)

i think i stole itths BQ arm once.....dunno though

oh, and i once lied to a GM :o (worst thing i have ever done!! :p)

EDIT:

worst stuff ever happend to me:

i got kicked from 101st for invalid reasons!....that made me angry!! :p .....and then i even begged them for me to come back.....man.....i hate myself for begging like that!

err...some1 stole my PP chip!

ive been pushed from P1/P3 into PP1, then rezzkilled while afk....like 4 times

there is some more stuff.....but i dun wanna talk about 'em :p

REMUS
30-11-03, 13:11
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I totally agree man. Some of the stuff that people have admitted to in this thread is disturbing. :(

disterbing...... its role play you can do things in this game that you would of obviously not do in real life, for instance you cant kill some one and hope they will pop out of some GR in the next err.... county LOL!!!!!

im not ashamed of what i did even trillian doesnt particually care, and even if she did i wouldnt becuase although i take a moralistic approch to a game, if i see trillian anywhere outside of fight night shes kos...

just role with it, its just a bit of fun.

Jaenus
30-11-03, 13:12
I'm just too damned nice to do any of this stuff. I've had to forcefully give people more money at times just because they don't know what something is worth ;)

I was asked once "Why do you have you're LE in at rank **/60?".
The answer is simply "So I don't have to kill some dumbass in self defence and feel bad about it" :p Plus it cuts back on the amount of abuse I get.

The only really bad thing I've done, which Narf doesn't know about yet heh, is I re-re-rolled my Pluto char. Thing is I accidently took out my second apt in the process which contained various level 3 imps and rare parts of his :D

Damn he's going to kill me...

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 13:18
disterbing...... its role play you can do things in this game that you would of obviously not do in real life, for instance you cant kill some one and hope they will pop out of some GR in the next err.... county LOL!!!!!

I disagree, 99% of these acts weren't committed in the name of role play. Let's be honest. ;)

Besides, I do believe people's attitudes in real life and in a mmorpg are connected.

Psychoninja
30-11-03, 13:22
Besides, I do believe people's attitudes in real life and in a mmorpg are connected.

I swear I don't know where the bodies the in the basement came from :confused:

Rade
30-11-03, 13:32
Cant think of anything :/ Im also one of those people who tell
noobs what things are actually worth if they try to sell stuff to me
too cheap... I guess the worst thing Ive ever done was looting
peoples stuff... but I usually give it back if I dont hate their gu´ts.
Bah Im such a carebear.

CarniFlex
30-11-03, 13:35
Once paid a FA 50k to kill another tangent runner in mb, and actually paid the FA the 50k.

SorkZmok
30-11-03, 13:36
I'm a fluffy carebear. Never stole shit, never fucked ppl up, never looted apts, never swapped rareparts or multislotted stuff. PKed some noobs once in my life and felt really bad afterwards.
And i only insult ppl on trade-nc when i'm drunk. o_O

I AM TEH NICE!!!11 :D

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 13:37
Originally posted by Rade
Cant think of anything :/

*ahem*

*cough*

:p

Sanch0s
30-11-03, 13:39
I regret not having Pked enough, and i regret not getting my tank uber so I could have pked more ppl at crp them times.

Rade
30-11-03, 13:41
Oh yeah, I once got 50k for giving SD some synaptic impairment, big deal :rolleyes: :D

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 13:42
Oh yeah, I once got 50k for giving SD some synaptic impairment, big deal :rolleyes: :D

*cough*

one more detail

*cough*

superfresh
30-11-03, 13:43
Sniped a ton of runners. 'bout an hour ago. First time I ever pk'd without justification.

REMUS
30-11-03, 13:45
I disagree, 99% of these acts weren't committed in the name of role play. Let's be honest. ;)

depends on the person 99% is an over exaggeration, although rebutt is pretty damn evil :rolleyes: i think mostly these are one offs, ive never stolen anything appart from that lib, and even then in a crowed pp1 where i am an enemy faction to her, why not?

ive re-taken up the art of random ganking of redness :p

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 13:48
depends on the person 99% is an over exaggeration, although rebutt is pretty damn evil :rolleyes: i think mostly these are one offs, ive never stolen anything appart from that lib, and even then in a crowed pp1 where i am an enemy faction to her, why not?

Well I wasn't really referring to what you did, I don't consider that too big. I meant stuff like cleaning out clan apts or screwing someone of 10+ million. Etc..............

Rith
30-11-03, 13:50
Originally posted by RuButt
when i was in 101st, i threw out alot of their cst parts...and stole some implants....before i quit...

but i think some1 came back and put the parts back in though =/
i got kicked from 101st for invalid reasons!....that made me angry!! :p .....and then i even begged them for me to come back.....man.....i hate myself for begging like that!

gotta love the irony there... plus that crystal ball came in handy a lot of times

REMUS
30-11-03, 13:52
Well I wasn't really referring to what you did, I don't consider that too big. I meant stuff like cleaning out clan apts or screwing someone of 10+ million. Etc..............

well yeah i can accept your judgement on that cleaning out a clan appt full of gear you havnt helped accumalate is pretty unforgiveable and if i knew someone had done that *cough* sweet leaf : ) *cough* i wouldnt want them in my clan.

RuButt
30-11-03, 13:58
Originally posted by Rith
that crystal ball came in handy a lot of times

huh?

what?

http://photopile.com/photos/adfgadgh/auctions/66928.jpg

how did u know about it?!

EDIT: yes, im nude.

EDIT: oh, but rith, u where the one that gred back to appie when i said i was gonna loot it :p

Rade
30-11-03, 13:58
*cough*

one more detail

*cough*

o_O You lost me there...

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 14:00
o_O You lost me there...

I was a mid level weak spy who didn't stand a chance. *COUGH* *CHOKE*

@Rubutt............O_o

Rade
30-11-03, 14:02
Wait wait wait! Im a bad person! Its not from Neocron but ok; I
used to play Diablo II and after a while I got bored and worked
out this con with which I managed to get about 10 different
peoples accounts. Just took the expensive equipment then
turned their passwords back to what they had before tho... haha.
Im not a carebear *does a little dance*

**edit: Then again I quit playing d2 about two weeks later and I
felt bad about it so I gave the account to diabloII.se (swedish d2
site) together with a mail explaining the con, they posted it on
the frontpage so everyone knew how to avoid falling for it and
then they arranged a drop where they gave all the items to
random swedish players. feck. Still carebear.

dr.fish
30-11-03, 14:02
i just had a barter mistype money once, gave me 10 mil instead of one mil.

i cant figure out how he didnt notice it tho :wtf: must have been very rich.

that's about all.

that and kiling all my clan when they are doing meetings in clan app and are teamed with me :p
i wait outside with ppu ( and my apu ) we ask for team, and storm the clan app, lots of fun

Lenard
30-11-03, 14:15
that was me fish :( it was on purpose tho cuz i have like 100million er i mean i did, er i mean i dont have any money, er i mean...

hey look an eagle!

*looks around*

Dont Mess
30-11-03, 15:02
im confessing for sanchos here he not saying but 1ce he was in a cave team on his spy and then the tank kept shooting in his was with his aoe then sanchos died a few times so the tank got red sl and sanchos killed the tank and looted a moonstriker and doombeamer. lol.

CALLASH U BITCH lol

GET MIKE ON THIS THREAD as he would was ITS GOTTA BE A HAX

Scikar
30-11-03, 15:50
I made a researcher spy, figured I would spend all my time in Plaza researching tech parts and swapping them for melee parts, I felt guilty though so I lommed some research out so that I only have enough at labs, so all I do is res tech parts for clannies.

I've not killed too many newbs, but I do tend to feel guilty after doing it. Killed two people 3 times each while raiding MB stripped totally of imps and armor, just using a SpeedGun, wondered why they kept coming back.

Today on my /26 pistol PE killed a /26 HC tank and felt kinda guilty about that too, he spent the whole time running from zone to zone trying to get away, took me ages to kill him.

Oh and I wiped out a 5 man SXR squad who were trying to hack Gabanium Mine, solo on my rifle PE. Does that count? :D

Half the problem with tradeskill conning is who you con I suppose. If I could only advertise to high level players then I would, unfortunately the majority of people who fall for cons are, I would expect, fairly new, and might not realise it's not the end of the world, and quit.

Sanch0s
30-11-03, 16:00
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - harassment ]

Dont Mess
30-11-03, 16:27
ok its true it wasnt 1 mill it was only 750k that includes tip lol for a cst 150 tool. my spy is a trustworthy barter now lol his a new man.

ezza
30-11-03, 17:16
some of the shit coming up in this thread makes me glad i have 2 accounts and iam able to research and construct everything without having to go to you theiving bastards

on a un related note, i loot everybelt i see on my PE, some reason beyond me people seem to have a issue with it

shodanjr_gr
30-11-03, 17:19
I nerfed the monk 8|

*runs

Worst of all, u nerfed teh hybrid!!!OMG KOS 111!!1one!!

shodanjr_gr
30-11-03, 17:33

People get coned and robeb in real life all the time. Whats wrong with it happening in an RPG GAME ???

Dont Mess
30-11-03, 17:36
pple chat soo much bull shit lol tellin me that they have bn playing this game innocently thats crap yr telling me if u didnt see a 5 slot cs on the floor u wouldnt pick it up or some1 accedently gave u 10mill insted of 1 u wouldnt take it thats crap weve all done summin bad

Darkborg
30-11-03, 19:52
That entirely depends on who were talking about.

I have had quite a few valuables in my hand from clannies and freinds.

heck i remember in the very beginning of retail where we just ahd our first marine together. we put in the clan cab so everyone could have a look at it. before we gave it to the designated tank. Funny thing was noone stole it.

Marx
30-11-03, 20:00
Half the problem with tradeskill conning is who you con I suppose. If I could only advertise to high level players then I would, unfortunately the majority of people who fall for cons are, I would expect, fairly new, and might not realise it's not the end of the world, and quit.

True that.

Conning people is a bitch - because unless you plan on deleting your tradeskill dude and try again, or do skilling only for yourself (which truly defeats the idea of making him/her imo)... Then you just shot yourself in the foot with an elephant gun.

No one will take you seriously, people will hate you. Eventually people will find out your alts and hate them too.

People are touchy about their shit, and I'd rather stand in good graces than bad.

Menolak
30-11-03, 20:21
I nerfed the monk
OMG!!! LMAO
You have ..you dont have 3 seconde to hide... :)

worst thing i did. With my hacker 150 i hack warbot of noob while they where trying to hack them..but since my skill was so high i was faster so they never noice the hack.. took the rarepart in but left every thing else so it always look like i did'nt hack They ask me if i was hacking and i said "no im just waiting for the junk to recycle" :) did that often while just passing by.

Snipe other peoples form my faction because i thought they are shithead.. telling them after " no im triyng to find the sniper too with my commando. (which as 5 slot and silencer :) )

Someone in my faction use Tyron Factory to build stuff. But since i was doing like sometime hundred try at a time i use to put stuff in the box by the goguardian. So i stole those all the times and went to sell them, most of them had slot. ieven went right under his nose using stealth :)

stole c10 in my clan apart to go sell them :) That i felt really bad though.

and finally i chain killed a BD (im FA on venus) lvl 5 (need 5 dext and intel to cap)like 30 time in PP medicare. the poor guys kept GRing there. I even try after the 10 time to stop but the guys give me a punch whit is fist...so i keep killing him till i ran out of ammo. :) My friend hack is belt too :) it was is weapon. thats the thing i felt the worst afterward.

QuantumDelta
30-11-03, 20:34
Not a lot I can think of in Neocron.

FS2 However ...well the "nicest" example of "bad stuff" would be when me'n'BD rounded up "teh leet playars" and said "okay, newbs, if you really think you're so great, 4v2 us, we'll see what happens." final score - 2 - 64 :p

Whoops...
We pwned just about everyone. Religiously so, infact...

People came to our games in the end, played a few rounds and quit half way through because they realised they didn't stand a chance.

A few of the "ubar vet" people quit, simply because they were so embarrised people who had previously been noobs were completely untouchable to them.

*Shrug*

greploco
01-12-03, 01:14
I've observed two, no _three_ full on massive cabinit thefts. horrendously damaging to clans.

the one on pluto - among the things that the guy took were 3 copbot plasma rifles

the one on saturn - remember that long time when level 3 imps never dropped? well this guy got away with about 20 level 3 imps plus a bunch of wepons and some rare parts - tons of stuff. the worst part is that we never found out who it was. the saving grace for me at the time is that I was new to the clan and didn't have the apt password. thank the lord for small blessings I guess.

and the last on saturn - happend to a PK clan, it was kind of funny because basicly it was full of the best rare wepons they had looted from people they killed. I won't name names, but I think people can figure it out, was the most famous PK clan on saturn a long time ago.

me ?

the worst I've done is research rare parts for people and switch the parts. but in my defense, most of the time I would give them stuff they were looking for. if they said they needed melee parts I'd give them my melee stuff. HC stuff, give them HC stuff. etc. I don't do that anymore though, it's lame.

and the worst thing I've ever seen ?

oh yeah --- one time on jupiter I saw a bunch of people killing this tank who had just flipped negative SL from fooling around in pepper park. they started ressing him and I guess he figured, cool it's all in good fun. then they started killing him again and ressing him after he recovered his backpack. I don't think he realized that these people were real lowlifes and that he had flipped neg SL. On top of that --- some guy was running around and hacking his belts and leaving them open. They didn't want his stuff ---- they wanted to scatter it to the wind so the guy would never ever ever recover. I was so pissed off by this that I managed to collect his rare weps, he lost most everthign else and managed to get them back to him through email. you never saw a guy more grateful in your life.

-FN-
01-12-03, 01:32
OMG so one time, I got all my clanmates to trust me with their logins...

then get this, I STOLE ALL THEIR STUFF AND REROLLED THEIR CHARS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!eleven

And then I told them it was this hacker and that all the stuff was gone but I actually threw all their stuff down the Gaya Mine Shaft.

*sigh* ok that's not funny but at least I'm trying to be good humored about it now instead of yelling, right?

:( *cries*

SamuraiPizzaCat
01-12-03, 01:38
i followed a neg SL person to his own apt and killed him with soul cluster :p

i used para barrel a few times to find ahem.. stealthers around LE people.. ahem

i peekared teh FA nubs @ TH with vet a few times :\

and i killed some next PE @ TT HQ when i went to sell DoY junk, she was there to get anti rad suit

Rade = karebare

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-12-03, 04:33
evil evil people. I honestly never screwed a friend in neocron or real life. And I never robbed even an enemy in neocron, unless I killed them and hacked their belt, but that's fair play.

Peeping Tom
01-12-03, 07:03
very loong time ago.. i killed Rade when he was stuck inn synch..
he dropped his Judge and we re sold it to him for 250k or something :P
damn dats ages ago :P
K4F

Marx
01-12-03, 07:07
I mastubate thrice daily to the anime posters in the pepper pub.

NeoChick
01-12-03, 07:24
I think it is a bit disheartening that there are so many people who think it is really funny how they screwed their friends

I must say that I have never and will never cheat a friend, and I don't cheat others either, I would not feel right about it
I don't even hack belts, any belts, be it enemy or not, it would be to me like snooping in somebody's personal underwear draw

t0rqu3
01-12-03, 07:29
Originally posted by KimmyG
I partook in the theft of 3 3 sloted rare pistols (when this stuff waws truley rare) and other parts and misc stuff from the cold steel mercs.

When the american branch broke off from the bad banditos I stole all there money.

I looted the khans ap twice.

I have stolen near 1 million in barter fraud. Claim I could buy aps cheap and taken a large quantity of weapons and haveing a barter sell them for me.

I made a reaseacher adn swapted CS and other implant parts with wyatt earp and other trash parts.

Plus lots more cant remeber it all.

[edited for violation of the forum rules - homophobic]

You losers in BX or whatever, everything CRC did, you said was gay, and ended up doing basically everything we did... only like a month late, rofl.

Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
People get coned and robeb in real life all the time. Whats wrong with it happening in an RPG GAME ???
Yeah except in real life, there's no such thing as safe zones, or anything like that. There's no such thing as quickbelts, there's perma-death, you can fuck with a person's family in real life...

In Neocron you can cost someone 7 minutes and some implant quality-loss. Wow

Shadow Dancer
01-12-03, 07:38
Torque you can get insta 3 day ban for homophobic flames. You should edit your post.

I'm not trying to be a mod, just letting you know what the deal is.

t0rqu3
01-12-03, 09:00
ONOS I CANNOT EDIT AFTER 90 MINUTES~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trigger hurt
01-12-03, 09:00
some ca guy was pk'ing newbs in aggie cellars and got bright red sl. he came out and got ganked by copbots.

he dropped a belt of course.

While 3 people were standing there hacking the belt, I teamed the guy and took the belt.

3 slot artifact liberator was one of the many things in the belt. While he's dm'ing me about how much my mother hates me, I am selling his liberator for 500 NC.

Hippieman
01-12-03, 09:25
Some of this stuff really cracks me up. 'Specially the 500 nc 3 slot liberator. I think the worse thing I did was, well it aint bad compared to others but I stole a 1 slotted nova modded EPR.

Oh yea FN we still gotta do the trade. Get your ass in game.

Archeus
01-12-03, 09:34

Yea I can't believe some of the crap posted (well actually I can from some of them). Ironically some of the people posting are also people who expressed being a GM on an eariler thread.

You also have people admitting to hacking accounts? wtf? o_O

LVirus
01-12-03, 09:35
Only thing I have done ingame is to steal rares from belts in caves .. I know, It's lowest of all lowest but I cannot resist myself if there is rare in belt. No people should keep 2 rares in caves while hunting .. its absurd. Teaches 'em.

Beside, stupid people don't deserve their cash or stuff.

Apart from belt stealing, I have commitent most baddest crime you can ever do in NC .. found exploit and reported it :wtf:

Now I know people will PK me for this :eek: 8|

Varaem
01-12-03, 09:52
Um... I found like 3 exploits... and reported them. That count?

Let me think, they were...
1) the way to get dildos of maven
2) infinite money using stock x
3) infinite skill points exploit using one of the old LoM systems

Yeah, they were all fixed so it doesn't matter now.

tuxy
01-12-03, 09:57
i found a "special way" of getting the pass to new dawns clan hq even though only the top 4 highest ranked members knew the pass
it realy pissed them off they had some rares in the cabs and they were in such a desperate hurry to move them,, i had some new dawn directing me for the pass i think they wanted to loot the cabs :(

TheEnemy
01-12-03, 11:07
Ohhh.. I reported the swamp caves exploit like 12 months ago that made you protected from poison and able to level easy :(

I also blew up about 13 vehicles at a GM event at point red once, because everyone drove there and dumped their cars in a nice and convenient place where I could blow them up :)

Elric
01-12-03, 11:28
Originally posted by TheEnemy
Ohhh.. I reported the swamp caves exploit like 12 months ago that made you protected from poison and able to level easy :(

THAT WAS YOU!! Damn you....

Took them ages to get that fixed too.
[edit]

Not done anything evil except gank a few people that were levelling around Cycrow and in Caves back in the TA days. Didnt even loot theyre belts after it.... and they were hostile factions too... and we had said we would do it in advance to any hostile factions we encountered in that area... so that doesnt count...

dammit... I havent done anything nasty to anyone ingame...

TheEnemy
01-12-03, 11:44
I was capped on my character at the time when I reported it too ;)

Rade
01-12-03, 12:29

Yepp, you were the only one who knew about and the reported
that exploit :rolleyes:

Elric
01-12-03, 12:59
Yepp, you were the only one who knew about and the reported
that exploit :rolleyes:

well... he's the only one that admits to reporting it so far. LOTS of people knew about it tho ;) And people wondered why we (Maas-Neotek) defended Gravis uplink with such ferocity :)

Typical that he waited till capped tho.. sneaky buggr.
I never reported it myself, aAlothough taht was on the grounds taht a clan mate of mine had.

(This was SUCH a long time ago... Must have been on my old old old rerolled Rifle Spy... either that or the Tank before that)

xkorpio
01-12-03, 13:20
I know a guy called.... err.... uh... oh... lets say.... Mr MJS...

He said "DoY will come in Aprin 2003" :lol:

I know he repent being so specific

Rade
01-12-03, 13:40
@elric: heh, I reported it.

Elric
01-12-03, 13:42
well grrrr to you too :p

Id guessed that from your :rolleyes: emote in the last post :)

TheEnemy
01-12-03, 13:52
Swamp caves was THE place to level for anyone who could cast a basic resist booster module because it meant no poisoning. Many people used it unknowingly in fact, took me a while to realize the reason I didn't get poison was the buff. But being the responsible Neocron citizen I am I eventually filed a bugtracker report so as to prevent further exploits by some less reputable citizens. :D

Oh, and I got money spawned to me by a GM once, a long time ago :p

El_MUERkO
01-12-03, 13:55
I'm a saint, I've never done anything to people I thought didnt earn it :)

The most fun I had was hacking PKrs belts for Dishonest at MB, got so many rares it was silly and he'd always share :)

RuButt
01-12-03, 14:36
i reported the bug where u could get assloads of money while doing the CM epic!

Or actually itth was the one reporting it....but i found it of us 2 ;)

and no! we did not use it! :angel:

Wrathwind
01-12-03, 15:37
Bleagh, I've never done anything that I'd feel guilty about and I'm not planning to. Frankly, I'm disgusted with some of the people here that are totally untrustworthy bastards. Yes, it's a game, but you're not roleplaying, you're just greedy assholes that only care about yourselves and your own gain. Also known as 'Munchkins' in traditional roleplaying games..

Yeah, I'm a carebear, and I play one as a character too (FA). I'm a combat char, but I try to fight honorably and not kill newbies, or KoS whole factions or shit like that. Oh, maybe I'll try to slip in a TL3 heal or such on a PPU, but that's the only way you can even touch one wihout an APU..

Finally, as a lot of people will probably jump on this in the name of "Dark Cyberpunk game" and all; I've no problem with people who truly play their role as a true ingame bastard that cannot be trusted. Too bad those are a precious few, most are just spineless grubby little bastards that might appear to play nice but then rob and backstab you when the opportunity rises. Oh, and then complain and whine if they themselves get the same treatment from their peers..

Hagbart
01-12-03, 16:44
IMHO pretending to be a barter and stealing some millions from someone, or swapping parts when researching is comparable to stealing in real life. You guys con and steal from people in real life too?

trigger hurt
01-12-03, 17:12
It's no where near real-life...don't compare the two.

And despite what it's turning into, this game started as cyber-punk, post apocolypse...dont you think someone is going to steal from you in a place like that?

I'm guessing from the two previous posts that you guys have been scammed.

james_finn
01-12-03, 17:15
OK,

well I was part of this scam, three of us who were in a uber leet clan (I wont mention the name, altho if you were on Pluto at the time you would no about it), we had well over 100 members. Well the three of us were getting fed up of the clan and the way it had gone down the toilet, so we promoted one of the lower members where he could access the cash and then we took all of it, about 7 mil.

We also wiped out the clan app, inc. 7 rare weapons and also lots of PA etc. Then we all left, and as a bug (I hope its been fixed since) the name for the money removal disapeared coz we left, and therefore they were left with no cash and alsomst folded.

As a nice ppu I went back and gave 500k to keep them afloat, but the <unamed> clan even asked GM's to find out who it was that took the money as they believed that they had been hacked.

..... The only problem then was that we were on a lot of KoS lists, and had a bounty of 400k from the clan I believe for evry single dogtag people took of us to them. Made NC interesting for a week or so!

Delphi

J. Folsom
01-12-03, 17:20
Worst thing I've ever done was making someone waste about 2 hours time searching for something non-existant. Which isn't all that bad, comparitively speaking.

Edit: Though, now I think about it, I wasted 2 hours myself convincing him that it existed in the first place, so I guess it balances out.

Wrathwind
01-12-03, 17:23
Actually, I've never been scammed in this game, I'm paranoid and always watch out, never trusting people. That's how you should be in a post-nuclear cyberpunk world. But what bothers me is the OOC scamming and stealing. Abusing game mechanics, if you like. Kind of like asking to be teamed and then ganking your teammates in the back and taking their stuff without needing to hack or losing SL. That's just game mechanics abuse IMO. Or having an alt as a spy for another faction on their channel, and even when discovered, act like an ass on the channel taunting them, knowing that there's nothing they can do.

And nope, I've never been a victim of those either, but I've seen it happen. And I don't like it. Like I said before, be a pkiller and a immoral bastard ingame if you want to, but do it with style.

ajm
01-12-03, 17:33
Originally posted by Rieper
someone i know stole a 3 slot holy nrg barrel from a belt, and when the guy came back (we pretended the ppu didnt notice him) i told him his belt prolly fell in the wall, and asked him what it was. This was caves btw.

You sad, sad boy.

Yrl (had to replace his barrel)

SnotNosedBrat
01-12-03, 17:46
worst thing ive done is pushed a roughryder tank standing afk in plaza1 over to the cityadmin hq

we proceeded to rezz him while the guards shot him and hack his belts

then to rub it in i tossed fizzy pop around his corpse

he only dropped his crappy tank spells (they weren't even slotted) and his armor so it wasn't an irreplaceable loss

oh, we also had a spy in FA get the clan apt pass for one of the clans and proceeded to kill everyone in the clan apt repeatedly

and im not too nice to a certain barterer who likes to sit in techhaven late at night :O

Sanch0s
01-12-03, 18:22
Ruff ryders or 12,12 are complete shit, the bastards kicked a KOSed me :eek: :eek:

fatwreck
01-12-03, 18:31
i convinced a drunk friend to team, kill, and loot everyones belt at bunker... about 15 people

MayhemMike
01-12-03, 18:44
i have never scammed anyone :O

Jaenus
01-12-03, 18:48
Originally posted by MayhemMike
No but you, and other crackheads, did run into fight night at the City Bank teaming with people. Then proceed to kill them and steal their stuff :rolleyes:

It's ok though. You only got my shop bought Fire Beam :p

MayhemMike
01-12-03, 18:56
Lies i tell you! lies!

Strych9
01-12-03, 18:58
I dont buy the argument that "this is a game, so its okay. Its not like this is real life."

In real life you can take precautions to avoid harm. In neocron, you are limited to the game mechanics, and if you scam someone via game mechanics limitations, its wrong.

If we had real life rare part researching, I am sure we would find a way to mark our own parts so researchers couldnt swap them out with other ones, for example.

Ascension
01-12-03, 19:03
HMm.. some guy once dropped a 4 slotted SH in plaza 1- DONT ASK ME WHY? but i mananged to swipe it and walked a way whistling, with him screaming "OMG MY SH WTF? WHERE IS IT"

I once to a TRIP to FF clan apt.. And had a chat with a few of the members... Only prob is that the clan apt is a safe zone :wtf: Then I FRE'd outside the apt doors so i wasnt that busy so tabbed my auto run key facing the door.

Meaning as soon as the door was open i would be in.. managed to get in again..

Some one once robbed BRTF of 33 Mil and emptied the clan apt..
We still have our suspitions today..

Oh and the clan apt just got robbed of all of its BP's but thats not 2 bad:( is it?:mad:

ezza
01-12-03, 19:05
i once dropped my proto resister in packed MB genrep room, lucky that i was able to swipe it back before someone was able to take it, damn lag made me drop it:mad:

Jest
01-12-03, 19:24
Haha nice thread. Lemme see if I can think of something. Lets see, one good one was when at NDAs Race Night and after a fellow clan mate (Nexx) attacked some NDA on his way out, they ended up chasing me, Mini, and another member out and we killed like 3 on the way, and we rez killed another twice. haha. I'm actually not too proud of that one though since I know how much it sucks to have an event ruined. (Even though we did it after the event was over).

Hmmm back in the early days of me being FA, some fellow FA lost his Marine chip and I hacked it from his belt and gave it to another clan member and lied about having it. :lol: I'm not too proud of that one either.

And my researcher is honest these days, but in my very early days of playing Neocron I would keep like 10 parts in my inventory and when some one asked me to id rares I would swap them for ones I needed. Hehe. Because of this I am paranoid that all researchers are dirty crooks and I don't even trust the most honest of players to id my rares, which is why I have a researcher char. ;)

And Ive definitely had my fair share of pushing people in Pepper Park or ProtoPharma HQ and killing them. Mayhem Mike was my favorite one of those. haha.

There are plenty more where that came from but I actually consider myself a pretty trust worthy person. If my worst enemy asked me to hold his stuff while he rerolled for example I wouldnt rip him off. I try and act as a player for the side of "good," it just doesn't always end up that way. :angel:

Psycho Killa
01-12-03, 19:39
Originally posted by Hagbart
IMHO pretending to be a barter and stealing some millions from someone, or swapping parts when researching is comparable to stealing in real life. You guys con and steal from people in real life too?

Haha come on now its a game. A scary dark cyberpunk game where everyone is out to get eachother. I myself have only done anything like this once and it was to a well deserving person. Though this is what you should expect when you play.

If you do get ripped off in this game its your own fault. Just like in real life if you go to buy a car you dont walk up to some dude on the street and hand him cash to go grab one for you. You do a little research see who is reputable and will give u a good deal. If you run to the first person who says they barter and have been saving for months for an apartment well its your own damn fault for not being careful. (If you can save for a long time I think you can check up on some barters in that length of time)

Dont Mess
01-12-03, 20:56
Originally posted by MayhemMike

ROFL o yeh wat about the time wen u said yr selling yr DS for like 30mill, the guy gave u like 15mill and u just logged off.

Rade
01-12-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Dont Mess
ROFL o yeh wat about the time wen u said yr selling yr DS for like 30mill, the guy gave u like 15mill and u just logged off.

Oh I didnt even have to bring it up. The guy was a friend of mine.
The Gang member. Its not a coincidence that I hate Mikes guts.

TheEnemy
02-12-03, 15:28
MayhemMike scams people all the time. A word of warning to all runners to beware of the sneaky fucker, do not trust him ever, he is quite happy to exploit the game mechanics and steal your money/items.

deac
02-12-03, 15:55
Originally posted by Jest
And my researcher is honest these days, but in my very early days of playing Neocron I would keep like 10 parts in my inventory and when some one asked me to id rares I would swap them for ones I needed. Hehe. Because of this I am paranoid that all researchers are dirty crooks and I don't even trust the most honest of players to id my rares, which is why I have a researcher char. ;)

OMFG YOU BASTARD "¤#!"!"¤!"¤ :P

Dont Mess
02-12-03, 21:03
MayhemMike scams people all the time. A word of warning to all runners to beware of the sneaky fucker, do not trust him ever, he is quite happy to exploit the game mechanics and steal your money/items.

i actually like mike his on honest man i lent him my CS and he actually gave it bak wen he lommed 2 melee.

Jest
02-12-03, 21:11
Originally posted by deac
OMFG YOU BASTARD "¤#!"!"¤!"¤ :P Haha, but never my own clan. :p

Disturbed021
02-12-03, 22:57
I killed 4 wbs with my APU and as I was getting ready to hack the 3rd one when I noticed a low level allied PE heading towards the 4th wb. I pretended to be hacking and instead of warning him I just let the HL fly when he got within a foot or 2. Apparently he was just looking for junk and not trying to steal my wb o_O oops.

Killing ppl once and awhile while they are hacking wbs and stealing their loot. Only did this with my spy cause he couldn't kill ppl otherwise and I could stealth if they didn't die b4 they finished hacking. Either way I generally got their loot cause they would see they were getting damaged and run away to heal leaving the loot for me:p

TheEnemy
03-12-03, 09:22
i actually like mike his on honest man i lent him my CS and he actually gave it bak wen he lommed 2 melee.

So? One honest act doesn't make up for a dishonest one. People can have legitimate businesses running alongside their scams.

g0rt
03-12-03, 09:48
I barter scammed a 0/2 noob for his 1000nc

LVirus
03-12-03, 10:40
So? One honest act doesn't make up for a dishonest one. People can have legitimate businesses running alongside their scams.

Yes and because of that you cannot ever repay that scammed account which you sold in eBay :(

j/k

Stigmata
03-12-03, 10:43
MayhemMike scams people all the time. A word of warning to all runners to beware of the sneaky fucker, do not trust him ever, he is quite happy to exploit the game mechanics and steal your money/items

mike is legendary!!!!! and to anyone who gets on with him he is a very sound guy. I'd lend him my rares he needed them.

If only i didn't suffer with the guilt when i think about scamming people, then i would hundreds of uber rares

Lareolan
03-12-03, 10:57
Wow, you all people are evil. It seems like I'm the only good little soldier. The worst I did was um... um... Nothing... I can't think of a single lame, evil or dishonest thing I did in game. I never looted anything without giving it back. (I usually loot people's belts in caves so someone else doesn't and give the items back to the person as soon as I see them). My researcher has never swapped any techs, no matter how much I wanted the part, the most I've ever done was return the part and make an offer on it on the spot. But I never switched anything... I never cheated anyone out of anything. I always ALWAYS pay for services, especially ones many people don't, like pokes. Am I playing the wrong game? O_o

Sorin
03-12-03, 11:32
I'm with Lareolan. Never scammed anyone. And I've never been scammed either. With all the lying, stealing, backstabbing, two-timing, dishonesty around here it's a wonder I've gotten by unscammed :lol:

Though, I've done all my own construction, barter, research, repair and poking since around spring (some of it on my account, some on a friend's). So maybe I've just been out of the economic loop too long to have had chances at being screwed. Though it looks like I'm going to have to trust someone at some point on Pluto. I started a character there a month or so ago, and I've got quite a few tech parts collected. But I'm too paranoid of getting scammed (seeing as how common all the evil little SOBs seem to be, according to this thread) so they are just piling up. Oh well, going to be awhile before I can use any rares I get researched + constructed anyways :p

Originally posted by g0rt

OMG! That has to be a joke and not real. 8| That's just utterly horrible if it's real. Poor, poor noob :( (erm, didn't mean the pun). That's got to be an automatic one way trip to hell or something :lol:

Lenard
03-12-03, 11:35
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - if you've found an exploit then please report it. If I see a movie on the forums of you demonstrating it then steps will be taken to ensure that it's the last time you discuss exploits here again ]

TheEnemy
03-12-03, 17:31
Originally posted by stigmata
mike is legendary!!!!! and to anyone who gets on with him he is a very sound guy. I'd lend him my rares he needed them.

If only i didn't suffer with the guilt when i think about scamming people, then i would hundreds of uber rares

I'm legendary too.

Now can I borrow your rares?

Dont Mess
03-12-03, 19:50
aww u should really get 2 know minke he really is a nice guy and his accent just makes u smile *more like laugh* he did ONE bad thing and that was steel 15 mill hey u would do it and plus they guys gotta be a rich basterd for having 30mill 2 buy a DS so give mike some credit.

RuButt
03-12-03, 19:51

maybe ur not such a bitch after all...

Rade
03-12-03, 20:15
aww u should really get 2 know minke he really is a nice guy and his accent just makes u smile *more like laugh* he did ONE bad thing and that was steel 15 mill hey u would do it and plus they guys gotta be a rich basterd for having 30mill 2 buy a DS so give mike some credit.

Wtf are you talking about? The guy that got scammed happens to
be a friend of mine and he had more or less only those 30mill and
he had worked his ass off to get them. Mike and one another
person constructed a scam with the purpose to rip this guy off, it
wasnt an accident or anything so what do you mean "u would do
it", as if everyone in here has made a scam on purpose to rob
someone of 15mill?

Maybe you shouldnt talk about things you dont have a clue about.

Dont Mess
03-12-03, 20:29
so YOUR telling me if u didnt no the person and u didnt really give a shit u wouldnt take the money. i admit wen i stole 750k off codename andromida i felt a lil bad then it passed 15 mill is alot. if some1 did it 2 me yes i would be pissed but thats the way it is.

Lareolan
03-12-03, 20:45
so YOUR telling me if u didnt no the person and u didnt really give a shit u wouldnt take the money. i admit wen i stole 750k off codename andromida i felt a lil bad then it passed 15 mill is alot. if some1 did it 2 me yes i would be pissed but thats the way it is.

No and um... no. See, some of us actually are nice people, not assholes, twats or shitheads (or immature 12 year olds who can only trashtalk people through a computer screen). Some of us like to work hard to get the things we have and we don't appreciate twats coming in and cheating us out of our hard earned items and cash. As I said before, I never scammed anyone out of anything. I was always fair and honest. So just because you don't have any morals and if you had the choice would steal someone's hard earned 15 million nc, doesn't mean everyone else would.

Dont Mess
03-12-03, 20:49
Originally posted by Lareolan
No and um... no. See, some of us actually are nice people, not assholes, twats or shitheads (or immature 12 year olds who can only trashtalk people through a computer screen). Some of us like to work hard to get the things we have and we don't appreciate twats coming in and cheating us out of our hard earned items and cash. As I said before, I never scammed anyone out of anything. I was always fair and honest. So just because you don't have any morals and if you had the choice would steal someone's hard earned 15 million nc, doesn't mean everyone else would.

ouch. ok i admit somtimes it went 2 far and i said i felt bad for 750k so i danno about 15mill.all im sayin that its tempting and i know 4 a fact if u really wanted a slotted weapon like a CS or fl and some1 dropped theirs by accident it wold pass yr mind and the fact that ut belongs 2 an enemy faction or clan would support u saying i didnt see it. if it helps a total stranger dropped his TL 150 cst tool in plaza 1 and i gave it bak 2 him

Scikar
03-12-03, 20:53
ouch. ok i admit somtimes it went 2 far and i said i felt bad for 750k so i danno about 15mill.all im sayin that its tempting and i know 4 a fact if u really wanted a slotted weapon like a CS or fl and some1 dropped theirs by accident it wold pass yr mind and the fact that ut belongs 2 an enemy faction or clan would support u saying i didnt see it. if it helps a total stranger dropped his TL 150 cst tool in plaza 1 and i gave it bak 2 him

Sorry DM, you are "an asshole, a twat, a shithead, a 12 year old who can only talk trash through a computer screen." If it helps I'm not much better apparently because I killed somebody once without asking him for permission first. :rolleyes:

Rade
03-12-03, 20:53

Let me explain again, this was not an accident or a mistake of
any kind. Person A was going to buy a DS from person B. Since
you can only pass a little less than 20 mill at a time they needed
someone to hold part of the cash in order to make the transfer.
Person B was a friend of Mike so Mike was supposed to hold the
cash in order to do the transfer. Mike says its all fine and dandy
and he was going to help with the transfer. When Mike is given
the 15mill he instead runs off with it. Person A doesnt get a DS.
Person B gets half the cash.

So, there is no mistake involved, it was a constructed scam with
the purpose of stealing someones money from the beginning to
the end. Perfectly fine if you look at the game mechanics and you
should be careful and expect stuff like this ingame. But that
doesnt change the fact that the persons who do it are dickheads.

TheEnemy
04-12-03, 03:14

Nice guy? He's a dishonest little c**t.

He used a trade window trick to steal 4.5 million from me and I'm certain he has used it on other people, or at least tried.

Just because someone has more money than you doesn't make it right to take it from them.

Dont Mess
04-12-03, 03:15
i didnt say that u could do it im just sayin if u get on his good side he is alrite

TheEnemy
04-12-03, 03:15
oops, delete please

g0rt
04-12-03, 03:16
Originally posted by RuButt
maybe ur not such a bitch after all...

Dont cry it was a joke.

Dont Mess
04-12-03, 03:17
gort pm me yr chars plz

Flea
04-12-03, 03:53
Killed a red sl person at mb with my hacker spy and got:

3 slot pain easer
2 slot ray of god
5 slot lightbringer 2
5 slot tl 3 heal

w00t

Dont Mess
04-12-03, 03:57
+1

RuButt
04-12-03, 09:35
Dont cry it was a joke.

That was a compliment....i usually dont cry when i give compliments...

INFERNO22
04-12-03, 19:04
*tiny voice* Well ive made Noob chars when i was bord and gave the 1k u get as noob and give to freind and repeated this (lots of times)

*I NO longer do this!*

Houser
05-12-03, 00:09
Blah

Dont Mess
05-12-03, 00:37
im saying this on behalf of my bro darkservent on pluto

he was on his noob epic char and he saw some1 selling techs and he talked 2 the person the person admitted he was pissed so he took advantage of this by saying he will buy the techs for 100k each so each time he would put 100k in but the char actually only had 10k so wen he pressed ok we got the tech for 10k and he was 2 pissed 2 realise. he did it 3 times

Hagbart
05-12-03, 02:52
Well, my point is this. You can go steal some guys wallet IRL and get away with the money he made at work that day, or you can scam someone in game for the credits or rares he was able to aquire through a days work. I really so no difference between the two. In both cases you wasted a day of someones life, no more, no less. It doesn't matter if it's a game or not, you are still ripping off a real person spending real time trying to aquire the goods you steal.

I don't mind if people loot belts of slain enemies in battle, that is just the spoils of war, and you know you risk loosing your stuff when you fight, it's like gambling. But people don't want to gamble every time they want to hire a barter or have some rares researched.

Mercuri
05-12-03, 03:08
I've sent all of you to Helpdesk at least twice.....

lol

Including this guy..

someone i know stole a 3 slot holy nrg barrel from a belt, and when the guy came back (we pretended the ppu didnt notice him) i told him his belt prolly fell in the wall, and asked him what it was. This was caves btw

And I never felt guilty at all....

Lenard
05-12-03, 04:21
Good to see an uber gm like Mercuri is unbiased!

And Hagbart, Neocron is a very dangerous place. There are assasins, theives, con-men, prostitutes, weapons dealers whatever you can name just around the corner.

Now you made the comparison to real life. In real life would you hand over 1000 dollars to a total stranger so he could go buy you something? No, you wouldn't. IMHO these people should be protecting their money with the same effort they protect their real money with. Join a clan or something get to know them and use the clan barter. Don't hand your money over to some total stranger like goof. Just like in real life there are going to be theives and general bad guys. If rape was possible in the game im sure people would rape each other too. Don't be suprised with what you read in this thread., people's e-personalities tend to be more extreme than their real life personalities.

Jest
05-12-03, 04:57
Originally posted by Mercuri
I've sent all of you to Helpdesk at least twice.....

lol

Including this guy..

And I never felt guilty at all....

:p Haha. Classic. :p

•Super|\|ova•
05-12-03, 05:47
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr

If only ppl would really RP . Some do but but only like 0.01% as far as I know. It's pathetic to use RP as an excuse for some stupid acts like robbing since those ppl rarely RP at all.

Marx
05-12-03, 05:57
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
If only ppl would really RP . Some do but but only like 0.01% as far as I know. It's pathetic to use RP as an excuse for some stupid acts like robbing since those ppl rarely RP at all.

I second this - Most people who theif stuff use RP as an excuse... Yet in most cases they're the same dudes who're like "HWAR ST00PD RP FUKIZORRSZ!!111"

I think that some things *should* be done, but I don't mean intervention by dev staff via forming walls around dudes and setting /set f8lerr0r_*username*_1 whilst repeatedly rezkilling them.

Branding the player as a theif is not enough in my opinion; because frankly - when someone steals your stuff or money, all the work you've done to get to that point is effectively wasted. Hence why you see people quitting after MC5 chips have been stolen, etc.

