PDA

View Full Version : Why is Pluto becoming lame?

Shadow Dancer
27-11-03, 20:22
I can't believe it. It's like becoming a less populated saturn or something. Almost everyone has 1-3 alts, it's ridiculous. I wish there was some way for the 1 char rule to be enforced.

I'm tired of seeing Billy BoB and Bily Bob and Billy .Bob and 5 other alts of the same person.

"Hey dude it's me, this is my rifle spy RLOFLOZER".

I remmeber a long time ago asking for pluto to have a 2nd char slot, and I got flamed to hell and back. :rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
27-11-03, 20:30
just come to ur-anus .. at least they cant be on at the same time :D

Rieper
27-11-03, 20:50
lol, Slut has access to 9 accounts on Uranus :p :p

but i cant say im that bothered.. multiple accounts are needed when the population is so low. The pluto atmosphere is unique, which is why people dont move server.

Shadow Dancer
27-11-03, 20:51
Originally posted by Rieper
multiple accounts are needed when the population is so low.

True true.

Psychoninja
27-11-03, 20:55
Also when people want to try new things and cba to reroll =\

Candaman
27-11-03, 20:56
Man go back to saturn plz so tired of ur pointless moaning

Roc-a-fella
27-11-03, 20:58
HEY!!!!! THAT IS UN ACCEPTABLE, I DONT WANT ANY PUT DOWN ON THIS THREAD

-Sponsered by Roc-A-Fella

Judge
27-11-03, 20:58
Come to saturn dude.

Like pluto just with more people and you don't have to have loads of moneh to get extra accounts. :D

Berzerker
27-11-03, 21:05
It has not got that way, it's always been like that. Even the huge clans, some of there members had alt's. As we did in Legion. Really this one char server idea has always been a joke. Alt's are probly the only thing that is keeping those servers running.

Zanathos
27-11-03, 21:07
The one character server is an excellent idea. It filters out some of the "bad eggs" of the other servers. That and you will usually see the same people every day rather than you see one person one day and then you realize its the same person but on a different character the other day. It gets anoying to me sometimes.

Pluto is a more closly nit community.

Shadow Dancer
27-11-03, 21:15
Originally posted by Candaman
Man go back to saturn plz so tired of ur pointless moaning

Nope, i'll be playing on both servers. And if you're so tired of my moaning then put me on ignore. OR do you lack the intelligence to do that?

Originally posted by Berzerker
Really this one char server idea has always been a joke. Alt's are probly the only thing that is keeping those servers running.

I'm starting to agree with you.

Zanathos
27-11-03, 21:16
Are you serious?

A one character server is not a joke. Id rather play on Pluto then on Saturn and Uranus.

Shadow Dancer
27-11-03, 21:23
Originally posted by Zanathos
Are you serious?

A one character server is not a joke. Id rather play on Pluto then on Saturn and Uranus.

A one character server barely ever stays one character, especially in a game where specialization is shoved down our throats.

Zanathos
27-11-03, 21:27
Dont expect me to get another account any time soon, if ever.

Shadow Dancer
27-11-03, 21:28
hehe me neither. I like having one char. Monk.

Although, sometimes I wish that capped players could buy a special license that makes leveling much faster. It could be "one per char" or something. That way players who reroll or play again don't have to go through the same tedium as the first time.

Krll
27-11-03, 21:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I remmeber a long time ago asking for pluto to have a 2nd char slot, and I got flamed to hell and back. :rolleyes:

And it was my fault you got the flaming. I started the poll thread with a link to your idea, I seem to remember.

I'd now like to apologise, shake your hand, and admit that you were right all along.

Maybe we should start a new elitist clan... the one account only clan. ;)

-Krll

g0rt
27-11-03, 21:40
Lets face it, there aint enough content in this game for 1char server.

Thats why me and countless others have migrated from pluto to saturn. I went to Saturn in May of this year after being on pluto since the day it went retail.

1 char is boring. It gets old fast. I have no idea why people start second accounts when they play on Pluto to try something new. Waste of time and money.

