PDA

View Full Version : Well due to this bug i lost all my rare spells :(

MrHolland
28-11-03, 22:48
Someone from my clan (BIOTECH) told me that shooting enemy faction guards in their HQ was good xp.

SO i went with them to tangent and shot a guard (didn't even kill him). BAM i loose soullight so bad i went to -18.

Then i went outside because they hurt to much...
I ran around neocron with -18 SL without a worry in the world.. copbots didn't shoot me so i thought all was fine.. then suddenly i get pk'ed by players and my belt looted. When asking what was up they said i was red blablabla. Ok so here went my first few items (including PA3, chaos queen flameavalange 3 slotted capped and a attack chip).

After that i kept getting killed but didn't know by what (i guess copbots?). SO i went to plaza1 to see who was around.. got owned by copbots without even seeing them (let alone see them shoot/yell/run). And because i was red, my items were looted these included:
holy firestorm 1 slotted almost capped stats
holy thunderstorm 2 slotted capped stats
holy antibuff
holy energy barrel 4 slotted capped
holy energy beam 2 slotted.

So to make things short; i lost all that i have worked for in a few minutes, and not even due to my own fault, but presumably because of some bug.

How was it i lost SL that way and my clanmates didn't?

After that i heard in plaza1 others were also having faction problems; ppl had another faction showing up above their head and/or in the F6 menu & seeing other factions as enemies which it shouldn't.

Anyway i worked so hard for those items the past time and i really don't feel like playing anymore now and maybe i'll even cancell my game. To bad it had to run like this, but maybe there is something the support team can do for me. Who knows,

i sure hope so.

BlackDove
28-11-03, 22:55
You went to the city with that SL?

Congrats.

Keiron
28-11-03, 22:57
What faction is the character that shot the guards?

Oath
28-11-03, 22:58
more fool you.

If you lost SL due ot bug surely youre smart enough not to even TRY going to plaza.

Nm.

You dont lose SL for faction GUARDS, did you barrel / AOE the place?

L0KI
28-11-03, 23:03
Originally posted by MrHolland
Someone from my clan (BIOTECH) told me that shooting enemy faction guards in their HQ was good xp.

SO i went with them to tangent and shot a guard (didn't even kill him). BAM i loose soullight so bad i went to -18.

I ran around neocron with -18 SL without a worry in the world.. copbots didn't shoot me so i thought all was fine.. then suddenly i get pk'ed by players and my belt looted. When asking what was up they said i was red blablabla. Ok so here went my first few items (including PA3, chaos queen flameavalange 3 slotted capped and a attack chip).

After that i kept getting killed but didn't know by what (i guess copbots?). SO i went to plaza1 to see who was around.. got owned by copbots without even seeing them (let alone see them shoot/yell/run). And because i was red, my items were looted these included:
holy antibuff

So to make things short; i lost all that i have worked for in a few minutes, and not even due to my own fault, but presumably because of some bug.

How was it i lost SL that way and my clanmates didn't?

After that i heard in plaza1 others were also having faction problems; ppl had another faction showing up above their head and/or in the F6 menu & seeing other factions as enemies which it shouldn't.

Anyway i worked so hard for those items the past time and i really don't feel like playing anymore now and maybe i'll even cancell my game. To bad it had to run like this, but maybe there is something the support team can do for me. Who knows,

i sure hope so.

I know the bug you're on about, i had it myself, however, when i hit -18 SL, i called a PPU m8, and GRd to my MB appa to plant my items in cabs and do missions with my storebought blacksun i have in reserve.

i can imagine how stressed u r.
What server you on dude?

If Uranus, gimme a shout and ill be able to hook you up with 50% of those items. Consider it a favour. If not Uranus, then good luck :(

LuCiD
28-11-03, 23:04
his character is supposed to be Biotech, I was there in TT earlier and I ran in and started shooting every npc in the HQ and I didn't lose any SL at all...sympathy...lots of sympathy...but not SL

L0KI
28-11-03, 23:06
so which server? Im serious about the items. I got more APU shite on Uranus than i can store in my appa!

Cyphor
29-11-03, 00:12

Were you barreling? You most likely killed a npc not a gaurd.

I ran around neocron with -18 SL without a worry in the world.. copbots didn't shoot me so i thought all was fine.. then suddenly i get pk'ed by players and my belt looted.

When asking what was up they said i was red blablabla. Ok so here went my first few items (including PA3, chaos queen flameavalange 3 slotted capped and a attack chip).

Why did you go somewhere you could be killed with that stuff when you knew you were red :confused:

holy antibuff

And why re-equip multiple rares after you had already lost some good stuff :confused:

Unfortunatly i doubt KK can do anything as you should have known the risks when your sl went -18 and stashed your stuff in a gogo, when you had free reign of the city.
If you didn't know then its been a hard way to find out :(

El_MUERkO
29-11-03, 05:18
unlucky that u should loose SL from enemy faction guards but when that happens GR straight to your app and work out where your going to work of your SL, plenty of twats from your own faction will PK u for your stuff never mind enemy factions.

extract
29-11-03, 05:20
unfortunately if KK can do anything about it, they had better prepare for the onslaught of 100k claimers who lost shit due to inventory swap bugs......

I feel youre pain, but the general consensus is right here, you shouldve never even gone near anywhere in the city except to youre apartment.....

Zeraith
29-11-03, 06:00
Losing stuff due to bugs or just by some stupid mistake really get's ppl mad, like me.

I'm sorry for you.

greploco
29-11-03, 06:32
best of luck

your story is a bit of a mix - but some valid item replacement / reimbursement might be in order here

people who are commited to the game enough to accumulate that amount of good stuff should have to be razed and penalizaed in such a fashion

I'm sympathetic because the same exact thing did happen to me and I lost SL when I should not have

I was just lucky that I was in a fairly empty area when left the faction headquarters - Plaza 4 - and since I play on saturn I had an alternate hacker char that could go in and reclaim the belt

You know --- when you are following the rules you don't expect a SL loss. it's not until the copbots are raping you that you realize somethign is totally flockerd.

and yes, copbots can kill you with no line of sight

good luck man

LuCiD
29-11-03, 07:29
yeah the reason he took his other spells out was he was trying to figure out what he had left that wasn't lost, and he just forgot to put them back when he left

extract
29-11-03, 07:40
Originally posted by LuCiD
yeah the reason he took his other spells out was he was trying to figure out what he had left that wasn't lost, and he just forgot to put them back when he left

lol then thats not a bug, thats forgetfullness
fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

LuCiD
29-11-03, 07:46
that's not the bug part:)

[TgR]KILLER
29-11-03, 07:53
he's on pluto.. in erm.. HE and yes he's biotech.. i'v hunted with him a few times ( since he's dutch we could talk good ;) )

kinda crappy to lose SL killing TT as being Bio.. and don't blaim him for going into P1 etc he prob din't know what do it.. and copbots din't kill him before.. as he said... don't know what fucked it up..

i got a queen ava around somewere i think but thats about it :/

NeoChick
29-11-03, 08:01
It is totally beyond my understanding that you would be running around with basically ALL of your rare weapons on you?????
And by the sounds of it you don't have any spare ones?

That is a bit crazy.

The SL thingy may be a bug but you did not loose your stuff through a bug but out of your own making. You have minus SL and are red. Yet you keep all of your stuff on you and run around Plaza?

Spectra260
29-11-03, 09:14
sorry but....wtf are you thinking even ATTEMPTING to run around the city with -18 SL for...

even if they didnt shoot you the first time you shoulda of instantly went to your APT and put ALL the shit u cant afford to replace away.

yea its a dumb bug...but still dude, you coulda easily prevented it from happening...

MrHolland
29-11-03, 15:10
I'm still kind of new to this game. I 've had -12 SL before from killing someone who i hit for 12 damage (who got owned by a mob later). And with the -12 SL i was able to walk around in plaza without a prob. How could i know -18 would be the limmit of getting red? :( *shrugs*.

And when i went to plaza, i knew there weren't any copbots near the plaza1 apts (in front of crytons). But hey.. i still got owned there without seeing them. How could i've known they could shoot trough walls? Or entire buildings for that matter.

Furion
29-11-03, 15:19
if you are biotech you will not lose SL for killing ANYTHING inside the tangent HQ. ive done it several times to raise my sympathies, so its definetely a bug.

MrHolland
29-11-03, 15:20
I think it was a GM who told me now that if you shoot a guard and someone else kills it you might loose SL.

deac
29-11-03, 15:25
hawr hawr sucks too be j00011112!

well really why the fuck didnt you gr home? and dont complain about multiple rares sine you should only carry one outside op zones....

G.0.D.
29-11-03, 18:47
Errrm wait lemmy get this straight...
You had negative 18 SL so you went into plaza 1?

errr uhhh. thats like asking to be shot :P

g0rt
29-11-03, 19:30
soullight ruins another gamers experiance.

huraww!

remove it.

El Barto
30-11-03, 03:42
I see no bug, just you being stupid, with minus 18 SL you do not wonder round safe zone, even if they aren't shooting you, you should run to a GR and go to ur app or MB/TH with only one importent thing with u (in slot 1) and get ur SL up. I don't eally see any bugs, you got ganked while having minus 18 SL and lost shit loads, like your ment to and cop bots shot you, like they are ment to, and just cos they didn't shoot you at first doesn't mean you should depend on it.

_THINK _ next time.

G.0.D.
30-11-03, 03:46
you dont get a single safe slot at neg 18 sl.

Kimiko
30-11-03, 04:30
The bugs are a problem, but newbies complaining about things they dont even KNOW about can really get peoples backs up. Another vote for proper inductions?

(The use of "Newbie" here is perfectly appropriate - if he doesn't know about the SL, then he can be classed as a newbie, and by his own admission he is new. This is not meant in any way to be a derogatory comment)

Ghard
30-11-03, 04:39
the nc piggies can shoot through objects such as doors but only once they have seen u i.e if they dont see u canse the door is closed then they wont shoot u. however if u gr to plazza 1 (the main nc trading area at typherials memorial or something) and instantly die to cops its cause one is standing inside the piller on the left as u leave (his gun is in the gr area allowing him to see all who gr in and therfore kill all who gr in

rob444
30-11-03, 04:55
I wouldnt carry around all rares on me, that would be, ehm weird, in op wars I could of course but not all the time and especially not in a faction hq raid. I have never been hit by this bug, maybe there is another story behind it? (pked to much maybe?)

boone
30-11-03, 05:01
we've talked in-game some times before holland, contact me and we'll see what i can help you with, got a part or two that might help..

Shakari
30-11-03, 05:18
Originally posted by El Barto
I see no bug, just you being stupid, with minus 18 SL you do not wonder round safe zone, even if they aren't shooting you, you should run to a GR and go to ur app or MB/TH with only one importent thing with u (in slot 1) and get ur SL up. I don't eally see any bugs, you got ganked while having minus 18 SL and lost shit loads, like your ment to and cop bots shot you, like they are ment to, and just cos they didn't shoot you at first doesn't mean you should depend on it.

_THINK _ next time.

um barto he has said he didn't know the negative sl limit :( but carrying so many rares round is like asking for trouble.. in furture never carry around what ur not preparted to lose or can't replace its a good bit of advice :)

G.0.D.
30-11-03, 09:36
Originally posted by Kimiko
The bugs are a problem, but newbies complaining about things they dont even KNOW about can really get peoples backs up. Another vote for proper inductions?

(The use of "Newbie" here is perfectly appropriate - if he doesn't know about the SL, then he can be classed as a newbie, and by his own admission he is new. This is not meant in any way to be a derogatory comment)

Dang kimiko thats the most polite flame I have ever seen!

