PDA

View Full Version : Loot Drop at offpeak times question

NeoChick
28-11-03, 02:16
Why is it that in the period (I guess it is ‘off peak) around 9 am GMT and 12 noon GMT which is peak time for us in Australia, i.e. evening hours, the mobs hardly spawn at all and the ones you get do not carry tech parts?
I can go and kill 9 grims and 5 Dooms and all the other stuff like Hoppers and Raptors over a period of say 2-3 hours and end up with perhaps one L tech part.

It is very discouraging to battle to kill a grim only to find that it has a lot of rubbish on it like battlearmor etc., next one….same thing, next one…..same thing

Also in that timeframe the main thing that spawns in fire mob areas seem to be grims and hardly anything else, wherever I look there are bunches of grims. No way can you take on three or four grims at the same time as a solo person.

I also find it is the same with WB. In that time period the WB all carry rubbish, no tech parts.

PS have to check my time, I may have the time wrong, anyway it is between 5.00 pm and 10 pm Australian time
Can’t understand, has that something to do with the programming, that in that period a backup takes place or something that changes things in the game?

Anybody know?

robinitnow
28-11-03, 03:44
I found the same at the MB bunker exsept that drops were the same there.

Psycho Killa
28-11-03, 03:47
I think it may have to do with the amount of people logged into the game/ in the zone your in though i could very well be wrong.

Torteth
28-11-03, 05:05
I've certainly noticed this as well. I'm Australian and when I play in my normal times, I get really shonky loot. Yet when I play in the server peak time (ie I'm doing an all nighter...) I get pretty awesome loot... It doesnt seem to be coincidence...

Lanigav
28-11-03, 05:10
Its the same for me. I almost always play at non-peak times, and my loot is generally shit. Only when players come on do I start getting anything decent, along with decent spawns.

For chrissake KK, make the mobs drop and spawn the same regardless of player count. >_<

Mirco
28-11-03, 05:24
Noticed the same thing when Im on pluto when there is around 50 people on. I never hunt around those times anymore.

juvestar15
28-11-03, 05:25
I convinced myself it was my bad luck. I'm Aussie too and i got about 7 mil PSI XP in F_13 at about 5am GMT to about 10am GMT. I got 4 parts. I killed 22 doomreapers in a row and no rares. The only time i got those 4 was when i killed a chaser/persecutor. Two of my mates were in F-13 for a whole day and they got 70 rares, they are Swedish so it was peak time.

From personal experience, terror raptors drop the best loot for me.

If it's a player count issue or somethig like that i'll be pretty pissed off.

[SP]Ostrich
28-11-03, 05:27
would be really shitty, 'cos i barely ever play anywhere near peak times :(

juvestar15
28-11-03, 05:30
Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
would be really shitty, 'cos i barely ever play anywhere near peak times :(

I have no life and still i dont play at peak times. I think 3 times i've pulled an all nighter to play at peak times. It's like 3am to 9am for us.

btw Ost i need some shit on Saturn, hook me up. Jonno owes me some shit too. :D

nova
28-11-03, 05:52
I have noticed this also I play mostly between 12am-2am EST -5gmt.
I am from the US and if it based on player count that is pretty lame. I would really like to know why it would be based on player count tho. Only reason I can think of would be that if there is more people on then the drop would have to be higher cause more people "might" be hunting so then when player count is low the drop would have to be lower or it "might" make it unfair cause it would be posable to get a lot of loot.

Well I think that made no senseO_o dam turkey makes ya sleepy:o

I think KK needs to respond to this

wun
28-11-03, 06:02
Originally posted by juvestar15
Jonno owes me some shit too. :D

hahaha he said jonno... god how aussie is that??.. where's wazza, muzza and davo...

lmao...

greploco
28-11-03, 06:21
>> I think it may have to do with the amount of people
>> logged into the game/ in the zone your in though i
>> could very well be wrong.

I've suspected this as well, whether it's intentional or not on the coders part this does seem to have an effect, more people in zone, better loot

NeoChick
28-11-03, 08:32
Not only is the loot drop terrible, but it is not even good for levelling. Have just managed to get off work early and played for an hour and everything is empty, no mobs. I killed the one grim I could find and a hopper and that was it. Nothing is spawning.

It really sucks because does that mean Australians can go jump in the lake, who cares if they enjoy the game so why are we Australians buying this game

other MMORPG's don't seem to have this problem - so what are you, KK, going to do about it?

LVirus
28-11-03, 08:42
Because no GM or DEV has come here to deny this, it must be true. Sad for me too because I play off-peak times when US players are one (Most of players are from US, I think). I am from EET (+2 GTM) so all nighter and I can be there with 200'ish players (Pluto).

Perhaps KK made this because they didn't wnat to give unfair advantage to those who plays in server where is only few players. You know, like going to clean up whole server with 10 people while noone else is online :)

NeoChick
28-11-03, 08:47
But if they want server numbers they must give people a reason to want to play. It is a viscious circle really.
They wont get numbers if people dont want to play, and people will not want to play if there is nothing to kill or to do, you can only do epics that long....

I do not believe it is an unfair advantage, because after all, the stuff does not just drop, you have to battle to kill it, and if there are a lot of mobs and only one player, it is all the harder with more attacking you, and then you deserve at least decent loot

So if NC is 'tailored' for US and European public, then they probably not need to bother to market or sell it to the Pacific-Asia regions at all and we Australians will look elsewhere for our entertainment, because we cannot constantly take off work, pull all nighters etc

juvestar15
28-11-03, 09:39
Something else i noticed. The hurlers in OZ only respawn if i leave the zone. At night they respawn without me re-zoning. Night being when more people are on.

Stupid little fact that is. :D

Crest
28-11-03, 09:42
Do what I call zone clensing.
Kill everything, spider bots, little brown star thingies .... everything. This stimulates the area and causes spawns.

This has worked time and again for me.

Then you get more WB's = more chance of rares.

NeoChick
28-11-03, 12:06
It seems very illogical that KK want more people to play this game but a lot of people would drop out of this game because they run through empty dungeons and stuff because they happen to play at a time when it is not 'peak' hour.

And for the few mobs that you do find, that they don't have decent loot but only crap is even worse.

And it is not only Australians that are affected, but also people in the US and Europe who may work nightshift and are on at off peak times, or like playing after midnight their time, or early in the morning

I love this game but am getting pretty sick and tired of searching forever to find mobs in empty areas all round, and if I do find something like a grim chaser and spend time killing the thing and everything else that spawns with it, all the loot I get is some pieces of crappy armor, bone, and weaponmods............that's crap
or you kill a few Doomies after you ran from area to area and all five of them have absolute crap as loot

QuantumDelta
28-11-03, 12:19
lol, odd, all my favourite hunting spots spawn at that time quite well, and, that time of the morning(here) gives the best loot I found....

Rieper
28-11-03, 12:23
*sigh* you lose at the rugby, you lose at the tech spawn... WILL NOTHING GO RIGHT?!?! :p

NeoChick
28-11-03, 12:40
Yea........as long as we don't loose our 'go Aussie go' spirit she'll be right mate

pood
28-11-03, 12:48
loot is random your just very unlucky, i level around mb or cycrow for 45 min and i can normally get 8/15 techs no problem, tbh loot is better at off peak because of more mobs and less people

numb
28-11-03, 12:51
I always used to get the impression that the number of spawns in relative to the number of people in the zone (or maybe the time difference between respawns).

A few people have said in the past about this 'zone cleaning' crest has mentioned, but I'm not sure if that is correct either.

Apparently (from what I've read on here in the past) Jupiter's MC5 has so many more mobs than other servers like Pluto's or even Saturns - possibly to do with the amount of players either in MC5 or actually on the server.

I dont have a clue about how the loot tables are effected. Perhaps there are just less mobs all over the world, and the tech parts are distributed between them evenly - so maybe until you start actually looting those parts, it may be more difficult for new tech parts to appear.

Crest
28-11-03, 13:15
Illustarate Zone Clensing.....
You go into Aggies and see 2 captains .... you leave them ... no one else goes in 1 hour later go back and 2 captains. There are limits on the number of mobs in a area, so when 1 dies another is spawned.

Kill aggies captain and either another comes or a preacher or something else.

Right now there are aggies waiting to die so that more may come...We are giving life to them....

Now many people in an area means more Mobs dying, means more turnaround....

Sometimes they spawns as flies, others as wb'...

Clean the zone and see if it makes a difference.

I have done this many times...get to K_01 and no WB's... Kill everyithing in sight and all of a sudden I can find warbots.....

Wellard
28-11-03, 14:42
I used to take my apu to F08, so that he could hide in the little house for shelter when things got too rough.

If I went there with the rest of the clan I'm in (TFC) and the warbies weren't coming out to play, we used to just "farm" (thats what we used to call it) the area, killing everything that spawned, cyberguards, houndbots, spider sentrys, even mechturtles.
Hang round for 5 mins or so and BANG massive spawn, but it was random as to what spawned, mostly it was warbies, titans or fire mobs, but it sometimes was the higher lvl spider bots.

This "zone clearing" definately works :D

I got a screenie somewhere of a warbie picnic, where 2 titans and 2 warbies spawned in the same place, in a nice area between 2 hills and some trees, all standing together, looking like a family outing! :p

It was a massacre!

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 14:45
I play offpeak hours and the loot is freaking fantastic. I have the whole zone to my apu usually. And I plow through grims like a knife through butter, and I get tons of tech parts. Also, I kill every living thing in the zone. Scorpions, snakes, birds, 2/2 creepers or whatever. I'm not sure, but I think that helps the spawn.

Strych9
28-11-03, 15:36
I have always seen zones work like this.

A zone can only have X number of mobs in it at one time. I of course have no idea how that number is determined, but its there.

You enter a zone, and it will have X mobs. Everytime you kill a mob, one spawns somewhere else in the zone (or maybe back on top of you).

So in OZ, where the Hurlers spawn, you have to kill EVERYTHING- the scorpions, the mutants, the spiders, the dogs, etc. to keep the spawns going. In the OZ section with the two big garage style doors that have hurlers/butchees spawning behind them- next to Industrial Lab A- that is a great levelling spot, and I just run it on a circuit- enter one area from the top, go down and around, cross over to the other side, then around and back up. I kill everything I see, and I seldom have to wait for any spawns. And that is ANY time of the day, whether peak or not.

In the wastelands it seems to be the same- its just the areas are bigger, so there is more ground to cover. Always kill off the wolves and the vultures/buzzards (whatever they are called) you see, and it will keep the spawns coming.