PDA

View Full Version : For all those monks out there

Comie
28-11-03, 17:23
something i was thinkning about when i read Shadow dancers post... had to blink a few times and re-read it to make sure that it wasnt written in jest tho (:D ). Anyways i digress a little. this thread is for all those monks and pls only monks that have been playing monks for more than 2 months post here (no offense to yu others that have just started monks but the longer yu played monks the more yu understand yur own class)

Ok the question.
Nerf my monk? or dont nerf my monk?
- remember its MY monk, so if yur APU dont comment upon PPU's and vice verca, just comment on yur OWN monk... pls post below Yes or No and what yu think should be nerfed and what shouldnt and how.... and from there we should get a good demographic of what ppl feel is out balanced

and i ask in advance pls lets not let this thread fall into a slagging match and or flames its yur monk yur commenting about no one else's thanx

Syntax-Error
28-11-03, 17:25
As i have played both id say

APU - no problem i see

PPU - i REALLY like the idea of making shelter and deflect self cast only.

Comie
28-11-03, 17:26
i would of started but i was beaten to it... i just prest send onthe main body.... Damn yu SE :p
ok im an APU on Pluto

yes nerf my monk

(from SD post)
-range pls nerf
-RoF pls tweak (105 on HL is a little overpowered hence tweak)
-LoS on certian spells - esp. some of the rares

phunqe
28-11-03, 17:26
Make the psi gauntlet give antifreeze+1 or something.

So all who pvp (since all have the glove in), cannot be freezed but it will still works for pvm.

I'm a PPU.

hinch
28-11-03, 17:28
not really nerf any of them

boost other classes
give apus some form of healing or make medikits work usefully
make psi boosters instant again or make sta boosters rechargers like psi boosters are
lower hybrid nerf to 25%
make distinction between a capped spell and a 300% spell ALOT more noticiable.
reduce range on ALL beam based weapons
reduce mana use for holy cath sanctum

reddog
28-11-03, 17:31
PPU - Remove the para beam effect in pvp and for pvm keep it as it is just like to hunt chasers that way

Lathuc
28-11-03, 17:31
i hafta agree with hinch on that one and im an apu monk on pluto

solling
28-11-03, 17:34
well i have an apu and i have a friends ppu i play often so

APU range needs to be nerfed i can take out almost everyone(but ppus) if i have the distance cuz i can hit em from half a map away up close they are balanced i belive

PPUs hmm the parashock is one of the most hated spells in this game and i understand why that needs to be taken away and maybee nerf shelters on the ppu down to like 75% of current ? and ressurect needs to be slowed down or better yet haver like 5 -10 % impairment when u are ressurected , that will prevent peops form being ressed and immediatly get a S and heal and be back in the game i mean i cant think of anything more annoying then fighting a clan that have lliek 5 ppus u fight em they ress and u get to kill their attacked like 6 times each so frekking annoying (i know we do this ourselves and i still would not mind a impairment upon ress)

JustIn_Case
28-11-03, 17:36
OK here i go: (both PPU and APU since ive play(ed) both).

APU:
Nerf HL slighty and boost Fire + poison.
Boost PSI Attack big time (force dmg).

PPU:
Remove parashock.
Make resurection almost impossible during combat (or make some remove deadbody tool or something).
Make high TL spells override low TL.

Yes, this will make PPUs even harder to kill, but is that a problem?
The problem is when the PPU keeps rezzing and rezzing all the time.

Mumblyfish
28-11-03, 17:39
Hybrid. No, don't nerf MY monk.

Hybrids are fine.

bounty
28-11-03, 17:40
I'm a ppu on pluto.

for my class.

Remove damage done by all PPU based weapons minus the soul cluster.

Remove Holy Paralysis, BUT let ppus runcast. That would make things interesting.

Give us a rare soul cluster that is actually worth a crap for leveling.

Have power armor give negative RC and PC.

Thats about all I can think of now.

Reducing shelters and deflectors and heals is a bad idea, being able to survive against fairly uneven odds is the only justifiable reward i get for being a ppu. Take away that freedom and its not a very attractive class anymore. Doing this would just make being a ppu 100% support then. and couldn't leave a safezone without anyone else.

JustIn_Case
28-11-03, 17:50
Originally posted by bounty

Remove Holy Paralysis, BUT let ppus runcast. That would make things interesting.

Had the runcasting on my mind to, but then i think a heal nerf or something is needed for balancing

Give us a rare soul cluster that is actually worth a crap for leveling.

Yes please. And SC with an IQ > 5.

Have power armor give negative RC and PC.

100% agree

Nexxy
28-11-03, 17:57

PPUs can runcast =P

Elric
28-11-03, 18:00

Reducing shelters and deflectors and heals is a bad idea, being able to survive against fairly uneven odds is the only justifiable reward i get for being a ppu. Take away that freedom and its not a very attractive class anymore. Doing this would just make being a ppu 100% support then. and couldn't leave a safezone without anyone else.

sorry to go off topic slightly. And no I wasnt a monk (apart from in beta, and things changed alot since then)

Doesnt the written role of a PPU say its supposed to be a 100% support class?

apologies again if I drag off topic slightly, just curious as to you PPU monk's opinion on this.

Original monk
28-11-03, 18:01
bullshitthread: yet another hidden nerf the ppumonkthread, no problem you say ? yes it is: its boring like fuck after the 5467st nerf the pputhreads...

to answer youre question: nerf my monk ? let KK do wathever they like, as long as they dont forget that loads of people left (again) after the last hybridnerf ...

btw i have a ppu, and 3 apu's and soon an extra hybrid and an extra apu, so dont tell me: youre a ppu, its logically you think this is bull 8|

For the rest: about this line: and i ask in advance pls lets not let this thread fall into a slagging match and or flames its yur monk yur commenting about no one else's thanx .

---> about peoples own monks ? about nerf PPu's yeah

----> dont let this fall into a slagging match ? again bullshit: youre thread has nothing constructive to tell, so neither do I

Its again the same whining that im hearing for about 6 freaking months now, go look for the nerf the pputhread (the used to be sticky) and go post youre marvelous idea's in there okie ?

cu later and enjoy playing the game, whining about PPUmonks (again) and posting (usefull/less) threads ...

is it obvious that im not that happy today ? and this thread sure doesnt help improve happyness :/

Scikar
28-11-03, 19:04
Have played both, APU to high level and still play, no longer have PPU.

APU range is too long, but it's being sorted on test anyway. Otherwise no real problems. Psi Boosters could recharge mana faster, but don't make them instant again.

PPU ideally I would say reduce effectiveness of Holy and Blessed shields, remove parashock, but allow PPUs to runcast everything except rez. That way PPUs aren't too vulnerable, but they can't rez in combat. In practice though it probably wouldn't work if everyone concentrating on taking the PPUs down first of all in a fight.

Hybrids don't need anything.

Candaman
28-11-03, 19:32
Hmm well i have a apu and ppu and have had for about 6 months lets see

APU:

Nerf range
Dmg from HL
Decrease RoF on Beams except FA cus thats shit RoF already
Poison Beam is fine but a rare would be nice
Make foriegn cast heals work same as shelters and cast at 50% dmg

PPU:
Make para the same effect as being shocked by a Mauler and reduce RoF and Range
Nerf Rez Times slightly maybe 6 or 7/min not 5
I like the -rc and -pc for the PA
Remove dmg from all para spells beam/HP/barrel
Make foriegn cast heals work same as shelters and cast at 50% dmg
Override lower TL spells with Higher TL spells but if the same TL can't over ride other wise u'd see a permanent heal

Thinks thats about it oh and nerf da spy!!!

vokuhila
28-11-03, 20:43
nerf my ppu!
make shelters/defis selfcast only and nerf teh parashock!

g0rt
28-11-03, 20:44
shelt/def = self cast only

parashock = gone or at least made barely usable .... aka 150power and 21/min max freq

VVerevvolf
28-11-03, 20:54
*can't await the death of monkocron and the endless whining threads from all those players who don't wanna loose their 'uber-class'* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cruzbroker
28-11-03, 21:04
APU I am

Nerf range, nerf damage (maybe), I like the rof.

Super Mario
28-11-03, 21:35
Well i have an APU and a PPU

APU nerf the range on spells
maybe change the RoF on some as well

PPU maybe get rid of para but dont nerf any of the other spells because lets say for example the rez gets nerfed what you gonna do in a chaos cave if ya die and the ppu cant rez you because it takes forever and he/she cant get to you as it's in the middle of a group of mobs, think about it a ppu cant really attack and whats the use of just running around healing yourself it would just make it pointless haveing a ppu at all

so to some up really APU's have there weaknesses as much as other classes as a couple of shots and there down

but nerf anything from a ppu (except maybe para) and you might as well get rid of the ppu altogether as they will just be useless.

Spectra260
28-11-03, 22:05
since ive played both for over 2 months, ill say something for both:p

APU - range is already getting nerfed, and i think they should either REMOVE random damage -OR- make it a 'tighter' randomness, by raising the lowest possible number of damage and lowering the highest possibility

i think that should be about it for APU's...

PPU - they need to make it so if your getting shot by like 3+ people, you CANNOT rez someone. i think they also need to maybe...reduce the power of capped holy shelter a little bit...

PPU's are suppose to be almost godlike, since they have no offence (which isnt really all that true anyways) they are suppose to have great defence. the opposite goes for APU, BUT, i dont care what anyone says, an APU's offence is no where near as equal to a PPU's defence. so they need to just adjust it to where if theres 3 people on a PPU, he will die.

thats pretty much all i think,

OH WAIT HOW DID I FORGET?

PARASPAM = OUT OF GAME = MOST IMPORTANT PPU FIX (remember im a PPU too, and i think it should be removed)

Zu (Pluto)
28-11-03, 22:07
I'm an APU on Pluto.

The only complaint I have really is how random the damage is. Because the random range is so high, you can quite often luck out and hit amazingly hard for a couple of shots. This just seem to utter vape anyone that's not a PPU.

I feel that the random range needs to be tightened (i.e. less extreme high/low). Not really a nerf, I guess, but if it is only a slight one.

I can't comment on range. I never seem to have enough, but then again I didn't spend everything into Psi Use. If they are going to nerf range, I hope they remember people with less Psi Use than tha capped extreme combat examples.

Zu

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 22:14
Played all three, here's my THIZZOUGHTS!

APU-Reduce range significantly. Lower the ceiling for random damage for Hl, or remove random damage altogether. "fix" fire spells. Make poison spell damage more front loaded, and make shelter work against it. Alternatively, instead of messing with damage on energy spells, just take out random damage FFS. This whole overpowered mess started with random damage.

PPU-DIE DIE. I mean........Make shields self cast. Make Parashock PvM only. If shields aren't being self-cast, then make it so that ppus can't res underfire. Alternatively, remove HAB and give every class an anti-shelter or deflector.

Hybrid-Restrict hybrids from holy buffs and reduce the hybrid penalty.

These are just off te top.

Spex
29-11-03, 03:11
playing a PPU for about 2 months atm, which is not really focused on "PvP" combat though (played several different monk types in beta4).

Make deflector/shelter selfcast. I wonder if you guys mean this serious. Wtf is a PPU then good for? Healing and Rezzing? lol

Decrease power of shelter. No way. Get lost :p If you want to kick an PPU, get a bullet weapon or grab some APU. I have been killed several times already and I truly have to wonder who created this myth of the godlike PPU. But maybe that just fits to capped PPU monks which have specialized on combat.

Nerf the holy parashock. Well, I think they should rework *all* freezer style weaponary, that includes the melee, pistols, rifles, cannons and spells.

Rezzing: Instead of nerfing the PPU, nerf these who died and give them SI after rez. Yes, I know this has impact on leveling as well, but it really solves the problem in OP-fights. And then I remember the rez spell working that way back in beta4 ... I wonder who cried for the non-SI after rez ...

extract
29-11-03, 05:51
Ive played both, and got an almost totally capped PPU atm.....

and I cant say that either class is overpowered by themselves....

with my APU i did good dmg, but it was nothing unholy in fact Id laugh my ass off if a capped tank or PE said they got owned by a non buffed APU 1v1 because thats not overpowered my friend its just you suck

my PPU and most others at my lvl are really just based for teaming with someone...I have no purpose whatsoever wandering around alone....its funny tho I mean that some people honeslty think that we just go around pking people alone.....fisrt off yes its possible, that is if youre stupid enuf to stick around and let us DB and para you to death because you think youre gonna somehow kill us on a 1v1 basis..again thats not overpowered, its just youre stupid

but then again i speak on 1v1 scenarios, and its blatenly obvious that most of you speak on a APU & PPU team scenario.....which is in fact a whole other story together

hnlecter
29-11-03, 06:32
So... with ppus and self cast only do they just sit there and heal? PPUs are not ment to be killed 1on1. MC5 chips make the ones you see so powerful, their mana pool can increase by about 100 or so and casting speeds through the roof.

extract
29-11-03, 07:17
Originally posted by hnlecter
So... with ppus and self cast only do they just sit there and heal? PPUs are not ment to be killed 1on1. MC5 chips make the ones you see so powerful, their mana pool can increase by about 100 or so and casting speeds through the roof.

not really, I dont know too many monks who will keep a experimental psi controller 3 after they get a DS...they get theyre -5 STR back and theyre -20 FOR

and a exp3 give same PSU and PPW as a DS