Something needs to be done - but frankly, I don't think anything can be.

•Super|\|ova•
05-12-03, 05:59
Well, my point is this. You can go steal some guys wallet IRL and get away with the money he made at work that day

And even there is something to add; the guy can also get caught and punished. Not in this game so that's what makes these scams ingame so wrong.

If I would be a GM I would ban every mofo who has admitted their crimes over this thread and smile on it. That would deserve them right.

|R@zor|
05-12-03, 07:04
i just remembered one other little thing i did

I was in plaza 1 with my midlevel monk standing beside a researcher getting parts id'd, the researcher was also a repairer and another monk came up wanting his Armour repaired, but instead of trading the repairer he traded me and gave me a whole set of Holy Spirit armour (which i actually needed at the time).

Luckily he never noticed his mistake while the tradewindow was open and also never took any notice of me standing beside him, so i just walked away

as i was walking away i heard him ask the repairer where his armour was, and the repairer saying that he never gave him any.

:angel:

Hagbart
05-12-03, 09:18
Now you made the comparison to real life. In real life would you hand over 1000 dollars to a total stranger so he could go buy you something? No, you wouldn't. IMHO these people should be protecting their money with the same effort they protect their real money with. Join a clan or something get to know them and use the clan barter. Don't hand your money over to some total stranger like goof. Just like in real life there are going to be theives and general bad guys. If rape was possible in the game im sure people would rape each other too. Don't be suprised with what you read in this thread., people's e-personalities tend to be more extreme than their real life personalities.

Yeah, with the barter scam there actually is a way to protect yourself. Either find a barter who pays up front, or pay the extra price of not having a barter. But what about repairs, researching rares, constructing rares and all those situations? Long time players obviously have established relationships with people they trust who can do theese jobs, but complete newbies does not. It's the clanless newbie who wants to have his last weeks warbot loot researched at medicare who are shafted most of the time, and for them those techs are a lot more valuable than they are for us who have apartments full of them.

TheEnemy
05-12-03, 14:24
Well, my point is this. You can go steal some guys wallet IRL and get away with the money he made at work that day, or you can scam someone in game for the credits or rares he was able to aquire through a days work. I really so no difference between the two. In both cases you wasted a day of someones life, no more, no less. It doesn't matter if it's a game or not, you are still ripping off a real person spending real time trying to aquire the goods you steal.

And Hagbart, Neocron is a very dangerous place. There are assasins, theives, con-men, prostitutes, weapons dealers whatever you can name just around the corner.

Both of you guys are missing an important point. In real life, if someone takes your wallet from you right in front of you, or you give it to them for some reason and they don't return it, you are able to report them to the police or use force to take it back. Not so in the so-called "dangerous" world of Neocron. If someone uses a trade window trick to get some cash off you in plaza, there is nothing you can do. Copbots/GMs do nothing. Even if it wasn't a safe zone, and you shot them for taking your cash, you still wouldn't get it back like you would if you did the same in real life. This is why there should be better ways of hiring people to do your tradeskilling (eg repairs, why can't it be done with a remote tool like poking?) and why GMs should intervene in conflicts where people have exploited the game mechanics (eg. trade window tricks).

Because you can't retaliate and claim your stuff back, these things make Neocron less of a dangerous, gritty cyberpunk world and just show it up more as a buggy game.

GT_Rince
05-12-03, 15:11
Oh I didnt even have to bring it up. The guy was a friend of mine.
The Gang member. Its not a coincidence that I hate Mikes guts.

Yeah - I remember that... There were actually 2 peeps involved in that

I find it more than a little disturbing listening to some of the things that have happened.

Screw it - I'm gonna make a researcher again - don't trust noone now :D

I can happily say I have never scammed anyone - only ever killed 1 noob 'cos he was being a dick and have never taken advantage of someones trust - unlike most in this thread o_O

I can't tell you how tempting it was to reap vengance on some peeps while I was a GM - very tempting, but I always managed to restrain myself :D

\\Fényx//
05-12-03, 15:18
Originally posted by GT_Rince
I can't tell you how tempting it was to reap vengance on some peeps while I was a GM - very tempting, but I always managed to restrain myself :D

OHNOES now you gone and put your foot in it. . .

GT_Rince
05-12-03, 15:26
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
OHNOES now you gone and put your foot in it. . .

heh - nahhh :D While I was a GM, I always did my best to help peeps - you should know that...

deac
05-12-03, 16:40
aww u should really get 2 know minke he really is a nice guy and his accent just makes u smile *more like laugh* he did ONE bad thing and that was steel 15 mill hey u would do it and plus they guys gotta be a rich basterd for having 30mill 2 buy a DS so give mike some credit. .

some one allrdy did :D

Clownst0pper
05-12-03, 20:41
Dont mess I conned u into giving me to SA for aload of rares and I said 100+ rares, think i only gave u shitty rares about about 25 techs.

Hrhr.

Back atcha :D

Dont Mess
05-12-03, 21:24
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Dont mess I conned u into giving me to SA for aload of rares and I said 100+ rares, think i only gave u shitty rares about about 25 techs.

Hrhr.

Back atcha :D

y do pple lie 2 make them selves look good u didnt u prik lol i amit yeh i got ABIT ripped off but minor i can get parts easy actually it was like 55 techs u gave me and they wernt shit there were 5 or 6 melee i made a CS TSS antipos Holy antibuff and a maladiction outa the techs u gave me the only thing u missed out was the 3 slot SH but i really dont care. i know id do it 2 u.

Hagbart
06-12-03, 02:49
Because you can't retaliate and claim your stuff back, these things make Neocron less of a dangerous, gritty cyberpunk world and just show it up more as a buggy game.

Yup, the only carebears are the guys who wants to scam and rip people off without any fear of retaliation. So much for dark cyberpunk..

TheEnemy
06-12-03, 05:34
Yup, the only carebears are the guys who wants to scam and rip people off without any fear of retaliation. So much for dark cyberpunk..

Yep, no risk for the scammer, except they might find it difficult making trades with some other people. But if they have an alt, that's no problem.

When I got scammed by MayhemMike for 4.5 million, GM told me I should "live with it or get revenge somehow". How does one get revenge for 4.5 million exactly? Can't scam him back since a scammer would be aware that he's beng scammed, and can't kill him and loot his items, do I have to hax his account or something? 8|