PDA

View Full Version : Speaker popping noise

Spazym
28-11-03, 21:36
this is the only game that does it....i have a extremely loud popping noise comming from my left speaker....using and audigy 2...bout to download and reisntall the drivers but as i said Neocron is the only game doing it and I know its not good for my speakers...seems to happen only when im around bugs and stuff like outside in mc5 or in the sewers...any fix for this aside from turning off the sound?

Nexxy
28-11-03, 21:37
OMG i thought i was the only one...i get almost the exact same noises. To fix it i changed the mode on my speakers to stereoX2. I still get sound fuck ups though, like random ones where random crackling noises start splurting out...

Spazym
28-11-03, 21:42
wtf is sterox2?

dammit i hate to go with only 2 speakers...love my surround sound

retr0n
28-11-03, 22:09
i get that thing also, DAMN annoying... usually get it when i'm in
pepper park & say 2 copbots are shooting while 3 or 4 monks are casting
spells... then all hell breaks loose, i hit my monitor as hard as i can, kick my pc, press reboot and go for a smoke :D

//Radium

Nexxy
28-11-03, 22:09
Ive got little buttons on one of my speakers to change mode. Surround made the noise for me too. Stereox2 will still use all 4 speakers theyll just act like 2.

Spazym
28-11-03, 22:18
ah well nuthin seems to help and its driving me crazy specially since one of my hobbies is speaker building and i know that popping like that causes damage

Spazym
28-11-03, 23:15
turned down sound accerleration 3 notches...seems to be workin fine so far plus i havent hear the random crap yet either

Lathuc
29-11-03, 00:43
well my soundblaster live has been doing something similar to that since beta3 when someone is casting spells ( lots of them atleast ) and its mostly energy spells that do that

Spazym
29-11-03, 23:07
not a single pop with the sound acceleration turned down(pretty mush useless feature anyways) so i think im good to go

Kimiko
29-11-03, 23:37
Only since I returned in the last month to NC have I had any sound problems - crackling sounds on spells etc sometimes, seems to be a random occurrance. But before this, (Beta4 and start of retail) I had no problems - yet everyone I mentioned it to said they always had the problem. Weird.

I havnt had any distinct popping sounds, its just like the sound becomes distorted.

Ghard
30-11-03, 04:56
Originally posted by Spazym
ah well nuthin seems to help and its driving me crazy specially since one of my hobbies is speaker building and i know that popping like that causes damage

dam i knew my last set of speakers didnt just majicaly stop workin must be the year and a half or so of nc thats broke em ah well

rob444
30-11-03, 04:59
I had these noises and they were terrible, I used my headphones and these popping noises occurs and hurts like hell in your ears. I got a Soundblaster Live! card and I fixed it by downloading the latest soundcard drivers at soundblasters website. Good luck :)

EDIT: Neocron wasnt the only game causing these lovely sounds, Splinter Cell was even worse, geez...