PDA

View Full Version : What effects Rare Stats and slots [Rumours]

Psychoninja
30-11-03, 02:10
Just wondering.
I've hear sofar that buffs and drugs bring down your chances of getting slots on rares. Anyone have any other 'unofficial' tips?

o_O

nonamebrandeggs
30-11-03, 02:14
PE csters > Spy csters

Psychoninja
30-11-03, 02:19
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
PE csters > Spy csters

I've heard that before, but don't know any PE CSters to try it with =\

Cruzbroker
30-11-03, 02:22
Dex and Int effects more on slots, and rank o_O
aaww dunno, but /68 @ 160 cst builds better than /38 @ 160 for sure..

Pi-Oh-Pah
30-11-03, 02:54
Ive had 3 Pain Easers built by 3 differant 200+ skill constructors and thayve come out

1 slot
0 slot
1 slot

Wahhhhhhhh :(

Dont Mess
30-11-03, 02:55
sweat leas on pluto was a very lucky PE cster got good slots and stats and still owned in pvp lol

Dont Mess
30-11-03, 02:59
sorry correcting name

Sweat Leaf

[TgR]KILLER
30-11-03, 03:08
Originally posted by Psychoninja
I've heard that before, but don't know any PE CSters to try it with =\

erm lemme think.. there is one in HOT.. that TS clan of sav..

dreamyst or something.. DM her.. as far as i know she's still a constructor..

REMUS
30-11-03, 03:47
i got 4 pain easers constructed by cid and needless to say he fucked em up good style yet sweet thing : ) constructed a 4 slot first love and a 5 slot holy lightening! and numerous high slottage items that are less valuable 2 5 slot BOC's 1 5 slot thunderstorm

a good pe cster is dream, i havnt seen her on pluto alot recently tho, she used to be in R.S.Savages small clan H.O.T but i dont know what shes doing now?

]v[ortice
30-11-03, 03:51
KK Fact:

Slots and Stats are random on rare weapons.

You need max 150 CST to cap a none rare weapon, which deteriorates to 120 CST with INT and DEX levels.

Everythin after taht is just pure luck :)

I have a lucky drug setup tho, it has served me well :)

g0rt
30-11-03, 04:05
Level makes a big diff. Capped constructors get more slots and better stats ALL THE TIME then my uncapped constructor does.

The whole 150 construction bit...I 100% guarantee you that a purely capped SPY with 150 construction will absolutely destroy a /45 spy with 150 construction...at slots and stats

Artie
30-11-03, 04:32
Originally posted by Dont Mess
sweat leas on pluto was a very lucky PE cster got good slots and stats and still owned in pvp lol

Sweet leaf? LOL She's still around? I remember teaching er' bout pvp....she learned quick....hmm....interesting.

I feel old....*wanders off*

BTW....about pe cster's....yeah....they pwn. Hard to find em...but when you do...man they rock.

greploco
30-11-03, 04:58
I construct with drugs and psi boost, I don't know

but, old clan constructor used to swear that the psi construct boosts nerfed slots - and he did a lot of building

rob444
30-11-03, 05:15
A friend of mine which is a TANK constructed a 2 slot paw of tiger at a factory, of course crap stats but still 2 slots ;)

SorkZmok
30-11-03, 09:04
Had 2 FLs and 2 disruptors built over the last days. all came out with no slots and shit stats. :(
1 was done by my own midlevel tl 150 conster, another one by a fully capped one with tl 150, next one by a fully capped tl 250 conster and the last one by a near capped tl 200 one.

ITS JUST FUCKING LUCK.

KramerTheWeird
30-11-03, 09:26
PE's are better tradeskillers! I was repairing for a while and had very good quality for only 75 skill.

Support the common man! Seek a PE for your needs! :D

necrocon
30-11-03, 16:40
I am a monk constructor on Pluto. I get slots randomly sometimes half of what I build are slots my best was a 5 slot SMG next was a TL 113 rare spell 3 slotted my most slotted rare lots of 2 slotters seams pretty random on stats for rares no between 104% - 120% in no specific order sometimes all high others are mid level never all low level

I am usualy off leveling or I would have more slotted stuff to talk about rest assured though monks do just fine same as PEs and spies well some differences but thats what RPing is all about

RayBob
30-11-03, 17:04
Originally posted by SorkZmok
ITS JUST FUCKING LUCK.
(SHHHHHHHH! Let them enjoy the rumors.)

You can increase the possibility of slots by nearly 30% if you construct at an enemy factory if they agree to set the security to Attack None so you get a small skill bonus but it has to be within the first 10 minutes of the security change and you have to have killed a runner that is hostile to the owning clan's faction within one hour of the build in that same zone. Enjoy.

CrazyMan
01-12-03, 12:43
So far I built quite a lot of rares, including 3 PE's, judges, libby's, all apu spells and so on.

Here's my unofficial input:

Stats on rares depend on your level. My CSTer is now /59 (90 int 91 dex natural +20 int and +20 dex from imps) the skill with SS/CST2&3 and glove is 195. The first thing I built was a doomie and I was about /50 and in mid 70's in both INT and DEX and the skill at 165 or so. And the quality sucked, it was barely perfect, with stats all approx 102-106%. And got none slots. Then I built a PE it was perfect (decent stats, but not great), got 1 slot.

Also built a few melee low TL rares - most of them were totally artifact and had at least 1 slot.

Built a few high TL apu spells, got couple of 0 slotted :wtf:

Leveled my CSTer to what I have now, started with a PE for myself - got an artifact 2 slot!!! really nice ;) Then built almost artifact for somebody, the person was quite pleased ;)
Then I made a doomie - got perfect 115%+ stats, and it was 3 slot! :) ownage! Made a lot of hi TL rifles and pistols - usually was getting 2 slots (rarer 1 and 3 slots). Even built 4 slot Holy Paralysis. All the rares had excellent stats. But strangely enough - built another holy pestilence and holy antibuff - both 0 slotted...
And built a nice almost artifact 2 slot libby just yesterday :p

Also - drugging helps a lot. Put as many drugs in you and build with better stats (probably) - it doesn't have effect on the slots, but has effect on the stats (in favour).

Buffing - is not really needed once you have skill of 190+ and high int/dex.

Regarding normal weapons - it's pretty straight forward.

Cap is 94% for anything below TL60, then after that it goes down - 93%, 92%,....87% on high TL spells. The higher level of int/dex and CST skill - the better you build..but the difference will only be in 1-2% maximum even if you fully cap your spy and put everything in CST + all possible imps.

Slots - the higher TL - the less chances for 4-5 slots. I was building a lot of guns yesterday. Out of 50 pumpguns - 3 3-slotted, 50 archer rifle - 4 slot best, 50 sniper rifle - only 2 slots!!!
10 holy heal - 2 slots, 10 holy deflectors - 4 slots, 10 holy group deflectors - 20 slots, and shelter - 2 slots.

And on other hand, I built just 1 TL61 gatling rifle, and got 5 slots!!! Same happened with a few others, like 4-5 slots high TL laser rifles... So it's pure luck, and good luck to all CSTers out there ;)

:angel:

Varaem
01-12-03, 13:32
Hmm...
A spy with like 140 CST was the luckiest cster I've ever known, name is Adamus on pluto, but haven't seen him in months. He made like 4 5 slot guns on the first try for me.

On the other hand... Zai and Cid, capped spies that had all int into CST with massive amounts of drugs and a factory and cst 3 boost got me low slotted rares, so... I don't know. My best rares are all from random people that aren't capped CSTers. Glyc never got me anything good, either.

Mumblyfish
01-12-03, 13:38
All my five-slotters were made by my research/construct/pistolero spy. He's never had more than 138 construct when I've built a rare. Yet he's made me a five-slotted Blade of Ceres (stop laughing) and a four-slot Crahn Catharsis.

It's entirely random. But if you're an idiot, then try constructing while punching an MC5 Commander. Your LUK stat doubles.

Elric
01-12-03, 13:41
Gleep built me a 5 slot spray can flamer yesterday. It owns :D

and also 2 1 slotted Face scratcher claws. Gleep kicks ass. Im going to him for everything.

Cypher_Psy
01-12-03, 13:43
Maybe people would find This (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44672) Thread handy? ;)

deac
01-12-03, 13:47
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
Ive had 3 Pain Easers built by 3 differant 200+ skill constructors and thayve come out

1 slot
0 slot
1 slot

Wahhhhhhhh :(

my 3 paineasers are like this

Elric
01-12-03, 13:49
oooh, 3 more and you'll have a 5!

Hagbart
01-12-03, 13:56
As soon as you find a constructor with enough skill to build at capped quality (forgot the exact number, but there was a post somewhere, should be around 120-150 depending on int/dex levels) there is only one thing that affects the slot chance, and that is how trustworthy the constructor is. Many will keep the good ones they build and give some previously built junk back to their customer, and usually there is no way you can detect someone doing this unless they give you a gun with ammo in the clip.

Cypher_Psy
01-12-03, 14:08
I see people didn't follow the link, so let me put it in front of you a very good post made by Pikachoad from that thread....

Originally posted by Pikachoad
Allow me.

1. Quality

A. Caps - items have a quality cap. Meaning once it reaches a certain quality, it wont get any better. This cap is different for each item, depending on tech level. For example, a TL 102 drone caps at 83%, while a TPC caps at 87%. NO ONE can build a TPC to better than 87% (thus why it is called a cap). The highest quality possible on building items is 94%, which is the cap for lower TL items. All items TL 50 and under cap at 94%. 50 is NOT exact, nor is it hard coded. It is actually somewhere just above 50, and that is just how it turns out.

B. Construction Level - ignore the 60/25/15 formula. Dont combine them together. Think of it like this. There is a point at which you, as a constructor, can build every item to it's cap. I call that point the 'cap level.' Your Dex and Int determine how low your cap level is. For example, a spy with 100 Dex, 100 Int should cap at around 110 Construction. A Monk with 40 Dex and 100 Int should cap around 140-150.

C. Success. To guarantee build success, you need double the TL of item. So a TL 50 cannon needs construction of 100 to guarantee success.

What this all means:

For QUALITY, there is NO difference between someone with 150 or 220 Construction (assuming the 150 is in fact capped. I dont think you can get to 150 construction without being capped... not sure what the highest non-capped construction is). As long as the constructor is at their cap level, all 'cap level' constructors build the same.

2. Slots

Any item that is built to its capped quality has the same chance for slots.

Repeat: if the item is built to best possible quality, it also has best possible chances for slots.

Int, Dex, Construction... dont matter for slots (except that they matter to capping the quality on a build). Slots are random.

This means: higher TL items have a lower final build quality, and therefore a lower chance for slots.

Overall: TL 220 construction is ONLY useful for guaranteeing success. Quality and slots are based ONLY on capping a weapons quality, which is always achieved at a MUCH lower level that 220.

If you have any specific questions, please ask.

EDIT: Forgot mods. Weapon mods increase the quality of the weapon. The more mods you have (i.e. the more slots you get), the higher the quality becomes. This is how you have perfect and artifact weapons that are build by constructors... lots of slots.

Also the Item capping table is a good read made by Sythlie.

Original monk
01-12-03, 14:08
i dont use selfbuffs (or lvl3 buffs) , i use a factory or factory of a allied faction and i drug up with destrosol, red- and witheflash ...

this gives me about 240 constr, 100 int and 99 dex :)
(using constrchip 2+3, SS, hawking)

when i construct i place all the parts nicely in the correct config in the processor i click the inv and processor away and i go sit down and look at the ground to get stable fps ...

between 2 big constructs in i make something that cant get slots: like a weaponpart 8 ...

This weekend i made 5 first loves, 2 silent hunters, a rog, a disruptor and a holy paralysis...

First loves: out of 5 the best was a 2 slotter :/
A 1 slot and a 2 slot SH
A 3 slot RoG
A 4 slot disruptor
A 4 slot holy paralysis

note that the holy para and the disruptor where made for friends :/ so everytime i construct for someone else they steal my slots, so i can sell the 1 and 2 slot First loves to yo's (figur of speach) and they run of with the good stuff :/

If someone is selling/trading a 4 or 5 slot full artifact x-heat laser First Love on saturn, please let me know: im trying to make a 4-5 slotter for about a year now: i think i made about 200 and the best i can do is 3 slots :/ this is only on this particular weapon :/

stupid constructing: bought for a couple of mill FL parts, or traded for SF, constr-resgloveparts and more of that stuff and all ya get is 2 slots: JUNK with other words

for me constructing decent rares is the biggest moneysink in the game

Weazle
01-12-03, 14:13
I'm a Pluto constructor and my rough stats are following:

With drugs and allies OP bonus I get 185 cst, 109 INT and 141 DEX. No buffs as well.

In the last week I've built for my clan 4 slot Malediction, 3 Slot Moonstriker, 2 Slot Cursed Soul, 4 Slot Holy Firestorm, 3 Slot Holy Firestorm and a 5 slot Holy Shelter. Most of the stats are around 109+ so all you need is a couple of mods and the weapon is shweet.

I've built for [TgR]Killer a 4 slot Holy Lightning (or was it paralysis as I've forgotten).

When I construct in Plaza 1 I'm at 160 cst, around 105 INT and 124 DEX. Slottage is lower when I do this.

Handy Tip: Spies should use Spy PA to construct as the DEX bonus outweighs the INT bonus ..... which increases your overall cst level.

And yes ... I've tend to think buffs reduces chances of slots for some stupid reason :P

Weazle
01-12-03, 14:37
It is a myth that a person with 250+ construction will guaarntee more slots than a 180 cst person.

I get annoyed when I can construct at all quality caps at cst 160 (with almost capped INT and capped DEX) and then have someone say that's not enough for the amount of slots they needs.

For rares I still go to OPs for rares for better build quality and which in turn has an effect on the number of slots chances.

Crest
01-12-03, 14:42
Same Contructor, same conditions ....
Conditions = Op with Const 247... and results are as follow

7 CS built so far
4 x 2 slots
1 x 1 slot
1 x 0 slot

and .... my baby
1 x 4 slot....

Only reason why op, gaurantee first time build
stats are 100 int, 100 dex, Const 2 and 3, Special Science, Glove....

As I said the conditions were the same, only exception was that the 4 slotter was built in the morning when the servers were quiet. He also built a 3 slot Holy lightning at same time.

Slots = Random
Stats = Random .... As Long as the weapon TL is capped ... No Need for Drugs or other

Strych9
01-12-03, 16:51
Cypher, thanks for saving me from having to dig that up again. ;)

I dont believe people are still speculating over this. This is one thing that KK has removed all mystery about- one of the FEW things we KNOW for sure.

I wont restate anything, because the post that Cypher quoted states it all already.

Know I have heard that slots chances have been lowered since I was last in game- but the methodology is still the same.

BUT

People will always think that 220 constr builds better than 160, so the 220 will always get more business.

Although, people often forget- double the item TL guarantees success... so the 220 can guarantee successful builds up to item TL 110, while the 160 can guarantee only up to item TL 80. So in that sense, higher is better. But only in that sense.

james_finn
01-12-03, 17:04
Well, I was a monk cst'r on Pluto, lommed iut all off to PSU, but I made 2 x 5 slotted holy shelters, by babies, and also a fully capped 120% Holy Cath. AND I wasnt capped in INTEL or PSI! I also made numerous rares, and out of the countless rares that I cst'd I only ever made one with no slots, inc. a 3 slotted CS, and 4 slotted DB!

So it is random, but i think there maybe sweet spots in maps? Coz both of my 5 slotted shlter were csted at the same place in an op!

Or maybe the "slot GM" loves me!

Delphi

"All hail the slot God"

Weazle
01-12-03, 17:06
I agree Strych9 :)

In my experience as a CST'er I've never broken anything yet .... just failed it a few times (which only costs CST gel and time) so I just try it again.

Has anyone actually "broken" any items when constructing ? (ie. like when rares go poof)

Psychoninja
01-12-03, 17:19
I don't think csters can break anything, I haven't seen anything break with all the things I've made.

Well, recent I made a few rares, on my friends cster. 185 CST 100 Dex, not sure on intel its' about 94, no buffs.

Well these are the results,
2 Slot Holy Anti buff, all stats 110 - 120
No Slot Holy Fire Storm, majority of stats below 110% =(
5 Slot Slasher fully capped
1 slot Holy Thunder storm all stats 110 - 120

And out of 75 Poison beams, I've only gotten two 3 slot poison beams that I kept, rest were 0, 1, or 2 slots obviously.

Thinking that PE csters are better than spies makes me wonder if Dex isn't the only thing that plays a role towards slots. What about str? PEs have a some what equal balance in skills and this might be the reason for them being better cster. I'll make sure to drug up my Cster with every drug I can use next time I build something. I'm very curious.

Strych9
01-12-03, 17:53
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Thinking that PE csters are better than spies makes me wonder if Dex isn't the only thing that plays a role towards slots. What about str? PEs have a some what equal balance in skills and this might be the reason for them being better cster. I'll make sure to drug up my Cster with every drug I can use next time I build something. I'm very curious. ACK!!!

Where are you getting that PEs are better builders?

We KNOW what it takes to build. We KNOW that slots are random as long as quality is maxxed out. A PE CAN certainly build to quality, but ALL constructors that build to maxxed quality... whether Spy, Monk, or PE... all of them build EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that a monk and PE have less Dex and Int than a Spy, so a Spy can cap their builds at a lower overall level (i.e. with fewer points actually in Constr).

Please re-read the text that Cypher posted.

The data that we know about building is not speculation. It was first found by examining the game files. It was then tested via extensive in game tests. Finally, it was explicitly confirmed by the dev team.

Sanctioner
01-12-03, 18:40
LOL this thread is so funny......

Early in retail, there was a GM event and a handfull of SLOTMASTER 2000's were given out as rewards....
although every use degrades the tool by 4% it does guarentee 3 or more slots.

I cheris mine.

Ryuben
01-12-03, 18:45
u can't break rares nubs :P

my friend cst'er swore that a PSI boost reduced his slot chances, but increased stats

same for a factory

*shrugs* he druged up to fuck thow

ghandisfury
01-12-03, 19:20
Originally posted by Sanctioner
LOL this thread is so funny......

Early in retail, there was a GM event and a handfull of SLOTMASTER 2000's were given out as rewards....
although every use degrades the tool by 4% it does guarentee 3 or more slots.

I cheris mine.

That would be a fooking ubaaaa rare:D