Saturn > *

phunqe
27-11-03, 22:04
What do you mean?

*looks at the accounts phunqe[], phunqe^ and phunqe*

:angel: :D

SovKhan
27-11-03, 22:20
i rather like pluto, if you think its lame feel free not to come back, we do enjoy this game with or without you SD, and many have more fun not listening to someone who thinks hes the best at everything he does.

and if you try to say something like put me on ignore i wont because your rather funny to watch.

Dribble Joy
27-11-03, 22:20
Originally posted by g0rt
1 char is boring. It gets old fast. I have no idea why people start second accounts when they play on Pluto to try something new. Waste of time and money.

I been playing 1 char on uranus since NC went to retail.
I'm far from bored.

That said more content is needed.

I might move to Pluto, but I would still have to get all the kit I have on uranus and lvl con (shudders), that and my clan may be seeing a rebirth soon.

Shakari
27-11-03, 22:21
Originally posted by g0rt
Lets face it, there aint enough content in this game for 1char server.

Thats why me and countless others have migrated from pluto to saturn. I went to Saturn in May of this year after being on pluto since the day it went retail.

Saturn > *

I'll tell you why :D

started a spy on pluto on retail launch of the server, then stated 3 chars on saturn monk, tank and spy

near capped the monk also got the tank to mid lvl got board of needing insane amounts of cash to buy anything,

got 2nd account started a tank on pluto, oh look 1 mill can actually buy something...

not that i don't like the ppl on saturn on of my best online friends i met on saturn (we both play swg now although i am still as addicted to neo as ever) but for example my tank needs a marine and i have absolutle no chance of getting one on saturn because ppl want to trade not sell because money has little value

I got a marine on pluto in 3 days trading and buying

also i like at atmosphere on pluto seems different the other servers imo

g0rt
27-11-03, 22:22
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I been playing 1 char on uranus since NC went to retail.
I'm far from bored.

That said more content is needed.

I might move to Pluto, but I would still have to get all the kit I have on uranus and lvl con (shudders), that and my clan may be seeing a rebirth soon.

well the other 4.5 billion people in this world have much shorter attention spans

and you have played on saturn with other chars so GG

Stigmata
27-11-03, 22:30

level con ? your a pe right ?

go play a 100 max stat char then you will fucking shudder

Marx
27-11-03, 22:32
The only reason I have multiple accounts is...

So I know I'll have someone to research/repair/construct for me.

;)

Scikar
27-11-03, 22:49
Bad things about Pluto?

1) The "your reputation counts" bullshit.
2) The multiple accounts, which means it's basically a 4-char server for gullible people.
3) The fact that nobody on the entire server gives a damn about factions. Plutonians claim their server is the best for RP, yet allies fight allies, and allies team up with enemies against neutrals. At least on Saturn you know who's going to shoot you and who isn't.
4) The way the most powerful clans will blindly follow the biggest prick on the server, and go out of their way to fight wars in his name.
5) The low population.

Shakari
27-11-03, 22:50
Originally posted by Marx
The only reason I have multiple accounts is...

So I know I'll have someone to research/repair/construct for me.

;)

YEAH my spy does all that for me :D:D self reliance is great

J. Folsom
27-11-03, 22:52
Originally posted by Scikar
4) The way the most powerful clans will blindly follow the biggest prick on the server, and go out of their way to fight wars in his name. And people say CA is dead! :p

Shadow Dancer
27-11-03, 23:32
Originally posted by SovKhan

and if you try to say something like put me on ignore i wont because your rather funny to watch.

So you're just trolling?

i rather like pluto, if you think its lame feel free not to come back, we do enjoy this game with or without you SD,

That's nice, I couldn't care less if you enjoy the game or not.

and many have more fun not listening to someone who thinks hes the best at everything he does.

Right, I don't think i'm the best at everything I do. It's amazing the asanine comments people will say just because they disagree with my PPU position.

