PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced with Terragen?

Maarten
28-11-03, 20:17
I am working on a new game with a friend of mine and we are looking for a level artist. We've decided that Terragen is capable of generating the kind of terrain we need, but none of us is experienced enough with the program (yet).
I could work with Terragen and learn more about it and probably make everything we need myself, but since our team is so small, we prefer someone else could help us out on this one.
The game we are making is a top-down arcade shooter (same genre as Raptor: Call of the shadows) but with extensive multiplayer support and an advanced AI system.

Anyone interested in helping us? :)
You will get your name in the credits of the game of course... :)

Terragen site:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen

Sanch0s
28-11-03, 20:24
Nah, but good luck id love to see the finnished product, im stil messing with Valve Hammer Editor i wanna eventually make lvls and possibly a mod:)

I find that confusing and im stil shit at Photoshop :(

Nexxy
28-11-03, 20:25
Ive done some mapping and stuff before but never used terragen, ill download it and see if the interface is similar to anything else ive used...

Maarten
28-11-03, 20:45
Terragen has a very user-friendly interface. It is possible to create a decent landscape with a couple of mouse clicks. But if you want to create something better then decent, you might want to study the online tutorials... :)

FirestarXL
28-11-03, 20:57
I made a map (http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~tamec/Maps/TA/archive_cgi/prepform.cgi?ID=3109&REVIEWER=DGoReck&Action=ShowReview) for Total Annihilation using Terragen - but that was a long time ago... Fun though! :D

Eddie
28-11-03, 21:52
Originally posted by Maarten The game we are making is a top-down arcade shooter (same genre as Raptor: Call of the shadows) but with extensive multiplayer support and an advanced AI system.

Oh my god! I'm suprised someone mentioned that old classic :D

Love to see end result as I loved that game!

Eddie

{MD}GeistDamnit
28-11-03, 22:26
I use teragen to generate grayscale bitmaps for my ut2003 heightmaps.

I know how to use it ok, if I wasent busy on a mod for ut2003/4 I would love to help you.

it's pretty easy to learn how to use it so I dont think you will have trouble finding someone. good luck man ;)

Maarten
30-11-03, 22:09
Well, I'd be happy to keep this community informed about the progress, but it would be nice to have some more people on the team first... :)