PDA

View Full Version : KK could you explain what 'dark metal' sectors are for?

Cryotchekk
27-11-03, 19:01
pic 1 (http://www.strike9.com/file.ashx?path=%2fsluttinator%2ffullsize%2fshot0143.JPG)

pic 2 (http://www.strike9.com/file.ashx?path=%2fsluttinator%2ffullsize%2fshot0144.JPG)

ive been told a bit, carb said it was a old bugged sector kk never used, and a few other people said it was a sector that u could get into but u couldnt get out. as for this the only reason i couldnt get out was that the lifts werent coded yet. i asked carbonite to move me out and i promise i wont go back.

is there any reason the turrets are there? (if u have any big plans for it im trying not to say to much) but it didnt seem totally dis-used. there were 3 mobs there :D it kinda had a church like feel (pic two)

is anything gonna be done to it? or is it just a old sector that is fucked and you dont use? (if so make the lifts work and make it not a exploit to get in there :D)

Zanathos
27-11-03, 19:09
This is news to me..........

I should explore more :)

Omnituens
27-11-03, 19:11
its where they send the naughty people

Cryotchekk
27-11-03, 19:11
Originally posted by Zanathos
This is news to me..........

I should explore more :)

i had to exploit to get there, and ive kinda been warned quote 'i should ban you' un-quote

Marx
27-11-03, 19:12
Its looks like it's just another place which will be revamped and opened when DoY comes.

Hell, the plotline sure makes it look so.

jernau
27-11-03, 19:15
It's inside Regants Legacy.

Other than that there's not a lot missing from what you already said.

Zanathos
27-11-03, 19:18
Originally posted by jernau
It's inside Regants Legacy.

Other than that there's not a lot missing from what you already said.

OH BOY!

I'll have fun trying to get inside there!

Cryotchekk
27-11-03, 19:22
Originally posted by Zanathos
OH BOY!

I'll have fun trying to get inside there!

dont bother, you CANT get out unless u get a gm to move u and they might ban you

Nexxy
27-11-03, 19:24
You can, just kill yourself.

Candaman
27-11-03, 19:26
hmm looks like a church and crahn being moved out of oz interesting

Psychoninja
27-11-03, 19:27
I can only loose so many boots and pants dying :(

Cryotchekk
27-11-03, 19:42
yah i didnt want to drop anything, i didnt expect crahn to move there coz there are tech haven turrets there :D

Wannabe
27-11-03, 19:57
I think Crahn will move to DoY. If you remember the cathredal (sp?) from the DoY screenshots.

Last time I went to Dark Metal was during Beta 3, and that was only for the implant parts you got from those said turrets. There were also some Launcher cyclops there but I haven't been there in retail.

And with all the mutants around Regants Legacy, it's not worth it. I hate it when you get shot by 20+ mutants and you really can't rez your friends cause your moving :\

But atleast we got some belts hacked :)

// Wannabe

VVerevvolf
27-11-03, 19:58
It will be part of the storyline sometime in the future, Callash said that many weeks ago.

Cryotchekk
27-11-03, 20:29
yah, there cyclopses are still there, i didnt have any ammo so i couldnt kill the turrets. all the need to do is get the lifts working

Sanch0s
27-11-03, 20:39
Sanchos' claim to nc fame : ive been there muhahaah! cos im a bad boy!
Yeah well a GM sent me there and moonunit came and saved me and someone else who was warped there i think it was ste?

]v[ortice
27-11-03, 21:01
I know someone who has been there with a GM.

He was given a sneak preview of the *surprise*

He's told me what it is already and last I heard it wasn't ready.

Something for us all to look forward to :)

Don't ask me ingame or PM me for what it is either... cos I won't say. My friend only saw the *surprise* because he was friends with the GM. I have no reason to disbelieve him either.

Lenard
27-11-03, 21:57
This thread usually repeats itself every couple of months. Every time people always brag about how they know this or that and that they can't say how they did such and such, or how they can't spill the beans.

Each time the person posting SSs always seems to think they are the first to do it, that they are so leet.

Carbonite
27-11-03, 22:18
I hope i dont find any of you guys in there.. since you have to use an exploit to get in.. you figure the rest....
And i did not say it was a bugged sector :p i just said that it wasnt used atm (atleast not that i know about)

Tickles
27-11-03, 22:32
Originally posted by Carbonite
I hope i dont find any of you guys in there.. since you have to use an exploit to get in.. you figure the rest....
And i did not say it was a bugged sector :p i just said that it wasnt used atm (atleast not that i know about)

oooops :p

The TH turrets dont drop anything great just crappy ammo part 3 or weapon 3......... hehe

dont ban me!

Edit : whoops........

Shujin
27-11-03, 22:44
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
dont bother, you CANT get out unless u get a gm to move u and they might ban you i got screen shots of myself there, i was warped there somehow and walked around takin screen shots, eventually got a gm to warp me out after like 2 days ;/

edit: nope nm dont got em anymore, had to re install nc due to some bug i had w/ new vid card

Tickles
27-11-03, 23:47
I'd been told there used to be a Regants Commander there but i couldn't find him... :(

Apparently u need a few PPUs or something to beat him though and they knew he dropped something, but not sure what. Ah well...

Carbonite
28-11-03, 00:56
The commander is not inside Dark Metal...

Shadow Dancer
28-11-03, 01:35
A GM sent be there once as a joke, :p. It was pretty interesting. I wonder if it'll have boss mobs in it once it's opened.s

//Ring\\
29-11-03, 15:55
crap they found it..
ive been there before like way back in beta, it was a nice spot for lvling, only been there twice
once was cuz of a zoning bug.. the second retrobooster wanted to have some 'fun'.. :rolleyes:

anyway aparently its going to be used in the storyline but it has never really had an use.. since storyline hadnt even been though up back then

its just a nice looking place though, with all the lava pits and stuff... :p
u dont need an apu, my hybrid went trough it the 2nd time i was there, im sure a capped apu can do it too

Beanie McChimp
29-11-03, 19:33
Originally posted by Carbonite
The commander is not inside Dark Metal...

:eek: Hmmmmmm I better get looking then:D

RuButt
29-11-03, 22:52
ive been send there...a few times...

no way out :p

StrongSad
30-11-03, 05:36
good god.....now im really interested!!

I wanna see it!!!!!!!!!!

Tickles
30-11-03, 11:50
check out ncpd hq... :lol: :lol: :lol:

//Ring\\
30-11-03, 17:58
*waits for him to fall into the trap then calls a GM*

>=)

Tickles
30-11-03, 19:17
Hahaha :lol:

No trust me go there

StrongSad
30-11-03, 21:00
I dont know how to!! LOL

Beanie McChimp
30-11-03, 21:16
Whats so bad about going to a bugged area not being able to get out should be the punishment not a ban

J. Folsom
30-11-03, 21:19
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
Whats so bad about going to a bugged area not being able to get out should be the punishment not a ban *Sigh*

You need to exploit to get in there, exploiting is bad, and get's you banned. That's why going to that bugged area get's you banned, it's not because it's a bugged area, it's because of what you have to do to get in there.

Beanie McChimp
30-11-03, 21:42
just seems silly that you get stuck there for hours or days then gert banned:confused:

Shakey -=Tank=-
30-11-03, 21:43
lol Beanie you haven't changed mate, read all the posts first next time ;-)

Nidhogg
30-11-03, 21:47
Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
just seems silly that you get stuck there for hours or days then gert banned:confused: Yeah. Simple answer? Don't go there. Easy. ;) You're basically screaming out to the GMs (who go around taking screenies of all the QB's that get left behind as evidence) "I AM AN EXPLOITER". That's probably not the best idea. I just got a screeny about 2 minutes ago on Pluto, as a matter of fact...

N

*ph33r*
30-11-03, 21:50
Sucks if you get warped there then eh?

Shujin
30-11-03, 21:50
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Yeah. Simple answer? Don't go there. Easy. ;) You're basically screaming out to the GMs (who go around taking screenies of all the QB's that get left behind as evidence) "I AM AN EXPLOITER". That's probably not the best idea. I just got a screeny about 2 minutes ago on Pluto, as a matter of fact...

N hey, go look at meh skin contest thread nid, help if u can

craio
30-11-03, 21:57
I just got a screeny about 2 minutes ago on Pluto, as a matter of fact...

N

I might interpreted this wrong but...
You arent a gm right?
But you took a screeny inside that place...
How did you get in then?8|

Ulle
30-11-03, 22:04
Nid is a GM now also.....

Jesterthegreat
01-12-03, 15:22
Yeah. Simple answer? Don't go there. Easy. ;) You're basically screaming out to the GMs (who go around taking screenies of all the QB's that get left behind as evidence) "I AM AN EXPLOITER". That's probably not the best idea. I just got a screeny about 2 minutes ago on Pluto, as a matter of fact...

N

ONOZ! so LE'd peeps get away with it :p

FBI
01-12-03, 15:46
Originally posted by Lenard
This thread usually repeats itself every couple of months. Every time people always brag about how they know this or that and that they can't say how they did such and such, or how they can't spill the beans.

Each time the person posting SSs always seems to think they are the first to do it, that they are so leet.

So true. I remember a thread months back when someone posted
another thread about this and you sent screenshots of the inside.
This was probably around when retail just started and a GM spawned
the turrets to kill people who enter. Those turrets hurt more back
then of course, now they're just obsolete noob killers :)

I mean shit, I even made a thread about this a while ago asking
why the DM sectors are not being used and how will it go with the
storyline, what boss mob will be inside..etcetc... do a search.

But neocron vets like me and lenard know this place exists, seen
it from the countless threads and have even visited the place out
of curiousity (legitly..) so stuff like this is common, please stop the
nonsense and use the search button, you'll find plenty of screenies
and useless info.

Originally posted by *ph33r*
Sucks if you get warped there then eh?

The only way you could get warped there involuntarily is if a GM
warped you there (cough Nid! :) ) or if by a rare glitch in the server
where someone enters the zone just as you enter their previous
zone and the server misinterprets this and thinks your someone
else which warps you to that players location. blahblahblah yeh.
Just know it's rare and 90% of the time the GMs will know if it was
a rare glitch or if you did it voluntarily.

Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
ONOZ! so LE'd peeps get away with it :p

Not if you take all your imps out and empty the quickbelts and inv...

you wont drop a belt and you can hack the other belts with the
tool in the safeslot ;)

Me thinks DM opens with DoY o_O

FBI

Archeus
01-12-03, 15:55
Originally posted by FBI

you wont drop a belt and you can hack the other belts with the
tool in the safeslot ;)

Good luck getting to the entrance lootless Mr mutie food. :p

FBI
01-12-03, 15:56
Originally posted by Archeus
Good luck getting to the entrance lootless Mr mutie food. :p

Well my friend.... that's the challenge :)

FBI

Preshock
01-12-03, 16:05
/me waits outside with a nerf bat a bottle of beer and a rocking chair.

"GGGEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT OOOOUFFFFFF MMMMYYYY LLAAAANNNDDDDDDDD!"

jernau
01-12-03, 16:07
Originally posted by Preshock
/me waits outside with a nerf bat a bottle of beer and a rocking chair.

"GGGEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT OOOOUFFFFFF MMMMYYYY LLAAAANNNDDDDDDDD!"

Ooooh Rare Bat in Retail - GANK HIM!!!!!

CR@SH
01-12-03, 17:08
So true para, now all i need to see is a thread on the BYB and something about albert einstein and history would have repeated itself for about the 3rd or 4th time.

/me waits for all the noobs to wonder about the BYB and albert

RuButt
01-12-03, 17:34
hmm.... Venture Warp then ?

i know a friend who got into newbie MC5 through Venure Warp! :D

//Ring\\
01-12-03, 17:45
lol could very much happen, out of the.. 250 or so zones in nc theres 1 in one million hell of a chances that ull get warped there ;)

theres nothing in DM worth ur time, maybe the regant mutants will move in when DOY is out if its ever out and till then if u find a way in (walk trough dynamo object, very hard to do but not impossible trust me :P) stay OUT of those lava pits 0.o

speaking of which, isnt there like a back exit to nothing at the end of DM? there should be one that like.. leads to where the ceres discs where found and open up the ice zones :P

mmm.. snowball fight time

*trows a snowball at a mutant ice drom*

LVirus
01-12-03, 19:08
Must ... resist ... urge ... to ... go ... DM ... and ... kill ... that ... GM ... guarding ... it ... and ... go ... hack ... all ... belts ... there.

Crap! Gotta go there!

Tickles
01-12-03, 19:28

N

Oooopsieeeyssss, mine isn't there at all.......:angel: :angel: