PDA

View Full Version : Warbot AI changed?

Archeus
28-11-03, 09:16
I was at racetrack and I attacked a warbot that was on its own with nothing close to it to trigger an all out attack.

Within 20 seconds it looked like half the zone was after me. I counted (not including the original warbot) 3 warbots, a warbot titan, one of those metal puppies, a mad copbot and two spider bots.

It happened more then once although that was the biggest one that did happen.

LVirus
28-11-03, 09:43
"You fuck with me, you fuck with my family" (C) Random Warbot @ Racetrack :p

It's cool thou if they do it. I know Copbots does that in PP1 when you shoot one, all of them PLUS all Tsunami guards comes after you. Luckily there is a way to escape that thou :eek: :o :D

Wallen
28-11-03, 09:54
Wow, when I attack a WB, seems like everything in the zone EXCEPT the WB (both others and the one I'm shooting, lol) comes after me.

CrazyMan
28-11-03, 10:18
urm weird...nothing changed to me!

...saw warbot, kill WB in like 20 seconds :D hack WB, get rare parts and other goodies :lol:

...been doing that a lot last night on both uranus and saturn... and never saw a change in WB behaviour, still old dumb WBies :rolleyes:

Zanathos
28-11-03, 18:19
IF you attack a mob too close to other mobs, the other mobs get angry and come after you. I dont know if other mobs close to the other mobs that get angry also get angry and come after you.

Basically you attack a bee, and the others will want revenge.

I've had 3 warbots, 2 warbot titans, 1 small spider bot, 2 spider bots, 2 cyberhounds, 1 cyber guard, 1 mad copbot all come after me cause I wanted to kill da poor warbot.

I got a screenie of it somewhere....

1 Warbot is no challange for my Pluto PE, 2 warbots requires some moments of cover, 3 requires cover or me a dead PE.

Still need to get enough PSI to get my damage boost... then the warbots will drop like flies :)

It also depends on the combo of the warbots after me.

Spy<VS>Spy
28-11-03, 18:51
Final fantasy has the same thing, only its a bit more...senciable. certain enemy's are what we call linkable. when attack that target will call out an alarm for a specific radius, some are larger then others. if anouther mob is in range and it is also linkable to come to the aid of that specific monster it will join the attack.

Not only that but it can also have a chain effect linking, which means, once anouther mob is alerted it ALSO sends out an alert to others around it, which causes them to alert ect ect...it certain dungeons this has lead to some pretty funny if not slightly sad rapings.

though its rather typical of MMPOGS these days, i can assume neocron has somewhat...similar script. genrally however, with an exception to maybe droms, everything is agressive and wants to kill you anyways.

Zanathos
28-11-03, 18:58
which final fantasy game?

Sundiver
29-11-03, 00:59
Yeah which one? Am playing FF X these days, all I do is stumble upon the (usually) very same groups of mobs every couple seconds. Getting tiresome. FF VII was so much better than this. Let's just say I enjoy SSX 3 and Devil May Cry 2 a lot more ATM.

shodanjr_gr
29-11-03, 01:06
Hehehe, in DAOC these are called BAF mobs (Bring a Friend)

:-P

Eddie
29-11-03, 01:26
Originally posted by Zanathos
which final fantasy game?

I think he's talking about the Final Fantasy MMO? (whichever number that may be)

Eddie

Morris
29-11-03, 02:10
Sometime I just get what I assume to be errors in the AI's distance or line-of-sight checks. I'll attack a mob nearby and something much farther away (often a cyberdog, but sometimes other things) will come after me -- even though the mobs in between don't seem to have noticed me.

Rade
29-11-03, 02:12
Originally posted by CrazyMan
urm weird...nothing changed to me!

...saw warbot, kill WB in like 20 seconds :D hack WB, get rare parts and other goodies :lol:

...been doing that a lot last night on both uranus and saturn... and never saw a change in WB behaviour, still old dumb WBies :rolleyes:

Poor APUs they are so hard to PvM with.

sowwy couldnt resist :D

LuCiD
29-11-03, 07:33
hehe at gabanium i was fighting a titan and 2 more titans, a spiderbot, a couple of fire spitting things, and a drom spawned right next to me...in the space on 10 seconds...spy hurted...

//Ring\\
29-11-03, 16:25
lol, i bet ur gonna be more careful next time u go wank ur fav warbie arnet ya?

dam things got some nasty tricks up their hard titan asses 0.o