I also think it's funny that the people flaming me in this thread are ppus who can't handle a disagreement. :lol:

You guys give me so much attention, thanks. :lol:

ezza
27-11-03, 23:33
kinda funny really i have 2 account, and all my chars are on saturn, yet about 8 months ago when i got my second account i got flamed in a thread when i mentioned it, and now i look at peoples sigs that play pluto and some of the very people i took shit off are multi account people on the one char server.

bet those people will still say crap about people on saturn logging alts and shit.

Marx
27-11-03, 23:49
The fact that nobody on the entire server gives a damn about factions. Plutonians claim their server is the best for RP, yet allies fight allies, and allies team up with enemies against neutrals. At least on Saturn you know who's going to shoot you and who isn't

Dude, I think that makes things more lifelike.

Not everyone in an organization agrees with everything about their organization or its allies. Hence sects form.

Marx
27-11-03, 23:51
Most people I know on Pluto have multiple accounts because friends left.

Thats how I got mine.

Drake6k
27-11-03, 23:53
lol I've always had two accounts, Jack Drake and now Jack. Getting another one soon since its ONLY 5 BUCKS for the game and you get two weeks free. :D

sorry ;)

Rizzy
27-11-03, 23:53
People want to do something to keep them entertained. As time goes on and no real new stuff to do it is only natural people want to try another class and don't want to reroll. Like many people said, people on 1 char servers with multiple accounts are probably giving kk quite a significant part of their turnover.

SovKhan
27-11-03, 23:58
The most powerful APU EVER!

im sorry your right and im wrong sd.

Shadow Dancer
27-11-03, 23:59
Originally posted by Rizzy
People want to do something to keep them entertained. As time goes on and no real new stuff to do it is only natural people want to try another class and don't want to reroll. Like many people said, people on 1 char servers with multiple accounts are probably giving kk quite a significant part of their turnover.

Yea I was thinking about that. I bet KK gets alot of extra cash from Pluto and Jupiter. That's why I feel that they'll NEVER add more char slots to pluto and jupiter lol.

Things like pure tradeskiller or support only chars kinda conflict with 1 char servers.

im sorry your right and im wrong sd.

How does that translate to "thinks he's the best at everything he does"?

Most powerful and best are 2 different things.

And if you really take that statement seriously anyway........:rolleyes:

SovKhan
28-11-03, 00:03
lol because you cant be most powerfull in a game that has fixed stats on all the chips that you can use and cookie cutter setups. but apperntly you are so you must be right all the time.

.Cyl0n
28-11-03, 00:05
lol because you cant be most powerfull in a game that has fixed stats on all the chips that you can use and cookie cutter setups. but apperntly you are so you must be right all the time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

he said it .. HE SAID IT !!! :lol:

i agree :D

.cy

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 00:07
lol because you cant be most powerfull in a game that has fixed stats on all the chips that you can use and cookie cutter setups.

I know, which is why it's idiotic that you even take that title seriously.

Hey look, .cyl0n contributing nothing to a thread, SURPRISE! not..........

REMUS
28-11-03, 00:59
i have to say this thread is a pile of horse shit, i mean do you really think every player on pluto has an alt, i think not bunneh boy, there are about 10 people i know with more than one account, please PLEASE name 50 people with alts on pluto let alone the 200 that pluto caps at on average an average day.

I have to conceed the fact i have alts but im begining to wish i didnt useing different techniques and weapons on about 6 variations of char on the different servers has gimped my tank skills,

you are the king of useless spam shadow hehe :p thats not necceserally a bad thing but none the less ur teh spam kinGZ0rrr.

ALL THIS IS GOING TO TURN INTO IS SERVER BASHING WHOOP DEE FUCKING DOO

Artie
28-11-03, 01:27
Hmmmm......

Pluto is neccessarily a different server. it's got a few faults. namely population count, but Pluto is kinda the precurser to neptune, and therefore is almost the "guinea pig" server.

People like having one account, but people can get more. I'm against it, and the argument of "I wanted something more than just a pure tradeskiller" is ludicrus. You can be a almost tradeskiller + something else quite easy....but being a pure anything is your OWN DAMN fault. Those people that have six accounts should give me one..lol. :p Seriously though, Pluto has a way different feel than the other servers, some like it, some don't.

So be it, just don't flame it makes me sick.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]....It's silly he gets so much flak for that and yet he doesn't change it. Why? I suspect because of principle, but i could be wrong.

I suggest the maker of this thread close it simply because it will become a server bashing thread. Off i go play some mechcommander 2. Ta. ^_^ Peace SD

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 01:33
Originally posted by REMUS
i have to say this thread is a pile of horse shit, i mean do you really think every player on pluto has an alt,

I didn't say every player.

I have to conceed the fact i have alts

Surprise. :rolleyes:

you are the king of useless spam shadow hehe :p

How the hell is this spam? Do you see me talking about dead droms and sex with droms or swedish people or anime's latest crazy or how my cpu fan is TEH OVERHEAT or vacations or XXX mmorpg or some other OT shit? 9999999% of my threads are NC related. Trust me, I may have alot of posts but people like you and others are the real spammers.

Thanks Artie. Peace.

Scikar
28-11-03, 01:36
Originally posted by Marx
Dude, I think that makes things more lifelike.

Not everyone in an organization agrees with everything about their organization or its allies. Hence sects form.

There's a subtle difference between not agreeing with everything about your organisation, and completely ignoring it altogether.

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 01:37
Scikar, why did you say the "your reputation counts" thing is bullshit?

Scikar
28-11-03, 01:48
Because it doesn't. On Pluto you're supposed to be concerned about your actions, since you can't just relog to an alt, the things you do are supposed to have more of an effect. Which simply isn't true. I'm not going to name names, but I can think of several people who manage to do whatever the hell they want on Pluto and nobody seems to care. On Saturn I see separate communities, differing groups of people, whereas Pluto feels like one big mishmash with the same people running the show every time. I don't really know how else to explain it. :p

REMUS
28-11-03, 02:19
I didn't say every player.

Surprise. :rolleyes:

How the hell is this spam? Do you see me talking about dead droms and sex with droms or swedish people or anime's latest crazy or how my cpu fan is TEH OVERHEAT or vacations or XXX mmorpg or some other OT shit? 9999999% of my threads are NC related. Trust me, I may have alot of posts but people like you and others are the real spammers.

Thanks Artie. Peace.

jesus fucking christ shadow if i went back throught your 3000+ posts and counted all the one line answears that mean nothing and the one smiley fucking replys :rolleyes: ;) :confused: :mad: :D :o :eek: :p :) :cool: :( o_O :angel: 8| :lol:

and you implyed that most of pluto was using alts................ dude....................

"Almost everyone has 1-3 alts, it's ridiculous. I wish there was some way for the 1 char rule to be enforced."

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Scikar
Because it doesn't. On Pluto you're supposed to be concerned about your actions, since you can't just relog to an alt, the things you do are supposed to have more of an effect. Which simply isn't true. I'm not going to name names, but I can think of several people who manage to do whatever the hell they want on Pluto and nobody seems to care. On Saturn I see separate communities, differing groups of people, whereas Pluto feels like one big mishmash with the same people running the show every time. I don't really know how else to explain it. :p

WHOOP DEE FUCKIN DOOO SERVER BASHING

Duder
28-11-03, 02:24
Go to sleep Remus.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

REMUS
28-11-03, 02:26
sounds good to me, night duder. BTW who is that person in ur avatar?

Scikar
28-11-03, 02:27
WHOOP DEE FUCKIN DOOO SERVER BASHING

I'm sorry, I would like to retract my previous post. I love Pluto. It has no faults whatsoever. The low population is a figment of everyone's imagination. There are no assholes on Pluto. Everyone pays careful attention to the faction system, and I have never once been attacked without good reason. I feel it is very important that my reputation on Pluto is maintained, and I always consider the effects of my actions before taking part in major events. Also, Pluto is an excellent server for both RP and PvP.

Barak
28-11-03, 02:30
yeah Plutos gone.. well... Shite, I get more fun trying to pick my brains out of my head using a long tounge ant eater, half the reason i'm on my break is due to how boring, empty and lame the serves gone.

Odd i can't put my finger on what the major problem is ..

BTW SD Cannings Struggles with tying his laces .. so don't be suprised if he can't use the ignore button :P

hinch
28-11-03, 02:31
i dont find pluto that bad its just so under populated like uranus at least however on pluto there are still active battles etc unlike uranus.

and theres only one faction thats really really lame but we already know the answer to that one

El_MUERkO
28-11-03, 02:47
Pluto rulz!!!

http://www.pikesley.org/gfx/1337brigade.jpg

Mr Friendly
28-11-03, 02:49
I can't believe it. It's like becoming a less populated saturn or something. Almost everyone has 1-3 alts, it's ridiculous. I wish there was some way for the 1 char rule to be enforced.

I'm tired of seeing Billy BoB and Bily Bob and Billy .Bob and 5 other alts of the same person.

hrmmm i wonder who ur refering to....*cough* FF *cough* :D

Scikar
28-11-03, 02:52
Originally posted by Mr Friendly

Well done. Everyone else manages to at least not mention any names. But there's always one who has to start clan bashing, isn't there?

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 02:53
Originally posted by Mr Friendly

There's multiple alts in nearly every clan.

Hey Scikar I thought you were going to bed..............

-FN-
28-11-03, 03:25
1 Char Server > 4 Char Server

4 Chars removes the true value to uber constructors like Zai and researchers like Nivag on Pluto. 4 Chars fucks up politics because people put 1-2 of their alts in an enemy clan and spy away.

1 Server = 1 Identity = 1 Role = actualy Roleplay

But yes, Pluto has too many people with alts but it is because of the lull in population. However SD, take into account that today is Thanksgiving. Most schools, highschool and college, are on some sort of break for the week so the populations are probably lower than usual. I can think of 15 people off the top of my head who really aren't playing this week, including myself, who will be back in full force next week :)

<3 SD

Oath
28-11-03, 03:44
its coz im on pluto :(

Spectra260
28-11-03, 04:56
5 months ago is someone said saturn was better than pluto id laugh...

but now, like i said, its been getting to get....lame....because of all the alts.

and like ive said before, the only reason people now vote to not make pluto a 2 slot char server is because there alt(s) would become useless....

Wannabe
28-11-03, 07:09
*Sigh*

Was already wishing this wasn't turning from server bashing to clan bashing but I was too late.

So, why is FF mentioned everytime you need some clan for example? Why not SXR? System Shocks? Zerg?

I'm just wondering that if a person wants to have alt character, let's say in my case, two alts, it's a BAD and WRONG thing to do and I should go to saturn or uranus? With all the monks running around I have two spies. One builder (gets ready for incoming flames) and I also resurrected my old droner spy.

Either of the spies are PvP ready, the builder will never be atleast and the droner only after a looong time.

So that sticks me with only 1 PvP capable character.

Hopefully you can now understand why some people have alt chars :p if not, your spam will be directed to /dev/null

// Wannabe

hnlecter
28-11-03, 07:16
The reason people have alts it because it HURTS to own people so much. That is why I borrowed a PPU.

Wannabe
28-11-03, 07:19
Originally posted by hnlecter
The reason people have alts it because it HURTS to own people so much. That is why I borrowed a PPU.

Ever thought people might have alts for different kind of combat? Do you know HOW boring it is going only for op fights on a capped char? Atleast I got myself a low-level char to level instead of doing op wars for 6hrs a night every night.

// Wannabe

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 07:35
Originally posted by hnlecter

:confused:

I don't get it.

hnlecter
28-11-03, 07:48
I was implying my spy kicks ass with no sa.

LVirus
28-11-03, 09:00

Yeah, I miss those times too. I hate that everyone is having alt's in Pluto! It should have enforced 1 char server where you cannot log in with your alts and force people to be combat only because there is NO point to be a trade skill only in 1 char server. I want to ROLEPLAY with my ONLY CHAR there but nooo..

Beside, I think saturn got way more better politics. You see, RED = KOS. It dosent matter if you have your other char in that clan whos red to you and kills you in aggie cellars but your RED so you KOS. In pluto it pisses me off to see people from RED does not kill me but greet me and they want to TALK to me because they are my "friends". What is this bullshit? RED KOS RED KOS!! There cannot be friendships or over-faction KOS rules .. nono!!

Luckily in multichar servers, I don't need other players because my tank can fight, my ress bitch can research my rares and my const-repper does rest. Last slot is for my PPU. I got 1 dude clan so I can share cabs with my alts. Is there a way to turn Neocron to SP game? I love 4 char servers soo much.

Berzerker
28-11-03, 12:03
Good post Lvirus. Yeh that is the problem. Only a few hard core RP's would make do with just a trade skiller.

A few changes to the game have made one char servers very difficult to play on, without the alt.

There would be only a very few trade skillers on Pluto, if the one Char rule was enforced. An they would probly be in clans. Try getting a poke or any thing done at all, if no one had alts.

Mingerroo
28-11-03, 13:25
For those who know me I was a fairly Plutonian player. It was my favourite server when I played because I loved the atmosphere. I was fairly 'known' too, and trotted about helping newbs and such.

Well, yesterday I logged onto NC again to check it out. The Pluto population was shockingly low. I logged in and started a new character, a rifle PE. I went straight to aggie cellars.

Some guy, a tank, with a CS, spent three 4 shot blasts taking me down. For no reason. In the Aggie Cellar. So I logged off again, remembering why I quit in the first place.

Shame is that it is a vicious circle. The game really is dying. Less and less people are logging in. Rather than people trying to keep newbs by loving them and helping them, they gank them because they see no point in helping rescue a dying game.

Pluto has gone to shit in my opinion, my favourite server has lost any sign of RP, in-character-action, or general good-hearted love. It is just a case of, "oh, i have this uber character and nothing to do with it, Ill click at some newbs".

So thats it, what now? Let the game die? Or everyone move to one server? I don't really know or even care anymore, but the words that will resound in our heads soon if we don't do something are:

GAME OVER

Mingoo

Wannabe
28-11-03, 13:30
Originally posted by Mingerroo

GAME OVER

Mingoo

Woot? It's Mingoo! Don't think you remember me but atleast I remember you.

Yeah, that's not new for getting killed by much higher level players in Pluto nowadays. I think that's why we have so low number of new people 'cause much higher rankers attack them.

I've tried to do my share and made a new player happy by building him a 4 slotter ACR for him to level with. I think that guy almost proposed me :rolleyes:

Sad to see another known person leave :(

// Wannabe

phunqe
28-11-03, 13:40
I started out with a spy account.
This spring, I wanted to start a PPU monk, but I didn't want to get my almost capped spy go to waste, so I lommed him into an uber resser/repairer since it is much needed in every clan.
However, recently I created a new account to try out melee tanking. Not sure what I want to do yet. The tank is at /58 now and melee is really really fun.

I don't really count the spy account as a full time playing account anymore, since he's basically a drone. My PPU.. well don't know yet about him. Gotten him to 92/68 and I have a few INT lvls to go for complete cap. Logging him only for annoyance/fun now basically... and to hunt DoY bots with a clan spy (which has high enough rank to give me some precious INT xp ;))

By now, the most logged in time goes to my Tank (low tech melee rules, insane resists and speed :p).

I agree with the "my god can he quit switching chars already" perspective. I however, haven't done it a single time just to get even (i.e ONOZ you kill0r my char.. hawr hawr I r teh log my ubar char and kill you).
But sure, it's supposed to be a one char server. Just that if you have a capped character and want to try on something else, it hurts too much to delete it. Months and months of hunting and training...

My spy is very anonymous by now, hangs almost all the time in one spot for clan business et al.

El_MUERkO
28-11-03, 14:09
I'm sorry that there are losers out there PKing noobs but surely it cant get any easier, leave the LE in and sex the muppets that try to kill you while you level, the only negatives are clan related and till your **/30 (which takes no time at all to an experienced player) your no use to a clan anyway.

Xylaz
28-11-03, 14:23
alt chars (as well as multiple char servers) are for the weak...
plain and simple

although i have to admit multiple char servers are good for testing purposes, but i've always been playing one char in the end.

and just out of pure curiosity? Was pluto ever been (or might have been considered) role-playing server? i mean, EVER? I've been playing it for two months right now, had been playing for a month or so in beta and i've never saw any signs of role-playing there... well, except a few desperate individuals...

phunqe
28-11-03, 14:44
However... some poeple do have a job and cannot play 24/7. Therefore, when I want to create a new char I don't delete my old char.
The alternative would be quitting, since leveling chars all the time isn't viable for me.

Do you want another 3 accounts leaving?

Xylaz
28-11-03, 14:53
However... some poeple do have a job and cannot play 24/7. Therefore, when I want to create a new char I don't delete my old char.

yeah, me for example, i do have a job and can afford to play approx. 3-5 hours in a day (little more at weekends), but there are days when i cannot play at all. Still i've rerolled three times and find it PRETTY EASY for exp player, with additional cash and equipment you can lvl any char up to */50-something lvl within a week. Is it so hard?
No, it's funny and tbh it helped me to get rid of neo-boredom.

I won't argue, it's just my personal opinion but i won't change it, alt's ARE for the weak.

and if KK wants more people playing neo i'd suggest encourage them to play by adding more content. Even such critically bugged games as NC can be fun as hell when there is some content involved...

phunqe
28-11-03, 14:57
Sorry if I snarled... me wants to go home from work already;)

I've leveled 4 times now, and in the works leveling my melee tank. For me it's just that I cannot be bothered with cancelling I guess.. The extra cost don't bother me... Sure, from a RP point of view it's horrible to have multiple accounts... hmm, hence I might be teh lame :p

Oh well... I'll see how things turns out with DoY and all :)
I'm really starving for some decent RP.

El_MUERkO
28-11-03, 15:38
[Edited - Spam]

phunqe
28-11-03, 15:57
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
[edited for Consistency]

How the heck did you come by the surveillance tapes from the canyon??!!55

Zanathos
28-11-03, 18:00
Anyways.

I like Pluto, much more than Saturn or Uranus.

I dont plan to ever delete my Private Eye on that server.

I have yet to explore the world of Neocron which will be done with that character when I am finished with him.

Shakari
28-11-03, 18:10
Originally posted by Spectra260
5 months ago is someone said saturn was better than pluto id laugh...

but now, like i said, its been getting to get....lame....because of all the alts.

and like ive said before, the only reason people now vote to not make pluto a 2 slot char server is because there alt(s) would become useless....

no the alts would not become usless :D

cos i'd make an apu and rifle spy :D

Shakari
28-11-03, 18:13
Originally posted by Mingerroo
For those who know me I was a fairly Plutonian player. It was my favourite server when I played because I loved the atmosphere. I was fairly 'known' too, and trotted about helping newbs and such.

Well, yesterday I logged onto NC again to check it out. The Pluto population was shockingly low. I logged in and started a new character, a rifle PE. I went straight to aggie cellars.

Some guy, a tank, with a CS, spent three 4 shot blasts taking me down. For no reason. In the Aggie Cellar. So I logged off again, remembering why I quit in the first place.

Shame is that it is a vicious circle. The game really is dying. Less and less people are logging in. Rather than people trying to keep newbs by loving them and helping them, they gank them because they see no point in helping rescue a dying game.

Pluto has gone to shit in my opinion, my favourite server has lost any sign of RP, in-character-action, or general good-hearted love. It is just a case of, "oh, i have this uber character and nothing to do with it, Ill click at some newbs".

So thats it, what now? Let the game die? Or everyone move to one server? I don't really know or even care anymore, but the words that will resound in our heads soon if we don't do something are:

GAME OVER

Mingoo

damn dude u musta picked a bad moment I've not had that for a while and i also go helpin noobs lvl in the pits to :D:D