PDA

View Full Version : Gaya Mine is the NEW n00b levelling spot!

Mumblyfish
28-11-03, 14:47
Bring your 0/2 melee spy down, and bust out the stilletto, because Gaya Mine is now for pussies!

Okay, I'm exaggerating, but what the hell?

I last went down to Gaya Mine about 6-7 months ago, on my rifle spy, Scrivener. Now, it was hard. As nails. We had a PPU, but we still died like crazy due to the barrage of S.T.O.R.M. lasers down Mining 2.

Fast forward to today. I was about to go levelling off TG guards (tee hee) when I noticed the entrance to Gaya 2. Then I remembered all the good times, and noted that with holy shelter I should be able to make it. I don't hack, so I wasn't really planning on getting anything out of it, apart from the same good time I got all those years ago.

Reset position to the start of Mining 1, and go exploring. There's a new NPC there (for the Crahn PA4), and he tells me of the mass slaughter and armies of bots here. Joy! Fun! Happy! Fun! Fun! I take his advice, buff up, and continue.

There were 2 Renegade Copbots and 2 Crazed Copbots on Mining 1. Nevermind, the second zone was where the fun was at, and the place reeks atmosphere, so at least it wasn't a waste of time.

Mining 2. Scoured everywhere. 1 Crazed Copbot, 2 Renegade Copbots, 1 Tachylitium Warbot (epic, I assume). What the? What happened to all the crazy mobs, and the boss at the end? So I do a second run through both levels. Exactly the same spawn. Bugger.

In summary, I'm disappointed. Gaya is now not worth visiting AT ALL. Warbots are better for mid-level players, everything is better for the high-levels. And there's no boss mob, which means no nice loot. Is this just a cockup, or was it really toned down?

Oh, and a few suggestions. Dead bodies, please. Remember Proto lab? That still creeps me out. Some of those bodies PILED around the command console in Mining 1 would be sweet. What if the bodies frequently spawned diaries of the Gaya disaster? Even better, what if, at the end, there was a quest to run which would involve fixing Gaya with the help of CityAdmin (since it isn't fixed because nobody has escaped alive).

Something like that would be nice, since obviously levelling there is stupid.

Make Gaya Useful in 2003.

Dribble Joy
28-11-03, 14:52
I missed the storyline concerning the Gaya 'accident'.
What happened.
(and I thought that there was the lvl 120 bezerk Storm bot in gaya, or is that in the no. 3?)

phunqe
28-11-03, 14:52
The Gaya mines have a very cool atmosphere... Half-Lifeish :D

God, I remember the first time I saw the Tacholythium WarBot... lol I was like "OMG TEH NEW GLOVE 111!!555.. OMG MY BLOOD PRESSURE"

:p

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 14:53
Originally posted by phunqe
The Gaya mines have a very cool atmosphere... Half-Lifeish :D

God, I remember the first time I saw the Tacholythium WarBot... lol I was like "OMG TEH NEW GLOVE 111!!555.. OMG MY BLOOD PRESSURE"

:p

:lol:

Oh man, :p

I really wish there were more boss mobs in this game.

Mumblyfish
28-11-03, 14:55
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
(and I thought that there was the lvl 120 bezerk Storm bot in gaya, or is that in the no. 3?)

There's no Mining 3 from what I can tell. Unless if memory serves, it's empty.

But yes, there used to be S.T.O.R.M.s that were 120/120 in Gaya. Quite a few of them, I think. Definately one on each level at least. But now they've disappeared, leaving only one or two of the weakest ones scattered about.

And for the story... head down Gaya and ask the guy at the base of the level 1 ladder :D

Would be nice if they did something with that...

Dribble Joy
28-11-03, 14:56
So what mob drops the S.T.O.R.M. lasers?

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 14:56
Their should be a portal at the "heart" of gaya mine, that leads to another mini world with no grs or stuff. It could several cool zones, a few caves, maybe some special vendors or whatnot.

That would be c00l.

amfest
28-11-03, 14:57
heh . why don't you be one shadow dancer .. go stand at the end of the mine with a few rares

The most powerful APU EVER!

Mumblyfish
28-11-03, 14:57
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
So what mob drops the S.T.O.R.M. lasers?

None now. Unless I just got VERY unlucky, and the S.T.O.R.M.s do actually spawn, just not all the time.

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 15:02
Originally posted by amfest
heh . why don't you be one shadow dancer .. go stand at the end of the mine with a few rares

LOL

Maybe Mumbly could be the mob, he's the overpowered hybrid. :eek:

j/k :p

Pi-Oh-Pah
28-11-03, 15:02
I went there last month and saw a few renegade CopBots then 1 that looked like a mad CopBot - then a 120/120 Storm of some sort spawned behind meh :(

phunqe
28-11-03, 15:06
Originally posted by amfest

lol, with a nice NPC rank as well.. like 50/50 :p

Also, you need to venture on a special quest to recieve the rare, of which I dare to think about.

;)

yes, I r love you too Shadow :p

EDIT: Lol... hahaha... I can see it before me... you punch Shadow a little and out come these spawned mobs (like maulers) called "NERFERATOR 120/120 ***"

Sorry Shadow, I'm tired and I want to go home ;)

jernau
28-11-03, 15:26
A month ago just after the patch that improved the drop quality on boss-mobs and supposedly introduced the Strange Books I went down there and killed about 100 mal-STORMS.

There should be two down there - one in the hut at the end and one in the pit between mine A and mine B.

Mumblyfish
28-11-03, 15:29
Just done a third run through. One more Renegade Copbot on level 1, but still no S.T.O.R.M.s... arses...

jernau
28-11-03, 15:39
Maybe the spawn got broken in the last patch somehow?

Or maybe there's some kind of exploit and they have removed them as a quick fix?

Are they missing on all servers?

I guess this means my 3 cabs of slottie STORM lasers might be worth something now.....

Nippa
28-11-03, 15:48
The stormbot`s still do spawn go to level 2 .. And go in the room where the hole is . He is on the walk way above u half the time .. Level 3 he is still there where the wb spawn`s he is in the building there .. have fun

Pi-Oh-Pah
28-11-03, 15:51
Yup thats where I died

1 fell down the hole so I peeked down and then Blam - Im dead and see a Stormie sexxing my body :rolleyes:

JustIn_Case
28-11-03, 15:53
Yes, he can only be found in the room with the hole in the floor. Can be reached both from ent A and B i think.

Mumblyfish
28-11-03, 15:56
My mistake, I was just VERY damned unlucky.

FIFTH run through, one Stormy right where he should be. In the hole. With two other 100/100 Copbots. Sexing my barrels.

Sex sex sex!

Edit: My point still remains - make Gaya a good storyline place please ;)

Barak
28-11-03, 15:59
what is the actual story line for thos of us too lazy to run all the fekkin way out there :p

//Ring\\
29-11-03, 16:09
if i recall the gaya mines have always been like that.. insane exp in beta i must say.. insane..

man i miss beta so bad :(
stormie dude is still there, haha thats where i soloed my first 120/120 mob, aside from the small house sized hovering biatches

make gaya a storyline event, and if anyone knows what that 'gaya accident' thing is plz tell me, i wanna know gaya was always a special place, its like the most atmospheric place in all of nc ;)
i was completely loading my pants the first time i went there, it reminded me of the first time i played halflife and those annoying crabs jumped at me from behind that crate

Shakari
29-11-03, 16:17
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
There's no Mining 3 from what I can tell. Unless if memory serves, it's empty.

But yes, there used to be S.T.O.R.M.s that were 120/120 in Gaya. Quite a few of them, I think. Definately one on each level at least. But now they've disappeared, leaving only one or two of the weakest ones scattered about.

And for the story... head down Gaya and ask the guy at the base of the level 1 ladder :D

Would be nice if they did something with that...

NO they have not disappeared lol

there in the G13 gaya entrance u know the one with 1 room :D

got a couple of nice 3 slot storm lasers from there :D:D with a team i was with

there is only 1 tho and this was before the last patch... unless they got nerfed on the last patch :(

QuantumDelta
29-11-03, 21:31
Two Stormies in Gaya Mine's on Uranus.

One in a room with a hole in the roof (floor from my perspective entering F13) and one further on down with the warbitie.

The reason the storm bots have become several billion times easier, is because now they can't exploit the health bounce kill bug :p

//Ring\\
30-11-03, 17:48
lol didnt u just hate that?
fortunately it worked opposite when jumping from high places.. at least for me :P

man its been ages since i fought the tach warbie.. dam basterd looks angry in those dark wet caves.. :rolleyes: