PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a revamped SL drops.

Marx
29-11-03, 03:00
Alright, currently the Soul Light system is shite. All it really does is force conflicting groups to switch to conflicting factions seeing as clan wars don't work yet.

It also prevents the ganking of 'n00bs' in 'hunting zones'... Which is ironic because pretty much every zone in which you can draw a weapon is a 'hunting zone'.

Now, I think it's rather crappy that a player who's technically a criminal within' the virtual world of neocron has to put up with drastic losses everywhere. Even though criminals are supposed to be more widespread, according to the SL bit - Pretty much everyone is an upstanding and morally right person.

Have we forgotten that the criminals of one group can possibly be the heroes of another?

Here's my idea - Make belt drops normal in Anarchy zones in the wastelands, TG, and TH and MB. Within Neocron however, If you are killed you lose all your stuff. (i.e. getting killed in Pepper Park, Getting ganked in Plaza, etc). With the proposed removal of CopBots from Pepper Park, now a red runner can hypothetically run through that section of the city without guarenteed death...

If you like the idea, please vote so, if you do not like the idea, please vote so. Abstain if you need to.

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 03:07
Originally posted by Marx
Alright, currently the Soul Light system is shite. All it really does is force conflicting groups to switch to conflicting factions seeing as clan wars don't work yet.

It also prevents the ganking of 'n00bs' in 'hunting zones'... Which is ironic because pretty much every zone in which you can draw a weapon is a 'hunting zone'.

Now, I think it's rather crappy that a player who's technically a criminal within' the virtual world of neocron has to put up with drastic losses everywhere. Even though criminals are supposed to be more widespread, according to the SL bit - Pretty much everyone is an upstanding and morally right person.

Have we forgotten that the criminals of one group can possibly be the heroes of another?

Here's my idea - Make belt drops normal in Anarchy zones in the wastelands, TG, and TH and MB. Within Neocron however, If you are killed you lose all your stuff. (i.e. getting killed in Pepper Park, Getting ganked in Plaza, etc). With the proposed removal of CopBots from Pepper Park, now a red runner can hypothetically run through that section of the city without guarenteed death...

If you like the idea, please vote so, if you do not like the idea, please vote so. Abstain if you need to.

I know SL needs to be sorted out, however, this isn't quite right.

The flaw in it is that anyone with red SL is a criminal to their own faction;
EG. Copbots shoot you if you're a TG who has been shooting TG o_O

TBH Every NPC in the game should shoot someone with red SL based on the current logic of the game...

Marx
29-11-03, 03:13
Well, Honestly I want SL to be gone because it's bullshit anyway.

But polls of the previous didn't go over to well in most cases.

:(

Mods, close this - gonna try a different approach.

CLOSE MEH

Psycho Killa
29-11-03, 03:13
There shouldnt be any soullight at all. Your punishement for killing someone in your faction should be lowered faction sympathy. If your sympathy gets to low your guards will shoot you. If your city allied then copbots will step in if you go too far (too far negative sympathy) also. Of course you also lose sympathy with your faction if u shoot allied factions.

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 03:14
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
There shouldnt be any soullight at all. Your punishement for killing someone in your faction should be lowered faction sympathy. If your sympathy gets to low your guards will shoot you. If your city allied then copbots will step in if you go too far (too far negative sympathy) also. Of course you also lose sympathy with your faction if u shoot allied factions.
that maybe viable after / at DoY.
Currently...name people that hang out in their own HQs that would have any problems with this :/

Marx
29-11-03, 03:17
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83344

Please continue posting ideas/rants/points here.

thanks.

g0rt
29-11-03, 03:22
There shouldnt be any soullight at all.

Ive been saying it for months. The carebears just flame me tho. Its sad. :mad: