PDA

View Full Version : Tank PA change

KimmyG
28-11-03, 22:59
I think they should make freeze less effective against PA.

Also more so than that make tank PA like a really weak shelter somewhere in the area 10-15%. Tanks problem is with the primest setup you can only drop your dmg taken to a point. After you have hit that resist cap the only way to lower it is with a shelter. Tanks have all those con points and all that armour and preety much it means jack shit.

Best a tank will take from a CS is 60-70 you cant do anything more after that. After a year of tank work that is the best dmg I can drop it to. I have managed to cap HP and have fair poisin resist and runspeed in the setup. But all that armour and resists point and a tank is nowhere near the master of resist and hp like a tank should be.

Psycho_Soldier
29-11-03, 00:11
Originally posted by KimmyG
I think they should make freeze less effective against PA.

I think freeze shouldn't work at all.

Best a tank will take from a CS is 60-70 you cant do anything more after that.

I would love to see this. You are talking about headshot all hitting of course? Best I have seen is around 85 (this is after several tries making sure all hit).

KimmyG
29-11-03, 00:18
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
I would love to see this. You are talking about headshot all hitting of course? Best I have seen is around 85 (this is after several tries making sure all hit).

Well thats what I got my tank down to.

Shadow Dancer
29-11-03, 00:19

From fire and x-ray CS?

IF you did do that, then damn that's pretty f*ing good.

KimmyG
29-11-03, 00:21
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
From fire and x-ray CS?

IF you did do that, then damn that's pretty f*ing good.

Both of course

Oath
29-11-03, 00:24

yup, its possible to lower it a little further, but that invloves drugs, tanks + drugs = BAD MKAY!

And no, PA should not negate any forms of paraspam.

Youd have to give it to every PA, ergo negating paraspam, and making a spell useless, pissing off every ppu, and making it 'less fun' for anyone else.

paraspam needs toned down not removed or negated, thats why we have 'antishock' spells and drugs mkay.

Psycho_Soldier
29-11-03, 00:28
Originally posted by Oath
pissing off every ppu, and making it 'less fun' for anyone else.

YA! Because Paraspam doesn't ruin fun and doesn't piss people off. [/sarcasm]

KimmyG
29-11-03, 01:18
And no, PA should not negate any forms of paraspam.

Youd have to give it to every PA,

I forgot the pussy factor sorry.

Oath
29-11-03, 01:25
I forgot the pussy factor sorry.

*sigh*

If that was an attack at me then it was uncalled for.

I dont like your idea so im a pussy, sorry, but i'd clean your clock anyday of the week on gods green earth, but thats besides the point.

We are given drugs and spells to negate parashock, but you want PA to negate it also..........

tank pa already IS a weak shelter, it gives energy armor.

Think before you act dude, your attitude is wrong and wont win you any support.

KimmyG
29-11-03, 01:29
I dont like your idea so im a pussy, sorry, but i'd clean your clock anyday of the week on gods green earth, but thats besides the point.

We are given drugs and spells to negate parashock, but you want PA to negate it also..........

tank pa already IS a weak shelter, it gives energy armor.

Think before you act dude, your attitude is wrong and wont win you any support.

It has nothing to do with not like the idea it has to do with give it to everyone dont like it fine but it is then everyone should get it attiude that sucks.

its gives enr it is a weak shelter that statment right there shows you have no fucking clue what your talking about.

Danae
29-11-03, 01:35
Keep it civil or this thread gets closed, and I get angry. You don't want to see me angry, I'm scarier than all of you :p

Oath
29-11-03, 01:45
It has nothing to do with not like the idea it has to do with give it to everyone dont like it fine but it is then everyone should get it attiude that sucks.

its gives enr it is a weak shelter that statment right there shows you have no fucking clue what your talking about.

Ok, your showing how petty you are now, if you know me you know im one of the most experienced tank players left in neocron, i know what tanks need, i know what tanks have, the problem is when people appear and suddenly decide OMFG TANKS ARE GHEY GIVE US A FORM OF SHELTER, you claim to have got your resists to a point where your taking damage comparible to that of mine, for the record, i take less, and i pop almost every drug ingame, i use my tank for duelling only now, surely you realise that giving tanks any more armor will unbalance things further? the ONLY reason a PE can beat me is because of his shelter, even then it takes a good PE, giving me any new shelters / armor with the same effects of *true* shelter makes us stronger, why bother, with the stamina decrease on tanks with the next patch we are BALANCED as a class.

To say i have no clue what im saying is like telling the pope he
has no clue on religion, im not a great tank, probably not even a good one, sad fact is i know more than most, i know my weaknesses and strengths.

And FYI shelter reduces Energy, fire and xray, so yes tank PA IS a shelter of sorts, you wont have gotten your resists anywhere near mine with pure energy armor so please think things through.

If you give tanks an ARMOR that Reduces parashock, whats going to happen to PE's, or SPY's Or APU's, oh wait, this is jsut a case of RESTORE TANKOCRON, i spose you'd like the tank runspeed nerf negated also?

If it was needed it WOULD have happened, next time think things through before you post and dont be so quick to judge.

KimmyG
29-11-03, 01:58
I have played a tank since day one of north american retail. Spent hours apon hours on the con setup. So I think I know a little bit about what im talking about.

Armour will take you so far and so will resists, but at a certain point you cant do much better.

I haven't seen anyone take less than 60-65 only heard talk of it on the forum.

Oath
29-11-03, 02:07
I have played a tank since day one of north american retail. Spent hours apon hours on the con setup. So I think I know a little bit about what im talking about.

Armour will take you so far and so will resists, but at a certain point you cant do much better.

I haven't seen anyone take less than 60-65 only heard talk of it on the forum.

Exactly,

thanks for keeping it nice :D

my tank with drugs caps all resists to 114 *with drugs* capped bodyhealth *with drugs* and moves like shit on a stick*again drugs*, if your on uranus Dm me and i'll show you, if not theres no other way to prove it.

Giving any sort of shelter effect would further reduce that damage, capped health and say mebbe 50 damage with a *crappy* shelter how long does it take to kill that tank, in comparison with a PE with shelter, give the tank the PE level shelter he's even harder to kill, give him a PPU level shield and he becomes almost godlike.

I respect the idea, but it causes too many imbalances to work.

KimmyG
29-11-03, 02:09
my tank with drugs caps all resists to 114 *with drugs* capped bodyhealth *with drugs* and moves like shit on a stick*again drugs*, if your on uranus Dm me and i'll show you, if not theres no other way to prove it.

My tank without drugs the only think I would need to drug for is to up his speed. Sorry dont play uranus.