PDA

View Full Version : Run speed cap?

Roc-a-fella
29-11-03, 00:42
what skills in agl and atl cap run speed, and if you have imps in that give to agl/atl that make it over the set cap will you go any faster?

Shadow Dancer
29-11-03, 00:43
70/70 is the supposed softcap. But I do notice a significant difference for going higher. My apu has 115 agility and 70 athletics, and he runs like the fucking wind. I'm addicted to speed.

Roc-a-fella
29-11-03, 00:46
They should effing lower it, peopel run so fast in duels. When people who have just got the game try to PVP they will give up on neocron and quit because they wont be able to hit peopel with their fast fast run speed.

Shadow Dancer
29-11-03, 00:48
Originally posted by Roc-a-fella
They should effing lower it, peopel run so fast in duels. When people who have just got the game try to PVP they will give up on neocron and quit because they wont be able to hit peopel with their fast fast run speed.

That's where SKILLZ come in. :p I had the same problem. But then I practised ALOT and noticed I started hitting super fast people alot more.

Besides, high runspeed is supposed to be an advantage. Only apus and pistol pes really can get insane runspeeds, and even then apus have to sacrifice some resists. I don't know if pes have to or not.

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 01:16
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
That's where SKILLZ come in. :p I had the same problem. But then I practised ALOT and noticed I started hitting super fast people alot more.

Besides, high runspeed is supposed to be an advantage. Only apus and pistol pes really can get insane runspeeds, and even then apus have to sacrifice some resists. I don't know if pes have to or not. Rofl...show me a PE that runs faster than me and I'll show you a guy with a better comp and crappier resists then me (one or the other or both :p).

Hmm.
There should be a hard cap on runspeed though.

BlackDove
29-11-03, 01:18
Drugging up on my already capped monk with a huge amount in atl/agl makes me not run - FLY

Marx
29-11-03, 01:21
There's no difference in runspeed between Marx, who has 120ath and 130 agi and a friend who has 90/90

Sorin
29-11-03, 01:21
I don't know why they even said 70/70 was the cap. Maybe they just mean it's diminishing returns after that?

I'm addicted to speed.

You should get some help for that. :lol:

;) :D

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 01:22
Originally posted by Marx
There's no difference in runspeed between Marx, who has 120ath and 130 agi and a friend who has 90/90 Nice.
Pity it doesn't mean crap to me until you tell me both you and your "friend" have exactly the same FPS with no FPS drops while doing the test :p

Sorin - they SAID it has Diminishing returns after that.......

Marx
29-11-03, 01:26
Friend lives in England with a top notch connection.

I live on the east coast of the US with a top notch connection.

Hence, he runs the same speed, if not faster than me.

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 01:30
j00 no read my posts no more?
just see what you want to see?

I said FPS not Ping.
Ping has zippo to do with it.

edit;
Actually (though it has absolutely nothing to do with runspeed) as has been noted by some people a stable but high ping CAN > low stable ping due to NCs weird aiming :p

Roc-a-fella
29-11-03, 01:43
Ok thanks for the info but it wont be needed since i just canceled monk-o-cron again, and this time i think ive smartened up to play a game that wasnt made well at all, everythign that goes wrong they blame it on the netcode "the netcode cant handle this, the netcode cant handle that" well you suck, learn to make/patch a game

Rieper
29-11-03, 02:07
last time he quit was coz i pwned him in Neofrag :)

Glok
29-11-03, 02:12
I quit because rares are stupid. Make everything constructable and I would return immediately... of course I might come back anyways, I miss my neocrack. :(

Rade
29-11-03, 02:15
I agree actually, the runspeed in this game is stupidly high, its
like Quake 1 all over again. Take a hint from other succesfull FPS
games (or mmofps, hell look at planetside). Its more fun to sit
behind a cover and take potshots at someone than having 40
people running around in circles shooting having to shoot
eachother 400 times before anyone goes down.

**edit: Feck I gotta install planetside again...

Rieper
29-11-03, 02:18
stupidly high runspeed is ok when you have railguns and skill based fighting.. The Reticle means you have to have a lock for 2-5 seconds and maintain it to fight.. its even worse with libby, PE. And apus have fire and forget... If apu could shoot straight off, but need LoS then that would be better imho

but atm, Balance? I think not.

Marx
29-11-03, 02:25
Ping has zippo to do with it

My ass it doesn't. Perhaps you can't see it, but I sure as hell can. I have an average ping of around 200. On a bad day it can go to around 350-400.

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 02:29
/me has typical ping of 25ms.
/me gets ping hikes up to 1000ms.
/me gets "Stable ping" hikes up to 300-400ms.

It would be noticable to me, if it were there.
However, it's not FPS Spikes, however, are several thousand times more relevent to runspeed.

Rade
29-11-03, 02:31
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
/me has typical ping of 25ms.
/me gets ping hikes up to 1000ms.
/me gets "Stable ping" hikes up to 300-400ms.

It would be noticable to me, if it were there.
However, it's not FPS Spikes, however, are several thousand times more relevent to runspeed.

It doesnt show on your end but it does show to others. Some
days people say I move like greased lightning, some days they
say Im sluggish, yet I havent changed anything. I wouldnt place
money on it but something is fishy.

Sigma
29-11-03, 02:42
70/70 is the supposed softcap.

guys!

when will u EVER learn to read properly.

they NEVER said that 70/70 is the cap

it was an EXAMPLE

PLZ PLZ PLZ

read before u say something which could make u look st00pid :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 02:43
70/70 is the supposed softcap.

Originally posted by Sigma
guys!

when will u EVER learn to read properly.

they NEVER said that 70/70 is the cap

it was an EXAMPLE

PLZ PLZ PLZ

read before u say something which could make u look st00pid :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rade - most likely due to FPS variations :p
I get THAT a lot.

Sigma
29-11-03, 02:47
they said is was an example, NO softcap, NO hardcap

edit - just to make sure EVERY1 gets it >_<

Kr3Yc3K
29-11-03, 02:47
yeah.. right..

huh?

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 02:48
Bakara.

70/70 is the soft cap, because of this simple reason;
AFTER 70/70 YOU GET DIMINISHING RETURNS FOR EVERY SINGLE POINT YOU ADD TO THE SUBSKILLS.

That is the very definition of a softcap.

Shakari
29-11-03, 03:09
Rofl...show me a PE that runs faster than me and I'll show you a guy with a better comp and crappier resists then me (one or the other or both :p).

Hmm.

hmm some how ur saying a class with 45 more dex and 20 more con can't run faster than you omg thats funny, they could do what u do and have better resists or move faster still with better resists than u simply due to having more points available

but atm monks have it way to easy with aiming while running :D

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 03:12
I was refering to PE vs PE...

Typically speaking though, I don't know any PEs faster than my PPU........bar one.

KramerTheWeird
29-11-03, 03:30
To be honest, I don't think it matters what your runspeed is anymore. This game can have so much problems related to ping and FPS performance, that even with 100/100 runspeed you will go about 50/50 on some people's screens. I've seen it happen, and I've been a victim as well.

If I beat someone easily that I know is a challenge, I know it is performance problems on their side, or a lucky connection on mine. I don't believe it has anything to do with skill, or your stats.

Shadow Dancer
29-11-03, 03:41
Wait a second, you're saying it's possible to move slow on someone's screen even though you're moving lightning fast?

Because I swear I can move like a crazy chicken with it's head cut off sometimes, and sometimes the person will freaking hit me every single time.

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 03:45
Well said Kramer.

SD - Yes, normally when other people have lag you look to move slower ... or there are plenty of other variations you could choose.

Heh, my PE had traditionally 76/75 - even when I drug up to 90/90 it's the same speed as most people's 70s.... o_o
I hate having 10 FPS :P
Oh well...can't wait 'til tuesday...

edit;
/set kill_SD 1
:P
Mofo..

Shadow Dancer
29-11-03, 03:47
Want some of my 90 FPS QD?

:)

Lanigav
29-11-03, 07:36
I agree about the higher run speeds being stupidly fast, especially during any battle with more than three people in it due to lag. Its virtually impossible to get any kind of lock on them at all.

Personally, I think the only class that should be able to run stupidly fast are melee tanks.

Some sort of lower hardcap needs to be introduced.

Vid Gamer
29-11-03, 07:54
Well I'm a Tank, not like run speed matters to me anyway since I move as slow as a snail with a weapon out. :rolleyes:

L0KI
29-11-03, 10:07
Rofl...show me a PE that runs faster than me and I'll show you a guy with a better comp and crappier resists then me (one or the other or both :p).

Hmm.

You sure about that one m8? ;)

deac
29-11-03, 11:28
Originally posted by Rade
I agree actually, the runspeed in this game is stupidly high, its
like Quake 1 all over again. Take a hint from other succesfull FPS
games (or mmofps, hell look at planetside). Its more fun to sit
behind a cover and take potshots at someone than having 40
people running around in circles shooting having to shoot
eachother 400 times before anyone goes down.

**edit: Feck I gotta install planetside again...

omfg hes right for once :D

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 12:13
Originally posted by L0KI
You sure about that one m8? ;)
You know my frame rate :p

And refering to one of my new setups..yar...
Hmm.... I have more tinkering to do :p

Mad_dude
29-11-03, 12:42
its true i capped my pain easer,so i can aim and have a high rate of fire. now ive been playing CS for 4 years now till this day, now i know its nothing like NC in battle really but i have extreme reflexes because it, i get headshots .5 secs into battle, literally, cant be overwelmed by 3 or less some days 4 people shooting at me at once and i can kill em all befor they get me.some of u may be like shutup and dont brag... iam not braggin because i know alot of people the same skill lvl as me and alot even better, been accused of hacking on the days i get gamers high and caffine rushes, iam just making a point on what a xtreme gamer with good reflexes experiences when he plays this game...but in this game i cant seem to keep track of the pistol PE's running around faster than a car and the FPS in this game aint that good...the brain see's at 40 FPS and this game barely meets it at points now consider lag with extreme speeds so ur looking at a guy and he is about a quarter of a meter from were he was standing per frame(big distance), so a capped speed pistol PE "blipping" all over my screen...and what pisses me off the most is the sensitivity cap, my mouse cant move as fast as they do...now how exactly does that make it possible, it doesent and dont say u must have a bad PC if that happens i dont... i have cable,1 gig of RAM,AMD 2800+,radeon 9700 live in NY and we got alota good bandwith with cable here and i get good pings in europe servers in other games

so there are some things they would HAVE to change to even this out a bit
1. somehow make higher frame rate possible
2. no mouse sensitivity cap, if they put it possibly for a hacking reason then raise it 50% atleast please(i mostly prefer this)
3. reduce speed cap to about 50/50 ied say not sure how fast it is but it sounds good to even it

just one of the 3 would make it alright i would guess but somthing would have to be done

sorry for the long paragraph...

Shakari
29-11-03, 15:07
Want some of my 90 FPS QD?

:)

Yeah i agree with what QD is says about pc performance, lag and such affecting run speed

lol if the person the other end of the fight he's in has 15 fps doesn't matter if he's getting 150 fps :D still gonna appear slow as shit

Shakari
29-11-03, 15:11
Originally posted by Mad_dude
its true i capped my pain easer,so i can aim and have a high rate of fire. now ive been playing CS for 4 years now till this day, now i know its nothing like NC in battle really but i have extreme reflexes because it, i get headshots .5 secs into battle, literally, cant be overwelmed by 3 or less some days 4 people shooting at me at once and i can kill em all befor they get me.some of u may be like shutup and dont brag... iam not braggin because i know alot of people the same skill lvl as me and alot even better, been accused of hacking on the days i get gamers high and caffine rushes, iam just making a point on what a xtreme gamer with good reflexes experiences when he plays this game...but in this game i cant seem to keep track of the pistol PE's running around faster than a car and the FPS in this game aint that good...the brain see's at 40 FPS and this game barely meets it at points now consider lag with extreme speeds so ur looking at a guy and he is about a quarter of a meter from were he was standing per frame(big distance), so a capped speed pistol PE "blipping" all over my screen...and what pisses me off the most is the sensitivity cap, my mouse cant move as fast as they do...now how exactly does that make it possible, it doesent and dont say u must have a bad PC if that happens i dont... i have cable,1 gig of RAM,AMD 2800+,radeon 9700 live in NY and we got alota good bandwith with cable here and i get good pings in europe servers in other games

so there are some things they would HAVE to change to even this out a bit
1. somehow make higher frame rate possible
2. no mouse sensitivity cap, if they put it possibly for a hacking reason then raise it 50% atleast please(i mostly prefer this)
3. reduce speed cap to about 50/50 ied say not sure how fast it is but it sounds good to even it

just one of the 3 would make it alright i would guess but somthing would have to be done

sorry for the long paragraph...

Can't say i am as consistant as you say you are but now and again in CS and in SOF2 I own anything in sight for about an hour or so :D and I get bitched at lol

but a higher mouse sensativity would be good :D

//Ring\\
29-11-03, 16:22
QD... u should try racing a GM then if u think ur going lightning fast.. ;)

although ull need some serious explanations to do if u catch em, ur either going insanely drugged up fast or flying too low.. :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
29-11-03, 16:27
Wow, people are actually complaining about runspeed because they can't hit someone? :lol:

Anyways, to the guy who said 50/50. Sorry that's just way too slow. It'll come down to who has better health/resists or does more damage. How can you even miss someone moving at 50/50?

Ark
29-11-03, 18:58
maby they should actualy make the cap 70/70 instead of it kinda being 70/70

KramerTheWeird
29-11-03, 21:48
SD, I think you're referring to my post. I said that someone with 100/100 runspeed can appear as 50/50 on another's screen.

Mad_dude, don't use the ingame setting. Type "/set ctrl_mousefac [0.1-15.0]." The in game setting is at 2.0, and I got tired of that very fast. You have to type that command every time you play however for any sensitivity beyond 2.0, so setup an sms for it. It DOES NOT affect mouse sensitivity while shocked.

KRIMINAL99
29-11-03, 22:08
I fought this dude once that if you ran at max range from his weapon perpendicular to his line of sight randomly, he would still hit you with every shot. (and he was supposed to be "really good" on the server and hardly ever lost) Which would mean under normal circumstances his recticle could not be unattached to you for even a milisecond because it opens so fast and takes so long to close at that distance.

But for some reason if you ran up his butt and blasted him he couldn't hit you once... I haven't figured out why this would be yet but if you see this happening try running behind him.

I hope there isn't a way to modify your connection speed to give you an advantage in pvp... or heck.. if your computer can show someone stuck to the ceiling or something and you still can do damage to them up there by shooting them... then that means the client could be modified just to send the information that the person is constantly being hit... an even worse hack...

But then again I mostly only have seen these bugs in Neofrag. Maybe this is only something that is possible to do in neofrag.

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 00:30
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
SD, I think you're referring to my post. I said that someone with 100/100 runspeed can appear as 50/50 on another's screen.

What? In reference to what? I was referring to Mad_dude's comment about making the cap 50/50. That would suck!

J. Folsom
30-11-03, 00:33
What? In reference to what? I was referring to Mad_dude's comment about making the cap 50/50. That would suck! Depends on how you look at it; assuming he meant that 50/50 would be equal to the current 70/70, then it'd just mean more free dex and con points for everyone. Though I can't say whether he actually meant that. :P

Shadow Dancer
30-11-03, 00:36
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Depends on how you look at it; assuming he meant that 50/50 would be equal to the current 70/70, then it'd just mean more free dex and con points for everyone. Though I can't say whether he actually meant that. :P

Good point. Maybe he'll clarify.