[don't spam plz]

^lol

ermmm

yeah....

wolfwood
30-11-03, 09:46

and not even due to my own fault

wow, did they force you to go to the hq?? did they force you to shoot the gaurds...??

Answer: !!!NO!!!! its your own fault for doing what you did and you have to be prepared for the consequences. Plain and simple as that.

necrocon
30-11-03, 13:00
Holland is a noob and does not know about many things or that he will stir up a nest or anything else so leave him the fuck alone

he did not know people would be able to full loot him or that he would even be shot

necrocon
30-11-03, 13:13
The prob he is having is that as Biotech we dont lose SI for killing ANY NPC inside of TT HQ I know I kill them all the time. Kill the girls behind the desk the random guys for armor and little mission stuff all the guys in the rooms and the head dude

I never lose SI and I am 100 biotech Sympathy now a few -98s but thats ok lol

necrocon
30-11-03, 14:59
For my clan it was over looked to tell him about it since he never had negative Sl it was a mistake on his part for not knowing about it. Dont think it talks about full loot in the destruction manual.

Is he stupid I dont think so how was he supposed to know that would happen if he was never told. to drop a rare is a pain but all of them that sucks a lot

But as Biotech is strong a clan related by faction to us gave all of them back free of charge that is faction loyalty

HE Brotherhood

NeoChick
01-12-03, 07:00
For a noob he had a heck of a lot of rare weapons, and on him for that matter

I am not a noob but my PSI has never owned all of those rare spells

MrHolland
01-12-03, 09:43
Well lol it's true. i've only been playing a week or 3. I hunted allot of wb's.

evs
01-12-03, 11:45
Live and Learn - it's all you can do.

If you make a mistake in real life you dont suddenly start shouting at the heavens asking for god to put it right (though some people still do....)

Just suck it up.
You made several mistakes and it cost you.

You didnt really lose that much, and being on pluto it will be easy to get all that back.

A week from now you could have all that back and more, and be a more wise person for it.

To be honest, makes me wonder how you accumulated so much with such newbie knowledge.

Read these forums and use them - you will learn far more here than you will in game.

Good luck to you - if you really get stuck, direct evs and i'll see what i can do for you.

Surfer
01-12-03, 13:46
I feel sorry for you loosing all that, but...
its only one thing i dont understand.
I know that there is many people that powerlevel their chars and i know that you can level pretty fast, but i cant understand how the hell someone can call a APU that uses all those rares a newbie??

Ok, i have only played this game from beta 4 but i think that when you reached "nearly" capped (as you need to be using all those rares) i imagine you should know that much about SL that you dont carry everything around...

I dont think that youre stupid at all, but i doubt it really happened.. ;-)

Edit: Oops someone already stated my point (it seems i dont read everything that good LOL).
But still you say you got that high level by hunting WBs for 3 weeks?? LOL

/Surfer

LTA
01-12-03, 14:22
Originally posted by Surfer
II know that there is many people that powerlevel their chars and i know that you can level pretty fast, but i cant understand how the hell someone can call a APU that uses all those rares a newbie??

/Surfer

When all someone knows how to do is level.... do you really think using rares is hard..
Level in 1 zone, ask for next hard zone move on till your high enough to use the wep.

when i started out all i knew was how to level and that thgere was better weps about, i didn't even get anything about sl and item loss on death etc till i started gettin pk'd a-lot at higher levels.
Just because he has a set of rares dosent mean he's some kinda NC Pro Player......
O and huntin wbs for 3 weeks i'd say it would take you high enough, once you start to hit around 80 base the imps and pa start doing the rest.....

As far as sl games the whole system of it is still creased and needs ironing properly or removing with just "Good, Bad, Evil" or something, don't even think the evil peeps should have a chance to redeem em selves, just kos to the law forever, item loss should be the same on everyone etc....

MrHolland
01-12-03, 19:28
well no i got those rares from hunting wb's. My skillz came from that cute little queen of mine called the Flame Chaos Queen and her cave. I live there you know. BARRELZZZ!!!

Anyway due to this great community i actually got my original spels back!