PDA

View Full Version : Help mEEEEEEeh

Oath
27-11-03, 23:59
Ok........

:mad: <----- note the :mad: smiley.

Reinstalled Neocron after a re-format of my HDD,

installed it, began to patch it, asked me to restart and use the 'update launcher', i did that...........tells me again to use the 'update launcher' i click it again............

4 reinstalls later, and no joy..........if anyones encountered this tell me, cos i r gettin :mad:
:lol:

Thanks.

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 00:01
Did you DL the new launcher?

Oath
28-11-03, 00:03
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Did you DL the new launcher?

*smacks shadow*

Yeah sure did lol.

J. Folsom
28-11-03, 00:04
It's normal you ned to use the update launcher options a bunch of times throughout patching. So that's why re-installing doesn't fix it. :P

Anyway, just run the "Update Launcher" thing in the start menu every time it asks, will probably be needed a bunch of times though.

Oath
28-11-03, 00:07
Originally posted by J. Folsom
It's normal you ned to use the update launcher options a bunch of times throughout patching. So that's why re-installing doesn't fix it. :P

Anyway, just run the "Update Launcher" thing in the start menu every time it asks, will probably be needed a bunch of times though.

erm.......

*slaps folsom*

no, did that, thats why i posted..............

joo fear meh 1337 postcount i r no nubulareoanronaenor.

but yeah, again i knew that and did it, but the reason i posted is because THAT is giving me the same reply.

OpTi
28-11-03, 00:07
have you checked that the NC folder has completely gone? with all it's files.

I had a similer problem only it was trying to patch. During installation 1 of the files was corrupt and wasn't deleting properly so i had to get rid of it and makesure the whole folder was gone before trying to install again

Oath
28-11-03, 00:09
Originally posted by OpTi
have you checked that the NC folder has completely gone? with all it's files.

I had a similer problem only it was trying to patch. During installation 1 of the files was corrupt and wasn't deleting properly so i had to get rid of it and makesure the whole folder was gone before trying to install again

yeah i wiped the whole thing, both automatically and then manually to clear up the left over shit, but same things happening.

J. Folsom
28-11-03, 00:10
Originally posted by Oath
erm.......

*slaps folsom*

no, did that, thats why i posted..............

joo fear meh 1337 postcount i r no nubulareoanronaenor.

but yeah, again i knew that and did it, but the reason i posted is because THAT is giving me the same reply. *Highly scary suggestion ahead, try at the risk of wasting a few zillion hours*

You could try making use of the autoupdater instead of manually downloading the patches, might help.

--

As a side-note, you would not have been the first person with a 1337 postcount who didn't know about using the update launcher thing a buncha times. :P

Oath
28-11-03, 00:13
Originally posted by J. Folsom
*Highly scary suggestion ahead, try at the risk of wasting a few zillion hours*

You could try making use of the autoupdater instead of manually downloading the patches, might help.

--

As a side-note, you would not have been the first person with a 1337 postcount who didn't know about using the update launcher thing a buncha times. :P

Well...............im on 56k, theres no way im gonna re-download all the patches tonight, and as a side note, post count doesnt mean shit :D

Psyco Groupie
28-11-03, 00:16
I thought every square meter of glascow had cable ?!

try not updating your launcher .. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - nationalistic flaming ]

just remove 159 and the other small ones near 180

Oath
28-11-03, 00:17
Ok sorry for double post.

i found the problem,

for some strange unknown reason, when i patched neocorn it generated another neocronlauncher.exe, no-idea why its magically doing this, but its called _neocronlauncher.exe

wiping it fixes t3h shite, so.........

uber

close the thread o uber mods.

Nidhogg
28-11-03, 00:54
Closed at thread starter's request.

N

ElfinLord
28-11-03, 00:54
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
[ edited ]
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]